Always wanted to do this. Confused

2014 Roster:

Vandersloot/Faulkner
Prince/Quigley
Young/Clements
Delle Donne/Breland/Brandon
Fowles/Goodlett/Gatling

Offseason goals
Need to improve defensively by a wide margin.
Strongly consider putting Prince on the market.
Better offensive playbook.

PostPosted: 09/12/14 10:13 pm    ::: Re: Chicago Sky 2015 Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:
Always wanted to do this. Confused

2014 Roster:

Vandersloot/Faulkner
Prince/Quigley
Young/Clements
Delle Donne/Breland/Brandon
Fowles/Goodlett/Gatling

Offseason goals
Need to improve defensively by a wide margin.
Strongly consider putting Prince on the market.
Better offensive playbook.

Your second point is key. They need to replace Prince.

jlight

PostPosted: 09/12/14 10:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

prince sucked big time this year.....

ChicagoAnnie

PostPosted: 09/12/14 10:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sky were contenders without Prince giving them much. I also think they should consider moving her if they can. Her overseas fatigue hurt Chicago when they needed her most, in the post season.

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 09/12/14 10:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Trade Prince. Just do not give her away like the Cash deal.

The defense can improve by getting rid of the dead weight at the end of the bench. If you have watched the Sky this season then you know what dead weight I am talking about.

Change the offensive schemes that are in place now. The offense has no movement or flow to it. VERY STAGNANT! Mad

PostPosted: 09/12/14 11:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Goodlett, Brandon, and Clements will all almost certainly be gone, and I'd like to, if possible, replace them with players who at least excel at either outside shooting or defense. Loading up on size was a nice idea but that doesn't really mean anything if those players can't do anything, and I'd really like to avoid Fowles playing entire halves without a break because neither 6'5" backup C can get on the court.

I'm not sure about trading Piph. You'd be selling low and our floor spacing is bad enough as it is, that leaves a grand total of two players on the team capable of hitting a three-point shot with any consistency. And who would we be replacing her with? Quigley? Let's not create any more holes for the sake of making a scapegoat out of someone.

There's only so much you can do when your top 3 players miss so many games and either aren't healthy by the end of the season or don't have any chemistry because of so many absences. Just stay healthy. Please!

ChicagoAnnie

PostPosted: 09/12/14 11:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Parker to the Sky for:

Breland and Prince, and a pick

Chicago gets another big that's a legit threat, and can force teams not to double down on Syl down low, or EDD who may be floating around the perimeter.

LA gets another shooter (if Piph gets out her funk), and a good post that did a fine job when Syl was out this year.

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 09/12/14 11:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ChicagoAnnie wrote:
Parker to the Sky for:

Chicago gets another big that's a legit threat, and can force teams not to double down on Syl down low, or EDD who may be floating around the perimeter.

LA gets another shooter (if Piph gets out her funk), and a good post that did a fine job when Syl was out this year.

I would make this trade faster than the speed of light! Laughing

PostPosted: 09/12/14 11:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Prince being traded should be the Sky's #1 priority this offseason. had she showed up for the Finals at least, the Sky would have won tonight and we'd be seeing a Game 4 on Sunday.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
J-Spoon

PostPosted: 09/12/14 11:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Prince is a hard player to trade, not that she isn't good, she has proven that she can be good to very good, but she is coming off a down season, has missed games in the past because of over seas commitments and this year from burn out. Prince is also a player who takes a lot of shots which might nit be a good fit for some teams. So you need to find a team that needs her, wants her and is willing to give up something decent for her. Prince is too good to not get a good piece in return for her, but has enough question marks coming off this season that others won't be willing to give up that good piece for her.

Therefor it is probably in Chicago's best interest to keep her and hope she has a bounce back season next year an continue to build around EDD. Fowles, Prince, Quigley and Sloot.

But I'll give it a shot

Prince to SA for Perkins (I don't think Prince fits with SA but they will need to replace Hammon's offense, and while I think that is going to come from McBride, you could do Prince at the 2 and McBride at the 3 so it almost could work.)

Prince to SA for Young-Malolm

Prince to NY for Carson (I would not do this if I was NY, but NY is a possible trading partner for Prince and Carson if healthy is really all we have to offer since we're not going to trade Pondexter or our 2016 pick for Prince.)

Prince to LA for Herrington and LA's first round pick in 15 #7 I believe.

Prince and #5 to LA for N. Ogwumike (if I'm LA I wouldn't do it, unless there is some unseen tension on LA and one of Parker and Nneka wants out, EDD, N. Ogwumike and Fowles would be pretty sick though.)

I don't think Prince works on most of the other teams IMO maybe Washington or Conn.

Prince and Goodlett to Conn for the #4 pick and Hightower

Last edited by J-Spoon on 09/13/14 12:01 am; edited 1 time in total
#Occasionalwnbafan

PostPosted: 09/12/14 11:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Prince for Diggins, The Sky would have to add something else, 2016 1st round pick?
SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 09/12/14 11:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

#Occasionalwnbafan wrote:
Prince for Diggins, The Sky would have to add something else, 2016 1st round pick?

That trade makes no sense for the Shock.

Shades

PostPosted: 09/12/14 11:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ChicagoAnnie is not listening to Magic. They are going to build around Parker, not trade her for table scraps.

I'll give you a much more realistic trade: Monica Wright for Prince, and since Prince is so obviously terrible, they'd have to throw in a swap of first round picks in 2015. Roger, let's work on this. CHI needs our help.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
ArtBest23

PostPosted: 09/13/14 12:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

#Occasionalwnbafan wrote:

There is not the remotest chance that Tulsa would do that? Why would they even consider it?

Prince is more trouble than she is worth.

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 09/13/14 12:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
Prince is a hard player to trade, not that she isn't good, she has proven that she can be good to very good, but she is coming off a down season, has missed games in the past because of over seas commitments and this year from burn out. Prince is also a player who takes a lot of shots which might nit be a good fit for some teams. So you need to find a team that needs her, wants her and is willing to give up something decent for her. Prince is too good to not get a good piece in return for her, but has enough question marks coming off this season that others won't be willing to give up that good piece for her.

Therefor it is probably in Chicago's best interest to keep her and hope she has a bounce back season next year an continue to build around EDD. Fowles, Prince, Quigley and Sloot.

But I'll give it a shot

Prince to SA for Perkins (I don't think Prince fits with SA but they will need to replace Hammon's offense, and while I think that is going to come from McBride, you could do Prince at the 2 and McBride at the 3 so it almost could work.)

Prince to NY for Carson (I would not do this if I was NY, but NY is a possible trading partner for Prince and Carson if healthy is really all we have to offer since we're not going to trade Pondexter or our 2016 pick for Prince.)

Prince and #5 to LA for N. Ogwumike (if I'm LA I wouldn't do it, unless there is some unseen tension on LA and one of Parker and Nneka wants out, EDD, N. Ogwumike and Fowles would be pretty sick though.)

I don't think Prince works on most of the other teams IMO maybe Washington or Conn.

Prince to Washington for Hill and the #6 pick

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 09/13/14 12:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:

But I'll give it a shot

You seem to think someone will give up something valuable for Prince. If she was that valuable the Sky would keep her.

Nneke? Seriously?

Last edited by ArtBest23 on 09/13/14 12:08 am; edited 1 time in total
J-Spoon

PostPosted: 09/13/14 12:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:

But I'll give it a shot

You seem to think someone will give up something valuable for Prince. If she was that valuable the Sky would keep her.

Nneke? Seriously?

You're using selective reading. The whole first paragraph is about how I think Chicago should keep Prince because they won't get back anything valuable for her in return, and right after I propose the LA trade for Ogwumike which includes Prince and a high first round pick (#5) I state I wouldn't do it if I was LA. I was just throwing out some ideas some of which are more realistic than others, but all coming after I clearly state that Chicago's best bet is to keep Prince and hope for a bounce back season next year.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 09/13/14 12:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:

But I'll give it a shot

Nneke? Seriously?

You're using selective reading. The whole first paragraph is about how I think Chicago should keep Prince because they won't get back anything valuable for her in return, and right after I propose the LA trade for Ogwumike which includes Prince and a high first round pick (#5) I state I wouldn't do it if I was LA. I was just throwing out some ideas some of which are more realistic than others, but all coming after I clearly state that Chicago's best bet is to keep Prince and hope for a bounce back season next year.

Not being selective. I can't imagine a single one of those teams making any of those trades. The Nneke one just jumped out as the most extreme.

The question for me is whether it's addition by subtraction. I think the Sky could be better without her even if they got zero for her. If I was GM, I take what I could get, and if that was nothing, I'd cut her.

PhoenixxLily
I Voted

Location: South Carolina, United States, North America, Earth

PostPosted: 09/13/14 12:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Prince being traded should be the Sky's #1 priority this offseason. had she showed up for the Finals at least, the Sky would have won tonight and we'd be seeing a Game 4 on Sunday.

i hear Leilani Mitchell is basketball homeless.....

Richyyy

PostPosted: 09/13/14 12:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

EuroBasket Women 2015 means Prince may well miss at least a couple of weeks of next season, too. Pushing her immediate trade value even lower.

PostPosted: 09/13/14 12:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
If I was GM, I take what I could get, and if that was nothing, I'd cut her.

Woah, let's not act drunk now.

PostPosted: 09/13/14 12:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If Zellous is free agent next season the Sky should aggressively go after her.

PostPosted: 09/13/14 12:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:

I'm not. I'd find someone else to play the position. That would be my #1 priority. Anyway I could. If that means cutting her and hiring a free agent, so be it.

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 09/13/14 12:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
mavcarter wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:

I'm not. I'd find someone else to play the position. That would be my #1 priority. Anyway I could. If that means cutting her and hiring a free agent, so be it.

They wouldn't have to look too hard for a replacement with Quigley ready to step in. But people can have bad season, Chicago with the good version of Prince is a very good team. Though I have to admit I would look at the take what I could get option as well.

GEF34

PostPosted: 09/13/14 1:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ChicagoAnnie wrote:
Parker to the Sky for:

I don't see why the Sparks would want to trade for Jessica Breland, Nneka Ogwumike and Jantel Lavender are more than capable of holding down the 4 and 5 for the Sparks. That is not meant to be a knock on Jessica Breland, she is a player I enjoy watching, I just don't think she fits in with the Sparks.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40  Next
Page 1 of 40

Jump to: