8. Phoenix - Racheal Theriot
9. Indiana - Jonquel Jones
10. Chicago - Imani Boyette
11. Atlanta - Adut Bulgak
12. New York - Ruth Hamblin
Jet Jaguar

PostPosted: 09/15/15 4:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
If ATL has designs on East playoffs next year, they need to hold onto Lyttle.
They're promising but Dantas, Henry, and Gray aren't a playoff rotation for a while.

I believe ATL should commit to Schimmel as their PG and stop with this musical PG ish. Where would Sloot be at if CHI played musical PG's during her struggles?

Well they kinda did. They played Erin Thorn some when she was struggling her rookie year. Her second year they tried Ticha sometimes when Sloot was struggling. But, you're right, overall she was their main PG. But Pokey would pull her sometimes when she was having problems.

PostPosted: 09/15/15 4:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

From the original post from Draftsite. How in the heck is Rachel Banham not a first round pick? Niya Johnson is but not Banham? Who evaluates these players? I think Rachel could easily be a lottery pick. She's damned good. And Courtney Williams is not a 6'1" forward from Texas A&M, she's a 5'8" guard from USF (sorry if that was mentioned already)

Edit: Sorry, didn't realize there were 2 Courtney Williamses Embarassed

PostPosted: 09/15/15 4:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

until Tuck declares, which I doubt she will do, we should not include her in any mocks. Be realistic. ok, maybe that is asking too much (from myself as well) Laughing

- Amanda Gorman
Shades

PostPosted: 09/15/15 4:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Connecticut Sun have eyes on WNBA lottery

Quote:
“(Stewart) is so versatile,” Connecticut coach Anne Donovan said. “She has won at every level. She has proven herself internationally, you really couldn’t say that about Griner or Delle Donne so Stewie has that already added to her already fantastic resume.”

Even if they don’t get the No. 1 pick (which I will be happy to join you in a collective groan if that happens), this is a deep draft.

“There are a lot of good players in this draft,” Donovan agreed. “Everyone is focused on Stewie, but there is a lot (to choose from) unlike last year. Everyone in the first round is going to get a nice player.”

The likely number two pick is either Tiffany Mitchell from South Carolina or Moriah Jefferson from UConn.

They are two different types of players.

Jefferson is a pure point guard with speed that should make her invaluable in the WNBA. Mitchell is the shooter.

But Donovan was coy on Sunday when it came down to the two of them.

“I don’t think you can ever have enough shooters, but I also love point guards. You can’t have enough of them,” the Connecticut coach said.

Quote:
“In talking to Anne and knowing what we really need next year, getting Breanna Stewart would be great for us, but we need some more vets around here,” Kelsey Bone said. “Us getting younger is building for the future and we’re trying to win right now."

Kelsey Bone taking charge! Very Happy

Quote:
Donovan tried to lure Camille Little to Connecticut when she had the opportunity. Little said ‘No, thank you” and the Sun had to trade for her services.

“It’s hard to get free agents to come to Connecticut,” Bone said. “We have to find a way to lure somebody, some people, to make something happen.”

Intriguing insight.

http://www.norwichbulletin.com/article/20150914/SPORTS/150919734/2000/NEWS?Start=1

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
AAOK423

PostPosted: 09/15/15 5:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I agree that the Dream should stick to Shoni at PG ( Though Cortijo did look good against Wash). As for Shoni's commitment to the WNBA I think ill reserves my judgments on that till after she's had more than one off-season. However, it wouldn't be a bad idea to get a good backup point...whether that means keeping Cortijo or drafting one at the #4.

Also, I find it funny people are more quick to judge Shoni, whose weight goes up and down (She lost a lot of weight going into her rookie season, gained weight going into her 2nd season, and lost a lot of weight at the mid-point of her second season) than they are to judge players who show no sign of losing the "extra weight" they have. And where did 30 pounds come from...was that just a circus trick guess or was there a statement that she was 30 pound overweight?

pilight

PostPosted: 09/15/15 5:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

AAOK423 wrote:
And where did 30 pounds come from...was that just a circus trick guess or was their a statement that she was 30 pound overweight?

Just a guess. By the end of the season the media day videos they used on the jumbotron looked like a different person.

PostPosted: 09/15/15 6:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I will give my college preseason mock draft once I know the correct draft order for the first round. I reserve the right to change my mock draft a thousand times before next year's draft. Cool

PostPosted: 09/16/15 11:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I've always defended Pokey but if we take another tweener (as predicted by Draft Seat) with the plethora of decent post players available, I will burn all of my Sky apparel.

PostPosted: 09/16/15 11:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bullsky wrote:
I've always defended Pokey but if we take another tweener (as predicted by Draft Seat) with the plethora of decent post players available, I will burn all of my Sky apparel.

Will you change your name to bullfever or something?

PostPosted: 09/16/15 12:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
I will give my college preseason mock draft once I know the correct draft order for the first round. I reserve the right to change my mock draft a thousand times before next year's draft. Cool

By everything holy, if Jon Snow is not dead, then I know Pokey will pick a center that can start next year.

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 09/16/15 10:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UofDel_Alum wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:

By everything holy, if Jon Snow is not dead, then I know Pokey will pick a center that can start next year.

There are not many athletic tall centers coming out next year. My greatest fear is that the few that might be credible candidates will get drafted before the tenth pick.

PostPosted: 09/17/15 1:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
UofDel_Alum wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:

There are not many athletic tall centers coming out next year. My greatest fear is that the few that might be credible candidates will get drafted before the tenth pick.

I think McGee-Stafford will be long gone. I don't know much about Jonquel Jones, but she would be another mid-major player. Is she really better than Cheyenne Parker with one year under her belt? And Parker may go overseas for more development. Hamblin is a hard player to evaluate. She has some skills, and in her interviews Ruth seems very smart. However, Hamblin needs to work on her body like Dolson did. I don't see a lot of muscle definition. Who's left? Oh, I'm not a fan of Bulgat's, and she looked shorter than Hamby when they faced off last season.

PostPosted: 09/17/15 2:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I said this before in prior threads. I don't know if Kacy Swain would be considered a center or a forward at the next level. But she is very versatile and athletic and has many post and perimeter skills. I think she is going to be a 1st rounder for sure. Whether she gets drafted as a 3,4,or5. She's a "basketball player" and there are not too many at her size that can move like that with a jump shot to boot. I like Swain's chances a lot! Go Bruins!

root_thing

PostPosted: 09/17/15 10:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

thepullup wrote:
I said this before in prior threads. I don't know if Kacy Swain would be considered a center or a forward at the next level. But she is very versatile and athletic and has many post and perimeter skills. I think she is going to be a 1st rounder for sure. Whether she gets drafted as a 3,4,or5. She's a "basketball player" and there are not too many at her size that can move like that with a jump shot to boot. I like Swain's chances a lot! Go Bruins!

Last season, Swain had career bests of 4.2 ppg, 34.6% FG, and 4.5 rpg. She was 8th in minutes played for UCLA at 14.4. I know Swain was coming off an ACL injury, but at some point you actually have to perform well on the court if you want to get drafted.

PostPosted: 09/17/15 10:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
thepullup wrote:

Last season, Swain had career bests of 4.2 ppg, 34.6% FG, and 4.5 rpg. She was 8th in minutes played for UCLA at 14.4. I know Swain was coming off an ACL injury, but at some point you actually have to perform well on the court if you want to get drafted.

One of the top ROY candidates this year had numbers not much better than that as a senior

PostPosted: 09/17/15 2:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
root_thing wrote:
thepullup wrote:

One of the top ROY candidates this year had numbers not much better than that as a senior

Laughing I just knew that you or some other wiseguy would say that. So, it's your position that the talent on UCLA was comparable to the talent on UConn? Besides, Stokes had 6.8 rpg and 3.8 blocks, which were significantly better than Swain's 4.5 rpg and 0.4 bpg. Mind you, a player not only competes for rebounds against opponents but also her own teammates. Stokes had players like Stewart, Tuck, and Gabby Williams sharing the load. UCLA's best rebounder was 5-9 guard Nirra Fields.

Which is not to say that Swain can't have a great senior year. However, it's a stretch right now to say that she'll be drafted -- much less a top 5 pick.

PostPosted: 09/17/15 6:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Im no basketball expert. But Swain was put in a guard heavy system and had to play with freshmen that the coach was trying to make a point with along with #1 schedule in the country. Coach I believe was getting the freshman ready and to do that minutes had to decrease for some.
I think Swain can play her butt off. And if GM's or Coaches get to see this kid they would be very impressed. Hardly any of the bigs today can move or shoot or have the fundamental skills I saw Swain display. Its not always about stats! There are too many variables to consider that only the trained eye or talented eye can see when others do not see. that is why 100% of the time these mock drafts are way off base from reality. Btw, at the end of the season why don't you revisit this thread and say what you will after watching Swain play a few games instead of relying on stats. Go Bruins!

Shades

PostPosted: 09/22/15 10:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UConn forward Morgan Tuck doesn't plan on declaring for WNBA draft after season

http://www.norwichbulletin.com/article/20150922/SPORTS/150929855/2000/NEWS

Quote:
“My plan is to stay,” Tuck said. “I can get a master’s degree in a year and that would be pretty beneficial. Right now, I’m planning on staying.”

There is a very good likelihood that the Huskies could end up winning a fourth-straight national championship. Tuck said even if that happens and she receives some individual accolades — her goal is to be a first-team All-American — she’ll still likely stay in Storrs.

“You are going to debate both sides, stay in college or play professionally and get paid. I will debate it, but I have to look at the future and the bigger picture and what I want. Basketball is a short window of your whole life and I think, in the end, I will stay,” Tuck said.

After all, how many collegiate players can say they have been part of five national championship teams?

“That would be great,” Tuck said with a laugh. “We just have to make sure we get four first.”

root_thing

PostPosted: 09/22/15 11:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

thepullup wrote:
Im no basketball expert. But Swain was put in a guard heavy system and had to play with freshmen that the coach was trying to make a point with along with #1 schedule in the country. Coach I believe was getting the freshman ready and to do that minutes had to decrease for some.
I think Swain can play her butt off. And if GM's or Coaches get to see this kid they would be very impressed. Hardly any of the bigs today can move or shoot or have the fundamental skills I saw Swain display. Its not always about stats! There are too many variables to consider that only the trained eye or talented eye can see when others do not see. that is why 100% of the time these mock drafts are way off base from reality. Btw, at the end of the season why don't you revisit this thread and say what you will after watching Swain play a few games instead of relying on stats. Go Bruins!

I've seen Swain play... a bit. I might have seen more if her coach thought it was worth leaving her in for significant minutes. Save your lecture for Cori Close.

PostPosted: 09/23/15 12:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Breanna Stewart will be a franchise-changing player wherever she lands

http://espn.go.com/wnba/story/_/id/13723705/connecticut-huskies-breanna-stewart-franchise-changing-player-wnba

Quote:
Thursday, we'll find out the Stewie Sweepstakes winner, as ESPN2 will televise the draft lottery live during halftime of Game 1 of the Western Conference finals. The Minnesota-Phoenix contest will tip off at 8 p.m. ET.

Quote:
If Seattle wins

Welcome to the Emerald City, Breanna! We gotta say this is the coolest city of all cool cities. We have the best coffee, the best cherries, the best grunge rock ... wait, do you know what that is? You're really young.

Anyway, we don't like to brag -- seeing as that's not eco-friendly behavior -- but we pretty much have the best of everything. Except not the best WNBA team right now. That's where you come in.

Quote:
If San Antonio wins

Howdy, Breanna! You've heard everything is bigger in Texas? That Texas is a whole other country? Don't mess with Texas? All true! That's why this is most definitely the right place for you. Because at 6 feet, 4 inches, you are going to be a big Star ... and a big star.

Get it? See, our name is the Stars. (It used to be Silver Stars, but then we got all streamlined). The thing is, it's kind of ironic, because we haven't really had a star player, per se. We have had some good players, but Becky Hammon was the closest thing we had to a real "star." And even she was always more the plucky-underdog kind of star.

Quote:
If Connecticut wins

Well, this is kind of funny. We really don't have to introduce ourselves, right? We're just down the road from Storrs, where you've been piling up national championships the last three years. A lot of your fans there already come to our games, but you're going to bring even more. It's a perfect fit. OK, maybe the rest of the league doesn't think so, but who cares? We couldn't be happier to have you.

You've been here to the Mohegan Sun Arena, of course, including to watch the drafts involving past Huskies teammates. Certainly you've imagined what it will be like in the WNBA, and we're here to tell you that it will be championship-like with you in Connecticut.

Quote:
If Atlanta wins

Forgive us, Breanna, it's been awhile since we've been in the lottery business. But it worked out very well for us last time. That was 2009, and we got Angel McCoughtry with the No. 1 pick. She has led us to the WNBA Finals three times.

The difficult part of that is we were swept in all three. So we're still looking for our first WNBA Finals game victory. But we feel sure with you on board, we'll get that and then a championship. Even though we finished last in the Eastern Conference this year -- we were 15-9 like that other East team that wanted to get you, the Sun -- we know we're not that far away.

Shades

PostPosted: 09/23/15 4:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Breanna Stewart, Moriah Jefferson ready for WNBA draft lottery

http://www.nhregister.com/sports/20150923/breanna-stewart-moriah-jefferson-ready-for-wnba-draft-lottery

Quote:
“Last year I watched it with Kaleena (Mosqueda-Lewis),” said Stewart, who is expected to join Sue Bird, Diana Taurasi, Tina Charles and Maya Moore as UConn products taken first overall. “I think I will be sitting in the apartment in the living room like we normally do, like we are watching every other show. Except we might be paying a little more attention to it because we want to see who gets what pick.”

Quote:
Jefferson could be the real winner Thursday. One option would be to stay in Connecticut, her home away from home. But the Texas native could be heading back to the Lone Star State with San Antonio.

“I try not to think about it too much, but we are going to watch it and what happens after that, we will worry about it when it happens,” Jefferson said. “Whatever team picks me, I will be more than happy to go there and do whatever I can to help them.”

TotalCardinalMove

PostPosted: 09/24/15 12:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Is Peyton Little from OU draft eligible this year?

pilight

PostPosted: 09/24/15 12:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

TotalCardinalMove wrote:

Yes. She could have come out this year if she'd wanted.

PostPosted: 09/24/15 12:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
TotalCardinalMove wrote:

Yes. She could have come out this year if she'd wanted.
Thought so. Should be interesting to see if she'll be able to build on her solid year a season ago.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 61, 62, 63  Next
Page 2 of 63

Jump to: