Seattle Storm 2015
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pilight

PostPosted: 09/10/14 3:51 pm    ::: Seattle Storm 2015 Reply Reply with quote

Since there doesn't appear to be a thread yet

http://www.gopsusports.com/sports/w-baskbl/spec-rel/091014aaa.html

Quote:
Wright, a 2005 graduate, has signed to play in Turkey. Wright just finished her 10th season with the WNBA's Seattle Storm.

Maybe she's not quite ready to retire after all.

PostPosted: 09/10/14 4:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Very good news. Good sign that she isnt going to retire and that she doesnt feel the need to rest because of her knee problems in the past

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
boogiezen

PostPosted: 09/10/14 6:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tank for Stewart.

"Kim Yu-Na. A living, breathing work of art from Korea" - Cam Cole, Vancouver Sun
JACKOWACKO

PostPosted: 09/10/14 9:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'd like them to move on from Wright. She turns the ball over in big spots a lot, and jacks up bad shots.

PostPosted: 09/15/14 10:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Storm 2014 Exit Interviews: Jenna O’Hea played a different role

Quote:
Here’s a conversation with G Jenna O’Hea, who was moved to the power forward position for the first time in her career to help with Seattle’s depleted interior. It was a rocky transition, O’Hea also playing her first season with the Storm where defense was emphasized more than any other time in her four-year WNBA stint. She missed four games due to a toe injury and struggled to hit her signature three-point shot in the midst of the changes. O’Hea, who’s 6-foot-1, was moved back to the wing spot in August when she played her best game against Los Angeles, finishing with a season-high 16 points with four assists and three steals in a loss. O’Hea averaged 4.8 points and 13.4 minutes off the bench.

Quote:
Seattle Times: How difficult was it to switch your playing position?

O’Hea: It was tough. That’s what Brian wanted of me, so I tried my best at it. Toward the end of the season I moved back into the three spot, which I felt a lot more comfortable in. That’s always where I got my shots from, so it felt a lot more natural for me. But I’d like to add (playing inside) to my game. The more versatility the better for me. Now I know what Brian wants of me and I can work on that in the offseason in France. We’ve had chats about that.

Quote:
Q: Where do you stand with the Opals?

O’Hea: They put some policies in place that I couldn’t meet. But the coaches have contacted me, so I still hope to be a part of the national team. Everyone wants to represent their country. Moving forward, I hope I’m called for the Olympics again. It’s really not in my control right now. It might be where I (have to choose between the WNBA and national team) but I’ll cross that bridge when I come to it.

http://blogs.seattletimes.com/womenshoops/2014/09/15/storm-2014-exit-interviews-jenna-ohea-played-a-different-role/

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
scullyfu

PostPosted: 09/16/14 5:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
Very good news. Good sign that she isnt going to retire and that she doesnt feel the need to rest because of her knee problems in the past

or, she's making one last big paycheck before retiring. Wink

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 09/16/14 6:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Will Agler keep the 2015 first round pick or trade it?

PostPosted: 09/16/14 6:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:

See this is IMHO dependent on Wright. If she stays yes you may still take KML but you may trade the pick for a veteran depending on market and make one last crack at the apple.

If wright retires KML is a similar enough player you pick her as a replacement and focus on rebuilding and if things get off to a bad start break out the TNT mid season and move toward rebuilding with stewart or Lloyd.

With LJ more than likely finished, or at least a shell of herself. I'd lean to rebuilding...you got a new CEO, an old roster and a team that has very little going for it...I know many will say you can't do that with agler behind the bench...I agree...but that's where the decision has to start...but I'd keep KML unless a really good veteran comes available.

PostPosted: 09/17/14 8:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:

How about trading the first pick (KML) to CT for Katie Douglas & Ebony Hoffman. Agler likes his broken down vets which Katie fits the bill. And he needs more post help and Ebony is a vet post player that the Sun didn't need last season and won't need this season. Hell, throw Renee Montgomery in the deal. We won't need her next year either. Agler would get three veteran players for an unknown rookie who may not really be in the best shape to make an immediate impact in the WNBA.

myrtle

PostPosted: 09/17/14 11:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:

I vote 'trade' but only if he feels he can get value. Find someone (preferably who has a a top 5 pick) who really really wants KML and is willing to give up a decent piece plus their pick to get her. Kelsey Bone plus #4 might do it. Then he might try to trade #4 for something as well.

Randy

PostPosted: 09/17/14 12:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Seems to me that Agler would wait as long as possible before making a move. If Jackson and Bird are looking fit and ready to go by Draft night, he might make a deal like the Bone+4 trade. If either or both don't look healthy by then seems to me he would want to keep the pick (unless someone was really willing to overpay for it.) KML might be a pretty good player for a rebuilding process - good enough to play well, but not so good as to get you out of the lottery too soon.

Shades

PostPosted: 09/17/14 1:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:

I vote 'trade' but only if he feels he can get value. Find someone (preferably who has a a top 5 pick) who really really wants KML and is willing to give up a decent piece plus their pick to get her. Kelsey Bone plus #4 might do it. Then he might try to trade #4 for something as well.

I think that might be overpaying a bit, and who ends up as your center in Connecticut?

Connecticut doesn't really need KML. They've got another year of Douglas and then Thomas.

Mystics, Liberty (who have nothing to trade but #1 in 2016), and Shock would benefit most from KML.

Hooper + #2 seems like the most obvious trade idea (or Lacey subst for Hooper if he prefers an older player), but even thay might be a little overpriced.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 09/17/14 1:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:

Bone and Lavender are both on my wish list for when we trade that 1st pick. Lavender is my first choice if we cant get her then Bone

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
J-Spoon

PostPosted: 09/17/14 9:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

How about Cambage to Seattle for the #1 pick?

If Tulsa wants more maybe they can get Stricklen thrown in, if Seattle wants more maybe they could get Hooper or Goodrich thrown in.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 09/18/14 12:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:

If Tulsa wants more maybe they can get Stricklen thrown in, if Seattle wants more maybe they could get Hooper or Goodrich thrown in.

But then we dont have a small forward and we lose the only 2 young players that we have. So maybe 1st pick + someone else (Clark, Quinn or Robinson?) But i doubt that Tulsa wants to make that trade

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 09/18/14 12:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:

But then we dont have a small forward and we lose the only 2 young players that we have. So maybe 1st pick + someone else (Clark, Quinn or Robinson?) But i doubt that Tulsa wants to make that trade

How about Cambage and Goodrich for #1 and Clark

Seattle
Bird/TJ/Goodrich (TJ might not be there but they'll need a PG for the near future anyway)
Wright/Quinn
Stricklen/O'Hea
Little/Langhorne/(Jackson who of course starts if she can play at all if not add Robinson)
Cambage/Rolle

I like Cambage in Seattle. I think Seattle is a place where she would show up consistently and if she did the fans would embrace her.

If I'm Tulsa I'm at the point where unless I get a solid multi-year commitment I would just want to move on from her, even if it meant playing against her in the future. Tulsa has a good team now and will only get better in the next few years. (and yes I'm still putting KML at the 3 and hoping her scoring can out weigh her liability on defense)

Sims/#14 pick A. Orrange or Waiver wire, you might be able to survive without a backup with Sims and Diggins or Mitchell
Diggins/Williams
KML/Hooper/Clark
GloJo/TJJ
Paris/#2 pick (William or Harrison)/Baugh

toad455

PostPosted: 09/18/14 4:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I've always liked the thought of Cambage in Seattle. Though it doesn't appear as though Jackson will be back, it's definitely something the Storm should consider. Maybe Cambage could convince Abby Bishop to show up for the Storm also?

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Michelle89

PostPosted: 09/18/14 4:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:

How about Cambage and Goodrich for #1 and Clark

Seattle
Bird/TJ/Goodrich (TJ might not be there but they'll need a PG for the near future anyway)
Wright/Quinn
Stricklen/O'Hea
Little/Langhorne/(Jackson who of course starts if she can play at all if not add Robinson)
Cambage/Rolle

I like Cambage in Seattle. I think Seattle is a place where she would show up consistently and if she did the fans would embrace her.

If I'm Tulsa I'm at the point where unless I get a solid multi-year commitment I would just want to move on from her, even if it meant playing against her in the future. Tulsa has a good team now and will only get better in the next few years. (and yes I'm still putting KML at the 3 and hoping her scoring can out weigh her liability on defense)

Sims/#14 pick A. Orrange or Waiver wire, you might be able to survive without a backup with Sims and Diggins or Mitchell
Diggins/Williams
KML/Hooper/Clark
GloJo/TJJ
Paris/#2 pick (William or Harrison)/Baugh

I dont think Tulsa will give up Cambage though. And certainly not to a West team that is fighting for that playoff spot aswell.But if we can get Cambage for 1st+Clark then i would do that right away Laughing

Shades

PostPosted: 09/26/14 1:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Seattle Times: You have a lot of time off before traveling to Slovakia in mid-October, how are you spending the time?

Langhorne: I’m going to take a month off because I’m big on taking breaks when we have time like this. Then I’m going to start training again in Maryland. And I’ll take a vacation somewhere.

Q: You’ve missed the postseason before with Washington, any insights on Seattle doing the same?

Langhorne: It just sucks because here in Seattle, we always make the playoffs. When I was in D.C., a lot was expected of me, so when I came here, I tried not think too much about that stuff, like Lauren Jackson not coming and filling in and keeping the playoff run going. I just tried to come in and play my game and tried to fit in.

Q: In evaluating the roster, to me, it’s a tricky situation in that everyone is a quality player but perhaps the Storm could have used its draft picks better to plan for the future and not continually hope Lauren returns healthy or think Sue plays long past the 2016 Olympics. Do you feel that’s just the downside to how you’re evaluated or viewed by Storm outsiders?

Langhorne: Yeah. It’s more so, you have to remember in the back of your mind that it’s a business. People say “family” and blah, blah, blah, but it’s a business. If you can you remember that, you won’t get upset if you get traded or stuff like that.

http://blogs.seattletimes.com/womenshoops/2014/09/26/storm-2014-exit-interviews-all-star-crystal-langhorne-filled-a-void-in-the-paint/?syndication=rss

Randy

PostPosted: 09/26/14 1:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That last question in the quote seems like a loaded question: "You think the Storm blew it by not keeping the draft pick because they were hoping that Jackson would someday comeback?" In reading it more closely though, it almost makes no sense.

Her answer didn't really answer it either.

IN fact, the whole interview was almost like a suggestion - wouldn't you have been better off staying in DC?

Shades

PostPosted: 11/07/14 3:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Storm overseas tracker

http://www.wnba.com/storm/players/storm_overseas_1415.html

GEF34

PostPosted: 11/08/14 5:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Once A Bruin, Always A Bruin: The Story of Noelle Quinn

Quote:
“I take so much pride in being a Bruin, and it’s something I really want the current players to feel,” Quinn added. “So when they are finished, they will come back and continue the cycle.”

http://www.uclabruins.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=30500&ATCLID=209754752

pilight

PostPosted: 12/09/14 8:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

http://www.dailyeasternnews.com/2014/12/08/agler-follows-in-his-dads-footsteps/

Quote:
Bryce’s dad, Brian, has been in the coaching ranks at almost every level of basketball since 1984, starting with the Junior College level and now is currently the head coach and General Manager of the WNBA’s Seattle Storm.

PostPosted: 01/04/15 6:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LJ played her 2nd game today Very Happy

She and Abby Bishop lost to Penny Taylor (and Pondexter) and the Rangers in a very tight game 84-89. LJ didnt have a good shooting game. She was 3 of 13 from the field for 10 pts and 8 rebounds but good to see her starting and playing 24 minutes.
Abby was once again on fire with 34 pts (11-17 FG) and 11 rebounds but Penny (30 pts 9-11 FG), Cappie and Macleod were just too much too handle.
http://www.fibalivestats.com/u/wnbl/64567/

Here is an article where LJ tells some more information on the knee injury that she had in China a year ago.
Quote:
She was averaging 22 points and 9.5 rebounds a game when she felt her knee "crack" in a game at the end of January.

After having two weeks off, Jackson aggravated the injury from a jump ball.

"My knee cracked and I couldn't run, I knew it was gone," Jackson said.

"I flew back to Australia straight away, saw the doctor and found out I tore everything in the lateral part of my knee and broke the bone as well.

"The worst thing was they wouldn't sub me out, I've never been in so much pain in my life. It was absolutely shocking."

Quote:
Jackson was on track to represent the Opals at this year's world championships before she re-tore the same knee in May.

She has no regrets, however, about her playing stint in China, knowing it gave her the belief that she was capable of once again being a force on the court.

"It was the season where I came back from my hamstring, I got really fit and I was playing really good basketball," Jackson said. "By the time my knee finally went, I was back to my old self, confident, doing things I hadn't done since I was in my 20s.

"It was important for me to have that experience because I know I can still get there. That was a particular nasty injury.

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/sport/basketball/australian-basketball-star-lauren-jacksons-first-canberra-capitals-game-at-home-in-1779-days-against-dandenong-rangers-20150102-12gtni.html

pilight

PostPosted: 01/13/15 8:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bishop eyes WNBA comeback

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/basketball/abby-bishop-eyes-off-wnba-comeback-and-aroundtheworld-tour-20150113-12mz3u.html

Quote:
Seattle owns the rights to Bishop's contract, but if the club opts not to sign her she will be released to join another franchise.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 1 of 21

Jump to: