RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

2014-15 women's basketball rebkell's fantasy game
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
myrtle

PostPosted: 10/10/14 3:53 pm    ::: 2014-15 women's basketball rebkell's fantasy game Reply Reply with quote

Fantasizers:

1. FollowtheCardinalRule
2. tbinta
3. Happycappie25 w/ Queenie advisor
4. lynxmania
5. myrtle
6. GEF34
7. newkid
8. Howee
9. Stephen Shirley
10. tigermojo

Draft Nov 9 at 7 pm Eastern.

rules:

each roster 13 players with a daily lineup limit of ten players structured like this: 3G, 3F, 1C, and 3U (U's can be any position)
- a player's position shall be whatever is listed on the team's website and/or whatever's listed on rivals.com (yahoo). If the two conflict, then that player can be used as either one. If a team website uses the designations Post or Wing, they shall be construed as follows: P = F/C and W = G/F. (if you have a player who clearly plays the C position but is listed as an F, you may petition for an exemption)
-we have 2 IR spots which can only be used AFTER a player misses an entire game. [or plays less than five minutes in a game and has been declared out for an extended period of time by her team] That player can then be put on the IR and you can sign someone else. When the IR player is re-activated you must release somebody[anybody] from your current roster.
- on any given day, stats count only for starting lineup players (bench player stats don't count so its important to consider drafting a mix of players who don't all always play on the same day)
- owners must post their daily lineup in this thread - bench players' stats don't count for your team so this is REALLY important. You can post day by day, or for an entire week, month, or season. Please post clearly player name, school, and the position at which you are playing them. Lineups must be posted before games start that day
- scoring determined by pts, reb, ast, steals, blk, 3pt%, FG%, FT% 3made & TOs
- player eligibility is Division I only (no DivII, DivIII, or intramural players)
- open free agency - first to the punch wins
- transaction limits:
- three transactions in a calendar week (runs from 12 am Sunday to 12 am following Sunday Eastern time) [ dropping a player and signing a new player = one transaction. Ditto for putting a player on the IR and signing a replacement.]
- last roster change Sunday Feb 16
- live draft will have snake format (the last team to draft in the first round will draft first in the second round and so forth)
- players can be drafted only once by only one team (two different teams cannot have the same player)
- game ends at end of regular season - so playoffs games don't count.

Again, we can obviously change rules if a majority agree.
Here's the thread with rules from last year. http://boards.rebkell.net/viewtopic.php?t=78396&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Last year's stats are here: http://rebfan2013.altervista.org/index.htm

Last edited by myrtle on 10/20/14 11:17 pm; edited 6 times in total
GEF34

PostPosted: 10/10/14 7:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm interested in playing again.

Howee

PostPosted: 10/10/14 11:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Too taxing for my brain. But I can gladly be your Drafter Orderer Picker again. Laughing

PostPosted: 10/10/14 11:54 pm    ::: I'm In Reply Reply with quote

I want to redeem myself for a terrible rookie season

I'm shootin' for middle of the pack this time

😋

PostPosted: 10/11/14 12:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

in again Smile

PostPosted: 10/11/14 12:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Happycappie25 wrote:
in again Smile

do you have another gem like Martinez hiding in your back pocket?

- Amanda Gorman
Stephen Shirley

PostPosted: 10/11/14 1:59 pm    ::: Fantasy game Reply Reply with quote

After a year or two away, I'm game again.

Shades

PostPosted: 10/11/14 2:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think myrtle needs to get tougher on those who forget to turn in their lineups.

Also I think there should be a limit of moves made. If it becomes all about dumping player(s) that aren't playing that day and adding player(s) who are, you kinda lose the realism and the point of the game.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
tbinta

PostPosted: 10/11/14 4:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Drop PF, one negative (TO) is enough

Add C or U spot to make it 10 starters, I like even numbers

PostPosted: 10/11/14 6:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
....you kinda lose the realism and the point of the game.

"Realism"?? Shocked Wait....I thought this was a FANTASY league.... Laughing

PostPosted: 10/11/14 7:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stephen Shirley wrote:

Yay! Welcome back. And everybody else too! It's always a fun time

Shades wrote:
I think myrtle needs to get tougher on those who forget to turn in their lineups.

Also I think there should be a limit of moves made. If it becomes all about dumping player(s) that aren't playing that day and adding player(s) who are, you kinda lose the realism and the point of the game.

tbinta wrote:

Any comments on these?
Currently we allow three lineup changes per week. Since anybody dropped is available to other fantasizers, it's not quite as bad as Shades makes it out, but we could in fact further limit changes if everyone wants.

I don't have a problem dropping fouls if everyone wants to? It's an interesting balance to all the positive categories, but it also can be skewed by players purposely fouling a bunch in the last couple of minutes of a game.

We could easily change to a 10 player lineup. If so I would definitely favor adding a U rather than a C as C's tend to be in short supply. We could also decrease the lineup to 8 - say 3, 3, 1, 1. Other than the first day of the season and maybe one or two other days, it's fairly rare to have a full lineup anyway.

Should we shift to a smaller or larger overall roster size?

Things to think about and discuss...

- Amanda Gorman
myrtle

PostPosted: 10/11/14 8:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
Too taxing for my brain. But I can gladly be your Drafter Orderer Picker again. Laughing

Didn't you say last year that you would join us this year?

- Amanda Gorman
Howee

PostPosted: 10/11/14 8:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Howee wrote:

I DID say that, but....I just can't stand all the back-biting and name-calling and...no, wait: that's the wnba threads! Shocked Laughing

The REAL truth is, I think I'd be more 'in the way', holding things up, etc., with my rookie background. I tried to follow it last year, and it just made my head hurt. Razz

Last edited by Howee on 10/11/14 8:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
lynxmania

PostPosted: 10/11/14 8:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm willing to make another go around this year! Very Happy

PostPosted: 10/11/14 11:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
myrtle wrote:
Howee wrote:

I DID say that, but....I just can't stand all the back-biting and name-calling and...no, wait: that's the wnba threads! Shocked Laughing

The REAL truth is, I think I'd be more 'in the way', holding things up, etc., with my rookie background. I tried to follow it last year, and it just made my head hurt. Razz

Howee, Howeeee - it's not THAT complex...and you're only a rookie once. All you need to do is find 13 players that average 20 pts/ 10 rebs/ 8 assists/4 steals/4 blocks/ 0 TOs/ and 0 fouls, all while shooting 60% from 2, 50% from 3, and 98% from the line...and I guarantee you will win the game going away.

Seriously it's about taking players you like and just having fun; or scouring the stat lines for players that give you several good things without hurting you too bad in others. Then you can just post your lineup for the whole season and sit back and see what happens. Or you can agonize every week about how to make your team better and decide when to hold 'em or when to fold 'em. There are many options. And it's all fun.

- Amanda Gorman
Shades

PostPosted: 10/11/14 11:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Stephen Shirley wrote:

Shades wrote:

tbinta wrote:

Any comments on these?
Currently we allow three lineup changes per week. Since anybody dropped is available to other fantasizers, it's not quite as bad as Shades makes it out, but we could in fact further limit changes if everyone wants.

I don't have a problem dropping fouls if everyone wants to? It's an interesting balance to all the positive categories, but it also can be skewed by players purposely fouling a bunch in the last couple of minutes of a game.

We could easily change to a 10 player lineup. If so I would definitely favor adding a U rather than a C as C's tend to be in short supply. We could also decrease the lineup to 8 - say 3, 3, 1, 1. Other than the first day of the season and maybe one or two other days, it's fairly rare to have a full lineup anyway.

Oh, I didn't realize you already had a limit in place. I guess three isn't so bad.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
GEF34

PostPosted: 10/12/14 12:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:

Any comments on these?

I don't really make many roster moves anyways, so I'm fine with decreasing it to 2 per week. But 3 works for me as well.

As for adding a player, I thing if you did adding a U would be best, because like you said there aren't really many players listed as centers, and there is no point to have one more guard or one more forward, so I'd be good with 3 g, 3 f, 1 c, 3 u.

Happycappie25

PostPosted: 10/12/14 9:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Happycappie25 wrote:
in again Smile

If I did, would I tell the board? Wink

not to say I got good milage out of her but yeah didn't I have to email you her player file when I first time around and kept her for 2 years LOL

PostPosted: 10/12/14 10:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Stephen Shirley wrote:

Shades wrote:

tbinta wrote:

Any comments on these?

I'd say the roster size is fine...Id back off of fouls due to intentional fouls but also the perlofriation of whistles the last year...Here's the thing with roster size...the bigger the roster the more playable days...it makes you exercise your brain to find good players in smaller leagues. But I see the point that it over emphasizes the Ivy and Southland. (At least you cut the season short last year to avoid the creeping ivy strategy) with the Big East going to a restricted schedule...this will be a bigger deal....I don't know how to handle this without getting way too complex...except maybe go to a system where it's plays per week? (Saturday to Saturday please)

I like having to dig deep to find hidden gems in conferences that play more midweek and odd games but I can see the people who are more pop music scratching their heads.

either way is good for me.

PostPosted: 10/12/14 12:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Happycappie25 wrote:
myrtle wrote:
Happycappie25 wrote:
in again Smile

not to say I got good milage out of her but yeah didn't I have to email you her player file when I first time around and kept her for 2 years LOL

well, you could hint. Yeah the first time you picked her, I gave you the obscurity award. Embarassed

- Amanda Gorman
tigermojo

PostPosted: 10/12/14 3:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'd like to give it a shot. Last years rules sound good to me. I have a few questions tho.

How do you add/remove players from roster? How do you know who's available?

Do the stats for all 9 of your game players count, or do you also have to name a starting 5?

Happycappie25

PostPosted: 10/12/14 3:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Happycappie25 wrote:
myrtle wrote:
Happycappie25 wrote:
in again Smile

well, you could hint. Yeah the first time you picked her, I gave you the obscurity award. Embarassed

funny thing was I thought Tabitha Richardson Smith was the more obscure one...and she averaged more than 20 a game with decent board numbers with the hall Smile

yeah I know those programs well....so have some ideas Smile

PostPosted: 10/12/14 4:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tigermojo wrote:
I'd like to give it a shot. Last years rules sound good to me. I have a few questions tho.

How do you add/remove players from roster? How do you know who's available?

Do the stats for all 9 of your game players count, or do you also have to name a starting 5?

Great! welcome Tiger!

To get your 13 players initially we all set a draft time that works for everybody and then the draft happens here in this thread. It usually takes close to three hours no matter how we try to hurry it up. Sometimes people give up after 10 or 11 players and then just add their last couple via free agency, which is first come, first serve. Usually GEF posts a list at the end of the draft of all the players taken.

To change your roster, you simply post in this thread like:
Tiger waives Janna Doeslittle, g from Pudunk U and signs Hope Better, g from Doit State (remembering they both have to be DI schools). And as soon as you post it, it is fait accompli.

For players, I try to keep an updated, or semi-updated list on the stat site of who has which players. Any player at a D1 school is eligible to draft or acquire via free agency. If someone has been lusting after Janna Doeslittle, as soon as they see your post, they can immediately waive someone from their team and pick her up.

Yes, all the stats for your 9 players count. Woohoo, lots of stats!

- Amanda Gorman
tbinta

PostPosted: 10/12/14 4:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Happycappie25 wrote:
myrtle wrote:
Stephen Shirley wrote:

Shades wrote:

tbinta wrote:

Any comments on these?

I'd say the roster size is fine...Id back off of fouls due to intentional fouls but also the perlofriation of whistles the last year...Here's the thing with roster size...the bigger the roster the more playable days...it makes you exercise your brain to find good players in smaller leagues. But I see the point that it over emphasizes the Ivy and Southland. (At least you cut the season short last year to avoid the creeping ivy strategy) with the Big East going to a restricted schedule...this will be a bigger deal....I don't know how to handle this without getting way too complex...except maybe go to a system where it's plays per week? (Saturday to Saturday please)

I like having to dig deep to find hidden gems in conferences that play more midweek and odd games but I can see the people who are more pop music scratching their heads.

either way is good for me.

Thank you very much HappyCappie there's some good info here...

PostPosted: 10/12/14 7:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What the heck, I'm in. The representative from the City of Brotherly Love is here to win.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44  Next
Page 1 of 44

Jump to: