RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Errors on the "improved" wnba.com
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pilight

PostPosted: 06/18/15 12:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

On the players page you can search for players by school. If you search Tennessee the results include Alysha Clark and Cheyenne Parker, who went to Middle Tennessee State. Same thing with schools that have State or Tech after the state name. If you search Arizona the results include Arizona State grad Briann January.

PostPosted: 06/18/15 1:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
It's an absolute fucking nonsense that a week into the regular season they could massively improve their website(s) by simply reverting to their old one. It's an absolute joke.

Again, it is like they are actively trying to get worse at things.

pilight

PostPosted: 06/22/15 5:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The .com is reporting that Courtney Clements signed with the Sparks today, but she apparently played in their game yesterday.

PostPosted: 06/23/15 11:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I just googled Alana Beard. This was the address for her WNBA.com player page that came up:

http://www.wnba.com/player/abby-bishop/alana_beard/

Anyone notice a problem?

pilight

PostPosted: 06/24/15 2:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

When you click OT1 for play-by-play in an overtime game, the PBP for the first quarter comes up instead of the PBP for the OT.

PostPosted: 06/24/15 2:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
When you click OT1 for play-by-play in an overtime game, the PBP for the first quarter comes up instead of the PBP for the OT.

I just noticed that too. Jessh!

pilight

PostPosted: 07/05/15 6:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

When you look at team player stats, there are no totals and players who get waived are not listed. Nadia Colhado's stats are not on the Dream team stats page, for example.

PostPosted: 07/12/15 9:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Call this an error in focus. On WNBA.com today the top pictured article is Tulsa's win over LA last night. The next 3 articles are all about Becky Hammon as are the three listed videos.

And Laurel Richie wonders why the WNBA doesn't get enough mainstream coverage.

PUmatty

PostPosted: 07/12/15 11:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

calbearman76 wrote:
Call this an error in focus. On WNBA.com today the top pictured article is Tulsa's win over LA last night. The next 3 articles are all about Becky Hammon as are the three listed videos.

When your own Web site sends a very clear message that another league is more important that yours is, why should you be surprised when the media do the same thing?

Shades

PostPosted: 07/12/15 11:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
calbearman76 wrote:

When your own Web site sends a very clear message that another league is more important that yours is, why should you be surprised when the media do the same thing?

I don't have a problem with it because Hammon is an against the odds (undrafted, ignored by Team USA) success story for the WNBA.

These stories are likely to draw the attention of people who are interested in the NBA, which is a demographic that the WNBA needs or wants to tap into. Makes sense to me.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
PUmatty

PostPosted: 07/12/15 11:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
calbearman76 wrote:

I don't have a problem with it because Hammon is an against the odds (undrafted, ignored by Team USA) success story for the WNBA.

These stories are likely to draw the attention of people who are interested in the NBA, which is a demographic that the WNBA needs or wants to tap into. Makes sense to me.

A story seems fine. Six of the top seven stories? WTF?

PUmatty

PostPosted: 07/12/15 12:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
Shades wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
calbearman76 wrote:

A story seems fine. Six of the top seven stories? WTF?

Hammon is currently the top three stories on the site. When I open it on my computer, the only three headlines that I can see have to do with a retired player in a different league. There isn't a single headline about current players or current games that can be seen without scrolling.

pilight

PostPosted: 07/13/15 8:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

There is no way to see team opposition stats. What FG% are the Lynx allowing? No way to tell on wnba.com.

PostPosted: 07/13/15 7:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
There is no way to see team opposition stats. What FG% are the Lynx allowing? No way to tell on wnba.com.

I noticed this as well. They used to have a simple chart that showed both offensive and defensive stats by team. It was simple and informative -- so it had to go.

pilight

PostPosted: 07/22/15 10:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

http://www.wnba.com/player/crystal-bradford/

Crystal Bradford's name is cierra_burdick

PostPosted: 07/22/15 11:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I have noticed that when I log on during the afternoon, the front page often lists the game time for games happening later that night as "Yesterday". Laughing

PostPosted: 07/23/15 12:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SAS team stats still show Danielle Adams with all zeros:

PostPosted: 07/23/15 12:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I will say one nice thing about the new site -- they update the stats and standings pretty quickly after a game ends. Nice to see the current numbers so fast.

PostPosted: 07/23/15 7:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
I will say one nice thing about the new site -- they update the stats and standings pretty quickly after a game ends. Nice to see the current numbers so fast.

'
If you can get to them that is. Rolling Eyes
On a couple of my mobile devices the banner at the top that allows you to get to stats and stuff just never appears. I told Laurel Richie that Yahoo was getting all the clicks I used to give to WNBA.com. Sometimes simple is best.

PostPosted: 07/23/15 7:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

caune wrote:
On a couple of my mobile devices the banner at the top that allows you to get to stats and stuff just never appears.

If you don't see the banner there should be an icon in the top left corner of the screen. It is three short horizontal lines. If you click that it should give you a page with links to all the banner stuff.

PostPosted: 07/28/15 9:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
When you look at team player stats, there are no totals and players who get waived are not listed. Nadia Colhado's stats are not on the Dream team stats page, for example.

This also applies to players who are traded. Erika Desouza's stats no longer appear on the Dream stats page.

PostPosted: 08/03/15 1:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

so has anyone figured out what a "techical" foul is? Because they're on all the box scores.

(now with spelling variations)
pilight

PostPosted: 08/09/15 11:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Time to give the new wnba.com a little credit. They have posted the qualifications for league leaders, something they never did on the old site.

http://www.wnba.com/qualifications-for-league-wnba-com-stats/

PostPosted: 08/09/15 1:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The league's twitter account is embarrassing. The way they constantly retweet messages from team accounts about the status of games, but do it five, ten, or twenty minutes after the fact, just makes them look ridiculous. It means they're posting messages about the game that are completely irrelevant because it's live action - the game has moved on. They'd be better off not doing it at all than retweeting them too late to make any sense.

PostPosted: 08/12/15 4:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Remember the playoff picture site?

http://www.wnba.com/statistics/playoff_picture.html

It didn't get ported over to the new site and it's not being kept up on origin.wnba.com

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: