RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Seattle Storm 2016
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
toad455

PostPosted: 09/13/15 10:10 pm    ::: Seattle Storm 2016 Reply Reply with quote

so let's just say Seattle lands the #1 pick & gets Stewart. What else do they need to add?? Will any of the Aussies show up(Bishop, O'Hea, Jackson)??

They could have:
PG: Bird/Goodrich
SG: Loyd/Wright/O'Hea
SF: Mosqueda-Lewis/Clark
PF: Stewart/Tokashiki/Bishop
C: Langhorne/Gatling or Jackson

Or they could have
PG: Bird/Goodrich/2nd round pick
SG: Loyd/Wright
SF: Mosqueda-Lewis/Clark
PF: Stewart/Tokashiki/Hollingsworth
C: Langhorne/Gatling

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Michelle89

PostPosted: 09/14/15 6:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What I do know is that KML is not going to start instead of Clark next season (if Clark is healthy)

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Pureformofthegame

PostPosted: 09/14/15 7:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

KML starting in front of Clark is not going to happen.

pilight

PostPosted: 09/16/15 10:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

http://indiancountrytodaymedianetwork.com/2015/09/16/seattle-storm-guard-angel-goodrich-its-all-about-mindset-and-staying-positive-161761

Quote:
Earlier in the year, the 5-foot-4 guard from Tahlequah, Okla., was cut for the first time in her illustrious career when the Tulsa Shock released her in the final roster move. Goodrich, who spent the first two seasons in Tulsa since coming into the league in 2013, felt the harsh reality of the business side. Los Angeles gave her a look, but did not sign her. But the veteran guard, who started 16 of 31 games her rookie season in Tulsa, found a home in the Pacific Northwest.

PostPosted: 09/16/15 10:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

yeah, Goodrich turned into a solid back-up for Bird. Hopefully she continues to improve her game & sticks with Seattle long term.

Shades

PostPosted: 09/16/15 10:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
yeah, Goodrich turned into a solid back-up for Bird. Hopefully she continues to improve her game & sticks with Seattle long term.

What if they get the #2 pick?

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
toad455

PostPosted: 09/16/15 10:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
toad455 wrote:

What if they get the #2 pick?

They take Jefferson and keep 3 PGs. Bird's likely to retire by 2017, so they'll have Jefferson & Goodrich long term.

Shades

PostPosted: 09/16/15 11:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

They might consider developing Loyd as a PG longterm because she's smallish (for a SG) and quick and seems to see the floor well.

That could work out with Monica Wright now on the team. I don't think SEA really wants to plop her in the same role she had in MIN. They were obviously eager to get Wright. They want her to be prominent on this team.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Nerd2

PostPosted: 09/16/15 8:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Doubtful that LJ would dream of showing up for the WNBA and hurt her chances for the Olympics. No one has any hope that she will ever wear a Storm uniform again unless it were an honorary thing.

A lot will depend on who returns (specifically the 3 foreign Olympians on the roster) and of course who they draft. Given the fines that would be assessed for missed games, it's not outside the realm of possibility that they would choose to not play for at least the first half. If the entire current roster returns, Storm will need to get one roster spot open at least to fit in their lottery pick. They might need a second one if Nneka Enempkali becomes a factor. I feel they will keep only one of Gatling/Hollingsworth and I would not be surprised if anyone except Bird/Loyd/Tokashiki/Wright is traded. I could especially see them trying to trade someone to whoever gets the #4 pick.

Randy

PostPosted: 09/16/15 9:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rio is Aug 5-21. Don't know what the schedule for the WNBA will be but seems unlikely many foreign Olympians will be coming over.

Nerd2

PostPosted: 09/17/15 10:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jayda posted some info: http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/storm/storm-faces-several-key-roster-questions-after-rebuilding-year/

Sue is a UFA and they can't negotiate with her until January. She has nagging knee problems and will be attending a USA BB camp in October so this could explain all the rest. There is also the possibility that she might skip the first half of the season to prepare. She still wants to retire as a Storm player.

Crystal's also a UFA. She'd like to be back but might not fit into the rebuild plans.

Monica Wright will be staying in Seattle to rehab over the winter.

Nerd2

PostPosted: 09/17/15 11:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Rio is Aug 5-21. Don't know what the schedule for the WNBA will be but seems unlikely many foreign Olympians will be coming over.

If it is like in years past, the games will start in mid-May to allow for a full month's pause at the end of July. The women's final is on Saturday the 20th which would allow time for the players to return and the season to resume around Thursday the 25th.

Depending on the player's NT commitment, some will play all the way up until the break.

myrtle

PostPosted: 09/17/15 11:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nerd2 wrote:
Jayda posted some info: http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/storm/storm-faces-several-key-roster-questions-after-rebuilding-year/

Sue is a UFA and they can't negotiate with her until January. She has nagging knee problems and will be attending a USA BB camp in October so this could explain all the rest. There is also the possibility that she might skip the first half of the season to prepare. She still wants to retire as a Storm player.

Crystal's also a UFA. She'd like to be back but might not fit into the rebuild plans.

Hard to imagine that they wouldn't want Lang back.

- Amanda Gorman
Randy

PostPosted: 09/17/15 11:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nerd2 wrote:
Randy wrote:

If it is like in years past, the games will start in mid-May to allow for a full month's pause at the end of July. The women's final is on Saturday the 20th which would allow time for the players to return and the season to resume around Thursday the 25th.

Depending on the player's NT commitment, some will play all the way up until the break.

For US players I agree. However, there were many players who took a while to just adjust to the time, etc.

For foreign players the story could be different. I recall in 2012 de Souza didn't play until after the Olympics, and some of the Australians didn't either. Cambage didn't play at all, of course. I personally think that for most players a month is plenty of time to prepare and they would be better served by playing the WNBA, but the players may not see it that way. Since Rio ends so late may not be much season left after its over. I'm hoping Dantas will be around for a good portion of the WNBA season, but I'm not counting on it. For the Storm with Bishop, O' Hea and Tok, don't really know how it plays out. I sort of recall O'Hea didn't play in the Olympics last time around.

Nerd2

PostPosted: 09/17/15 11:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Nerd2 wrote:
Randy wrote:

For US players I agree. However, there were many players who took a while to just adjust to the time, etc.

For foreign players the story could be different. I recall in 2012 de Souza didn't play until after the Olympics, and some of the Australians didn't either. Cambage didn't play at all, of course. I personally think that for most players a month is plenty of time to prepare and they would be better served by playing the WNBA, but the players may not see it that way. Since Rio ends so late may not be much season left after its over. I'm hoping Dantas will be around for a good portion of the WNBA season, but I'm not counting on it. For the Storm with Bishop, O' Hea and Tok, don't really know how it plays out. I sort of recall O'Hea didn't play in the Olympics last time around.

The last qualifying tournament is June 13-19. I don't think any WNBA players will be involved however. Yes, a key question will be how much preparation each national team requires of its players. I would expect there to be about a month of games left after the Olympics.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 09/17/15 2:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Nerd2 wrote:

Hard to imagine that they wouldn't want Lang back.

I agree because else they would have traded her. You need a veteran presence and you atleast need a 3rd or 2nd option on offense.

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant

Last edited by Michelle89 on 09/17/15 3:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
toad455

PostPosted: 09/17/15 3:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nerd2 wrote:

The last qualifying tournament is June 13-19. I don't think any WNBA players will be involved however. Yes, a key question will be how much preparation each national team requires of its players. I would expect there to be about a month of games left after the Olympics.

The top teams with numerous WNBA players have qualified: United States, Canada, Brazil & Australia. Also qualified are Serbia(Sparks' Dabovic) & Japan(Storm's Tokashiki).

Teams competing in the Olympic qualifier in June are:
Spain: Sancho Lyttle(Dream), Anna Cruz(Lynx), Marta Xargay(Mercury), Astou Ndour(Stars).
France: Sandrine Gruda(Sparks), Celine Dumerc(Dream).
Belarus: Yelena Leuchanka(UFA).
Turkey: Latoya Sanders(Mystics).
China, South Korea, New Zealand, Cuba, Venezuela, Argentina & two African teams.

miller40

PostPosted: 09/17/15 3:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Nerd2 wrote:

The top teams with numerous WNBA players have qualified: United States, Canada, Brazil & Australia. Also qualified are Serbia(Sparks' Dabovic) & Japan(Storm's Tokashiki).

Spain: Sancho Lyttle(Dream), Anna Cruz(Lynx), Marta Xargay(Mercury), Astou Ndour(Stars).
China, South Korea, New Zealand, Cuba, Venezuela, Argentina & two African teams.

Thanks, this is really helpful!

Nerd2

PostPosted: 09/17/15 4:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Nerd2 wrote:

Wow, I seriously stand corrected.

zune69

PostPosted: 09/17/15 4:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:

Laughing

One of the most hyped foreign players in wnba history.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 09/17/15 4:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nerd2 wrote:
toad455 wrote:
Nerd2 wrote:

Wow, I seriously stand corrected.

If i remember correctly Spain choose Ndour the last time as their naturalised player instead of Lyttle. But it will be 1 of them and not both

LosLynxAngeles

PostPosted: 09/24/15 8:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

alright so here we are!

im not going to do a whole lineup because of the unknowings about the aussies, rolle and ramu but look at these starters..

sue bird
jewell loyd
alysha clark
breanna stewart
crystal langhorne

toad455

PostPosted: 09/24/15 8:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The guarantees for Seattle for 2016 are:

Sue Bird
Jewell Loyd
Alysha Clark
Crystal Langhorne
M. Gatling
Breana Stewart
Ramu Tokashiki
Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis
Monica Wright

That's 9. If the Aussies show up, that's 11 with Bishop & O'Hea. Add in either Goodrich or a post and they're set.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 09/24/15 9:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LosLynxAngeles wrote:
alright so here we are!

im not going to do a whole lineup because of the unknowings about the aussies, rolle and ramu but look at these starters..

sue bird
jewell loyd
alysha clark
breanna stewart
crystal langhorne

Or Stewart plays the 3, Langhorne at her far more natural 4 spot, and they actually find a viable damn center somewhere for the first time in years. Fully expecting them to at least try throwing money at someone like Aneika Henry or Devereaux Peters, even if neither of them have ever been regular WNBA starters. Lang would be so much more comfortable back at the 4 (and it might help Seattle move up from being the worst defense in the league).

PostPosted: 09/24/15 9:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
The guarantees for Seattle for 2016 are:

Sue Bird
Jewell Loyd
Alysha Clark
Crystal Langhorne
M. Gatling
Breana Stewart
Ramu Tokashiki
Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis
Monica Wright

That's 9. If the Aussies show up, that's 11 with Bishop & O'Hea. Add in either Goodrich or a post and they're set.

I could see rolle (depending on visa issues) getting a spot over gatling.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 1 of 16

Jump to: