RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Dearica Hamby....

View previous topic :: View next topic  
basketballologist

PostPosted: 09/01/16 1:21 pm    ::: Dearica Hamby.... Reply Reply with quote

... will miss the remainder of the season. She's expecting her 1st born child.

pilight

PostPosted: 09/01/16 1:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Another pregnant H. I'm starting to worry about Bria Holmes.

PostPosted: 09/01/16 1:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What about Natasha Howard Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Shades

PostPosted: 09/01/16 1:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hmmm.... I guess "flu-like symptoms" meant morning sickness.

With this WNBA baby boom going on, can Candace Harker be far behind with her second one?

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned

Last edited by Shades on 09/01/16 4:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
dtsnms

PostPosted: 09/01/16 2:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Hmmm.... I guess "flu-like symtons" meant morning sickness.

With this WNBA baby boom going on, can Candace Harker be far behind with her second one?

No, flu-like symptoms meant flu-like symptoms. She was not looking too healthy when I talked to her.

SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 09/01/16 3:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

basketballologist wrote:

That would really be a scandal! Or maybe not.

Shades

PostPosted: 09/01/16 4:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
Shades wrote:

No, flu-like symptoms meant flu-like symptoms. She was not looking too healthy when I talked to her.

Quote:
"With morning sickness, some women are sick (vomit) and some have a feeling of sickness (nausea) without being sick. The term "morning sickness" is misleading. It can affect you at any time of the day or night, and some women feel sick all day long."

Shades

PostPosted: 09/01/16 4:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:
basketballologist wrote:

That would really be a scandal! Or maybe not.

I'm pretty sure her relationship isn't at the turkey baster level, so no worries.

PUmatty

PostPosted: 09/01/16 4:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm sorry, but do these women not understand birth control?

pilight

PostPosted: 09/01/16 4:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:

Perhaps she wanted to have a child.

In any event, birth control isn't 100% effective.

PostPosted: 09/01/16 6:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

Ummmm NO! Confused Laughing I think we are safe with either last name (Parker or Williams). I know I'm not the boss of them but we've already established that only the H's are possible this year! Razz

Richyyy

PostPosted: 09/01/16 6:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

From a WNBA perspective it ends up being pretty good timing by Hamby. Could have a decent amount of time to get back in shape before next season. And it's not like she had to worry about missing the stretch run or the playoffs this season...

PostPosted: 09/02/16 7:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:

Birth control should not just be the responsibility of women. Men are involved in all of these pregnancies, too. Many people don't realize things like grapefruit can negatively impact the efficacy of the pill or IUDs. Condoms can burst. That said, if I were a WNBA player trying to avoid unexpected pregnancy, I'd double up on prevention methods & not trust just one.

pilight

PostPosted: 09/02/16 10:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:

If you have 40 women having sex twice a week using birth control that's 99% effective, the odds favor one of them getting pregnant within a year (assuming birth control failure incidents have a 2.5% chance of leading to pregnancy).

PostPosted: 09/02/16 12:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
PUmatty wrote:

If you have 40 women having sex twice a week using birth control that's 99% effective, the odds favor one of them getting pregnant within a year (assuming birth control failure incidents have a 2.5% chance of leading to pregnancy).

I would love to have a discussion with you pilight how you know these stats. They take some research. This is a little scary. I know you know your basketball but these facts put you into a new category. Laughing

pilight

PostPosted: 09/02/16 12:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UofDel_Alum wrote:
pilight wrote:
PUmatty wrote:

I would love to have a discussion with you pilight how you know these stats. They take some research. This is a little scary. I know you know your basketball but these facts put you into a new category. Laughing

That's just math. 1% failure rate is 1 in 100. 2.5% chance of getting pregnant is 1 in 40. 40x100=4000, so your chances of getting pregnant while using 99% effective birth control is 1 in 4000. Sex twice per week is 104 times per year, x 40 women = 4160 sexual encounters per year.

Of course I don't know how many WNBA players are actively having straight sex nor how often they do so. From what I do know, 4000 encounters per year seems like a very conservative estimate.

PostPosted: 09/02/16 1:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
UofDel_Alum wrote:
pilight wrote:
PUmatty wrote:

That's just math. 1% failure rate is 1 in 100. 2.5% chance of getting pregnant is 1 in 40. 40x100=4000, so your chances of getting pregnant while using 99% effective birth control is 1 in 4000. Sex twice per week is 104 times per year, x 40 women = 4160 sexual encounters per year.

Of course I don't know how many WNBA players are actively having straight sex nor how often they do so. From what I do know, 4000 encounters per year seems like a very conservative estimate.

OMG! Your proving my point LOL!

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 09/02/16 5:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UofDel_Alum wrote:
pilight wrote:
UofDel_Alum wrote:
pilight wrote:
PUmatty wrote:

I would love to have a discussion with you pilight how you know these stats. They take some research. This is a little scary. I know you know your basketball but these facts put you into a new category. :lol:

My favorite part is how he casually says, "That's just math", as if everyone in the world is good at math.

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
pilight

PostPosted: 09/03/16 9:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
UofDel_Alum wrote:
pilight wrote:
UofDel_Alum wrote:
pilight wrote:
PUmatty wrote:

My favorite part is how he casually says, "That's just math", as if everyone in the world is good at math.

Statistics is the only math I was ever good at. I took calculus as a freshman in college. I passed, with a C. I figured out how to work the equations well enough to get an answer, and it was the right answer often enough for me to pass the class. But I never could relate what we were doing to any real world application. Even when I got a right answer I had no idea what it meant or what it represented. That was as far as I went with any advanced mathematics. Statistics, OTOH, made sense to me. I aced it. Most serious math students struggle with statistics. They say it is the least intuitive branch of mathematics. Maybe that's true if you think like a math major, but for me it clicked.

PostPosted: 09/04/16 7:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:
UofDel_Alum wrote:
pilight wrote:
UofDel_Alum wrote:
pilight wrote:
PUmatty wrote:

Statistics is the only math I was ever good at. I took calculus as a freshman in college. I passed, with a C. I figured out how to work the equations well enough to get an answer, and it was the right answer often enough for me to pass the class. But I never could relate what we were doing to any real world application. Even when I got a right answer I had no idea what it meant or what it represented. That was as far as I went with any advanced mathematics. Statistics, OTOH, made sense to me. I aced it. Most serious math students struggle with statistics. They say it is the least intuitive branch of mathematics. Maybe that's true if you think like a math major, but for me it clicked.

Your speaking to one person that respects your input to this board.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: