RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Someone sign Sammy P
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LosLynxAngeles

PostPosted: 02/21/15 2:42 pm    ::: Someone sign Sammy P Reply Reply with quote

Can someone give Sammy Prahalis another chance? she is a fan favorite and a very fun player to watch. I am still confused on how she isn't in the league but some of these other Point guards are. NY maybe?

Queenie

PostPosted: 02/21/15 3:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Been there, done that, got the warm-up jacket. She's not a Laimbeer-style guard, and she's not batshit insane enough to qualify under the Elaine Powell exception.

PostPosted: 02/21/15 4:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

it seems like most teams are solid at PG this season except for Atlanta. Plus there's three good PG in this year's draft: Boyd, Logic & Orange. I doubt Prahalis finds her way onto a roster this season.

Atlanta: Dumerc?? & Thomas
Chicago: Vandersloot & Faulkner
Connecticut: Bentley & Gray
Indiana: January & Carter
Los Angeles: Phillips & Toliver
Minnesota: Whalen & McKenith
New York: Cruz & Lacy
Phoenix: Mitchell, James & Bias
San Antonio: Robinson & Whyte
Seattle: Bird, Johnson & Montgomery
Tulsa: Sims, Diggins & Goodrich
Washington: Latta & Hartley

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
AAOK423

PostPosted: 02/21/15 5:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
it seems like most teams are solid at PG this season except for Atlanta. Plus there's three good PG in this year's draft: Boyd, Logic & Orange. I doubt Prahalis finds her way onto a roster this season.

You don't think Cooper will have Schimmel at PG again? The 3 point guard rotation didn't really work in Atlanta's favor last season so I doubt adding a fourth possible option at that position would do any good. Even if Dumerc doesn't come back they still have Shoni and Thomas.

pilight

PostPosted: 02/21/15 6:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

She couldn't beat out Jasmine Thomas a year ago. What makes anyone think she can now?

PostPosted: 02/21/15 6:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
She couldn't beat out Jasmine Thomas a year ago. What makes anyone think she can now?

You really couldn't remember that her quads were injured/sore, and you yourself thought she played well in preseason?

I dunno though.....Jet hasn't been boasting about her overseas numbers, so if he's given up, everybody should probably give up (except Sammy).

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
pilight

PostPosted: 02/21/15 6:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
pilight wrote:

You really couldn't remember that her quads were injured/sore, and you yourself thought she played well in preseason?

She played OK. Not as well as Thomas, but not bad. She could have been our 11t or 12th player without making much difference.

PostPosted: 02/21/15 7:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cooper seems to be the only one that thinks Shoni is a PG. Of course, he's the onlyt one that matters.

BtW - Dumerc is no longer listed as a reserved played on dotcom so I think maybe they corrected a mistake there. It suggests maybe she will be back, but after the Euro tournament. So we may be back to our PG by committee approach that didn't work last season.

Shades

PostPosted: 02/21/15 7:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Cooper seems to be the only one that thinks Shoni is a PG.

I'll take her as a PG on my team.

Randy

PostPosted: 02/21/15 7:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I wasn't including you, or me for that matter since I was trying to avoid starting an argument.

LosLynxAngeles

PostPosted: 02/21/15 8:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

making shoni pulls a sammy in 2015? I don't wish it on her but from what I saw during the all star game she is still shot crazy, very confident and out of shape. Not great features for a point guard.

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 02/21/15 11:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I like Sammy P in Atlanta. I also think it would be interesting if she got a camp invite to SA or Tulsa but I don't really see either of those things happening. Indy could also be an interesting landing spot but again seems less likely, so Atlanta. Oh yeah Minnesota could work she would have to beat out McKenith or the #11 pick, and with Whalen to mentor her she could be awesome, OK Minnesota then Atlanta.

Also I like Shcimmel and Thomas together off the bench in Atlanta's 2nd unit. I think they're a good match on the court and can share both point and 2 guard responsibilities.

If Atlanta doesn't like any of their starting options at PG I think they should try and swing a trade with Seattle for TJ, I wouldn't be surprised if Thomas or the #10 pick could get it done.

blaase22

PostPosted: 02/22/15 2:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

No thanks to Prahalis. I'd prefer the Lynx draft and keep Logic.

Randy

PostPosted: 02/22/15 8:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
I like Sammy P in Atlanta. I also think it would be interesting if she got a camp invite to SA or Tulsa but I don't really see either of those things happening. Indy could also be an interesting landing spot but again seems less likely, so Atlanta. Oh yeah Minnesota could work she would have to beat out McKenith or the #11 pick, and with Whalen to mentor her she could be awesome, OK Minnesota then Atlanta.

Also I like Shcimmel and Thomas together off the bench in Atlanta's 2nd unit. I think they're a good match on the court and can share both point and 2 guard responsibilities.

If Atlanta doesn't like any of their starting options at PG I think they should try and swing a trade with Seattle for TJ, I wouldn't be surprised if Thomas or the #10 pick could get it done.

Shoni and Jsamine off the bench might be ok, except then we would either have to start Dumerc, or play with 4 players. Dumerc ougth come off the bench behind Shoni and Jasmine, I'm afraid. I'm thinking see if Harding is available and hope last year was just an off year for her.

LosLynxAngeles

PostPosted: 02/22/15 9:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Is Dumerc for sure coming back? and couldn't shoni just come off the bench to backup tiffany

Jet Jaguar

PostPosted: 02/22/15 12:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
pilight wrote:

I dunno though.....Jet hasn't been boasting about her overseas numbers, so if he's given up, everybody should probably give up (except Sammy).

I've FAAAAAAR from given up on Sammy P. You just don't give up on a player with her kind of talent that works as hard as she does at her game.

PostPosted: 02/22/15 1:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:

This is actually a pretty funny post. Is this list supposed to suggest that every team (but Atlanta) is SOLID at the point guard position? Bias, Goodrich, Whyte, Carter(Laughing), James, McKennith... yep those are about as solid of point guards as you'll find anywhere; no possible upgrade for any of those Rolling Eyes. Sammy Prahalis could be a starter on at least 4 of these teams and there isn't a backup on this list she isn't better than. And you can include the weak 2015 draft class in that too.

PostPosted: 02/22/15 1:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
Been there, done that

This. She's most likely done. You don't go from being a starter on a team to getting waived due to undisclosed reasons and automatically revive your career after doing a couple of training camps and seven days. Nicky Anosike is learning this the hard way..

PostPosted: 02/22/15 2:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:
You don't go from being a starter on a team to getting waived due to undisclosed reasons and automatically revive your career after doing a couple of training camps and seven days.

I guess Sammy will be the first then Smile

(and she's only done one TC since PHX BTW)

PostPosted: 02/22/15 2:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:
Queenie wrote:
Been there, done that

This. She's most likely done. You don't go from being a starter on a team to getting waived due to undisclosed reasons and automatically revive your career after doing a couple of training camps and seven days. Nicky Anosike is learning this the hard way..

Anosike was an All-Star in her second year. Latta is a better example.

Oops....

toad455

PostPosted: 02/22/15 3:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jet Jaguar wrote:
toad455 wrote:

This is actually a pretty funny post. Is this list supposed to suggest that every team (but Atlanta) is SOLID at the point guard position? Bias, Goodrich, Whyte, Carter(Laughing), James, McKennith... yep those are about as solid of point guards as you'll find anywhere; no possible upgrade for any of those Rolling Eyes. Sammy Prahalis could be a starter on at least 4 of these teams and there isn't a backup on this list she isn't better than. And you can include the weak 2015 draft class in that too.

seriously??? Prahalis is not better than any potential starting PG for 2015. Not even close. Get a clue, if Prahalis was any good, she would have stuck on someone's roster by now. But instead she's been dumped by Phoenix, Atlanta, New York & Los Angeles already. I think she'll be lucky to end up on someone's training camp roster this season. And the likes of Boyd, Logic & Orange can replace those on your list.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
mavcarter
#NATC

PostPosted: 02/22/15 3:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
mavcarter wrote:
Queenie wrote:
Been there, done that

Anosike was an All-Star in her second year. Latta is a better example.

Oops....

It's all relative. Anosike burned a bridge in Minnesota, Prahalis burned one in Phoenix, Latta didn't burn anything in Atlanta which is the only team she's been waived from, but was brought back a month later so there's no relation..

PostPosted: 02/22/15 4:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Get a clue, if Prahalis was any good, she would have stuck on someone's roster by now

I'm going to apply this quote to someone else:

ca. 2011: "if Quigley was any good, she would have stuck on someone's roster by now".
Well it's a good thing there was a coach around like Chatman who actually believed in her.

And Kelly Faris isn't even good enough to stick on a WNBL roster, yet has been on a WNBA roster for 2 full years now...but she's good enough. Yeah, WNBA teams ALWAYS pick the best players...right Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: 02/22/15 6:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jet Jaguar wrote:
toad455 wrote:
Get a clue, if Prahalis was any good, she would have stuck on someone's roster by now

I'm going to apply this quote to someone else:

ca. 2011: "if Quigley was any good, she would have stuck on someone's roster by now".
Well it's a good thing there was a coach around like Chatman who actually believed in her.

And Kelly Faris isn't even good enough to stick on a WNBL roster, yet has been on a WNBA roster for 2 full years now...but she's good enough. Yeah, WNBA teams ALWAYS pick the best players...right Rolling Eyes

Yeah, like Kelly Faris is on the Sun's roster because of her basketball talent. Rolling Eyes I don't necessarily like agreeing with you, but yeah.

On the other hand, that's one team. Prahalis has now had at least a cup of coffee with a third of the league.

PostPosted: 02/22/15 7:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LosLynxAngeles wrote:
Is Dumerc for sure coming back? and couldn't shoni just come off the bench to backup tiffany

Not clear where it stands with Dumerc, but I'm guessing she does not show up intil after the Euro Tournament - maybe late June? As for Shoni backing up Tiffany - that would leave us with one (of two) players on the floor at all times who can't shoot. Makes it a 4 on 5 game.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: