RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Can Maya Moore Get Even Better?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jlight

PostPosted: 05/20/15 3:58 pm    ::: Can Maya Moore Get Even Better? Reply Reply with quote

http://www.wnba.com/news/can-maya-moore-get-even-better/

Code:
“With Maya,” Lynx guard Monica Wright said. “It’s just interesting because we’ve been playing against each other for so long, and just to see her come from where we were in high school to be this one of the top players – in my opinion – arguably the top player in the world, it’s just been a great thing to watch.”

mavcarter
#NATC

PostPosted: 05/20/15 4:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

In regards to the question I'd say no, because she's already that damn good..

PostPosted: 05/20/15 6:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:
In regards to the question I'd say no, because she's already that damn good..

I haven't read the article although she often gets lost on defense, leaves shooters, gets beat back door, etc.

On offense not so much as she is elite, although there is upside for her to become an elite player on defense.

PostPosted: 05/20/15 8:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

She is a great player, but she can get better in different parts of her game. She can become a better ball handler, a better rebounder, a better post player, a better passer, a better on ball defender, a better off ball defender among other things. But with a player like Maya Moore it's not really like you will see improvement in leaps and bounds because she is already such a great player, you may see improvements in certain areas from year to year, like rebounding position this year, ball handling next year, posting up the year after that, 3 point shot the following year and so on. She certain isn't going to see enough improvements to be in contention for the Most Improved Award, but she certainly has room to improve.

And that is not a knock on Maya Moore, she is already a great player, but she is not a perfect player and if you are not perfect that means there is room to get better.

myrtle

PostPosted: 05/20/15 11:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ANd she's not really yet in her prime prime. And she works really hard. So yes, I expect her to get better.

- Amanda Gorman
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: