RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Scoop J sounds off on Phil Jackson

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thatGAgirl

PostPosted: 11/01/05 3:24 pm    ::: Scoop J sounds off on Phil Jackson Reply Reply with quote

Whoa.

Quote:
Phil Jackson spit on an entire culture -- twice -- and got away with it. Never got called on it, never got called out. He just went on his upper-ruling class way and watched the world worship the "sacred" ground he walked on.

Certainly echoes some sentiments expressed here. I was amazed as well that his (Phil's) comments were not more widely critisized.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=jackson/051101

- Diana Taurasi
YOOOOOOOOOO-Bekka

PostPosted: 11/01/05 4:31 pm    ::: Re: Scoop J sounds off on Phil Jackson Reply Reply with quote

thatGAgirl wrote:
Whoa.

Quote:
Phil Jackson spit on an entire culture -- twice -- and got away with it. Never got called on it, never got called out. He just went on his upper-ruling class way and watched the world worship the "sacred" ground he walked on.

Certainly echoes some sentiments expressed here. I was amazed as well that his (Phil's) comments were not more widely critisized.

...and this is why i love scoop jackson...in the midst of espn's gaggle of sychophantic, egomanical, let-me-blow-the-most-popular-male-athletes-while-completely-ignoring-women-athletes-except-to-snicker, wouldn't-know-critical-thinking-if-it-came-clad-in-a-bikini bunch of sportswriters, jackson always call a spade a spade...even when i disagree with him, he calls it out...and i have disagreed with him...

phil jackson's egregious and disdainful remarks have gotten over because people believe that black men are problematic, period. and i don't think it's simply about hip-hop culture...i think it's about race, pure and simple...and to that extent, he ISN'T so different than jimmy the greek or marge shott...i wonder why he's exempting him here?

i've NEVER heard the 'zen master' insult, demean or otherwise denigrate a white man, basketball player or otherwise...it's one thing to critique attitude or ineptness in a player...it's quite another to ascribe it to race or culture...when he's got an issue with buss, i don't hear him denigrating whiteness, white people or white culture...oh right, he just humps up on jeannie a little harder and requests more money...Mad

thanks for posting this, gagirl...i know we already talked about it and probably don't want to again, but the article certainly bares attention...

PostPosted: 11/01/05 6:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quiet as is kept, Phil Jackson is a head case and everyone in the NBA knows it. We're not talking ha ha Zen crazy. We're talking nut job, straight jacket, 730, in a cave somewhere talking to rocks if he wasn't living off Tex Winters' triangle offense.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: