47%  [ 11 ]
Liberty
52%
 52%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 23

zune69

PostPosted: 08/28/15 8:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PhoenixxLily wrote:

where is McCarville? is just dawned on me that she's not playing... i'm so out of the loop. haven't had the chance to really watch or keep up with the W this summer

Supposedly,minny offered a package deal to Chicago that included mccarville,so she decided to take the season off.Some say Reeve wanted her to lose more weight,but I'm not buying it.

SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 08/28/15 8:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FollowtheCardinalRule wrote:
bryan_february_ wrote:
Something is wrong with my Lynx. I don't know what though. Maybe that just need Seimone.

Or they need Wiggy and Wright back, to supplement their starters.

At this rate, Lynx reject, Sugar Rodgers, is going to lead her team to more titles since being traded than Maya Moore. Smile

Genero36

PostPosted: 08/28/15 8:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Charles - 18 Points (9-20), 11 Rebounds, 3 Assists & 2 Steals

Shades

PostPosted: 08/28/15 8:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

They actually started to play better with Whalen and Brunson on the bench. Better ball movement and spacing.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
PhoenixxLily
I Voted

Location: South Carolina, United States, North America, Earth

PostPosted: 08/28/15 8:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
PhoenixxLily wrote:

where is McCarville? is just dawned on me that she's not playing... i'm so out of the loop. haven't had the chance to really watch or keep up with the W this summer

Supposedly,minny offered a package deal to Chicago that included mccarville,so she decided to take the season off.Some say Reeve wanted her to lose more weight,but I'm not buying it.

ohhh ok. i suppose she really didn't want to play in chicago then. and i'm having a hard time imagining pokey knowing how to utilize her anyway

PUmatty

PostPosted: 08/28/15 8:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
If the Lynx lose this game they will be 7-6 since they got Fowles.

Probably more tellingly, they are 8-7 since they lost Augustus. I'll say it again - she might be the most under-appreciated player in league history.

NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 08/28/15 9:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It's ridiculous how much easier it is to defend Minnesota without Augustus. Especially if none of the posts hit shots and Cruz doesn't try to score. That means you defend Moore all over the court, Whalen inside the 3 point line and Fowles within 8-10 feet. And that's it. It was a good game plan I thought by the Lynx. They back doored the Libs aggressive D several times successfully. Brunson and Jones have both been reliable midrange jump shooters in the past. Now they aren't. Tonight they were 2-13 largely shooting open shots. As a coach there isn't much more you can do, I don't think.

PostPosted: 08/28/15 9:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
tfan wrote:
If the Lynx lose this game they will be 7-6 since they got Fowles.

Probably more tellingly, they are 8-7 since they lost Augustus. I'll say it again - she might be the most under-appreciated player in league history.

I don't think she is all that underappreciated. I think the small minority who underappreciate her are particularly prolific with expressing their opinions.

PostPosted: 08/28/15 9:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I believe the Australian phrase, sometimes used in England as well, is "you fucking beauty!"

My team, my team, my wonderful communicative clutch team.

Minnesota looks dysfunctional. We know Reeve doesn't trust her reserves, but I'm not sure that she and the starters don't have trust issues either.

PostPosted: 08/28/15 9:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Also, these refs can fuck the fuck off. That foul differential was obscene. Lots of ticky-tack fouls, especially in the second quarter.

PostPosted: 08/28/15 10:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
Also, these refs can fuck the fuck off. That foul differential was obscene. Lots of ticky-tack fouls, especially in the second quarter.

maybe you should rewatch the game.. those were actual fouls your team committed.

Very Happy
peace

NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 08/28/15 10:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think it's more the calls NY doesn't get comparatively speaking at times. Particularly when opponents got to the line more than us for 16 straight years. Literally. Had to hear we don't go to the basket enough for years. Now we dominate the paint and get to watch teams go to the line twice as much as us shooting jumpers. Especially the couple where there was barely if any contact on Maya, with benefit of viewing replays on the monitor.

PostPosted: 08/28/15 10:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Should I eveb watch this game lynx fans......

Queenie

PostPosted: 08/28/15 11:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jlight wrote:
Queenie wrote:

maybe you should rewatch the game.. those were actual fouls your team committed.

Very Happy
peace

Yeah... no. Look, I'm not saying that we didn't commit fouls. But there were a lot of ticky-tack calls, especially in the second quarter, where the differential was something like 8-3, and the officiating was inconsistent. If you're going to call a foul for minimal or phantom contact by Essence Carson against Maya Moore, call the foul when there's more contact by two Lynx on Kiah Stokes.

PostPosted: 08/28/15 11:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Congrats New York on making the playoffs Cool

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 08/28/15 11:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
I believe the Australian phrase, sometimes used in England as well, is "you fucking beauty!"

"You fuckin' beauty!" gives a more accurate sense of the standard pronunciation, but either way works. "You bloody ripper!" is also acceptable.
It's a pity Bec Allen isn't there to give this guidance.

Last edited by Luuuc on 08/28/15 11:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
bryan_february_

PostPosted: 08/28/15 11:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

kojthiabkuv wrote:
Should I eveb watch this game lynx fans......

Nah.

PostPosted: 08/29/15 12:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cool Cool Cool

PostPosted: 08/29/15 1:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
It's ridiculous how much easier it is to defend Minnesota without Augustus. Especially if none of the posts hit shots and Cruz doesn't try to score. That means you defend Moore all over the court, Whalen inside the 3 point line and Fowles within 8-10 feet. And that's it. It was a good game plan I thought by the Lynx. They back doored the Libs aggressive D several times successfully. Brunson and Jones have both been reliable midrange jump shooters in the past. Now they aren't. Tonight they were 2-13 largely shooting open shots. As a coach there isn't much more you can do, I don't think.

I think they miss McCarville's ability to facilitate from the post. the combination of her and Whalen spread the court and gave many more easy looks.

Skol Vikings
State of Hockey
Los Lynx
NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 08/29/15 1:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Retav8or wrote:
NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:

I think they miss McCarville's ability to facilitate from the post. the combination of her and Whalen spread the court and gave many more easy looks.

No doubt. I've said the same thing on here and to one of my friends a few times. Losing the best passing post in the league...and one who had a reliable mid-range shot...was a big loss for this type of team.

PostPosted: 08/29/15 1:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Crispino's been calling games for quite some time now. Yet he can't pronounce Fowles? Wow.

PostPosted: 08/29/15 11:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

as much of a fowles fan i am gonna bite the bullet and finally admit her addition mid season is bad for the lynx, the chemistry just isn't there, also i never really noticed how much maya jacks up shots

PostPosted: 08/29/15 1:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

minnesotas not my team, so i don't know for sure... but i think maya 'jacking up' shots is a byproduct of seimone being out.

SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 08/29/15 1:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

wnbashockballa wrote:
as much of a fowles fan i am gonna bite the bullet and finally admit her addition mid season is bad for the lynx, the chemistry just isn't there, also i never really noticed how much maya jacks up shots

The Lynx stunk chemistry-wise just as much before the trade, IMO.

Shades

PostPosted: 08/29/15 1:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:
wnbashockballa wrote:

The Lynx stunk chemistry-wise just as much before the trade, IMO.

How do you account for the drop in winning percentage?

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: