RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

NBA not gay and happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Men's Sports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pilight

PostPosted: 11/01/05 6:20 am    ::: NBA not gay and happy Reply Reply with quote

http://celtics.bostonherald.com/otherNBA/view.bg?articleid=109786

PostPosted: 11/01/05 8:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That was an interesting article. I knew an article like this would pop up as soon as the NBA season started and I'm sure we can expect a few more like it from other cities.

I guess I was wrong in the other thread when I said the NBA would be the safest league for a gay athlete. But maybe not. I mean, it wouldn't necessarily be a safe environment per se, but it is still likely the safest of all the major sports leagues.

The one thing that I don't understand from this article is whether players would actually dislike or hate their gay teammate or if the gay player would just be the brunt of more goodnatured (or vicious) locker room jokes. If teammates simply cracked on their gay teammate more often, I think a gay athlete could handle that, but if your teammates actually hate you, thats a whole different story...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Men's Sports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: