RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Just Checking To See If Its Just Me Or Not...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hyperetic

PostPosted: 09/24/14 12:47 pm    ::: Just Checking To See If Its Just Me Or Not... Reply Reply with quote

Is it just me or has the league started making an effort to keep connected with their fans AFTER the finals were concluded? My twitter feed is still blowing up with W tweets (and of course Shock tweets). The dot.com is keeping tabs on the USWNT and posting other NEW articles (not many but a few). I guess it may be because of the FIBA World Championship and maybe it will die off after that but as of right now it seems as if the league hasn't blacked out after the season was over.
larmarch5

PostPosted: 09/24/14 1:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Some teams are aware of the power of media to keep and grow their fanbase. Shock, Mercury, Lynx are continuing to promo their players that are on the USAB team, reaching out to and responding to major media outlets. Check out this from WNBA/ESPN re BG, which is promo'd on the Mercury twitter account.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vZTwDW0wtw&feature=youtu.be&list=UUO9a_ryN_l7DIDS-VIt-zmw

Randy

PostPosted: 09/24/14 2:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I've been getting off-season emails from the Dream for a while now. Might be more this year.

larmarch5

PostPosted: 09/24/14 2:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
I've been getting off-season emails from the Dream for a while now. Might be more this year.

So, I just checked out the Dream's twitter -- excellent promotion of their team and players.

Richard 77

PostPosted: 09/24/14 2:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

larmarch5 wrote:
Randy wrote:

So, I just checked out the Dream's twitter -- excellent promotion of their team and players.

All quiet on the Sky front.

If you cannot inspire yourself to read a book about women's basketball, or any book about women's sports, you cannot inspire any young girl or boy to write a book about them. http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Richardstrek
larmarch5

PostPosted: 09/24/14 4:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Just got this from http://www.wnba.com/

Excellent coverage of the UAB women's team. Some great pictures.

Libra_Girl

PostPosted: 09/24/14 5:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LA Twitter/Facebook has be doing a good job connecting with the fans. Was wondering where it was during the season but I guess better late than never. Tulsa was already doing a nice job interacting with their fans during the season. Plus their live stats during the gms was second to none. Chicago does a nice job of promoting Sky gear. As for the wnba.com looks like they finally got the message.🙌

sigur3

PostPosted: 09/24/14 6:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

shyguy1701 wrote:
larmarch5 wrote:
Randy wrote:

Shocker.

UofDel_Alum

PostPosted: 09/24/14 6:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sigur3 wrote:
shyguy1701 wrote:
larmarch5 wrote:
Randy wrote:

Shocker.

sigur3 get those people in the front office clued in.

GEF34

PostPosted: 09/25/14 12:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Libra_Girl wrote:
LA Twitter/Facebook has be doing a good job connecting with the fans. Was wondering where it was during the season but I guess better late than never. Tulsa was already doing a nice job interacting with their fans during the season. Plus their live stats during the gms was second to none. Chicago does a nice job of promoting Sky gear. As for the wnba.com looks like they finally got the message.🙌

My guess is the person doing all the stuff now wasn't employed by the Sparks during a majority of the season. The Sparks activity on twitter started to pick up in August, that's probably when that person was hired or assigned social media duties.

I am liking what the Sparks, WNBA and other teams are doing on twitter. It's nice to see the activity, I hope they keep it up after the World Championships, and it doesn't just die off.

SueFavor

PostPosted: 09/25/14 9:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yes, an increase in social media activity for most teams. Exceptions: the Sun, Mystics, Lynx, Sky and Stars. Have seen little or nothing from each of them.

womenshoopsworld.com

twitter.com/hoopism

whoopsworld@aol.com
Libra_Girl

PostPosted: 09/25/14 11:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GEF34 wrote:
Libra_Girl wrote:

My guess is the person doing all the stuff now wasn't employed by the Sparks during a majority of the season. The Sparks activity on twitter started to pick up in August, that's probably when that person was hired or assigned social media duties.

I am liking what the Sparks, WNBA and other teams are doing on twitter. It's nice to see the activity, I hope they keep it up after the World Championships, and it doesn't just die off.
LA fans have been complaining about the lack of interest from the team so to see them reaching out to fans on social media is a good start.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 09/26/14 12:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SueFavor wrote:
Yes, an increase in social media activity for most teams. Exceptions: the Sun, Mystics, Lynx, Sky and Stars. Have seen little or nothing from each of them.

That is strange. They have 3 players and a coach on the team. You would expect them to be all over it

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
p_d_swanson

PostPosted: 09/26/14 12:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
SueFavor wrote:

That is strange. They have 3 players and a coach on the team. You would expect them to be all over it

Pay closer attention...

Beemer

PostPosted: 09/26/14 7:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sun is doing squat on social media. Sad

PostPosted: 10/01/14 9:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I guess theoretically it could help some teams stay relevant in the off season if they have a star player to stay close & be available for appearances & photo ops.
Hawkeye

PostPosted: 10/02/14 12:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Seems some teams are getting it and some are still trying to get out of the paper bag. It's just idiotic NOT to market yourself in the off-season. That's how you keep the fans you have, add new ones and build anticipation of the next season. The other leagues do this. Any news that happens in the off-season for teams of the other leagues, and it's blasted all over the place. The WNBA and its teams should be doing the same.

hyperetic

PostPosted: 10/10/14 10:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Guess its slowing down to a trickle. My twitter feed is dwindling in W stuff from the W. Still got Hoopfeed though and a few others though.
NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 10/17/14 4:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Liberty did a great job of letting us know that they don't have a future plan yet.

PostPosted: 10/17/14 8:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
The Liberty did a great job of letting us know that they don't have a future plan yet.

Laughing
Well I guess no news is better than NO news.

And I was a little premature, Tulsa has been dropping some info and the W has dropped a few things also. I guess there are just slow news days.
larmarch5

PostPosted: 10/21/14 5:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nneka and Chiney doing something on their own (or through an agency perhaps).

Nneka and Chiney Ogwumike launch a YouTube channel: Team Ogwumike

http://www.hoopfeed.com/content/2014/10/21/nneka-and-chiney-ogwumike-launch-a-youtube-channel-team-ogwumike/

hyperetic

PostPosted: 10/22/14 11:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tulsa Shock wrote:
The Tulsa Shock will be in the BooHaHa parade Sunday at 3 p.m., starting at 48th Street and Peoria Avenue! Wear a costume (or not) and come out and see us! #ShockOurCommunity

Wonder who all will be there? Maybe a Diggy sighting?
LosLynxAngeles

PostPosted: 10/23/14 9:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Whomever ran the stars account during the season is the best in the wnba, I loved the tweets soooooooo much

larmarch5

PostPosted: 10/24/14 2:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LosLynxAngeles wrote:
Whomever ran the stars account during the season is the best in the wnba, I loved the tweets soooooooo much

Great that they are providing updates on their players overseas. Is @swaggyhooper23 a great twitter name or what? Love it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: