RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

What team will Sammy Prahalis be on in 2015?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

What WNBA team will Sammy Prahalis be on in 2015?
Atlanta Dream
9%
 9%  [ 6 ]
Chicago Sky
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Connecticut Sun
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Indiana Fever
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Los Angeles Sparks
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Minnesota Lynx
3%
 3%  [ 2 ]
New York Liberty
4%
 4%  [ 3 ]
San Antonio Stars
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Seattle Storm
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Tulsa Shock
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Washington Mystics
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
None
80%
 80%  [ 52 ]
Total Votes : 65

Jet Jaguar

PostPosted: 01/03/15 4:41 pm    ::: What team will Sammy Prahalis be on in 2015? Reply Reply with quote

Despite my better judgement, I decided to make this poll. I put a "none" because I figured a lot of people would say that anyway. BTW, I left off Phoenix on purpose because that's the one team that's definitely not an option.

I'm interested to see what some of you think, but please be kind... Smile

PostPosted: 01/03/15 6:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I voted the Dream because Dumerc might not want to come back. And they've already had Sammy in camp and saw what she can bring to the team. And even if Dumerc comes back, they may want to replace either Jasmine Thomas (they should) or Matee Ajavon.

PostPosted: 01/03/15 7:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I voted Minnesota, because Shades seems to have a lot of clout these days

PostPosted: 01/03/15 7:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sammy stats in Russian league

I voted "none" but I wish her well. It'd be fun to see her back in the W.

I'd take Sammy over McKenith, but I'd much rather have Banham over either of them.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
blaase22

PostPosted: 01/03/15 7:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Laughing None leading by a landslide Laughing

miller40

PostPosted: 01/03/15 7:48 pm    ::: Re: What team will Sammy Prahalis be on in 2015? Reply Reply with quote

Jet Jaguar wrote:
Despite my better judgement, I decided to make this poll. I put a "none" because I figured a lot of people would say that anyway. BTW, I left off Phoenix on purpose because that's the one team that's definitely not an option.

Just curious, why is Phoenix the one team that's definitely not an option? Because she was already there once?

Richard 77

PostPosted: 01/03/15 8:16 pm    ::: Re: What team will Sammy Prahalis be on in 2015? Reply Reply with quote

I voted none. The league has passed her by. Having only played a handful of games in the W, I don't know how many rookies like Sammy, cut in their first year have gotten back in after being out two years after being cut. If she was good, she'd still be in this league. Her best bet is to stay overseas to play basketball. Expansion of the WNBA would be her only hope now.

If you cannot inspire yourself to read a book about women's basketball, or any book about women's sports, you cannot inspire any young girl or boy to write a book about them. http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Richardstrek
Shades

PostPosted: 01/03/15 8:22 pm    ::: Re: What team will Sammy Prahalis be on in 2015? Reply Reply with quote

shyguy1701 wrote:
I voted none. The league has passed her by. Having only played a handful of games in the W, I don't know how many rookies like Sammy, cut in their first year have gotten back in after being out two years after being cut. If she was good, she'd still be in this league. Her best bet is to stay overseas to play basketball. Expansion of the WNBA would be her only hope now.

She was a starter her whole rookie season. She got cut early in her second year.

SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 01/03/15 8:31 pm    ::: Re: What team will Sammy Prahalis be on in 2015? Reply Reply with quote

shyguy1701 wrote:

Former 2008 2nd Round Pick Allie Quigley is close.

Last edited by SpaceJunkie on 01/03/15 8:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Richard 77

PostPosted: 01/03/15 8:31 pm    ::: Re: What team will Sammy Prahalis be on in 2015? Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
shyguy1701 wrote:

She was a starter her whole rookie season. She got cut early in her second year.

Thank you for the correction. My fourth sentence must mean how much I was unimpressed by her level of play. I stand by my second, fifth and sixth sentences.

If you cannot inspire yourself to read a book about women's basketball, or any book about women's sports, you cannot inspire any young girl or boy to write a book about them. http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Richardstrek
stever

PostPosted: 01/03/15 8:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jet Jaguar

PostPosted: 01/03/15 8:40 pm    ::: Re: What team will Sammy Prahalis be on in 2015? Reply Reply with quote

miller40 wrote:
Jet Jaguar wrote:

Just curious, why is Phoenix the one team that's definitely not an option? Because she was already there once?

Because I know some things that others don't that I won't discuss on Rebkell. Just trust me, it's not an option.

PostPosted: 01/03/15 8:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

stever wrote:

The reason I had reservations about posting this.

PostPosted: 01/03/15 9:37 pm    ::: Re: What team will Sammy Prahalis be on in 2015? Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
She was a starter her whole rookie season

...for a team that was actively trying to lose games. That should tell you something.

PostPosted: 01/03/15 9:40 pm    ::: Re: What team will Sammy Prahalis be on in 2015? Reply Reply with quote

Jet Jaguar wrote:

The Coach/GM who signed and then cut Prahalis is now gone. Are you saying that because of Taurasi wishes?

Jet Jaguar

PostPosted: 01/03/15 9:47 pm    ::: Re: What team will Sammy Prahalis be on in 2015? Reply Reply with quote

shyguy1701 wrote:
If she was good, she'd still be in this league.

You really think that? That's just not true. Every year more skilled players are cut in lieu of players who are more "established" or "veteran" or a "hot shot rookie". If you think all the best players are in the WNBA right now, I have some sad news for you... Besides the fact is if she wasn't good, she wouldn't keep getting picked up.

shyguy1701 wrote:
My fourth sentence must mean how much I was unimpressed by her level of play.

How impressed by any of the players on the Mercury in 2012? I feel being 7th in the league in assists on a team that bad as a rookie was pretty impressive. And a 1.5 as/to ratio was not bad either. All-Rookie Team too. Her 2nd year doesn't mean much since she really wasn't given much chance.

PostPosted: 01/03/15 9:52 pm    ::: Re: What team will Sammy Prahalis be on in 2015? Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Shades wrote:

...for a team that was actively trying to lose games. That should tell you something.

The team on the floor was not actively trying to lose games. If they didn't play Sammy they would have actually had the worst record in the league.

PostPosted: 01/03/15 10:01 pm    ::: Re: What team will Sammy Prahalis be on in 2015? Reply Reply with quote

Jet Jaguar wrote:
pilight wrote:
Shades wrote:

The team on the floor was not actively trying to lose games. If they didn't play Sammy they would have actually had the worst record in the league.

Not saying the players were trying to lose. Saying the organization put that team on the floor because they wouldn't win even if they tried.

PostPosted: 01/03/15 10:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I still think Sammy can make it in the league. I'm voting Atlanta because I think she had a really good camp there last season and probably would have been kept if Dumerc wasn't coming over. With Thomas and Schimmel both being able to play at the 2 Atlanta could afford to bring in another PG option.

I could also see a new GM and coach giving her a shot in NY since we are thin at PG.

Shades

PostPosted: 01/03/15 10:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
I still think Sammy can make it in the league. I'm voting Atlanta because I think she had a really good camp there last season and probably would have been kept if Dumerc wasn't coming over. With Thomas and Schimmel both being able to play at the 2 Atlanta could afford to bring in another PG option.

I could also see a new GM and coach giving her a shot in NY since we are thin at PG.

Would you take Sammy over Leilani?

Richard 77

PostPosted: 01/03/15 10:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nope, I'm not going to get into a shouting or debating match with anyone. I need the support of many Rebkellian members here regarding things like my writing career, and I don't mean to anger anyone. Therefore, I'm sticking with the phrase; 'You have your opinion and I have mine.' This is where mine ends.

tfan

PostPosted: 01/03/15 10:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jet Jaguar wrote:
I voted the Dream because Dumerc might not want to come back.

I wonder how it was for her, both playing and interacting with her teammates. She did sign a multi-year deal so I guess that means the Dream have to take her even if they wanted to go in another direction with Prahalis or someone else.

Last edited by tfan on 01/03/15 10:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jet Jaguar

PostPosted: 01/03/15 10:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I guess I should tell you Shades, if you didn't know, that Sammy is no longer playing in Russia. There were some issues, the most glaring being that the team did not have the money to pay her. And yes, you can see from the stats she didn't shoot well. She was in a shooting slump. But if you actually watched the games, she looked much better than the stats would indicate. She could get her shot pretty much whenever she wanted, just was missing.

PostPosted: 01/03/15 10:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jet Jaguar wrote:
I guess I should tell you Shades, if you didn't know, that Sammy is no longer playing in Russia. There were some issues, the most glaring being that the team did not have the money to pay her. And yes, you can see from the stats she didn't shoot well. She was in a shooting slump. But if you actually watched the games, she looked much better than the stats would indicate. She could get her shot pretty much whenever she wanted, just was missing.

Is she gonna play somewhere else, because if she's just gonna go home and mope it'll look really bad for her.

Jet Jaguar

PostPosted: 01/03/15 10:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Is she gonna play somewhere else, because if she's just gonna go home and mope it'll look really bad for her.

I don't know what's going to happen. She may get on another team, she may not. Either way, I guarantee she's not going to go home and "mope". If she stays home, she'll work really hard on her game at the gym with trainers like she always does.

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: