RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Connecticut Sun 2016
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 02/04/16 8:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:

Sun were a bit crowded in the post with Bone, Ogwumike, Camille Little. So the move made sense.

Who's going to back up Bone at the center position?

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
TotalCardinalMove

PostPosted: 02/04/16 9:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:

Sun were a bit crowded in the post with Bone, Ogwumike, Camille Little. So the move made sense.

Maybe the Sun are interested in Boyette

HoosierHusky

PostPosted: 02/04/16 9:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
TotalCardinalMove wrote:
I would think the Sun are going to talk to Seattle first about getting the #1 pick. If that doesn't work out, I'm sure SA is next on their list. Safe to say they aren't done, and they are believing they have options. The #3 and #4 picks, plus some of the talent they have to trade is probably what they are thinking first.

If I'm SEA, I'm not letting go of Stewart. Bird wants Stewart on the team and you don't want to risk ruffling Bird's feathers. Offer up Chiney, Bone plus 3 & 4, and maybe we can talk. Very Happy SEA can toss in KML at that price.

Bird only has a couple years left. If she really wanted to help her team she would be happy with a trade that would bring 2 draft picks and maybe a couple more players in a trade.

Shades wrote:
TotalCardinalMove wrote:
I would think the Sun are going to talk to Seattle first about getting the #1 pick. If that doesn't work out, I'm sure SA is next on their list. Safe to say they aren't done, and they are believing they have options. The #3 and #4 picks, plus some of the talent they have to trade is probably what they are thinking first.

If I'm SEA, I'm not letting go of Stewart. Bird wants Stewart on the team and you don't want to risk ruffling Bird's feathers. Offer up Chiney, Bone plus 3 & 4, and maybe we can talk. Very Happy SEA can toss in KML at that price.

Bird only has a couple years left. If she really wanted to help her team she would be happy with a trade that would bring 2 draft picks and maybe a couple more players in a trade.

Shades wrote:
TotalCardinalMove wrote:

Shades wrote:
TotalCardinalMove wrote:

Shades wrote:
TotalCardinalMove wrote:

PostPosted: 02/04/16 9:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
TotalCardinalMove wrote:

Bird only has a couple years left. If she really wanted to help her team she would be happy with a trade that would bring 2 draft picks and maybe a couple more players.

PostPosted: 02/04/16 11:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I agree with TCM's observation, this trade wasn't about the second pick. CON is going all out to get Stewie. Picks 3 & 4, Chiney, maybe one more player. Certainly be a blockbuster! And we could immediately start talking about the sisters reuniting in SEA! Of course, like most RebKell trade speculation, the odds are long!☺

Michelle89

PostPosted: 02/04/16 11:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:

Um Camille Little has played the center position for years in Seattle...

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Shades

PostPosted: 02/04/16 11:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

OldGoat wrote:
I agree with TCM's observation, this trade wasn't about the second pick. CON is going all out to get Stewie. Picks 3 & 4, Chiney, maybe one more player. Certainly be a blockbuster! And we could immediately start talking about the sisters reuniting in SEA! Of course, like most RebKell trade speculation, the odds are long!☺

Are you saying CON has been negotiating with SEA, and SEA wasn't interested in Williams in a trade? They'd rather have the #4 pick? Seems a bit far-fetched.
SEA needs a center, and I would think a defensive-minded coach like Boucek would appreciate Williams.

TotalCardinalMove

PostPosted: 02/04/16 12:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
OldGoat wrote:

Are you saying CON has been negotiating with SEA, and SEA wasn't interested in Williams in a trade? They'd rather have the #4 pick? Seems a bit far-fetched.
SEA needs a center, and I would think a defensive-minded coach like Boucek would appreciate Williams.
Perhaps Imani Boyette. They could trade down and draft Hamblin. Or even go for Jonquel Jones. Seattle would have plenty of options if they go for this.

I just think if they were negotiating with SA, the Stars would have been okay with Williams, or A.Thomas, or one of the excess guards on the Sun roster and the #3 pick in exchange for #2.

Last edited by TotalCardinalMove on 02/04/16 12:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
OldGoat

PostPosted: 02/04/16 12:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I have no knowledge whatsoever of anyone's negotiations. However, if CON wants Stevie, they have to put together a package that suits SEA. I seem to recall a lot of speculation about EW and her commitment, at least long-term, to the W (and if she would want to be on the Left Coast.) Were I the SEA GM, and wanting to return to contender status, which will take 2 or 3 years....pick 4 might appeal more than EW. That fourth pick could be still playing for the Storm when Dr. Williams receives her M.D. Pure speculation, but that's why we are here. Well, that and to see Pilight's avatars...

dtsnms

PostPosted: 02/04/16 1:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

OldGoat wrote:

Not necessarily...since we like wild speculation, what if Connecticut was hedging it's bet against Tuck coming out.

Maybe they trade #4 and something for #2, and take Jefferson at 2 and Tuck at 3.

Just having fun here, I know nothing, honestly!!!!

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 02/04/16 9:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If I'm SA I would take #3 and #4 for #2, Conn gets Jefferson and SA gets Mitchell and Boyette or some other combo of 2nd tier lottery picks at 3 and 4. SA liking Boyette more than Williams seems like the most logical missing piece to the trade puzzle IMO.

If I'm Seattle I think I just hold onto Stewart for better or worse, Conn would have to way over pay for me to give her up. I would consider #3 and #4 and C. Ogwumike but I don't think I would pull the trigger. I really like Chiney and I wouldn't even be shocked if she had a career similar in stature to Stewart's, but Stewart has the potential to be the next Parker, LJ or EDD or similar generational type of player and it is risky to give that up when you have it in the bag even for great talent, reading that player could e career ending, keeping that player if she doesn't live up to the hype is a much smaller mistake IMO.

I'm also in agreement with Shades that Conn or a trading partner liking #4 more than the known quantity of E. Williams does seem a little odd, but obviously Atlanta disagreed so we'll find out who was right as the future unfolds. If someone thinks Boyette, Jones or another player will turn into an all-star it makes more sense since I think E. Williams ceiling might be solid starter maybe not all-star, but who knows?

LosLynxAngeles

PostPosted: 02/04/16 10:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

#3, #4, and Kelsey for Breanna and KML?

Shades

PostPosted: 02/04/16 11:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LosLynxAngeles wrote:
#3, #4, and Kelsey for Breanna and KML?

No way. Why would SEA do this lowball deal?

TotalCardinalMove

PostPosted: 02/05/16 1:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
If I'm SA I would take #3 and #4 for #2, Conn gets Jefferson and SA gets Mitchell and Boyette or some other combo of 2nd tier lottery picks at 3 and 4. SA liking Boyette more than Williams seems like the most logical missing piece to the trade puzzle IMO.

If I'm Seattle I think I just hold onto Stewart for better or worse, Conn would have to way over pay for me to give her up. I would consider #3 and #4 and C. Ogwumike but I don't think I would pull the trigger. I really like Chiney and I wouldn't even be shocked if she had a career similar in stature to Stewart's, but Stewart has the potential to be the next Parker, LJ or EDD or similar generational type of player and it is risky to give that up when you have it in the bag even for great talent, reading that player could e career ending, keeping that player if she doesn't live up to the hype is a much smaller mistake IMO.

I'm also in agreement with Shades that Conn or a trading partner liking #4 more than the known quantity of E. Williams does seem a little odd, but obviously Atlanta disagreed so we'll find out who was right as the future unfolds. If someone thinks Boyette, Jones or another player will turn into an all-star it makes more sense since I think E. Williams ceiling might be solid starter maybe not all-star, but who knows?
I just listened to a podcast with Mechelle Voepel, and the name out of the Big 12 she linked to Dan Hughes was actually Kaylon Williams out of OU. For the last few months, she has actually caught my eye. She is very under the radar, and has so many post moves. I wouldn't mind seeing SA trying to trade for a 2nd round pick to draft her, instead of using a high pick on a post with a lot of questions surrounding their ability and potential.

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 02/05/16 1:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

TotalCardinalMove wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:

I just listened to a podcast with Mechelle Voepel, and the name out of the Big 12 she linked to Dan Hughes was actually Kaylon Williams out of OU. For the last few months, she has actually caught my eye. She is very under the radar, and has so many post moves. I wouldn't mind seeing SA trying to trade for a 2nd round pick to draft her, instead of using a high pick on a post with a lot of questions surrounding their ability and potential.

We have no idea if it is what is on the table, but as a SA fan would you trade #2 for #3 and #4? (It wouldn't have to be for the players I listed, it could be the two players of your choosing assuming #1 is Stewart and Conn is trading for #2 to get Jefferson.)

TotalCardinalMove

PostPosted: 02/05/16 1:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
TotalCardinalMove wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:

We have no idea if it is what is on the table, but as a SA fan would you trade #2 for #3 and #4? (It wouldn't have to be for the players I listed, it could be the two players of your choosing assuming #1 is Stewart and Conn is trading for #2 to get Jefferson.)
It would really depend on how the rest of the season plays out, as every player not named Stewart (and maybe Jefferson) have questions surrounding them. But realistically, unless Dan is really crazy about two specific players, I don't see why he would want to add two unknown quantities that high up, because you still don't know what you'd be getting. Which is why I would think he would prefer a player with experience. All speculation as SA fans never know what he's thinking though.

I feel like this is where the trade for Logic midseason hurt us. If you remember last year, SA actually traded for an additional pick, which I thought would actually be Logic. But he ended up trading it for Montgomery instead. Had he just taken Logic originally, like many thought we'd still have all three picks, and we wouldn't be speculating who he would take at #2. As that could've been used to draft Moriah, and then we take best post available (Williams, Graves, or someone who slips) with the high second round pick.

hangtyme24

PostPosted: 02/05/16 1:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

TotalCardinalMove wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:

I think I seen Kaylon Williams play against Texas and I thought her footwork and post moves were pretty nice. She was going up against Boyette but despite the height difference she gave her a couple of nice up and under moves. I think she could use some better conditioning but I like her at the 4 position at the next level. I wouldn't be surprised to see her go early second or even late first round. That was only one game but I was impressed.

PostPosted: 02/05/16 1:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

TotalCardinalMove wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:
TotalCardinalMove wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:

It would really depend on how the rest of the season plays out, as every player not named Stewart (and maybe Jefferson) have questions surrounding them. But realistically, unless Dan is really crazy about two specific players, I don't see why he would want to add two unknown quantities that high up, because you still don't know what you'd be getting. Which is why I would think he would prefer a player with experience. All speculation as SA fans never know what he's thinking though.

I feel like this is where the trade for Logic midseason hurt us. If you remember last year, SA actually traded for an additional pick, which I thought would actually be Logic. But he ended up trading it for Montgomery instead. Had he just taken Logic originally, like many thought we'd still have all three picks, and we wouldn't be speculating who he would take at #2. As that could've been used to draft Moriah, and then we take best post available (Williams, Graves, or someone who slips) with the high second round pick.

You could perhaps get both if you traded #2 for #3 & #4. Then trade one of the two picks for an established player. That said, if I'm Hughes, I ask for more than just the two picks...and would probably prefer just one of the picks with a really decent player from CT.

- Amanda Gorman
Shades

PostPosted: 02/05/16 1:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This is a question dtsnms might be able to answer since he may have a finger on the pulse of Connecticut basketball. Are the Sun fans and/or organization that gaga over Jefferson that they'd offer up a lot to add her to the club, despite the fact she may have shortcomings in the WNBA and despite the fact they're already overloaded at the position? They have Bentley, JThomas, CGray, all who can play both guard positions, and Hightower, whose status is a mystery and also has played PG overseas.

I have a feeling this latest move is more about Tuck, who they really don't need either. It feels like something's up though.... just not sure what it is.

root_thing

PostPosted: 02/05/16 2:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm not familiar with Kaylon Williams. I turned on a game recently to watch her, but she didn't play very much. Is there any reason why Williams only plays 21.7 mpg? Are there any health issues?

TotalCardinalMove

PostPosted: 02/05/16 2:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Exactly. Which makes me think this deal wasn't about anything the Sun want to do with SA. This is just pure speculation, but if the Sun were negotiating with SA, it could be a testament to how valuable SA thinks Moriah is. I believe that Dan would've pulled the trigger if the Sun would have offered one of Bentley, A.Thomas, Gray AND the #3 pick for #2. Out of that deal, he would have been able to fill two needs as I'm sure he would take a post (Alleyne, Jones, Boyette) at 3. It's possible the Sun refused to add one of their better players, or SA flat out said no to an offer of EWill and #3 and demanded an additional pick. But, I find that hard to believe. I'm sure if the Sun were "all in" to guarantee Moriah, they would've given almost anything SA was asking for.

IMO if SA was that interested in one of Boyette, Allenye, or Jones in the draft, I think Dan could've easily offered Atlanta: Hamby or Alexander for that 4th pick. Or they would've just asked for one of the Sun's extra guards and the 3 pick would've been a post (whichever one they were interested in). The Sun giving away a post instead of a guard, just makes me wonder if the acquisition of Moriah is really the ultimate goal. If SA didn't like Moriah, I think they would've been happy with whatever the Sun offered, as they would've still ended up with the player they liked in the draft.

I think the Sun's ultimate target is Seattle. Those two picks, plus whatever other player(s) they decide to add, is what I think they will try offer to Seattle. It could look like:

Chiney, Bentley, #3 and #4 picks for Stewie and KML.
-OR-
Chiney, Thomas, Gray, and #4 for Stewie and KML.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 3 of 14

Jump to: