RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

LA Sparks 2015
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36, 37  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CompSci87

PostPosted: 08/08/15 2:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Another great autocorrect-generated nickname: Brian Angular.

jap

PostPosted: 08/08/15 4:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CompSci87 wrote:
Another great autocorrect-generated nickname: Brian Angular.

Crap!!! I never even noticed that! That's too much power for a spell checker. It is supposed to only suggest corrections---not pretend it knows what the hell you're talking about. Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: 08/08/15 5:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Autocorrect is the first stage of the machines taking over. It's going to get a lot worse.....

Razz

jlight

PostPosted: 08/08/15 5:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sparks fans ya'll overreacting...if you win 2 games in row that does not mean yo team will win the ship...it means yo team will make the play-offs. phx beat minny twice and their fans ain't saying shit becuase they all know they ain't wining shit this yr.. make sure ya'll make the play offs then will talk..

jlight

PostPosted: 08/08/15 5:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hangtyme24 wrote:
jlight wrote:
no lie tho sparks look good but the last three yr they being looking good and look what happened yr after yr..

You're so right. I haven't seen LA share the ball like this since forever. Don't hate me for overreacting, but I think LA takes this one. I think Beard is the key. If she continues to play this way on both sides of the ball LA wins. Nneka and KT has also improved defensively. Im going LA!!

i won't hate matter fact i love it..i love when fans think their team can beat DOSLynx..

Michelle89

PostPosted: 08/08/15 5:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jlight wrote:
sparks fans ya'll overreacting...if you win 2 games in row that does not mean yo team will win the ship...it means yo team will make the play-offs. phx beat minny twice and their fans ain't saying shit becuase they all know they ain't wining shit this yr.. make sure ya'll make the play offs then will talk..

Who is saying that they are winning a championship? Looks to me like you are the one overreacting Wink

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
jlight

PostPosted: 08/08/15 5:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jap wrote:
jlight wrote:
no lie tho sparks look good but the last three yr they being looking good and look what happened yr after yr..

Perhaps you need to cease looking at the past and observe what is going in front of you right now. This is the very first time the WNBA has seen a 100% healthy Candace Parker, fully rejuvenated and obviously in great spirits. She has bought into Brian's system and is learning that solid, aggressive defense can serve to generate offense, especially of the fast break variety. She is doing even more of the things she was doing when she first arrived at LA, namely every damn thang! She is filling up the statistics column like no one else has every done before. And she is the focal point of the LA attack.

Forget about what they did in the past because they what they did back then doesn't hold a candle to what is unfolding before our eyes now. There is no Boss Ross to give up on. Instead you have Cool Hand Brian who has kept them positive when many teams would have surrendered their collective spirits. He kept encouraging and teaching when they were hurt & partially staffed and they are starting to reap the benefits now that they are almost fully healthy. They are primed & ready to listen to anything & everything he has to say now.

This game is one of the few I had mentally circled since the all-star break. A win in Minny (and/or Phoenix) would serve two purposes: [1] place doubt in the minds of Minny (Phoenix) players that their home court "advantage" is really an advantage and [2] encourage the Sparks to realize that they have a solid chance of winning anywhere so an opponent's home court "edge" is neutralized.

I hold no illusions about Candace winning the MVP award with only a half season of play to come. I only desire that she perform like the unofficial MVP of the second half of this season and the MVP of the playoffs. This is probably the very first Sparks' team that is truly hers. They may not get it done this season, but I fully expect them to terrorize a lot of teams before this season is through.

lol you funny jap..shit ain't happening this yr or next yr for that matter..

jlight

PostPosted: 08/08/15 5:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
jlight wrote:

Who is saying that they are winning a championship? Looks to me like you are the one overreacting Wink

am not, but they writing these posts like they finna win the all thing..i though you were on my side michelle Wink

jap

PostPosted: 08/08/15 6:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jlight wrote:
jap wrote:
jlight wrote:

Perhaps you need to cease looking at the past and observe what is going in front of you right now. This is the very first time the WNBA has seen a 100% healthy Candace Parker, fully rejuvenated and obviously in great spirits. She has bought into Brian's system and is learning that solid, aggressive defense can serve to generate offense, especially of the fast break variety. She is doing even more of the things she was doing when she first arrived at LA, namely every damn thang! She is filling up the statistics column like no one else has every done before. And she is the focal point of the LA attack.

Forget about what they did in the past because they what they did back then doesn't hold a candle to what is unfolding before our eyes now. There is no Boss Ross to give up on. Instead you have Cool Hand Brian who has kept them positive when many teams would have surrendered their collective spirits. He kept encouraging and teaching when they were hurt & partially staffed and they are starting to reap the benefits now that they are almost fully healthy. They are primed & ready to listen to anything & everything he has to say now.

This game is one of the few I had mentally circled since the all-star break. A win in Minny (and/or Phoenix) would serve two purposes: [1] place doubt in the minds of Minny (Phoenix) players that their home court "advantage" is really an advantage and [2] encourage the Sparks to realize that they have a solid chance of winning anywhere so an opponent's home court "edge" is neutralized.

I hold no illusions about Candace winning the MVP award with only a half season of play to come. I only desire that she perform like the unofficial MVP of the second half of this season and the MVP of the playoffs. This is probably the very first Sparks' team that is truly hers. They may not get it done this season, but I fully expect them to terrorize a lot of teams before this season is through.

As I indicated before, the "Beat LA!!!" fans will think I'm nuts, but the longterm LA fans are starting to feel something special is happening here.

I saw something like this once before where the worst football team in the NFL the previous year made a few key trades and put everything together to have one of the most magical seasons together, winning the Super Bowl. They went from the NFL's worst team to the NFL's best in the space of two seasons. The difference is that the Sparks are seeking to go from Worst to First within the same season! Maybe I'm just dreaming, but I sure as hell wanna see this particular dream play out before I call it a wakeful mirage. Laughing

#NATC

PostPosted: 08/08/15 7:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

From the moment the rosters were complete I thought LA had a heap of potential and should be a contender, so I don't think you're nuts at all.

BEAT LA!!! BEAT LA!!!

PostPosted: 08/08/15 8:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jap wrote:
jlight wrote:
jap wrote:
jlight wrote:

As I indicated before, the "Beat LA!!!" fans will think I'm nuts, but the longterm LA fans are starting to feel something special is happening here.

I saw something like this once before where the worst football team in the NFL the previous year made a few key trades and put everything together to have one of the most magical seasons together, winning the Super Bowl. They went from the NFL's worst team to the NFL's best in the space of two seasons. The difference is that the Sparks are seeking to go from Worst to First within the same season! Maybe I'm just dreaming, but I sure as hell wanna see this particular dream play out before I call it a wakeful mirage. Laughing

Smile

SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 08/08/15 8:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jlight wrote:
jap wrote:

Smile

Is jap saying the Atlanta Dream are going to become the next WNBA dynasty? Mad Mad Mad

jap

PostPosted: 08/08/15 8:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:
jlight wrote:
jap wrote:

Smile

Is jap saying the Atlanta Dream are going to become the next WNBA dynasty? Mad Mad Mad

Atlanta has absolutely nothing to do with my dreams. Wink

PostPosted: 08/08/15 8:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

nm

PostPosted: 08/09/15 6:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jlight wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
jlight wrote:

am not, but they writing these posts like they finna win the all thing..i though you were on my side michelle Wink

They might not win the championship but i think the Sparks out of all the West teams(yes also Phoenix) will face the biggest challenge for the Lynx in the playoffs.

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
zune69

PostPosted: 08/09/15 7:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Before candace announced her vacation I picked the sparks to be a contender for the title with their only drawback being the small forward position.However,some sparks fans need to calm the f*** down.LA has won four consecutive games against teams that are in transition or missing players due to injury or suspension.

It would be embarrassing/funny if LA got the 3rd seed and phoenix knocked them out in the 1st rd without Taurasi or Taylor.

Libra_Girl

PostPosted: 08/09/15 9:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jlight wrote:

Wait how are gonna you be so disrespectful to us in a LA Sparks thread?After losing to two teams that are tanking I'll be in my feelings too so I understand. Let me save your post in just in case LA wins something of importance this season.

jap

PostPosted: 08/09/15 1:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Libra_Girl wrote:
jlight wrote:

Wait how are gonna you be so disrespectful to us in a LA Sparks thread?After losing to two teams that are tanking I'll be in my feelings too so I understand. Let me save your post in just in case LA wins something of importance this season.

Disrespectful? I see him/her as being mostly nervous that the expectations of a Los Lynx season ending celebration may have been too hasty. Jilight keeps accusing me of predicting an LA championship when I am only basking in the glow of their stunning revival. Was my "I Have A Dream" speech really so threatening? Laughing

Phoenix is breathing down Minny backs, and a Sparks' victory today would vault the New York Liberty into the lead as the team with the best overall win/loss record and home court advantage throughout the playoffs . . . for the moment. Things nowadays are certainly quite fluid as teams jockey for seeding positions. Granted, 'Mone is not back as yet, but the Sparks know 'Mone, and we can be sure Brian has extensive notes on her and all the Minny players.

Back in 2013 virtually every time the Sparks played Minny, Ace was the best player in the floor. Unfortunately, at times she was playing mostly by herself offensively---like during the 2013 playoffs vs Minny. This time she has even more enthusiasm and her teammates are playing with her and feeding off her as she, in turn, feeds off them. This is the first team I have ever seen that is truly suited to her skill set, and I wanna see how it all plays out, especially tonight! Here's too much more hair pulling and coat flinging from Coach Reeves! Laughing

PostPosted: 08/09/15 1:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Double trouble

Last edited by jap on 08/09/15 4:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
TotalCardinalMove

PostPosted: 08/09/15 2:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jap wrote:
Double trouble
I certainly agree with you. I this this LA team is a legit contender. They are truly playing some great basketball at the moment. They are a scary first round opponent to every team out west. And I don't see Seattle, or my beloved Stars team catching up to them. It's just funny to see how some Lynx fans already crowned themselves champions once Fowles arrived, but as of right now the West is wide open in my opinion. If Minnesota isn't careful, the Liberty will soon have the best record in the league. And the Mercury are right behind them in their own conference. Tonight's game is huge in terms of the current playoff race.

Libra_Girl

PostPosted: 08/09/15 11:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I wanna apologize to Jlight for my previous post towards you. I misread your post to Jep and realize that you talking about Minny having doubts and not the Sparks not winning anything.

patsweetpat

PostPosted: 08/27/15 4:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kinda starting to almost a-little-bit believe. Is that a mistake? Should I not believe? Or should I go ahead and believe?

jammerbirdi

PostPosted: 08/27/15 6:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

patsweetpat wrote:
Kinda starting to almost a-little-bit believe. Is that a mistake? Should I not believe? Or should I go ahead and believe?

They got a good coach and they're on board with him. They've had good coaches before but maybe not the right ones for this team. Agler is more of a professional basketball coach and these players I think respond to someone just feeding pure basketball information into them around game time.

The other thing is striking is the players are playing their asses off. And I'm record for a long time with my criticism about the effort etc. So much so though that sometimes the Sparks are pretty gassed late in games. Just casual observations from someone who's only seen a few games.

PostPosted: 08/27/15 6:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jammerbirdi wrote:
patsweetpat wrote:

They got a good coach and they're on board with him. They've had good coaches before but maybe not the right ones for this team. Agler is more of a professional basketball coach and these players I think respond to someone just feeding pure basketball information into them around game time.

The other thing is striking is the players are playing their asses off. And I'm record for a long time with my criticism about the effort etc. So much so though that sometimes the Sparks are pretty gassed late in games. Just casual observations from someone who's only seen a few games.

beating a very hot indiana team on the road with their team leader (alana), 2nd best player (nneka) and one of their main guards (erin) was HUGE. This team is going to be something special.

hangtyme24

PostPosted: 08/27/15 10:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LosLynxAngeles wrote:
jammerbirdi wrote:
patsweetpat wrote:

beating a very hot indiana team on the road with their team leader (alana), 2nd best player (nneka) and one of their main guards (erin) was HUGE. This team is going to be something special.

Don't forget Tolo was injured and our rookie Bradford stepped up and gave us big minutes! This team can be dangerous come playoff time. I hope everyone can come back before the playoffs.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36, 37  Next
Page 35 of 37

Jump to: