Atlanta Dream 2016
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 29, 30, 31  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pilight

PostPosted: 10/03/15 7:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
pilight wrote:
The Dream are in no danger whatsoever

You've heard that they are close to profitable or that the owners have no problem with any losses for the forseeable future?

In fact I have heard both of those things

PostPosted: 10/03/15 8:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That's great to know!

Now we can concentrate on what we need to do for next season and beyond. I'm excited about the college season since we a lot of draft picks and we should have a number of roster spots to fill.

Randy

PostPosted: 10/09/15 2:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dream have started their overseas reports and most of the players have found jobs. Some have already started playing. I am wondering where Angel ends up after the end of her Team USA work. Shoni is not listed as playing overseas.

http://dream.wnba.com/news/dream-overseas-report-oct-5/

gethers22

PostPosted: 10/09/15 7:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Angel isn't playing overseas after this trip.

Randy

PostPosted: 10/09/15 9:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That's a bit surprising considering how much money she could make overseas, but good for her if she wants to take some time off.

pilight

PostPosted: 10/10/15 12:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Dream sent me a certificate of recognition for being a founding fan. Unfortunately, the frame did not survive the trip. I did manage to get the certificate and card out without cutting myself on the broken glass.

PostPosted: 10/10/15 5:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
That's a bit surprising considering how much money she could make overseas, but good for her if she wants to take some time off.

And nice to see that the WNBA seems more important to her than whatever money she might be passing up.

PostPosted: 10/10/15 5:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
The Dream sent me a certificate of recognition for being a founding fan. Unfortunately, the frame did not survive the trip. I did manage to get the certificate and card out without cutting myself on the broken glass.

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ctwqa3QCwMw?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

PostPosted: 10/10/15 9:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
Randy wrote:

And nice to see that the WNBA seems more important to her than whatever money she might be passing up.

as much as many people do not like angel, she is not one to take the wnba for granted. she loves the wnba, never taken a break or came late because of commitments and even though she is a hot head on the court she has had a very respectful personal life and career. should be promoted more imo

Michelle89

PostPosted: 10/11/15 6:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LosLynxAngeles wrote:
NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
Randy wrote:

as much as many people do not like angel, she is not one to take the wnba for granted. she loves the wnba, never taken a break or came late because of commitments and even though she is a hot head on the court she has had a very respectful personal life and career. should be promoted more imo

Her experience with Fenerbahce is probably a big reason why she stays home this offseason..

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
bekcat1

PostPosted: 10/12/15 9:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Dream have started their overseas reports and most of the players have found jobs. Some have already started playing. I am wondering where Angel ends up after the end of her Team USA work. Shoni is not listed as playing overseas.

Shoni has this dream of playing with her sister Jude. If she doesn't abandon this dream, she's going to ruin her own career. Nobody is going to sign both Shoni and Jude. If Shoni sits out another overseas season w/o going through some kind of training regimen, she's going to find herself either benched again or outright cut by the Dream.

toad455

PostPosted: 10/12/15 11:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bekcat1 wrote:
Randy wrote:

Shoni has this dream of playing with her sister Jude. If she doesn't abandon this dream, she's going to ruin her own career. Nobody is going to sign both Shoni and Jude. If Shoni sits out another overseas season w/o going through some kind of training regimen, she's going to find herself either benched again or outright cut by the Dream.

Agreed. Though I'm sure Seattle would pick her up immediately just to sell more tickets.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
bekcat1

PostPosted: 10/12/15 1:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
bekcat1 wrote:
Randy wrote:

Agreed. Though I'm sure Seattle would pick her up immediately just to sell more tickets.

Yeah, but it wouldn't last long. She's got to be smarter about this stuff. I'm willing to bet if an opportunity presented itself overseas for just Shoni, Jude would be the first to tell her to go for it. Shoni has got to act more like the marquis player she is. She does nobody good to be parked on the bench because she's woefully out of shape.

pilight

PostPosted: 10/12/15 1:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bekcat1 wrote:
Randy wrote:

I had a chance to talk to Jude Schimmel this summer at a Dream game. She said she had no plans to play pro ball.

PostPosted: 10/12/15 1:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bekcat1 wrote:
If Shoni sits out another overseas season w/o going through some kind of training regimen, she's going to find herself either benched again or outright cut by the Dream.

This could be a real embarrassment for the WNBA, having a player cut but still voted to start the All-Star game.

Shades

PostPosted: 10/12/15 2:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

calbearman76 wrote:
bekcat1 wrote:
If Shoni sits out another overseas season w/o going through some kind of training regimen, she's going to find herself either benched again or outright cut by the Dream.

This could be a real embarrassment for the WNBA, having a player cut but still voted to start the All-Star game.

She's not going to get cut. This is just what pilight might call hand-wringing.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
myrtle

PostPosted: 10/12/15 2:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shoni has said that she learned her lesson. Let's hope she really did...and acts on it.

- Amanda Gorman
bekcat1

PostPosted: 10/12/15 5:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
calbearman76 wrote:
bekcat1 wrote:

She's not going to get cut. This is just what pilight might call hand-wringing.

I wouldn't call it hand-wringing. Shoni has said more than once she wants to play overseas with Jude. Pilight says Jude has no interest in playing pro ball (and I would assume that means overseas as well). If Shoni doesn't do anything like last winter, and shows up overweight and out of shape, I could imagine bad consequences for Shoni and her career. That's not hand-wringing, that's a fact.

AAOK423

PostPosted: 10/14/15 8:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

http://www.courier-journal.com/story/sports/college/louisville/2015/10/14/jeff-walz-sets-national-championship-goals-at-louisville-basketball-tipoff/73866422/

For relevant info go to end of article. According to this it looks like Shoni AND Jude will be going to Israel, though to play for different teams. I knew it was going to be difficult for Shoni to be separated from her family...if she needs Jude by her side (or in the same region) and Jude is willing, I understand. Just happy to see an indication that she is going overseas. Also, I wonder if either will end up on the same team as Asia Taylor?

Randy

PostPosted: 10/14/15 9:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thanks for finding that AAOK423. Israel is such a small country, its hard to imaging they would be very far apart.

AAOK423

PostPosted: 10/14/15 9:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Thanks for finding that AAOK423. Israel is such a small country, its hard to imaging they would be very far apart.

No problem. Yeah, im sure that was a big attraction for them possibly going there. I hope it works out.

Randy

PostPosted: 10/14/15 9:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm really glad to hear Shoni is going to play overseas. What it does for her game is almost besides the point. I think the main thing is it will help her stay in shape.

Shades

PostPosted: 10/14/15 9:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
I'm really glad to hear Shoni is going to play overseas. What it does for her game is almost besides the point. I think the main thing is it will help her stay in shape.

Playing helps you keep in shape, eh? Should have explained that to Cooper.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Jet Jaguar

PostPosted: 10/14/15 10:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Randy wrote:

Playing helps you keep in shape, eh? Should have explained that to Cooper.

I don't think playing 30 minutes once or twice a week will keep you in shape. But the practice and team workouts probably do.

PostPosted: 10/16/15 2:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

AAOK423 wrote:
http://www.courier-journal.com/story/sports/college/louisville/2015/10/14/jeff-walz-sets-national-championship-goals-at-louisville-basketball-tipoff/73866422/

For relevant info go to end of article. According to this it looks like Shoni AND Jude will be going to Israel, though to play for different teams. I knew it was going to be difficult for Shoni to be separated from her family...if she needs Jude by her side (or in the same region) and Jude is willing, I understand. Just happy to see an indication that she is going overseas. Also, I wonder if either will end up on the same team as Asia Taylor?

Good for Shoni (if it is indeed true she's going to Israel to play ball). I'm not wild about the fact it is in Israel seeing that violence is starting to look like it is increasing. I'm sure teams take great measures to insure their players are safe, but over there you just never know. Good luck to both Shoni and Jude.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 29, 30, 31  Next
Page 3 of 31

Jump to: