RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Frozen Four 2015.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Other Women's Sports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Richard 77

PostPosted: 03/20/15 7:59 pm    ::: Frozen Four 2015. Reply Reply with quote

Dang, Minnesota defeats Wisconsin 3-1. Badgers score their only goal in the first period. Another great season of Wisconsin Hockey comes to a close.

If you cannot inspire yourself to read a book about women's basketball, or any book about women's sports, you cannot inspire any young girl or boy to write a book about them. http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Richardstrek
justintyme

PostPosted: 03/21/15 10:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It was a great game. Wisconsin played the better hockey for a good chunk of it. In the end, though, Hannah Brandt and Mandy Leveille made all the difference.

Gophers headed to the Championship for the fourth year in a row. Imagine if Amanda Kessel--one of the best women's hockey players in the world--hadn't been forced to miss the season due to injury. Though that does mean she has another year of eligibility left.

With the young talent on the Badgers, I'd say it is very possible next year's Championship is a rematch between these two teams.

PostPosted: 03/21/15 4:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't follow women's hockey that much but the other semi-final featured Boston College vs. Harvard.

I was hoping for the BC women to win, but they lost 2-1 to the Crimson. And since Harvard is a Massachusetts school, I'll be pulling for them to capture the championship tomorrow.
justintyme

PostPosted: 03/23/15 3:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

And Minnesota wins 4-1. This is their 6th national championship, and their 3rd in the last 4 years (they have made the finals 4 straight times).

To reward his players, Coach Frost decided to import a basketball tradition:

This is the first time weve cut the net, Frost said. I dont know if anybody has done it, but I was like, Lets start a tradition and see if it goes viral.

Minnesota is only graduating 4 players, keeping most of their core intact. I am unsure if Olympian Amanda Kessel, who sat out this year due to injury, plans to return for her final year of eligibility, but Patty Kazmaier Award runner-up and the Frozen Four's Most-Outstanding Player winner Hannah Brandt will be back. Also joining the team is Minnesota's 2015 Ms. Hockey winner, Taylor Williamson, out of Edina High School.

So, winning #7 next year remains a very good possibility (and if Kessel does return, they will be very heavy favorites to do so).

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: