RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Two Words For the Draft: TAN WHITE!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dtsnms

PostPosted: 02/04/05 9:30 am    ::: Two Words For the Draft: TAN WHITE! Reply Reply with quote

In what may have been the best game I've seen all year, Tan put on the best performance I've seen in several years.

47 POINTS! If she had some more help; they blew an end of regulation lead and lost the game.

I'm telling you folks, I saw Cappie live last night in Hartford, and then came home and watched Tan. What a natural talent difference! I have never seen White before last night, she is so smooth both inside and outside.

She will be a star in the WNBA.

Keegan

PostPosted: 02/04/05 9:35 am    ::: Re: Two Words For the Draft: TAN WHITE! Reply Reply with quote

Well she just went up in my mock draft Laughing Positional confusion is a valid concern but I know Van is keen on her and this may solidify the pick.

As for Cappie, I blame CVS' offensive coaching (heh, that could have a double meaning) or more to the point, the lack of it.
dtsnms

PostPosted: 02/04/05 9:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
As for Cappie, I blame CVS' offensive coaching (heh, that could have a double meaning) or more to the point, the lack of it

You're probably right, but here's my question then. How high do you take someone on assumed potential? Does she go Top 5 because of a coach's "arrogance" that they can get the most of the player, unlike the college coach? Interesting....

dtsnms

PostPosted: 02/04/05 9:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tan's stat lines from last night:

44 minutes
15-23 from the floor
5-9 from 3 point
12-16 from the line
9 rebounds (all defensive) - led the team, next highest had 5
47 points - led the team, next highest 22
4 assists
5 steals
1 block
4 TO's

Keegan

PostPosted: 02/04/05 9:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Depends what you mean by "assumed potential". I think Cappie's shown enough in the past to warrant a high pick and when she wasn't under CVS (Young Women's World Championship Team of 2003), she flourished.

I've seen Tan play a couple of times and I love her game. I'm just not sure how it would translate to the WNBA. I think she'll have to be a point guard but that could be a tough adjustment.
CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 02/04/05 1:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Van Chancellor will take Tan White, a shooting guard, try to turn her into a point, and have the whole thing backfire. Just a guess...

FREEDOM4CHRISTON

PostPosted: 02/04/05 2:33 pm    ::: the only person that can stop cappie...is cvs Reply Reply with quote

c. vivian stringer is a great coach...she has one of the greatest defensive coaching minds in the game. i have been following her teams since her tenure at iowa. so, i know that everything positive i can say about her defensive coaching style...i can say something negative about her offensive schemes. cvs' offensive schemes are just that...offensive.

whenever someone brings up cappie's game....her talent level compared to other college players. i always have to bring up cvs and her coaching philosophy. cappie is a star in a system, where stars aren't allowed to shine. at rutgers, it's not about individual play, it's about the team, about the system. it's about the defense winning games. it's never about the offense...it's all about defense.

cappie pondexter is a great talent...so is tan white. i just want to say don't be fooled...there is a huge gap in the natural talent. only thing is, cappie's natural talent is being held down.

the only person that could hold down mj...was dean smith

the person that is holding down cappie...is cvs

cappie will be a star in the wnba

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: