RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Connecticut Sun 2016
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
toad455

PostPosted: 09/13/15 6:14 pm    ::: Connecticut Sun 2016 Reply Reply with quote

since we started an Atlanta Dream 2016, might as well continue.

Odds are they won't get Stewart, so who does Connecticut draft?? A guard??

PG: JThomas/Gray
SG: Bentley/draft pick
SF: AThomas/Hightower/Stricklen
PF: C. Ogwumike/Little/Pederson
C: Bone/Williams

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Shades

PostPosted: 09/13/15 6:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I would put Hightower at SG.

CON doesn't really need much other than to get and stay healthy.
They'll most likely take best available....maybe consider trade because they're young enough.
If they get #1, they'll keep Stewart and send Pedersen packing (finally).

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Randy

PostPosted: 09/13/15 6:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I would think Gray should eventually replace Thomas at PG, though the Sun announcers seem to say she needs to work on her conditioning issues. Hightower makes sense as Bentley's back up depending how well her recovery goes.

Best player available make sense for them. Seems like Griffin will come back to the Sun as well. They look like a good team to me. Health and too much youth is the main problem.

markinct

PostPosted: 09/14/15 7:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If they do not get the pick.....I'd agree, draft the best possible player out there.....but they might not make the team. They'd have to prove to be a better option than Lacy, Pederson, Griffin or Faris. It will be the last person off the bench more than likely.

PG-JThomas/C Gray
SG- Alex/Ali Hightower
SF- AThomas/Stricklen/
PF-Chiney O/Little
C- KBone/Williams

That leaves TWO roster spots between draft pick/Pederson/Lacy/Faris and Griffin.

I wouldn't settle for this though...I'd offer up San Antonio (if they get the pick but their biggest need would be replacing Sophia...The Sun don't have a #4 to give up....Except for Little and I don't see a team taking her at this stage of her career for such a coveted draft pick. I would offer up Alyssa Thomas, Alison Hightower and our first round pick though. Then they can sign Kelsey Griffin if they wanted to.

c-Bone/Williams
PF- Chiney/Camille/Griffin
SF- Stewie/Strick/Pederson or Lacy
SG- Alex/draft pick
PG- JThomas/C Gray

Shades

PostPosted: 10/09/15 9:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Spanish LFB Round 3 best performance: Chelsea Gray

http://www.eurobasket.com/Spain/news/423928/Spanish-LFB-round-3-best-performance:-Chelsea-Gray?Women=1

Quote:
American Guard Chelsea Gray (180-G-92) put on an extraordinary performance in the last round for Girona, receiving a Eurobasket.com Player of the Week award for round 3.
The 23-year old player was the main contributor (20 points, two rebounds and four assists) to her team's victory, helping them to beat Campus Promete (#14, 0-3), the league's bottom-ranked team 74-64. Girona is placed at 5th position in Spanish LFB. They would have been even better if they hadn't lost that single game earlier this season. Girona will need more victories to improve their 2-1 record. In the team's last game Gray had a remarkable 60.0% from 2-point range. She turned to be Girona's top player in her first season with the team. Former Duke University star has very solid stats this year. Gray is in league's top in points (2nd best: 17.7ppg), assists (9th best: 3.3apg) and averages impressive 6.0spg and 55.0% FGP.

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 10/09/15 11:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Gray is a better playmaker than Thomas, who is a combo guard who likes to shoot. When paired in a backcourt with Alex Bentley, that can be problematic, especially with an improving Bone and a returning Chiney up front.

Gray is also a better outside shooter than Thomas.

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 10/09/15 9:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
Gray is a better playmaker than Thomas, who is a combo guard who likes to shoot. When paired in a backcourt with Alex Bentley, that can be problematic, especially with an improving Bone and a returning Chiney up front.

Jasmine was on the floor for her defense and speed. I hope Chelsea regains her endurance and ability to get to the right place on the floor on defense. When Chelsea is at full strength and conditioning, she's disruptive on defense, using the same craftiness she shows on offense. Jasmine had her best WNBA season this year, especially when Bentley was playing alongside her. Her faults (turnovers, low shooting percentage) were more pronounced after Bentley went down. Bentley helped cover by taking a bulk of the shots.

Chelsea has a much higher ceiling. I hope she becomes strong enough to get there.

~rAf
Randy

PostPosted: 10/09/15 9:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Its happened before. Jasmine started ahead of Alex in 2013 in Atlanta, and Shoni in 2014, and in 2015 Chelsea. Being a vet who is in shape, and plays hard d covers up the fact that she's not much of shooter or playmaker. I think Gray looks like a much better long term prospect.

NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 10/10/15 9:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:

Not to mention that Thomas' low shooting percentages don't justify a willingness to shoot.

PostPosted: 10/10/15 9:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That's the most puzzling part of Jasmine's game - she shoots a lot more than she should but by all accounts she's a good team player, and coachable. I have to think the coaches are ok with the number of shots she takes per game.

markinct

PostPosted: 10/17/15 10:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think she (Jasmine Thomas) felt that she needed to take those shots in certain circumstances....especially when AT25 and Alex went out with injury. With Chiney coming back, I'm sure that mentality will change. I think AT25 will probably be coming off the bench, highly energized coming in for Camille Who will probably start at the 3 spot....they could flip flop but I don't see AT being better at this stage of her game. All I can say is...I can't wait for April/May....

LosLynxAngeles

PostPosted: 10/17/15 10:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

markinct wrote:
I think she (Jasmine Thomas) felt that she needed to take those shots in certain circumstances....especially when AT25 and Alex went out with injury. With Chiney coming back, I'm sure that mentality will change. I think AT25 will probably be coming off the bench, highly energized coming in for Camille Who will probably start at the 3 spot....they could flip flop but I don't see AT being better at this stage of her game. All I can say is...I can't wait for April/May....

i think all holding back alyssa last year was injury if she gives her self some rest she should be playing better

pilight

PostPosted: 10/18/15 10:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/jaltavilla/status/655764381188366336

Quote:
If you are following @ConnecticutSun coaching search, both Jen Rizzotti and Gail Goestenkors, assistant with @IndianaFever, not candidates

PostPosted: 10/19/15 8:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/jaltavilla/status/656093498513444864

Quote:
Sources now indicating neither Carol Ross or Katie Smith interested in @connecticutsun job, either, along with Rizzotti and Gail Goestenkors

PostPosted: 10/19/15 8:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

Quote:
Sources now indicating neither Carol Ross or Katie Smith interested in @connecticutsun job, either, along with Rizzotti and Gail Goestenkors

Hmm.... three of the top four candidates in the board poll have now been eliminated.

http://boards.rebkell.net/viewtopic.php?t=85752

toad455

PostPosted: 10/19/15 10:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
pilight wrote:

Quote:

Hmm.... three of the top four candidates in the board poll have now been eliminated.

and I'd be willing to bet that Vickie Johnson stays with the Stars, too. Guess whoever they pick, it'll surprise everyone.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
LosLynxAngeles

PostPosted: 10/19/15 11:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Shades wrote:
pilight wrote:

Quote:

and I'd be willing to bet that Vickie Johnson stays with the Stars, too. Guess whoever they pick, it'll surprise everyone.

why do none of these assistants want the job??

myrtle

PostPosted: 10/19/15 2:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Maybe they'll pull a NYL and re-hire Anne. Cool The new trend...

I think they should hire Carolyn Peck! Get her off the airways...

- Amanda Gorman
dtsnms

PostPosted: 10/19/15 3:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LosLynxAngeles wrote:
toad455 wrote:
Shades wrote:
pilight wrote:

Quote:

Why does anyone think the Sun wanted these people? Just saying, we don't really know.

Sorry if I don't think a Rebkell poll is the definitive answer as to who the Sun are going to hire.
Laughing

Shades

PostPosted: 10/19/15 4:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
LosLynxAngeles wrote:
toad455 wrote:
Shades wrote:
pilight wrote:

Quote:

Why does anyone think the Sun wanted these people? Just saying, we don't really know.

Sorry if I don't think a Rebkell poll is the definitive answer as to who the Sun are going to hire.

The fact that Altavilla is tweeting that they aren't interested in the job, shows they were popular candidate choices.... maybe he reads the board? We're just guessing who they might chose, and the results are interesting to see, are they not?

cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 10/19/15 4:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Personally, I'm glad neither Rizz nor (and especially) GG won't be the coach.

Ross is a meh, imo. I thought Smith might have been a good idea.

PostPosted: 10/19/15 5:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
Personally, I'm glad neither Rizz nor (and especially) GG won't be the coach.

I feel ya.

myrtle

PostPosted: 10/19/15 8:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Klop?

- Amanda Gorman
PUmatty

PostPosted: 10/19/15 8:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thibault?

NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 10/19/15 9:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If it's true that Smith would not be interested in the job (not saying that's a given), I wonder why that would be. Connecticut is a young team that will likely be on the rise. They're going to have quite a few top 5 draft choices on the squad along with a #1 overall in Chiney. There's a quite a bit to build with here.

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 1 of 14

Jump to: