RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Detroit and Minny have made offers to Janeth
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BCBG25

PostPosted: 02/02/05 6:04 pm    ::: Detroit and Minny have made offers to Janeth Reply Reply with quote

That's what her agent says. Kevin Cook arrived on Sunday and even participated in a girls basketball camp at Janeth's club. Houston is the preferred destination, but Janeth says she's entertaining the other offers.
Interesting...

PostPosted: 02/02/05 6:11 pm    ::: Re: Detroit and Minny have made offers to Janeth Reply Reply with quote

Minny is a great fit.

Detroit? Are they planning to play her at the point? Where does she fit there?

That could mean they're thinking of dumping Lake. I believe Lake was earning the max there last year. Maybe Lake is retiring? Who knows...
BCBG25

PostPosted: 02/02/05 6:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I also think Minny is a great fit, she could be a solid 3 there. But she's so attached to the Comets, I doubt she will leave the team.

PostPosted: 02/02/05 6:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I have to agree it's unlikely she'll leave the Comets. Still, the Comets look to have acquired a case of "sinking ship" syndrome and another shot at glory (which she could get at either Minny or Detroit) could be enticing. I'd love to see her in Seattle (salary cap issues aside...)
Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 02/02/05 6:43 pm    ::: Re: Detroit and Minny have made offers to Janeth Reply Reply with quote

I wonder if Kevin bought a couple of computers too while he was there Wink

Makes sense for both teams... Detroit wants a backup 2/3 and have the cap room to pay the max for just a backup, and Minny wants a starting 2/3 in case they lose/trade RFA SF Svet. That said, I can't imagine Janeth going anywhere but Houston so the GMs are probably wasting their time. DET and MINN's GMs just must be bored Razz Maybe that says something about their offseason plans...

therese_defarge

PostPosted: 02/02/05 7:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Waste of time eh? On the one hand the Vomits, one of the worst teams in 2004, aging fast, probably losing Swoopes, and coached by a senile dinasaur. On the other hand, the Lynx who made the playoffs without Katie, exciting young posts who will be the best in the WNBA in 2005 and the best player in the W, Katie Smith. If Janeth goes to Minnesota you can hand out the rings now.

PostPosted: 02/02/05 7:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

therese_defarge wrote:
Waste of time eh? On the one hand the Vomits, one of the worst teams in 2004, aging fast, probably losing Swoopes, and coached by a senile dinasaur. On the other hand, the Lynx who made the playoffs without Katie, exciting young posts who will be the best in the WNBA in 2005 and the best player in the W, Katie Smith. If Janeth goes to Minnesota you can hand out the rings now.

Firstly, they need a point guard better than Helen Darling.
BCBG25

PostPosted: 02/02/05 7:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think she could be the missing piece on a lot of teams that are a player away from a championship run and Minny could be one of those teams, but they also need a PG. I think a good fit would be Sacramento, if they hold on to DeMya. If she were going to Seattle, they'd be rather dominant. I hope she gets away from Wasteland and goes to a real contender, but home is where the heart is...

PostPosted: 02/02/05 7:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

[quote="Keegan"]
therese_defarge wrote:
Firstly, they need a point guard better than Helen Darling.

HD was OK in 2003. Janeth can play the point if required. Christie Harrower is probably coming back this year. There are lots of point guards in the draft. Get your money on Minnie before the price shortens.

PostPosted: 02/02/05 7:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If Janeth going to Minny? Why doesn't she just buy herself a ring and save the trouble? lol Idea She'll be splitting minutes across 3 positions.. And loyalty works both ways... Doesn't look like the MINN and DET guys went down to Carnival and helped out in Janeth's camps... Confused And when she retires, she should expect even less from those front offices.

To have Janeth in SAC would be great. Would be a perfect fit and I still have yet to meet her CoolRazz

Keegan

PostPosted: 02/02/05 7:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

therese_defarge wrote:

HD was OK in 2003. Janeth can play the point if required. Christie Harrower is probably coming back this year. There are lots of point guards in the draft. Get your money on Minnie before the price shortens.

Helen was adequate but at the moment, she's not a starting guard. Kristi is not a sure thing to return but definitely an upgrade if she does.

Janeth at the point only works if you have Cynthia Cooper at the 2 and Sheryl Swoopes at the 3.
pilight

PostPosted: 02/02/05 9:58 pm    ::: Re: Detroit and Minny have made offers to Janeth Reply Reply with quote

Keegan wrote:
Minny is a great fit.

Detroit? Are they planning to play her at the point? Where does she fit there?

That could mean they're thinking of dumping Lake. I believe Lake was earning the max there last year. Maybe Lake is retiring? Who knows...

Lake Jones is a UFA. She may think she can get more minutes or money elsewhere. I'd take Janeth over her anyway.

Detroit would use Janeth much like Houston did in 1999 and 2000, as a Super-Sub that can fill in for nearly anyone. I think that's a great fit for her.

Minnie, I dunno. What would she do there? I can't see her starting, and the Lynx bench was a major strength already. Maybe Teresa Edwards is about to retire.

PostPosted: 02/02/05 11:45 pm    ::: Re: Detroit and Minny have made offers to Janeth Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Minnie, I dunno. What would she do there? I can't see her starting, and the Lynx bench was a major strength already. Maybe Teresa Edwards is about to retire.

If she can play the point I can see her starting. (See upthread re: dissatisfaction with Darling.) And yeah, Teresa could certainly retire, as you know. T could also take herself out of the starting lineup but return anyway, since in a lot of ways she's an assistant coach for this very young team, and would continue to make them better even with limited actual playing time.

4ever_bball_fan

PostPosted: 02/03/05 10:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Arcain is class from top to toe. Veterans would love to play with her and the youngsters would get an opportunity to learn from a Four-time WNBA Champion.

I don't see her in either Minn or Detroit because her natural position is the two...Smith and Nolan kinda have those spots sewn up. Janeth can play at the one, but it is not her forte. She is a great 2/3 player and any team that lands her will have won a great prize...she is worth every penny.

I have to say that there were many, many times last year at the Toyota Center that I kept looking for Number 9 to come in and save the day. I even missed the Brazilian contengent and their beautiful flag. Needless to say, it would be an awsome sight to one day see Arcain's jersey retired up in the rafters with Perrot's and Cooper's. Getting her back to Houston is perhaps a bigger priority than who the Comets will take with the number five draft pick...Tina needs the help.

SFO

PostPosted: 02/03/05 10:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WELL!!!! Where does all this speculation come from?

dtsnms

PostPosted: 02/03/05 11:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WELL!!!! Where does all this speculation come from?

Wishful thinking?

BCBG25

PostPosted: 02/03/05 11:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well, well, well, look who's here...we missed you, SFO.
Ask her agent, she's "spreading" the news. It doesn't really matter.
She's signing with the Comets anyway because of their Omar Minaya approach to it.

PostPosted: 02/03/05 12:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hey SFO nice to hear from you again! Is there a coincidence that you show up around the same time that the commish is retiring and not looking over your shoulder?

SFO

PostPosted: 02/03/05 12:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

No, the league actually thought highly about me posting.

Slovydal

PostPosted: 02/03/05 12:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nice to hear from you SFO!

I'll be sure to get up to Detroit for a game this year.

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 02/03/05 12:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SFO wrote:
No, the league actually thought highly about me posting.

Not just you...Keegan and Pilight as well!!!

mb

PostPosted: 02/03/05 5:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Welcome back SFO!

herrade

PostPosted: 02/03/05 11:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BCBG25 wrote:
Well, well, well, look who's here...we missed you, SFO.

mel, not you too?!?

BCBG25

PostPosted: 02/04/05 12:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm just trying to get him to coach the Knicks Wink
To dredge up Michael "Sugar" Ray Richardson's refrain about the 1981-82 Knicks, "The ship be sinking"...
On the other side, I'm interested in knowing why he doesn't want to say if he's made an offer to Janeth...

PostPosted: 02/04/05 1:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If there's anyone here who wasn't on the (old) ESPN board, that person may think SFO hails from San Francisco (or represents the airport industry).

I hope lynxfrontoffice joins us here soon too.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: