RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

LA Sparks 2015
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 35, 36, 37  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChicagoAnnie

PostPosted: 03/02/15 11:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I have a cool crisp $100 bill to any Sparks charity if Agler can make Candace consistently outlet to a PG to start a fast break this season. Laughing

babycoop09

PostPosted: 03/05/15 11:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PG: Phillips/Toliver(Wiggins)
SG: Beard/Wiggins/Babkina 
SF: Parker/Abdi 
PF: Ogwumike/Gruda 
C: Lavender/Hamson/Tolo

Draft the best available guard/forward. Nneka can play small forward on defense.

jap

PostPosted: 03/06/15 8:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ChicagoAnnie wrote:
I have a cool crisp $100 bill to any Sparks charity if Agler can make Candace consistently outlet to a PG to start a fast break this season. Laughing

I've got news for you---Candace sincerely believes that SHE is the PG! Twisted Evil

All kidding aside, it is a wonderful changeup to see a PF/C playing point from time to time. Only Elena can duplicate what CP3 does, and even she isn't as fast as Candace. The real danger is having Candace dribbling relatively high with all these small guards ready to swipe at the ball with their lower centers of gravity.

Until we actually get a better ball handler than Candace herself (or a stronger coach), stay tuned for more coast to coast point center action.

PostPosted: 03/06/15 9:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jap wrote:
ChicagoAnnie wrote:

I've got news for you---Candace sincerely believes that SHE is the PG! Twisted Evil

All kidding aside, it is a wonderful changeup to see a PF/C playing point from time to time. Only Elena can duplicate what CP3 does, and even she isn't as fast as Candace. The real danger is having Candace dribbling relatively high with all these small guards ready to swipe at the ball with their lower centers of gravity.

Until we actually get a better ball handler than Candace herself (or a stronger coach), stay tuned for more coast to coast point center action.

Oh gosh, I cannot agree with you more to watch a C/F play guard. That is so exciting to watch. Candace can do that. I cannot sit in my seat when I see EDD play guard. It is fun to watch.
Watch the tapes of EDD playing the Lynx with the score 76 to 79 with seconds to play and EDD hitting a last second shot to tie the game in regulation. Also watch EDD's play in the 4th qtr in the playoffs against Atlanta last year. That is what is so exciting watching women play basketball.
Candace plays the same way and brings in people to watch the WNBA.

IM in OC

PostPosted: 03/06/15 11:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Marianna Tolo sustained some sort of injury while playing for her France Team Tango Bourges.

I saw the team signed Lauren Hodges, from Australia.

After a time abandoned the different tracks of recruits to replace Danielle Adams, President Pierre Fosset and his staff have decided to finalize the recruitment Laura Hodges following the recent injury Marianna Tolo.

http://www.tangobourgesbasket.com/laura-hodges-signe-au-tango-bourges-basket-pour-la-fin-de-saison/

Also saw it tweeted on an Aussie Hoops tweet
Pick n Roll Oz Hoops @OzBallPnR · 12h 12 hours ago
Aussie Laura Hodges has signed with Bourges in France to replace the injured Marianna Tolo #AussieHoops

hangtyme24

PostPosted: 03/09/15 5:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Another week has passed and we still haven't re-signed Lavender. Not too surprised that Wiggins was picked up by NY either. Wish her the best except against us lol. The writing was pretty much on the wall after the signings of Phillips, Beard, Babkina and Dabovic to go along with Kriti in the backcourt. We still need a capable small forward, and unfortunately this draft is thin at that position as well so we'll see what Penny and company has in store for the rest of he offseason. Anyone knows how series Tolo's injury is?

PostPosted: 03/09/15 5:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hangtyme24 wrote:
Another week has passed and we still haven't re-signed Lavender. Not too surprised that Wiggins was picked up by NY either. Wish her the best except against us lol. The writing was pretty much on the wall after the signings of Phillips, Beard, Babkina and Dabovic to go along with Kriti in the backcourt. We still need a capable small forward, and unfortunately this draft is thin at that position as well so we'll see what Penny and company has in store for the rest of he offseason. Anyone knows how series Tolo's injury is?

I have a feeling the Sparks will draft lead guard with the first round pick. If you want to draft SF, how about Cierra Burdick with the second round pick?

If you want a sharp shooting SF (who had their best game against the Sparks, BTW), how about a trade package of Liston and Peters for Lavender? BTW, Peters and Liston share the same agent with Lisa Leslie. Helps facilitate such a deal??

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
mavcarter
#NATC

PostPosted: 03/09/15 5:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
How about a trade package of Liston and Peters for Lavender?

Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 03/09/15 5:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
how about a trade package of Liston and Peters for Lavender?

Shades

PostPosted: 03/09/15 5:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Man, people really don't appreciate Peters.

Instead of mocking, can you come up with a plausible trade that would be better? The key word is "plausible".

zune69

PostPosted: 03/09/15 5:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

Instead of mocking, can you come up with a plausible trade that would be better? The key word is "plausible".

O'hea.Johnson & #1 or 3 pick for Lavender & 2015 #1st rd pick

I have a nice trade....Mcbride & Appel for Lavender & 2015 1st rd pick.

I still believe Lavender will sign with LA after the season ends in poland.

Last edited by zune69 on 03/09/15 6:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
hangtyme24

PostPosted: 03/09/15 6:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

Its not that we dont appreciate Peters, its just that that proposal helps Minnesota more than LA. I mean Peters is good and Liston has potential, but pf (which Peters plays) is covered. We already have a logjam at the post and Liston is slow and cant really guard anyone on the perimeter! Plus if we trade Lavender CP3 has to slide over to center again or Tolo or Hamson would have to start and I dont think thats the best thing to do. If we must trade Lavender, I'd rather trade her for Carson and Tolbert or Wright and Peters. Some type of proven talent, NOT TRICA LISTON. Not a knock on Liston but I dont want her in LA. Could we use her, yes, do we want her? I'd pass!

PostPosted: 03/09/15 6:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Shades wrote:

O'hea.Johnson & #1 or 3 pick for Lavender & 2015 #1st rd pick

I have a nice trade....Mcbride & Appel for Lavender & 2015 1st rd pick.

I still believe Lavender will sign with LA after the season ends in poland.

I hope JLav isn't going anywhere either but if we HAD to trade her I like McBride and Appel for Lavender and our first rounder best!

PostPosted: 03/09/15 6:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hangtyme24 wrote:
Its not that we dont appreciate Peters

We? I'm pretty sure you're speaking for yourself. Smile

hangtyme24 wrote:
If we must trade Lavender, I'd rather trade her for Carson and Tolbert

Tolbert is proven in the WNBA? Okaaaay.....Carson needs to be re-proven. I'd be surprised if Laimbeer didn't go for this trade.

hangtyme24 wrote:
or Wright and Peters. Some type of proven talent, NOT TRICA LISTON. Not a knock on Liston but I dont want her in LA. Could we use her, yes, do we want her? I'd pass!

I don't think Lavender is that proven, or there would be no consideration to trade her. I want her just for the chemistry she showed with Whalen during World camps. Did you realize Liston is shooting 48% from FIBA three overseas? Don't need that? Okay, we'll keep that.

How about Wright straight up? I don't think the Lynx would go for it, because when they achieve a formula that works (and Wright is a part of that formula), they don't want to sway much from that formula.

hangtyme24

PostPosted: 03/09/15 7:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
hangtyme24 wrote:

hangtyme24 wrote:

Tolbert is proven in the WNBA? Okaaaay.....Carson needs to be re-proven. I'd be surprised if Laimbeer didn't go for this trade.

hangtyme24 wrote:
or Wright and Peters. Some type of proven talent, NOT TRICA LISTON. Not a knock on Liston but I dont want her in LA. Could we use her, yes, do we want her? I'd pass!

I don't think Lavender is that proven, or there would be no consideration to trade her. I want her just for the chemistry she showed with Whalen during World camps. Did you realize Liston is shooting 48% from FIBA three overseas? Don't need that? Okay, we'll keep that.

How about Wright straight up? I don't think the Lynx would go for it, because when they achieve a formula that works (and Wright is a part of that formula), they don't want to sway much from that formula.

I never said Tolbert was proven, I'd just rather have Carson and Talbert opposed to Peters and Liston. And while I said I didnt want her on the team, I did say we could use her.
Lavender not proven? Lol that's laughable. She'd start on almost every W team, including yours. If we didnt have CP3 and Nneka her numbers would def. be better. And great for Liston shooting lights out oversees! I hope she can get on the court this season to continue that good shooting this summer

PostPosted: 03/09/15 7:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hangtyme24 wrote:
Shades wrote:
hangtyme24 wrote:

hangtyme24 wrote:

hangtyme24 wrote:

I never said Tolbert was proven, I'd just rather have Carson and Talbert opposed to Peters and Liston. And while I said I didnt want her on the team, I did say we could use her.
Lavender not proven? Lol that's laughable. She'd start on almost every W team, including yours. If we didnt have CP3 and Nneka her numbers would def. be better. And great for Liston shooting lights out oversees! I hope she can get on the court this season to continue that good shooting this summer

Not proven enough to demand both Peters and Wright.

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 03/09/15 8:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm trying to come up with a trade with Indy, what about

Lavender for Larkins and the #6 pick

Indy can add some true size at center, and Larkins can come off the bench and play alongside Parker or Ogwumike depending on the line up, or you can play a big line up with all three on the floor, Larkins physical play might rub off on Parker, and LA can use the #6 pick on Harrison if she is still available for the future and the #7 pick on Boyd or Orrange as a back up PG.

LA

Phillips/Boyd or Orrange
Toliver/Babkina
Beard/Abdi/Dabovic
Ogwumike/Larkins
Parker/Tolo/Hamson

hangtyme24

PostPosted: 03/09/15 8:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
I'm trying to come up with a trade with Indy, what about

Lavender for Larkins and the #6 pick

Indy can add some true size at center, and Larkins can come off the bench and play alongside Parker or Ogwumike depending on the line up, or you can play a big line up with all three on the floor, Larkins physical play might rub off on Parker, and LA can use the #6 pick on Harrison if she is still available for the future and the #7 pick on Boyd or Orrange as a back up PG.

LA

Phillips/Boyd or Orrange
Toliver/Babkina
Beard/Abdi/Dabovic
Ogwumike/Larkins
Parker/Tolo/Hamson

If the trio of Hamby, Harrison and Boyd were guaranteed to be around at 6 & 7 I'd make that trade. Although undersized, Larkins would bring that interior toughness we've been lacking. She could be our 2015 TOT Byears lol.

PostPosted: 03/09/15 8:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I still think they sign Lavender with Wiggins going to NY. Parker starts at SF.

PG: Phillips/draft pick
SG: Beard/Toliver/Babkina or Dabovic
PF: Ogwumike/Greene

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
jap

PostPosted: 03/09/15 10:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:

Posters are still listing Farhiya Abdi as though she will be available in 2015. Isn't she committed to her Swedish national team for this summer? I recall her saying words to that effect months ago, and I haven't heard anything different since.

PostPosted: 03/10/15 3:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jap wrote:
toad455 wrote:

Posters are still listing Farhiya Abdi as though she will be available in 2015. Isn't she committed to her Swedish national team for this summer? I recall her saying words to that effect months ago, and I haven't heard anything different since.

She could come over after the season, I did read she plans on playing in EuroBasket Women 2015, but it didn't mention what her plans were after the tournament, so she could be an option for the Sparks after the tournament.

As with at least 3 other players listed above she could be planning to miss part of the season.

I haven't heard any information on her plans as well as Kristi Toliver and Elina Babkina, both played in the Qualification for EuroBasket Women 2015 and Ana Dabovic who played in the World Championships. My guess is all 3 plan on playing after the tournament since 2 just signed and I don't see Kristi skipping the WNBA season this year. or the 2 who just signed may be skipping the tournament with the blessing of their national team programs. (Though I'd guess that's not the case since this is the main qualification for the Olympics)

jap

PostPosted: 03/10/15 3:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GEF34 wrote:
She could come over after the season, I did read she plans on playing in EuroBasket Women 2015, but it didn't mention what her plans were after the tournament, so she could be an option for the Sparks after the tournament.

If Farhiya does, in fact, play after the tournament, it will be interesting to see how well she has progressed since last season. Last season she came in muscled up to 180 pounds and had obviously been a tutee in Alana's school of defense. At a legit 6'2", she has a legit SF frame and possesses good shooting range, although she needs to get more consistent and more aggressive. Besides, 'Mother' Nneka is doing a better job than any other teammate at getting her acclimated to living in the USA.

Last edited by jap on 03/22/15 11:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 03/10/15 10:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sign and trade of Lavender to NY for NY #1 pick in 2016 when they are allowed to trade it makes sense to me. That's if LA can wait till draft day 2015 to do a sign and trade. Not sure if there's a time frame limit. If allowed, it would mean they're not trading with a rival. They'd also be getting potentially a decent first round pick if NY suffers any injuries. For NY I think it's also viable because if they do stay healthy and mesh that's a good core for the next several years. Risk/reward potential for each side.

PostPosted: 03/11/15 12:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
Sign and trade of Lavender to NY for NY #1 pick in 2016 when they are allowed to trade it makes sense to me. That's if LA can wait till draft day 2015 to do a sign and trade. Not sure if there's a time frame limit. If allowed, it would mean they're not trading with a rival. They'd also be getting potentially a decent first round pick if NY suffers any injuries. For NY I think it's also viable because if they do stay healthy and mesh that's a good core for the next several years. Risk/reward potential for each side.

BINGO.... Someone give that man a prize. Wink

PostPosted: 03/12/15 1:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:

I wouldn't make that trade. Unless Jantel Lavender demands a trade to the Liberty, the risk is not worth the reward in this specific trade.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 35, 36, 37  Next
Page 17 of 37

Jump to: