RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

New York Liberty 2015
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 39, 40, 41  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 05/25/15 5:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't like starting a rookie at point guard early in the season unless the player is an absolute star. Even if Boyd is going to play the bulk of point guard minutes in the first 10 games, I'd have her come off the bench.

PostPosted: 05/25/15 5:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wiggins is basically being handed an opportunity on a silver platter.

Laimbeer likes her game, and try to get her in the past. She has some serious bad girl style in her and now while Prince is out she might even get a chance to start.

Let's see what happens the next game on Wednesday, I bet she not only plays decent minutes, but starts.

I hope she steps up this could be her last chance, I won't be shocked at all if we see a Wright/Wiggins starting back-court while Prince is out. This is a great chance for redemption, ad if she isn't up to it we'll have some hungry youth on the bench to take her spot.

root_thing

PostPosted: 05/25/15 6:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Any way you slice it, some players are going to have to step up big-time for NY to survive those first 10 games without Prince. Where will the scoring come from? You need at least a couple of players to raise their game in order to fill the void.

But beyond missing your second best scorer, the team also has to integrate 7 new players. Cohesion will be an issue. 4 of those 7 players will likely be rookies -- Boyd, Stokes, Allen, and either Orrange or Hopkins to temporarily replace Prince. In addition, two of the veterans -- Swords and Wiggins -- are trying to bounce back from injury. That's another element of risk. Among the returnees, Carson didn't play much last year and Cash joined midway through the season. Both are coming off bad years and need to prove they still belong in the league. So, all through the roster, you've got individuals trying to find their way individually as well as trying to fit the team concept.

The concerns are on both sides of the ball. It sounded like the Liberty struggled with defense the other night. The commentators said that there were way too many open shots on the perimeter. Among the problems mentioned was an inability to fight through screens. That's common when you have a lot of young players. So, while this squad looks like it has the makings of a good defensive team, it's a challenge to reach that high level of play within the first 10 games.

Sorry folks, just keepin' it real. Smile

PostPosted: 05/25/15 6:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bob Lamm wrote:
I don't like starting a rookie at point guard early in the season unless the player is an absolute star. Even if Boyd is going to play the bulk of point guard minutes in the first 10 games, I'd have her come off the bench.

But then you have the problem of starting Wright at the point guard position, who cannot run an offense and has no business playing that position. Wiggins could be an option, but as stated she cannot run an offense. Prince? Same problem.

From the outside looking in, I'd probably guess Laimbeer plays Boyd and lets her sink a little bit because she's really the only decent point guard option. Unless Orrange or Hopkins makes the team but they also have very limited experience in this level even though Hopkins has some overseas experience.

PostPosted: 05/25/15 6:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

He does clearly like her game, and usually I agree with his assessments. But here I can't help but wonder if he isn't looking at Wiggins as if she is the 2008 version (his last full season before he left the league early in '09) rather than seeing what the current version has to offer. Her two-point percentages for the last five years are abysmal and she's little more than a standstill set shooter. She was still a good open three point shooter two years ago, which may help to an extent, but I'm in disbelief that she could be anything more than a seldom-used role player.

I hope I'm wrong and I really have liked her in the past too. It would be great to see her rejuvenated. But what are the odds? I can't think of the last time a player basically fell off the map statistically and returned to anything close to form. And just separating from the stats, her explosiveness was minimal two years ago though she could still defend some.

PostPosted: 05/25/15 6:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
Any way you slice it, some players are going to have to step up big-time for NY to survive those first 10 games without Prince. Where will the scoring come from? You need at least a couple of players to raise their game in order to fill the void.

But beyond missing your second best scorer, the team also has to integrate 7 new players. Cohesion will be an issue. 4 of those 7 players will likely be rookies -- Boyd, Stokes, Allen, and either Orrange or Hopkins to temporarily replace Prince. In addition, two of the veterans -- Swords and Wiggins -- are trying to bounce back from injury. That's another element of risk. Among the returnees, Carson didn't play much last year and Cash joined midway through the season. Both are coming off bad years and need to prove they still belong in the league. So, all through the roster, you've got individuals trying to find their way individually as well as trying to fit the team concept.

The concerns are on both sides of the ball. It sounded like the Liberty struggled with defense the other night. The commentators said that there were way too many open shots on the perimeter. Among the problems mentioned was an inability to fight through screens. That's common when you have a lot of young players. So, while this squad looks like it has the makings of a good defensive team, it's a challenge to reach that high level of play within the first 10 games.

Please stop trying to inject facts and reality into this conversation, we want to be excited about this team, and truth is really going to mess up our fantasies. Soon enough we'll have actual results to bring us down, let us have our honeymoon of hope before cold hard facts force us to wait another season (with hopefully Stewart on board) for our happiness. Very Happy

NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 05/25/15 6:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:
Bob Lamm wrote:

But then you have the problem of starting Wright at the point guard position, who cannot run an offense and has no business playing that position. Wiggins could be an option, but as stated she cannot run an offense. Prince? Same problem.

From the outside looking in, I'd probably guess Laimbeer plays Boyd and lets her sink a little bit because she's really the only decent point guard option. Unless Orrange or Hopkins makes the team but they also have very limited experience in this level even though Hopkins has some overseas experience.

I agree. I think Prince/Wright backcourts will be featured at times but Wright is not a PG. One of my concerns is if Boyd isn't up to it either what do you do? The only non-Boyd, non-Prince lineup I see being able to score at a semi-competitive rate is Wright/Carson/Allen/Stokes/Charles. OTOH I think Bob is saying Boyd will still play significant minutes but may just do so coming off the bench.

We don't know Boyd's readiness either. But she better be. Because starting or off the bench, she has to be able to give 20 minutes minimum for NY to be competitive.

When Prince gets back you might be able to get away with Prince/Wright only because then you have a chance of fielding lineups with 4 or even 5 players who can all do some scoring. Laimbeer offenses have succeeded in that scenario without a true point guard. The problems seep in, however, when you start throwing lineups out like those NY had last year. Montgomery was ignored on the offensive end. So was Warley. NY's improvement in the middle third of the season last year could be traced largely to Charles getting comfortable but also partially to Pierson being functional on the court.

That's why to me the most imperative thing on this roster is Stokes actually being something of a threat to score from the perimeter like Laimbeer has been alluding to. That gives a WNBA offense so much more flexibility.

PostPosted: 05/25/15 7:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
mavcarter wrote:
Bob Lamm wrote:

I agree. I think Prince/Wright backcourts will be featured at times but Wright is not a PG. One of my concerns is if Boyd isn't up to it either what do you do? The only non-Boyd, non-Prince lineup I see being able to score at a semi-competitive rate is Wright/Carson/Allen/Stokes/Charles. OTOH I think Bob is saying Boyd will still play significant minutes but may just do so coming off the bench.

We don't know Boyd's readiness either. But she better be. Because starting or off the bench, she has to be able to give 20 minutes minimum for NY to be competitive.

When Prince gets back you might be able to get away with Prince/Wright only because then you have a chance of fielding lineups with 4 or even 5 players who can all do some scoring. Laimbeer offenses have succeeded in that scenario without a true point guard. The problems seep in, however, when you start throwing lineups out like those NY had last year. Montgomery was ignored on the offensive end. So was Warley. NY's improvement in the middle third of the season last year could be traced largely to Charles getting comfortable but also partially to Pierson being functional on the court.

That's why to me the most imperative thing on this roster is Stokes actually being something of a threat to score from the perimeter like Laimbeer has been alluding to. That gives a WNBA offense so much more flexibility.

Sorry, mavcarter, but you've completely misunderstood what I wrote, which I believe was clear enough. I wasn't advocating playing Wright at point guard for 30 minutes per game. Or 20 minutes. Maybe at most for 10 minutes per game for the first 10 games of the season. Five minutes at the beginning of each half. Unless Wiggins can show Laimbeer and the rest of us a lot more than she has in recent years, then Boyd should play the majority of point guard minutes. I'd simply give her 10 games to get accustomed to WNBA play without the added pressure of being a rookie starting at point guard.

PostPosted: 05/25/15 7:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:

That's pretty much it. That's why if NY can get out of the first 10 games 4-6 I think I'd be quite pleased. The good news is 6 of the first 10 are at home, and there's games that are winnable on paper. 2 early games with DC. Phoenix at home without Griner, Taurasi and probably Taylor, unless she is also definitely out. LA at home, possibly without Parker. One against Atlanta at home, 2 vs. Indiana. Out of those 3 you'd hope we'd win at least 1.

Let's look at something for a minute. The caliber of players you need to be a certain type of team. This doesn't always hold true but often it does.

1) Championship teams-In today's WNBA, championship teams tend to have 3 elite players and they tend to defend. Occasionally you might have a team with 2, or one super-elite player like 2012 Indiana, where defense, character and support from several sources might do it. But that's the exception. Generally speaking, championship teams have 3 elite players unless they have a highly unusual feature or features like unique defense, physicality and/or rebounding.

2) Almost-championship teams-These are teams that tend to be good to very good for a long period of time without winning a title. Typically they have one franchise player, one or two other really good players close to but not quite elite, and some degree of depth support. Teams in this category would have been The old Liberty, Atlanta current, the Indiana teams for years prior to them winning in 2012. LA of two years ago would also fall in that category with the one elite player, Candace Parker, and several other good players without anyone else on the roster falling into the elite category.

3) Good-but-not-great teams-Usually one franchise or almost-franchise player without another great player. Or possibly two or three very good players (no franchise player) without a championship identity. Perhaps the team lacks defense to the extent that the championship teams do it. Or the offense might not be balanced but the team is physical and strong. Connecticut from years back fits this category, where they were generally good but never great. The old Sacramento Monarchs fit this category for a few years and then gravitated a little between categories 3 and 4 if memory serves me, which it may not be. The late '90s-early 2000s Charlotte Sting also gravitated between this category and category 4.

4) .500 teams or slightly sub-.500 teams over a period of time-These typically have some type of characteristic that keeps them in the area of .500. They may fall a few games below but are seldom high enough in the draft to get that impact player they need. Generally they have some type of systematic approach or they get a lot of mileage defensively and in crunch time. The two that immediately come to mind from the last several years are San Antonio and Seattle. Washington definitely fit this category last year. Teams that are tough to beat, and tend to be greater as a whole than they are individually. The old Orlando Miracle were in this category at times or maybe gravitated at times into category 5.

5) Losing teams-Generally characterized by the obvious, a lack of talent. However some teams with talent fall into this category by doing things like playing defense the way last year's Tulsa Shock did.

So where does NY fall? I don't see them in category 5 because they will defend and have a systematic approach. Further, Charles can actually carry a team, as she did to NY's 12-9 finish, once she got acclimated. So now are they somewhere between 4 and 5 because their offense is so weak? Are they 4? Perhaps if they don't do anything on offense that makes the whole greater than the individuals. Because in that scenario, their overall offense will be extremely weak. On the strength of Charles and their defense, I could see them starting slow and balancing it out by finishing fast. Further, once they have Charles and Prince, they will be closer to category 3 on paper than category 4 IF they stay healthy and IF they get support on offense from Carson and Stokes. On the negative side, all of the teams from category 4 and above usually have good facilitation of offense from the guards. NY may not until the halfway point of the season or so, if that.

So basically I typed a monologue just to mention that their season is kind of unpredictable.

Last edited by NYL_WNBA_FAN on 05/25/15 7:31 pm; edited 2 times in total
Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 05/25/15 7:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
root_thing wrote:

That's pretty much it. That's why if NY can get out of the first 10 games 4-6 I think I'd be quite pleased. The good news is 6 of the first 10 are at home, and there's games that are winnable on paper. 2 early games with DC. Phoenix at home without Griner, Taurasi and probably Taylor, unless she is also definitely out. LA at home, possibly without Parker. One against Atlanta at home, 2 vs. Indiana. Out of those 3 you'd hope we'd win at least 1.

Let's look at something for a minute. The caliber of players you need to be a certain type of team. This doesn't always hold true but often it does.

1) Championship teams-In today's WNBA, championship teams tend to have 3 elite players and they tend to defend. Occasionally you might have a team with 2, or one super-elite player like 2012 Indiana, where defense, character and support from several sources might do it. But that's the exception. Generally speaking, championship teams have 3 elite players unless they have a highly unusual feature or features like unique defense, physicality and/or rebounding.

2) Almost-championship teams-These are teams that tend to be good to very good for a long period of time without winning a title. Typically they have one franchise player, one or two other really good players close to but not quite elite, and some degree of depth support. Teams in this category would have been The old Liberty, Atlanta current, the Indiana teams for years prior to them winning in 2012. LA of two years ago would also fall in that category with the one elite player, Candace Parker, and several other good players without anyone else on the roster falling into the elite category.

3) Good-but-not-great teams-Usually one franchise or almost-franchise player without another great player. Or possibly two or three very good players (no franchise player) without a championship identity. Perhaps the team lacks defense to the extent that the championship teams do it. Connecticut from years back fits this category, where they were generally good but never great. The old Sacramento Monarchs fit this category for a few years and then gravitated a little between categories 3 and 4 if memory serves me, which it may not be. The late '90s-early 2000s Charlotte Sting also gravitated between this category and category 4.

4) .500 teams or slightly sub-.500 teams over a period of time-These typically have some type of characteristic that keeps them in the area of .500. They may fall a few games below but are seldom high enough in the draft to get that impact player they need. Generally they have some type of systematic approach or they get a lot of mileage defensively and in crunch time. The two that immediately come to mind from the last several years are San Antonio and Seattle. Washington definitely fit this category last year. Teams that are tough to beat, and tend to be greater as a whole than they are individually. The old Orlando Miracle were in this category at times or maybe gravitated at times into category 5.

5) Losing teams-Generally characterized by the obvious, a lack of talent. However some teams with talent fall into this category by doing things like playing defense the way last year's Tulsa Shock did.

So where does NY fall? I don't see them in category 5 because they will defend and have a systematic approach. Further, Charles can actually carry a team, as she did to NY's 12-9 finish, once she got acclimated. So now are they somewhere between 4 and 5 because their offense is so weak? Are they 4? Perhaps if they don't do anything on offense that makes the whole greater than the individuals. Because in that scenario, their overall offense will be extremely weak. On the strength of Charles and their defense, I could see them starting slow and balancing it out by finishing fast. Further, once they have Charles and Prince, they will be closer to category 3 on paper than category 4 IF they stay healthy and IF they get support on offense from Carson and Stokes.

So basically I typed a monologue just to mention that their season is kind of unpredictable.

LOL at your last sentence.

PostPosted: 05/25/15 7:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Boyd improved her game A LOT her senior year...but I'm not convinced how quickly that will transition to the W. She has been offensively erratic her whole career - including sometimes missing point blank layups after making spectacular steals. She is flashy but totally inconsistent. If you are relying on her to play a productive 20 plus minutes right out of the gate, I suspect you may be in for an unpleasant surprise. She has a chance to improve if she isn't rushed because of her physical tools ...but expecting too much too soon may be like throwing her to the lions.

- Amanda Gorman
root_thing

PostPosted: 05/25/15 7:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:

Call it a soliloquy and it sounds Shakespearean. Wink

PostPosted: 05/25/15 8:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bob Lamm wrote:
Sorry, mavcarter, but you've completely misunderstood what I wrote, which I believe was clear enough.

I didn't see anywhere that I stated that's what you were advocating, I was simply going over the options.

PostPosted: 05/25/15 8:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Boyd improved her game A LOT her senior year...but I'm not convinced how quickly that will transition to the W. She has been offensively erratic her whole career - including sometimes missing point blank layups after making spectacular steals. She is flashy but totally inconsistent. If you are relying on her to play a productive 20 plus minutes right out of the gate, I suspect you may be in for an unpleasant surprise. She has a chance to improve if she isn't rushed because of her physical tools ...but expecting too much too soon may be like throwing her to the lions.

I agree. I'd never expect too much from a rookie point guard, even one with a more solid college career than Boyd. The problem is that our other options are less than thrilling.

Is it too late for Laimbeer to make a big trade and get Leilani Mitchell? Smile

PostPosted: 05/25/15 9:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:

I sort of suspected that. There's not really any ideal combination in the backcourt even with Prince. But I think Prince and Wright can get by in a Laimbeer offense provided there's 2 or 3 scoring options also on the floor. Without Prince you have to capitalize on those 5 of 6 at home to whatever extent keeps you in striking distance for when you have a complete team.

I watched the Cal highlight video of Boyd put together at the end of her senior year. Which isn't enough to judge much. But one thing I noticed on a few occasions she would dribble toward the hoop on the left side and then put up a right handed floater against the grain. There was nothing involving finishing with the left hand, and generally the top point guards are at least functional with the weak hand, if not better than functional. Whalen finishes extraordinarily well with either hand. Becky got much better at it as her career went along. Cruz is even pretty good at finishing with the left hand.

So if she misses layups that might be a reason why. I know Rodgers can't finish with the left hand either, and it definitely contributes toward holding her back. On the plus side, the Liberty have people in place to work with both posts and guards. To whatever extent she is able to improve quickly, the Liberty should be able to maximize whatever her development curve turns out to be.

Just to note, Kamiko Williams started opening night 2013 with less of a resume than Boyd. Anna Cruz started opening night 2014 as an older rookie with pro experience, which proved fruitful. Boyd is probably going to get 15 or so minutes whether she starts or subs, as I don't think Wright is going to play much more than 25 minutes a night. Laimbeer generally lets young players play through mistakes, as long as the mistakes aren't debilitating to the point where the player can't function. This one is going to be interesting as Boyd's rawness:readiness is a pretty high ratio from what multiple people have said. Not to mention Wright still isn't a point guard, regardless of Boyd's readiness. A true damned if you do, damned if you don't scenario.

PostPosted: 05/25/15 9:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
I sort of suspected that. There's not really any ideal combination in the backcourt even with Prince. But I think Prince and Wright can get by in a Laimbeer offense provided there's 2 or 3 scoring options also on the floor. Without Prince you have to capitalize on those 5 of 6 at home to whatever extent keeps you in striking distance for when you have a complete team.

I watched the Cal highlight video of Boyd put together at the end of her senior year. Which isn't enough to judge much. But one thing I noticed on a few occasions she would dribble toward the hoop on the left side and then put up a right handed floater against the grain. There was nothing involving finishing with the left hand, and generally the top point guards are at least functional with the weak hand, if not better than functional. Whalen finishes extraordinarily well with either hand. Becky got much better at it as her career went along. Cruz is even pretty good at finishing with the left hand.

So if she misses layups that might be a reason why. I know Rodgers can't finish with the left hand either, and it definitely contributes toward holding her back. On the plus side, the Liberty have people in place to work with both posts and guards. To whatever extent she is able to improve quickly, the Liberty should be able to maximize whatever her development curve turns out to be.

Just to note, Kamiko Williams started opening night 2013 with less of a resume than Boyd. Anna Cruz started opening night 2014 as an older rookie with pro experience, which proved fruitful. Boyd is probably going to get 15 or so minutes whether she starts or subs, as I don't think Wright is going to play much more than 25 minutes a night. Laimbeer generally lets young players play through mistakes, as long as the mistakes aren't debilitating to the point where the player can't function. This one is going to be interesting as Boyd's rawness:readiness is a pretty high ratio from what multiple people have said. Not to mention Wright still isn't a point guard, regardless of Boyd's readiness. A true damned if you do, damned if you don't scenario.

I don't know if anyone has ever told you this, but you have a pretty good basketball IQ.

PostPosted: 05/25/15 9:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:
NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:

I don't know if anyone has ever told you this, but you have a pretty good basketball IQ.

Definitely agree.

PostPosted: 05/25/15 11:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:

Just to note, Kamiko Williams started opening night 2013 with less of a resume than Boyd.

And how did that work out? Laughing Not sure you really want to make that comparison.

NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:

Anna Cruz started opening night 2014 as an older rookie with pro experience, which proved fruitful.

Here's the difference. Cruz only needed to get the ball into the front court without having her pocket picked or throwing the ball away. Then, she could pass the ball to Cappie or someone like Pierson, who could make a play. Right now, with no Prince, the Liberty point guard is stuck with the ball. Teams will be sagging on Charles, so someone on the perimeter has to initiate the offense. But who is that person? Who on this team other than Prince can create their own shot? Carson and Wiggins used to be able to create, but are they still able? Sugar can, but like Boyd she isn't proficient at finishing or making shots. Is it possible to have an offense that runs on set plays only? I don't think we can expect much from Cash, and Allen at this point is purely a jump-shooter. So, that's the scary thing about the first 10 games, and why I was hoping to see something out of Carson and Wiggins last Friday. All we can do now is hope for positive signs on Wednesday. Otherwise, Boyd or no Boyd, this has the potential to be really ugly.

PostPosted: 05/25/15 11:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Maybe Hopkins. She had a lot of points and assists in Israel (13.8 pts 6.8 ast per game), granted it is Israel, she is the starting PG on that team, has the ball in her hands a lot, and runs the offense. I might be clutching at straws and according to the stats she didn't do much in the first pre-season game, but Chelsea could be a temporary answer to the PG question (I still hope/think Wiggins is going to step up but that also still needs to be proved.)

ClayK

PostPosted: 05/26/15 9:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Brittany Boyd should be popular in NYC because she's physical, tough and fearless.

Brittany Boyd should be unpopular in NYC because she forces passes, shots and drives.

But those are two sides of the same coin -- I think Boyd can be a solid WNBA player, and maybe even a good one if she shoots better, but I think there's going to be a learning curve involved.

PostPosted: 05/26/15 9:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
Brittany Boyd should be popular in NYC because she's physical, tough and fearless.

Brittany Boyd should be unpopular in NYC because she forces passes, shots and drives.

But those are two sides of the same coin -- I think Boyd can be a solid WNBA player, and maybe even a good one if she shoots better, but I think there's going to be a learning curve involved.

I consider this assessment to be encouraging. A player who isn't physical, tough, and fearless isn't likely to become one. But a player who forces passes, shots, and drives can mature and learn to make better decisions.

The thought of a learning curve doesn't bother me, since I don't view the Liberty as a championship contender this season anyway. If Boyd can gradually improve her shooting and decisionmaking over the course of the season, that would be great.

PostPosted: 05/26/15 10:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bob Lamm wrote:
ClayK wrote:

I consider this assessment to be encouraging. A player who isn't physical, tough, and fearless isn't likely to become one. But a player who forces passes, shots, and drives can mature and learn to make better decisions.

It's still a craphoot, though. I mean, Andrea Riley was fearless about letting fly - not a good thing. Briann January is physical and tough, but if she couldn't shoot at least a little from outside she'd be an offensive trainwreck, because her finishing at the rim is consistently poor.

Talking of which, whether anyone can make an outside shot is going to be important for this team this season, trying to keep defenders away from just swamping Charles inside. There's a lot of streaky, occasional outside shooters on the roster; I'm not sure I'd say there are many reliable ones.

PostPosted: 05/26/15 11:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Bob Lamm wrote:
ClayK wrote:

It's still a craphoot, though. I mean, Andrea Riley was fearless about letting fly - not a good thing. Briann January is physical and tough, but if she couldn't shoot at least a little from outside she'd be an offensive trainwreck, because her finishing at the rim is consistently poor.

Talking of which, whether anyone can make an outside shot is going to be important for this team this season, trying to keep defenders away from just swamping Charles inside. There's a lot of streaky, occasional outside shooters on the roster; I'm not sure I'd say there are many reliable ones.

I agree with all of this. Of course the "learning curve" with Boyd may or may not go wonderfully.

Your point about outside shooting is really important. Certainly one of the most crucial issues for the Liberty this season. Perhaps THE most crucial issue. If other teams can swamp Charles, New York is in deep trouble.

It'll also help if some of the Liberty guards can drive past their defenders and make nice dump-off passes down low to Charles and Stokes.

PostPosted: 05/26/15 2:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Who is going to the preseason game tomorrow at MSG?

Happycappie25

PostPosted: 05/26/15 3:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lib Fan wrote:
Who is going to the preseason game tomorrow at MSG?

Us...happy to see this team in action

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 39, 40, 41  Next
Page 25 of 41

Jump to: