RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Official Skylar Diggins 2015 off season thread!!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
#Occasionalwnbafan

PostPosted: 09/04/14 11:52 am    ::: Official Skylar Diggins 2015 off season thread!! Reply Reply with quote

Post news, pictures, and anything related to arguably the leagues third or fourth most recognizable player here!

http://www.fuse.tv/videos/2014/09/t10-skylar-diggins-interview?campaign=scl|twt|fsc

Diggins interview Fusetv.
jammerbirdi

PostPosted: 09/04/14 12:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tread lightly.

PostPosted: 09/04/14 12:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69

PostPosted: 09/04/14 1:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Skylars the newest member of "Rockin' Refuel"

pilight

PostPosted: 09/04/14 2:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I saw the Fuse interview when it happened yesterday. She's everywhere!

PostPosted: 09/04/14 2:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

http://mediatakeout.com/254139/love-and-basketball-2-0-look-which-female-baller-that-kevin-durant-is-trying-to-holla-at-on-instagram.html

Quote:
It looks like NBA baller Kevin Durant has a new love interest, fellow Roc Nation athlete Skylar Diggins.

PostPosted: 09/04/14 2:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
http://mediatakeout.com/254139/love-and-basketball-2-0-look-which-female-baller-that-kevin-durant-is-trying-to-holla-at-on-instagram.html

Quote:
It looks like NBA baller Kevin Durant has a new love interest, fellow Roc Nation athlete Skylar Diggins.

Quote:
the folks at Roc Nation have been trying to hook them up together. The Roc Nation people see a HUGE marketing potential in a possible relationship.

That's exactly it. Contrived, just like the Drake thing most likely was.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
hyperetic

PostPosted: 09/04/14 3:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Did Diggy break up with the beau she had when she graduated?

What happened to this guy?
http://thebiglead.com/2013/05/02/skylar-diggins-has-a-boyfriend/
zune69

PostPosted: 09/04/14 4:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hyperetic wrote:
Did Diggy break up with the beau she had when she graduated?

What happened to this guy?
http://thebiglead.com/2013/05/02/skylar-diggins-has-a-boyfriend/

Skylar and Daniel are still together.Don't believe any of these fake stories.This has always been my problem with Diggins signing to rocnation.The possibility of contrived publicity.

Martini Man

PostPosted: 09/04/14 6:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

She totally bores me to death. She's a pretty face and a decent, yes decent basketball player. There are at least twenty MUCH better more talented players in the WNBA. Let's talk about them and they're achievements instead of feeding into the emense egomaniac Diggins who seems to care more about fake publicity than the love of basketball like the rest of the WNBA players. She's actin like NBA players who think they're the shit when they're not. I guess that's the beginning of the "new" generation style WNBA player. The ones that grew up with the league already in existence. Ones that take professional basketball in the USA for granted. Ones who don't exactly repect the hard work the original players fought to achieve. Diggins is a good player who will undoubtedly get better but she's also a bit of a joke at the same time.

PostPosted: 09/04/14 6:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Martini Man wrote:
She totally bores me to death. She's a pretty face and a decent, yes decent basketball player. There are at least twenty MUCH better more talented players in the WNBA. Let's talk about them and they're achievements instead of feeding into the emense egomaniac Diggins who seems to care more about fake publicity than the love of basketball like the rest of the WNBA players. She's actin like NBA players who think they're the shit when they're not. I guess that's the beginning of the "new" generation style WNBA player. The ones that grew up with the league already in existence. Ones that take professional basketball in the USA for granted. Ones who don't exactly repect the hard work the original players fought to achieve. Diggins is a good player who will undoubtedly get better but she's also a bit of a joke at the same time.

Wasn't she the WNBA's second leading scorer this year? Which gave her more PPG than Diana Taurasi, Candace Parker, Seimone Augustus, Tina Charles and, by God, ANGEL MCCOUGHTRY! Dude, that's no joke.

Last edited by jammerbirdi on 09/04/14 6:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
sigur3

PostPosted: 09/04/14 6:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jammerbirdi wrote:
Martini Man wrote:

Wasn't she the WNBA's second leading scorer this year? Which gave her more PPG than Diana Taurasi, Candace Parker, Seimone Augustus, Tina Charles and, by God, ANGEL MCCOUGHTRY! Dude, that's no joke.

Decent.

Martini Man

PostPosted: 09/04/14 6:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

And yet Taurasi led her team to another finals appearance and will win a bird championship. Diggins hasn't led her team to anything yet. Plus, in the actual skills department, I think Sims is and will be better than Diggins. But that's just my opinion. And of course she scored more points per game than Taurasi. Taurasi doesn't have to shoot 550 or so shots per season. She has others to score. Diggins took around 550 shots this season. Yet they still lost every time. I've seen more than a few times where Diggins took shots while other players were dead open and instead of passing them the ball to share the offense, she jacked em up anyways. 5 assists per game are nothing when you have a big girl like Paris camped directly under the basket for easy layups. She had a decent FG % but she doesn't lead or make her team better like DT.

Plus I was not really saying her play was a joke. I was referring to her life off the court.

PostPosted: 09/04/14 6:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Martini Man wrote:
And yet Taurasi led her team to another finals appearance and will win a bird championship. Diggins hasn't led her team to anything yet. Plus, in the actual skills department, I think Sims is and will be better than Diggins. But that's just my opinion. And of course she scored more points per game than Taurasi. Taurasi doesn't have to shoot 550 or so shots per season. She has others to score. Diggins took around 550 shots this season. Yet they still lost every time. I've seen more than a few times where Diggins took shots while other players were dead open and instead of passing them the ball to share the offense, she jacked em up anyways. 5 assists per game are nothing when you have a big girl like Paris camped directly under the basket for easy layups. She had a decent FG % but she doesn't lead or make her team better like DT.

Plus I was not really saying her play was a joke. I was referring to her life off the court.

Everyone's personal life and how they live it is their business. As long as she is not doing anything illegal she can live her life to please herself and no one else. Cool

PostPosted: 09/04/14 7:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What's going on around here? I thought trollin'/hatin' season didn't start for another fortnight?

Whatever Skylar did last WNBA off-season, she should definitely do again. The results spoke for themselves.

PostPosted: 09/04/14 7:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Martini Man wrote:

When Taurasi was in her second season, she took a ton of shots and watched the playoffs from home, just like Diggins.

PostPosted: 09/04/14 7:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
As long as she is not doing anything illegal she can live her life to please herself and no one else. Cool

And she could do a lot of illegal things before she'd trip my outer wires. Who makes the rules anyway? I think she's coming along as a player pretty quickly for her size and position. Personal lives don't interest me in the slightest unless someone is sick in a medical sense or literally a danger to themselves or those around her. All of which are rare situations.

PostPosted: 09/04/14 7:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
What's going on around here? I thought trollin'/hatin' season didn't start for another fortnight?

Whatever Skylar did last WNBA off-season, she should definitely do again. The results spoke for themselves.

I guess she was drinking a lot of that Rockin' Refuel. Wink

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
root_thing

PostPosted: 09/04/14 7:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Most American players would love to stay in the US near family and friends rather than go overseas to play. However, they don't have the economic opportunities to do so. Diggins apparently does, so why not take advantage? By crossing over beyond the women's basketball world, she could end up making more money, spend more quality time with family and friends, put less wear and tear on her body, as well as train in a more focused manner. Skylar has already shown that she is disciplined enough to work-out on her own without the other activities distracting her.

Overall, it sure sounds preferable to spending all winter in some Russian mining town.

PostPosted: 09/04/14 8:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Martini Man wrote:
And of course she scored more points per game than Taurasi. Taurasi doesn't have to shoot 550 or so shots per season.

Taurasi has done this multiple times. 5 seasons in her career she's taken more shots per 36 than Diggins did in 2014, and I'm guessing Skylar will never eclipse the whopping 20.6 FGA/36 DT did in 2006.

pilight

PostPosted: 09/04/14 9:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/RTZ_wOK0o3a/Richard+Chai+LOVE+Men+Front+Row+Mercedes+Benz/zXFiW2qzgmN/Skylar+Diggins

Quote:
Skylar Diggins and Hannah Simone attend the Richard Chai LOVE & Men's fashion show during Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Spring 2015 at The Salon at Lincoln Center on September 4, 2014 in New York City.

PostPosted: 09/04/14 9:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hannah Simone is supposed to be 5'7" and Skylar is supposed to be 5'9". Confused

Send them both over to my place and we'll get to the bottom of this.

PostPosted: 09/04/14 9:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jammerbirdi wrote:
Hannah Simone is supposed to be 5'7" and Skylar is supposed to be 5'9". Confused

Send them both over to my place and we'll get to the bottom of this.

Its the heels, man. Very Happy
hyperetic

PostPosted: 09/04/14 10:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Martini Man wrote:

1. We talk about any number of players here at Rebkell. Most have their own cheering section. This just happens to be apart of Diggy's.

2. Fake publicity? Hmmm...Many in the advertising world go by the mantra,"All publicity, good or bad, is good publicity". I don't get your point. Why is it fake? Its real enough to bring attention to Diggy herself, RocNation, The Tulsa Shock and the WNBA. Some of the attention is about looks but quite abit is about basketball.

3. Are you of the opinion that Skylar Kierra Diggins does not respect the game of basketball and doesn't put in the effort to be the best she can be? And this somehow sullies all the effort put forth by players that come before her? Wow... I sure hope not, because if so, you've been paying more attention to the hype than the actual player. Diggy is no joke. The joke is on those who don't take her seriously.
chadb

PostPosted: 09/04/14 10:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

You do realize (I'm guessing you don't ) that Diana set the league on fire at over 25 points per game while shooting over 45% from the field and almost 40% from 3. I really don't understand your point.
sigur3 wrote:
Martini Man wrote:
And of course she scored more points per game than Taurasi. Taurasi doesn't have to shoot 550 or so shots per season.

Taurasi has done this multiple times. 5 seasons in her career she's taken more shots per 36 than Diggins did in 2014, and I'm guessing Skylar will never eclipse the whopping 20.6 FGA/36 DT did in 2006.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: