View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 09/02/14 11:28 pm    ::: Minnesota Lynx 2015 Reply Reply with quote

Whalen/Wright
Augustus/White/#11
Moore/(Liston or Jarry)
Brunson/Peters/(Dantas?)
McCarville/Harris

Hoping Harris has her ish together because the Lynx need size. Extremely wishful thinking, I know. Rolle is gone forever. Misstep keeping shorty Taylor over Rolle.

At this point, I'm targeting Hasina Muhammad with the #11 (my mini Bonner/Howard hybrid). p_d will probably quit his job if that happens, because he already hates her cuz I like her, but suck it up.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
kojthiabkuv

PostPosted: 09/02/14 11:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm still heartbroken Shades.. I just can't yet.. but I'll agree with everything you say. Lol.

PhoenixxLily
I Voted

Location: South Carolina, United States, North America, Earth

PostPosted: 09/02/14 11:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

step one: trade Peters, White, and everyone else Reeve insists on using as bench warmers and create an actual bench (of players)

step two: buy Reeve more jackets

kojthiabkuv

PostPosted: 09/02/14 11:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PhoenixxLily wrote:
step one: trade Peters, White, and everyone else Reeve insists on using as bench warmers and create an actual bench (of players)

That's basically everyone...

Shades

PostPosted: 09/02/14 11:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

kojthiabkuv wrote:
I'm still heartbroken Shades.. I just can't yet.. but I'll agree with everything you say. Lol.

Most people will come in here right after the game and feel like blowing the team up. That's silly. 25-9 with all the injuries. That's awesome.
Next year, with no injuries, the Lynx get homecourt throughout.

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 09/02/14 11:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Lynx can still win the Big One if they trade for Cambage by any means necessary. Well maybe not any means but make them an offer that they can not refuse. Just do not offer Whalen, Moore, or Augustus. Wink

PostPosted: 09/02/14 11:37 pm    ::: Re: Minnesota Lynx 2015 Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Whalen/Wright
Augustus/White/#11
Moore/(Liston or Jarry)
Brunson/Peters/(Dantas?)
McCarville/Harris

Hoping Harris has her ish together because the Lynx need size. Extremely wishful thinking, I know. Rolle is gone forever. Misstep keeping shorty Taylor over Rolle.

At this point, I'm targeting Hasina Muhammad with the #11 (my mini Bonner/Howard hybrid). p_d will probably quit his job if that happens, because he already hates her cuz I like her, but suck it up.

Heck, when Reeve cut Lindsey Moore, instead of claiming it was L-Mo's fault the Lynx bench doesn't score any points and sign another PG who, which should've been the surprise of nobody, ended up never, instead of rarely, playing, she could've brought back Rolle instead.

lynxmania

PostPosted: 09/02/14 11:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Peters needs to go. When you are wishing for Amber Harris to be back, you know you are playing like shit. And I am actually looking forward to seeing what Harris will bring next year.

White's gotta go. Taylor's gotta go. Liston most likely's gotta go (depending on Jarry's availability/wanting to come over) I would like for Nadirah to get a training camp with us.

Janel is fine, but I would like to get a decent backup for her. She drives me crazy with some of her shots and passes and her defense.

Whalen
Augustus
Moore
Brunson
McCarville
Wright
Dantas

and the rest:

PostPosted: 09/02/14 11:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
The Lynx can still win the Big One if they trade for Cambage by any means necessary. Well maybe not any means but make them an offer that they can not refuse. Just do not offer Whalen, Moore, or Augustus. Wink

The Lynx don't have anything to offer for Cambage apart from their untouchables, so it's not worth even bothering. Razz

zune69

PostPosted: 09/02/14 11:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Lynx need 1 backup post.I don't trust Harris at all.Would Lynx fans be interested in a Wright for Lavender trade ?

Shades

PostPosted: 09/02/14 11:47 pm    ::: Re: Minnesota Lynx 2015 Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:
Shades wrote:
Whalen/Wright
Augustus/White/#11
Moore/(Liston or Jarry)
Brunson/Peters/(Dantas?)
McCarville/Harris

Heck, when Reeve cut Lindsey Moore, instead of claiming it was L-Mo's fault the Lynx bench doesn't score any points and sign another PG who, which should've been the surprise of nobody, ended up never, instead of rarely, playing, she could've brought back Rolle instead.

Wright coming back so rusty cost Moore's job.
Of course, after the switch, Wright got better so the switch wasn't needed.
Moore didn't show Sloot-like 2nd year improvement, so her days were numbered anyway.

mannman

PostPosted: 09/02/14 11:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PhoenixxLily wrote:

Simply, Reeve has never learned how to effectively use a bench, and I am not certain it would change anything. It is her Achillies Heel. I would keep Dantas, but the one misstep that has hurt the Lynx was drafting Harris, and it still haunts them.

lynxmania

PostPosted: 09/02/14 11:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
The Lynx need 1 backup post.I don't trust Harris at all.Would Lynx fans be interested in a Wright for Lavender trade ?

No. I'm not giving up my best "non-untouchable" guard for her when we have no other guards worth playing.

PostPosted: 09/02/14 11:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:

The Lynx don't have anything to offer for Cambage apart from their untouchables, so it's not worth even bothering. Razz

Well with that being said I guess Minnesota better get used to looking UP the next several years. Very Happy

PostPosted: 09/02/14 11:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mannman wrote:
PhoenixxLily wrote:

Simply, Reeve has never learned how to effectively use a bench, and I am not certain it would change anything. It is her Achillies Heel. I would keep Dantas, but the one misstep that has hurt the Lynx was drafting Harris, and it still haunts them.

Drafting Harris instead of Lavendar? Harris was seen as a can't-miss back then. Harris sounds like she wants to turn things around, so my fingers are crossed. She was at Game #2, so the Lynx are still looking after her.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 09/03/14 12:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

While you always have to try to move forward and improve as a general team, just trying to build the back end of the roster to help beat Phoenix seems likely to be a major part of their thinking. The thing is, I'm not sure there's much point in signing someone like, say, Krystal Thomas to sit on the bench in a lot of games but play decent minutes when they need her to guard Griner (and maybe other bigs like Cambage, Fowles, Charles etc.). Because if Reeve doesn't develop general comfort in using her and integrating her into the rotation, she won't use her at all, and then there's no point.

But if they make that one slightly surprising veteran free agent addition this year (the Erin Thorn, Tan White move), then I'd expect it to be a big with actual size. Problem is that those players don't tend to become available until they're basically washed up.

PostPosted: 09/03/14 1:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Basic plan bring back Harris and Jarry to replace Taylor and Liston. Draft a point or combo guard at #11, bring back Foggie and have Foggie, McKenith and the #11 pick fight it out for the last spot. Pretty much what Shades is suggesting.

Trying to make some bigger moves

M. Wright and #11 to Seattle for #1 (KML) and Rolle (Seattle can then use Stricklen and or the #11 pick to trade for a post, Stricklen and #11 to LA for Lavender for example)

Dev Peters and T. White to Indiana for #6 (Banham) and Kizer (Indy would then have Peters and Anchonwa and probably wouldn't need Kizer, and White can return to Indy as a vet/energy player off the bench) Minny can throw in Taylor/McKenith or Liston if it helps get it done.

Harris and 2nd round pick to NY for A. Montgomery (I know Shades but give it a chance, it could work KML replaces Wrights offense and Montgomery replaces Wrights defense.)

Bring back Jarry

Whalen/Banham
Augustus/KML
Moore/A. Montgomery/Jarry
Brunson/Kizer
McCarville/Dantas/Rolle

Shades

PostPosted: 09/03/14 1:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
Basic plan bring back Harris and Jarry to replace Taylor and Liston. Draft a point or combo guard at #11, bring back Foggie and have Foggie, McKenith and the #11 pick fight it out for the last spot. Pretty much what Shades is suggesting.

M. Wright and #11 to Seattle for #1 (KML) and Rolle (Seattle can then use Stricklen and or the #11 pick to trade for a post, Stricklen and #11 to LA for Lavender for example)

Dev Peters and T. White to Indiana for #6 (Banham) and Kizer (Indy would then have Peters and Anchonwa and probably wouldn't need Kizer, and White can return to Indy as a vet/energy player off the bench) Minny can throw in Taylor/McKenith or Liston if it helps get it done.

Harris and 2nd round pick to NY for A. Montgomery (I know Shades but give it a chance, it could work KML replaces Wrights offense and Montgomery replaces Wrights defense.)

Bring back Jarry

Whalen/Banham
Augustus/KML
Brunson/Kizer
McCarville/Dantas/Rolle

I really question KML as a guard. I don't think the Lynx would trade for Rolle. That would be a little too embarrassing.

Liston is not going to be given away when just about every team says they need three point shooting.

Jarry and Liston had very similar rookie seasons, both having a couple good games mid-season and then they disappeared as the season ended. Liston had it rougher than Jarry since there were few to none blowout games where the deep bench could get some minutes. We'll see how Jarry looks in the WC, but I think Liston might have the edge because of her sharpshooting.

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 09/03/14 2:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:

Bring back Jarry

Whalen/Banham
Augustus/KML
Brunson/Kizer
McCarville/Dantas/Rolle

I really question KML as a guard. I don't think the Lynx would trade for Rolle. That would be a little too embarrassing.

Liston is not going to be given away when just about every team says they need three point shooting.

Jarry and Liston had very similar rookie seasons, both having a couple good games mid-season and then they disappeared as the season ended. Liston had it rougher than Jarry since there were few to none blowout games where the deep bench could get some minutes. We'll see how Jarry looks in the WC, but I think Liston might have the edge because of her sharpshooting.

Are there any other players out there you think might be a nice fit with Minny for not too high of a price?

I know you were a fan of Achonwa (if healthy) would you consider Wright and #11 for Achonwa and #6 (I'm still trying to get you Banham).

are there any posts in this year draft you would like at #3 or #4? I'm sure those picks are on the market.

I still think Minny is fine the way it is, but getting a new younger building block wouldn't be the worst move.

Is there anyone from the starters you would move if something juicy came along?

p_d_swanson

PostPosted: 09/03/14 3:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
At this point, I'm targeting Hasina Muhammad with the #11 (my mini Bonner/Howard hybrid).

If Muhammad is a mix of DeWanna Bonner and Natasha Howard, then she's a top-five pick...

FS02

PostPosted: 09/03/14 4:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

You never win anything by standing still. So you still have the big three--Whalen Moore and Augustus--but anyone outside of that should be fair game.

PostPosted: 09/03/14 7:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wild idea, since Nneka may be in the trading block

Draft day trade...Wright, Brunson and the 2015 1st (Minnesota picks for LA) for Nneka and Herrington (or rights to Hamson or something else)

LA needs to shake it up a bit, and try Parker/Brunson front line. Wright can finally start, has shown she can handle the ball a bit, defend, etc. She (Wright) has put up solid number as a starter.

Minnesota might be giving up to much, though I'm not sure. The 2015 1st most likely won't make the roster, or will be the 11-12th player. Brunson will be 33 next year, and she relies heavily on athleticism. I'm not sure if she has more than 2 good years left. As long as MN has Moore, they will be a playoff team. Whalen is 32, she will probably still be elite for AT LEAST another 2 years, and still good afterwards. Augustus is only 30, and her game doesn't rely too much on athleticism. She can still shoot when she's 34-35, so she will be good for a long time. Minnesota won't be in the lottery anytime soon and won't be getting any lottery picks/good young talent...I say roll the dice now, and grab an all-star to pair with Moore after Whalen/Augustus decline in 3-4 years. Once Brunson declines, they will be too good to be a lottery team, but I don't see them as title contenders without an all-star post (though Dantas is still young and has potential).

Minnesota can then use the 2016 pick as another trade asset to get something else...Cambage, would be great, but probably a pipe dream. Maybe try to snag Alison Hightower away from Conn? She was an all-star 2 years ago. She will be a solid guard off the bench and play Wright's role if the trade above materializes.

zune69

PostPosted: 09/03/14 8:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Lynx screwed up by not drafting Hamson/Ndour in last years draft.Six players the Lynx should go after are:

chante black
Quanitra Hollingsworth
Latoya Pringle
Megan Freezee
Sharnee Zoll
Victoria Dunlap

Trading Brunson would be idiotic imo.She's been a big key to the lynx success the last 4 years.It's not like she's a weak link.

caune

PostPosted: 09/03/14 9:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sammieee wrote:
Wild idea, since Nneka may be in the trading block

Only place Nneka is on the trading block is on this board Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: 09/03/14 9:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
The Lynx screwed up by not drafting Hamson/Ndour in last years draft.Six players the Lynx should go after are:

chante black
Quanitra Hollingsworth
Latoya Pringle
Megan Freezee
Sharnee Zoll
Victoria Dunlap

Ndour didn't want to come to Minnesota or else she wouldn't have lied about her availability. What did you see in Ndour this year that impressed you?
I don't see Pringle as much of an upgrade over Taylor. The rest of your list is desperate ish.

zune69 wrote:
Trading Brunson would be idiotic imo.She's been a big key to the lynx success the last 4 years.It's not like she's a weak link.

When you need balanced scoring against a team like PHX she becomes a bit of a liability. She relies a lot on that 15 ft set shot that seemed really off this year.

Last edited by Shades on 10/11/14 2:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 1 of 25

Jump to: