RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Seattle Storm 2016
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
zune69

PostPosted: 09/25/15 4:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
I'm pretty sure others will be in the market for her services. Is Crystal at the point in her career where she might chase a championship? If so NY and Chi would be her best bet.

Laughing Yeah......Langhorne has suffered enough.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 09/25/15 5:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Seattle would be better off trading Langhonre for a 1st rd draft pick.See if they can get a high enough pick to draft Jones,Williams,Bulgat,Hamlin or Mcgee-stafford.

Langhorne for Gray (and maybe a pick)
Langhorne+KML for Chiney or Bone

We desperately need a center and Langhorne is indeed our best chance of getting one or throw money at someone but i dont really think Henry is a player that you want for more then 20-25 minutes on the court tbh

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
zune69

PostPosted: 09/25/15 5:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
zune69 wrote:
Seattle would be better off trading Langhonre for a 1st rd draft pick.See if they can get a high enough pick to draft Jones,Williams,Bulgat,Hamlin or Mcgee-stafford.

Langhorne for Gray (and maybe a pick)
Langhorne+KML for Chiney or Bone

Both trades would definitely work for seattle.

myrtle

PostPosted: 09/25/15 5:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

TotalCardinalMove wrote:
pilight wrote:
The real question is whether Connecticut takes Jefferson after SAS takes Mitchell.
I just don't think we should get Mitchell. At 5'9 I really don't think she's tall enough to play wing. And she won't start over Kayla.

Mitchell is like a Jia Perkins. And Jia is getting a bit longer in the tooth, so having a good backup at that position wouldn't be a stretch. But I do think it would be wiser for SAS to try to trade into a post.

- Amanda Gorman
TotalCardinalMove

PostPosted: 09/25/15 5:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
TotalCardinalMove wrote:
pilight wrote:
The real question is whether Connecticut takes Jefferson after SAS takes Mitchell.
I just don't think we should get Mitchell. At 5'9 I really don't think she's tall enough to play wing. And she won't start over Kayla.

Mitchell is like a Jia Perkins. And Jia is getting a bit longer in the tooth, so having a good backup at that position wouldn't be a stretch. But I do think it would be wiser for SAS to try to trade into a post.
No matter who we select, I just have the feeling that someone is going to get traded. Whether it be the pick itself, or one of the guards we already have for a post. Mitchell wouldn't be a bad alternative, but I just have a hard time picking her over Moriah. Even if we need her. I guess that could be due to the fact that I think MoJeff is a francishe PG.

JACKOWACKO

PostPosted: 09/25/15 6:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Storm have 1 or 2 more seasons of "championship window" with Sue, then she takes over for Geno.

Make the most of this Storm.

PostPosted: 09/26/15 4:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

JACKOWACKO wrote:
Storm have 1 or 2 more seasons of "championship window" with Sue, then she takes over for Geno.

I dont see the Storm making a playoff run even with Stewart so certainly not a championship window. People forget so easily that they are rebuilding. Getting Stewart doesnt change that. They will be fighting with Tulsa for that 4t spot in the West

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Force10rulz

PostPosted: 09/26/15 12:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
JACKOWACKO wrote:

I dont see the Storm making a playoff run even with Stewart so certainly not a championship window. People forget so easily that they are rebuilding. Getting Stewart doesnt change that. They will be fighting with Tulsa for that 4t spot in the West

I think it'll be about two years before we are championship ready, and even if Sue isn't around in that third year Jewel will be well prepared to take over leadership. It'll be fun watching the Storm grow and get better every year. Then we our third championship comes it'll be sweet!

PostPosted: 09/28/15 3:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SG & PG??

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
pilight

PostPosted: 10/16/15 8:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SUE BIRD, JEWELL LOYD CAN'T WAIT TO CALL BREANNA STEWART A TEAMMATE

http://espn.go.com/espnw/w-in-action/2015-summit/article/13869048/sue-bird-jewell-loyd-look-forward-breanna-stewart-joining-seattle-storm

Quote:
Bird: Obviously we went to the same college, so I've gone out there and practiced with them a lot. Really, she's just like a walking mismatch.

PostPosted: 10/16/15 9:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I couldn't bear to watch much of them, because the games were thoroughly tedious blowouts, but Stewart fit very comfortably into the Team USA squad that was playing in Europe recently. She's going to be very good at the pro level pretty much immediately.

PostPosted: 10/16/15 10:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
SUE BIRD, JEWELL LOYD CAN'T WAIT TO CALL BREANNA STEWART A TEAMMATE

http://espn.go.com/espnw/w-in-action/2015-summit/article/13869048/sue-bird-jewell-loyd-look-forward-breanna-stewart-joining-seattle-storm

Quote:
Bird: Obviously we went to the same college, so I've gone out there and practiced with them a lot. Really, she's just like a walking mismatch.

Quote:
"Sweepstakes is, I don't know," Bird told espnW recently at the Nike Women's Elite Basketball collection unveiling. "Doesn't that imply possibly not taking her, which is not an option at this point?"

Huh? Was she being serious? The "sweepstakes" part was the draft lottery.

root_thing

PostPosted: 10/16/15 11:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

People miss the point about Stewart. They make the easy comparison to EDD or Parker, and they say that Breanna isn't as good. Well, that's probably true offensively. But what makes Stewart special is her ability to play at a high level on both offense and defense. She runs up and down the court like no one else her size, and Breanna is intense on both ends. Even though they look nothing alike, to me the better comparison is to Catchings. Tamika may not be as consistent offensively as some other big stars, but she'll hurt you with her all-around game: defense, rebounding, passing. I think Stewart will have a similar type of impact. The point total won't always be that high, but she'll make her presence felt in a lot of different ways.

PostPosted: 10/16/15 11:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
People miss the point about Stewart. They make the easy comparison to EDD or Parker, and they say that Breanna isn't as good. Well, that's probably true offensively. But what makes Stewart special is her ability to play at a high level on both offense and defense. She runs up and down the court like no one else her size, and Breanna is intense on both ends. Even though they look nothing alike, to me the better comparison is to Catchings. Tamika may not be as consistent offensively as some other big stars, but she'll hurt you with her all-around game: defense, rebounding, passing. I think Stewart will have a similar type of impact. The point total won't always be that high, but she'll make her presence felt in a lot of different ways.

I like your analysis of Breanna. I think there right on.

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 10/16/15 12:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:

Not even close to Catchings, in terms of athleticism, intensity, or defense.

Stewart is much closer to a hybrid of Penny Taylor and Lauren Jackson than to Catchings.

myrtle

PostPosted: 10/16/15 12:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:

Stewart is much closer to a hybrid of Penny Taylor and Lauren Jackson than to Catchings.

IMO this is a good comparison - somewhat closer to PT than LJ but still has some LJ qualities. And I do think that defensively she will have a lot to learn.

- Amanda Gorman
jlight

PostPosted: 10/16/15 2:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
root_thing wrote:

spot on. if they had a baby it would be stewie.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 10/16/15 5:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jlight wrote:
CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
root_thing wrote:

If she can turn out to be similar to those 2 players for the Storm i would be so happy. That is why i hope LJ comes for a goodbye tour with the Storm (even if she cant play) just to be a lockerroom presence and someone that Stewart can learn from. That would be awesome

SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 10/16/15 5:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jlight wrote:
CamrnCrz1974 wrote:

I'm sorry, but that made me LOL. Twisted Evil

jlight

PostPosted: 10/16/15 8:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:
jlight wrote:
CamrnCrz1974 wrote:

I'm sorry, but that made me LOL. Twisted Evil

evil

Shades

PostPosted: 10/29/15 3:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Season Recap: Crystal Langhorne

http://storm.wnba.com/news/season-recap-crystal-langhorne/

Quote:
Langhorne led the team in points per game (11.1), rebounds (5.7), and steals (1.1). Her 54.5 field goal percentage was the third best in the league, behind only Brittney Griner and Emma Meesseman. Along with Nneka Ogwumike, she was one of two players in the league to average at least 10 points, five rebounds, one steal, and shoot better than 50 percent from the field.

pilight

PostPosted: 11/04/15 12:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

http://storm.wnba.com/news/seattle-announces-changes-to-coaching-staff-ahead-of-2016-season/

Quote:
Ryan Webb, who will be entering his second season on the sideline, has been named the first assistant. Leah Drury, who spent the 2015 campaign as the manager of video and equipment, has been elevated to assistant coach. In addition to the coaching staff, Talisa Rhea, former women’s basketball standout at Seattle University, has been added to the basketball operations staff.

PostPosted: 11/04/15 11:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
http://storm.wnba.com/news/seattle-announces-changes-to-coaching-staff-ahead-of-2016-season/

Quote:
Ryan Webb, who will be entering his second season on the sideline, has been named the first assistant. Leah Drury, who spent the 2015 campaign as the manager of video and equipment, has been elevated to assistant coach. In addition to the coaching staff, Talisa Rhea, former women’s basketball standout at Seattle University, has been added to the basketball operations staff.

So, what's become of the Storm's other assistant coaches from last season: Julie Rousseau, Rob Fodor, and someone named Vatansever?

PostPosted: 11/19/15 12:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Monica Wright: Navigating New Territory

http://monicawright.sportsblog.com/posts/7476184/navigating-new-territory.html

Quote:
From an athlete’s standpoint, getting traded as an injured player is scary. I was definitely feeling insecure about it. I mean, going through an injury in general is scary. I had never been injured before in my life before 2014. It’s just really weird. Not knowing how to navigate through an injury is a scary situation, especially for me because I’m such a physical player. I’m about feel and instinct and if my body doesn’t feel right, then everything is off.

PostPosted: 12/18/15 1:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/jewellloyd/status/677913752914776064

Quote:
Hey guys! Wanna chat w/me? Check out my new website http://www.jewellloyd.com & shoot me a text @ +1(312)487-3737 to tell me what you think!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 3 of 16

Jump to: