RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

The WNBA has nothing on the WNBL finals!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Keegan

PostPosted: 02/04/05 7:57 am    ::: The WNBA has nothing on the WNBL finals! Reply Reply with quote

Tonight, I was in attendance at the Sydney vs Adelaide elimination final and it has to be the most remarkable game I have ever seen. The final result was a 94-93 overtime win to Sydney. A good recap is here but the gist of it is, Sydney led for most of the game but Adelaide clawed their way back in the second half and it was 77-all at the end of regulation. Both teams had blistering overtime performances (17 and 16 points in a 5 minute period after regulation - great effort) but neither of them managed to lead by more than 3 throughout the period. In the end, Trish Fallon was fouled on a layup with 0.8 seconds to go and the score at 93-all. Fallon clanked the first free throw but calmly swished the second. Adelaide tried a desperation heave to get the ball upcourt but failed and the crowd went ballistic as the buzzer sounded.

The boxscore is here. Belinda Snell, Adelaide point guard Erin Phillips and Trish Fallon all have amazing stat lines. Any WNBA team looking for a young point guard with potential should give Erin Phillips a look. She *will* be a future starting Opals guard and she has a great combination of athleticism, strength, skill and tenacity.

Apparently Anne Donovan and Mike Thibault were at the game. I can't verify with sightings because I was too engrossed in the game!

Dandenong and Bulleen play tomorrow to decide who will host the grand final and the loser will host Sydney next week for the right to play the winner in the grand final. This is a tough act to follow but who knows...
Rachel_1511

PostPosted: 02/04/05 7:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Another good report is here

Erin Phillips is awesome. Easy to forgot she is so young! (turning 20 this year). She will go well at the Commonwealth Games in '06 & then hopefully the WNBA (or Europe first perhaps). Fantastic elevation really gets her up there, which is not bad for someone who's 5-8!

Can't say I sighted Anne Donovan either, I wonder if she was even there?, maybe not, coz unless she was hiding away, it's pretty hard to miss someone of her height! Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: