RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Minnesota Lynx 2015
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 23, 24, 25  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
petrel

PostPosted: 02/04/15 11:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Lynx have now signed Nika Barik.

According to Lynx PR: "Prior to being drafted by the Lynx in 2012, Baric played alongside Lynx guard Seimone Augustus with Sparta&K in Russia. #LosLynx"

http://www.wnba.com/lynx/news/lynx-sign-nika-baric__2015_02_04.html?utm_content=Baric+Release+TW&utm_campaign=&utm_source=14499&utm_term=1423066765&utm_medium=Twitter:+minnesotalynx

Jet Jaguar

PostPosted: 02/04/15 11:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

petrel wrote:

According to Lynx PR: "Prior to being drafted by the Lynx in 2012, Baric played alongside Lynx guard Seimone Augustus with Sparta&K in Russia. #LosLynx"

http://www.wnba.com/lynx/news/lynx-sign-nika-baric__2015_02_04.html?utm_content=Baric+Release+TW&utm_campaign=&utm_source=14499&utm_term=1423066765&utm_medium=Twitter:+minnesotalynx

Nika Baric? Really? If she makes the team, she'll take her place on the bench where Lindsey Moore and Nadirah McKennith once sat.

PostPosted: 02/04/15 11:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jet Jaguar wrote:
petrel wrote:

Nika Baric? Really? If she makes the team, she'll take her place on the bench where Lindsey Moore and Nadirah McKennith once sat.

That's the spot they're looking to fill.

I wonder if she was lured over with a guaranteed deal like Rebecca Allen got. It looked like for sure Reeve was scouting PG's (Boyd, Orrange, Logic, Hrynko), so this announcement surprises me if it's a guaranteed deal. Wright moving on maybe, or just not having a current draft pick join the team? Trade the pick or draft all unavailables?

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Richyyy

PostPosted: 02/04/15 12:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

She's a drafted rookie. She signed the rookie scale contract and said she was showing up. The rest of it's just fluff.

PostPosted: 02/04/15 12:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oh, cool. Rebecca Allen is undrafted so the same rules don't apply. Apparently she can be given a guaranteed contract.

It's weird somebody determined to be good enough for a guaranteed deal was overlooked in the draft. What would have been her draft class?

p_d_swanson

PostPosted: 02/04/15 9:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Rebecca Allen is undrafted so the same rules don't apply. Apparently she can be given a guaranteed contract.

No, she can't...

soyouthink

PostPosted: 02/04/15 9:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I assume Bill promised Bec Allen a spot on the opening day roster and not a camp invite like other teams may have put in front of her. I assume if she really disappoints that she could be cut without full payment like any other undrafted rookie.

PostPosted: 02/04/15 10:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

soyouthink wrote:
I assume Bill promised Bec Allen a spot on the opening day roster and not a camp invite like other teams may have put in front of her. I assume if she really disappoints that she could be cut without full payment like any other undrafted rookie.

One of the Aussie articles described it as a guaranteed deal. Is Allen being suckered?

root_thing

PostPosted: 02/04/15 10:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
soyouthink wrote:

One of the Aussie articles described it as a guaranteed deal. Is Allen being suckered?

Like all businesses, if you lie to people it eventually catches up with you. So, if NY promised her a roster spot, I'd expect they will folllow through. Besides, based on what I've seen and how well Allen matches NY's needs (defense and jump-shooter), I think she will easily make the team and be a rotation player.

The reason Allen wasn't drafted is because she had some injury issues that held back her development. Also, remember how young these players are. Allen has a late birthday, so at the time of the 2012 draft she would have been 19 and a half. That's basically a college sophomore.

PostPosted: 02/04/15 10:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The guaranteed deal stuff wasn't a quote from Rebecca it was from the journalist. He may have just got his wires crossed.

I doubt there is any chance she doesn't make the team. The only problem may be if she is injured and needs to be replaced.

PostPosted: 02/04/15 11:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If She plays anything like this Highlight Reel Indicates..Bill Might Have Just Stole A Gem !!

http://youtu.be/4UvDw1SCa4c[url]

PostPosted: 02/05/15 1:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jet Jaguar wrote:
petrel wrote:

once sat? this made me crack up....seriously. Laughing

stever

PostPosted: 02/06/15 8:10 pm    ::: Lynx Re-Sign Nadirah McKenith Reply Reply with quote

http://www.wnba.com/lynx/news/lynx-re-sing-nadirah-mckenith_2015_02_06.html

root_thing

PostPosted: 02/06/15 9:04 pm    ::: Re: Lynx Re-Sign Nadirah McKenith Reply Reply with quote

stever wrote:

The link says "re-sing". Very Happy

PostPosted: 02/06/15 9:40 pm    ::: Re: Lynx Re-Sign Nadirah McKenith Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
stever wrote:

The link says "re-sing". Very Happy

No. Just no. Nadirah is a woman of many talents, but to the best of my knowledge, that is not one of them. Razz

PostPosted: 02/11/15 4:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Minnesota managemaent should make a request to the minnesota starting 5 to take a 5-10k paycut .This would free up room to sign Lavender.Yeah,LA would probably match the offer,but it's worth a shot.

GEF34

PostPosted: 02/11/15 10:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Minnesota managemaent should make a request to the minnesota starting 5 to take a 5-10k paycut .This would free up room to sign Lavender.Yeah,LA would probably match the offer,but it's worth a shot.

Since Maya Moore is the only one who is a free agent, I don't think the Lynx can ask the other 4 to take a pay cut, at least for this year.

zune69

PostPosted: 02/16/15 3:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

wouldn't be surprise to see minnespta trade wright.She's heading into the 6th year of her contract and will become an un-restricted free agent after the season.I'm not sure if the lynx can afford wright or have any interest in paying her the max.Also,Wright may have a desire to be a starter.A Lynx/storm trade would make a lot of sense

Shades

PostPosted: 02/16/15 3:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
wouldn't be surprise to see minnespta trade wright.She's heading into the 6th year of her contract and will become an un-restricted free agent after the season.I'm not sure if the lynx can afford wright or have any interest in paying her the max.Also,Wright may have a desire to be a starter.A Lynx/storm trade would make a lot of sense

As long as it includes 2016's first round pick. Wink

Don't really need Bird as a two year backup plan, and SEA doesn't really have much else of value.

I can see NYL's Carson being on the trade block.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 02/16/15 3:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
wouldn't be surprise to see minnespta trade wright.She's heading into the 6th year of her contract and will become an un-restricted free agent after the season.

Only if her contract happened to be running out.

PostPosted: 02/16/15 4:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
zune69 wrote:
wouldn't be surprise to see minnespta trade wright.She's heading into the 6th year of her contract and will become an un-restricted free agent after the season.

You're right.we have no idea how many years the Minnesota matching offer was for.

MNfan22

PostPosted: 02/16/15 5:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
zune69 wrote:

You're right.we have no idea how many years the Minnesota matching offer was for.

Well we kind of do. (ck Agler's comments from last year)

PostPosted: 02/16/15 9:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wright for Bird would be nice.

MNfan22

PostPosted: 02/16/15 10:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

kojthiabkuv wrote:

No, it wouldn't.

PostPosted: 02/16/15 10:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

MNfan22 wrote:
kojthiabkuv wrote:

No, it wouldn't.

Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 9 of 25

Jump to: