pilight

PostPosted: 08/31/15 7:43 am    ::: MVP Reply Reply with quote

Monday poll time!

You and Pinocchio are probably related
Full of criss-crossed fits, you lie all the time
Your tongue should be embarrassed, you're a threat to mankind
toad455

PostPosted: 08/31/15 9:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Delle Donne as long as she doesn't miss any more games.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
pilight

PostPosted: 08/31/15 10:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:

Three is the most games any player has missed in a season when they were named MVP

Shades

PostPosted: 08/31/15 10:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
toad455 wrote:

Three is the most games any player has missed in a season when they were named MVP

Isn't she already past that?

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
pilight

PostPosted: 08/31/15 10:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
pilight wrote:
toad455 wrote:

Isn't she already past that?

She has missed three games so far this season

bryan_february_

PostPosted: 08/31/15 3:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I had Moore for most of the season but I have to give it to EDD at this point (if she doesn't miss any more games, as previously stated).

PostPosted: 08/31/15 5:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

EDD has a lot of time off between games to settle it but i'll vote charles namely not sure how long EDD will be out and with the lynx in a rough patch (MVP performance by moore last night tho) Jury's out on her...needs to be some creedence to bringing a team worst to first but will be first to admit it's a longshot

PostPosted: 08/31/15 10:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tina, Tina, Tina, Tina, Tina! times 100 Smile

toad455

PostPosted: 08/31/15 10:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Question: does EDD still win MVP if she misses more games??

jlight

PostPosted: 08/31/15 10:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

its EDD's MVP if she does not sit out anymore games and if she does and its maya's MVP..

Michelle89

PostPosted: 09/01/15 3:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jlight wrote:
its EDD's MVP if she does not sit out anymore games and if she does and its maya's MVP..

In those 3 games that she wasnt playing they were 1-2 so that only is more of an edge in her favor of being the MVP. The Lynx are losing with Maya

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Shades

PostPosted: 09/01/15 4:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Maya is always there for her team. Doesn't that make some kind of statement for importance? She's never missed a game in her career.

If Delle Donne sits out the rest of the season and Maya continues to put up respectable numbers, they might have to give it up to Maya.

I know the league, ESPN (most likely), or her management have put a lot into PR for Delle Donne, so that's a lot to overcome.

By the way, Delle Donne has switched management companies. Seems like odd timing.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 09/01/15 4:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Maya is always there for her team. Doesn't that make some kind of statement for importance? She's never missed a game in her career.

If Delle Donne sits out the rest of the season and Maya continues to put up respectable numbers, they might have to give it up to Maya.

I know the league, ESPN (most likely), or her management have put a lot into PR for Delle Donne, so that's a lot to overcome.

By the way, Delle Donne has switched management companies. Seems like odd timing.

This is something different then people saying if EDD sits out any more games they should give it to someone else because no MVP sat out more games then 3. If in 2010 Lauren Jackson sat out a couple games more because of her concussion that season given by the lovely DMJ (if i remember correctly) wouldnt she deserve that MVP award? Should someone else have gotten that award. I dont think so

Beginning of the season we were all saying if EDD continues to put up the best numbers and gets her team a winning record (without Fowles) then she should get MVP. Her team is 18-12 and 2nd in the tough East and 3rd in the whole league.

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Shades

PostPosted: 09/01/15 5:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
Shades wrote:

This is something different then people saying if EDD sits out any more games they should give it to someone else because no MVP sat out more games then 3. If in 2010 Lauren Jackson sat out a couple games more because of her concussion that season given by the lovely DMJ (if i remember correctly) wouldnt she deserve that MVP award? Should someone else have gotten that award. I dont think so

Beginning of the season we were all saying if EDD continues to put up the best numbers and gets her team a winning record (without Fowles) then she should get MVP. Her team is 18-12 and 2nd in the tough East and 3rd in the whole league.

The thing is precedence is a pilight thing. Who knows what criteria the media members will use other than points. Will they care if Delle Donne misses a handful of games? I find it hard to believe. Will they care if Maya is deserving of first team defense? Probably not. If Delle Donne misses the rest of the season, it's gonna be a tough call. I wouldn't mind if Maya was rewarded because she got screwed over in 2013.

jlight

PostPosted: 09/01/15 6:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
jlight wrote:

In those 3 games that she wasnt playing they were 1-2 so that only is more of an edge in her favor of being the MVP. The Lynx are losing with Maya

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 09/01/15 8:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

And Charles' team has a better record than either EDD or Maya's team, Charles' team is ahead of both Chicago and Minnesota in the head to head match ups, and at least at the beginning of the season Charles' team was considered the weakest of the three teams.

I think EDD's stat line combined with being 2nd in the east will be enough to keep her on top even if she doesn't play again in the regular season. Her point and rebound totals and eff. are very impressive.

But Tina is the best player on the best team ATM if that counts for anything.

Shades

PostPosted: 09/01/15 10:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
And Charles' team has a better record than either EDD or Maya's team, Charles' team is ahead of both Chicago and Minnesota in the head to head match ups, and at least at the beginning of the season Charles' team was considered the weakest of the three teams.

I think EDD's stat line combined with being 2nd in the east will be enough to keep her on top even if she doesn't play again in the regular season. Her point and rebound totals and eff. are very impressive.

But Tina is the best player on the best team ATM if that counts for anything.

NYL's success is more team oriented.

SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 09/01/15 10:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

Agreed

NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 09/01/15 11:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think it's a duality. No question NY is deep and gets contributions from a lot of sources on both ends. But without Charles, there's no way the guards are seeing as many open shots, not to mention her underrated passing. OTOH you have multiple defenders who make NY what they are on that end as well.

But, take Charles away from NY and they would struggle to score in a major way. Chicago scored 98 points and beat Atlanta without EDD the other night. NY would struggle to break 70 without Tina. And it would be easy to imagine them wilting without that post attack that wears down the opposition.

I'm not saying EDD is not the MVP. Just there's multiple elements involved here. I do think Tina is really pushing Moore for second though FWIW.

PostPosted: 09/01/15 11:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:
Shades wrote:

Agreed

Kind of.

But that is sort of negating the other players on Chicago and Minnesota. I mean Minnesota has the second best defense in the league, Maya isn't guarding all five players. Chicago has the best offense in the league, the offense may run through EDD, but I think Cappie, Sloot and Quigley can all score a bunch on any given night.

You would think the team with the most team oriented success would have the most scorer in double digits (maybe) and would be able to get their points from anywhere. Chicago and Minnesota both have 4 players who average in double digits, while NY only has two (one of whom missed the first 10 games) and with the 3rd highest scorer on NY averaging a less than impressive 7.7 points a game. Take away Tina's points and New York is in a world of trouble. Take away Maya or EDD's points Chicago and Minnesota still have three other player bringing in double digit points on any given night.

And yes Rodgers saved the team tonight but aren't there nights when Pondexter or Sloot pick up when EDD has an off night, or Augustus, or Whalen saving the day when Maya struggles, if anything Maya and Elena have more players who can pick up the slack when they have a bad night.

Well NY does out rebound almost everyone they play which is a team stat, though Charles is tops in rebounds on her best rebounding team. Just like EDD is top in points on the team that scores the most points.

I think Charles is a legit candidate and if NY end up on top of the league she will get her votes. NY does however play great defense and has great chemistry. Team defense and just slightly lower stats than the other two will keep Tina from claiming the prize. If she was at 18-20 ppg and 10 rpg instead of 17ppg and 8.7 rpg I think she would win easily.

NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 09/01/15 11:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

In other words, if Piph had been here all year, she would win easily. She's come pretty close to putting up those types of #'s...with efficient shooting...since Piph arrived.

PostPosted: 09/02/15 12:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

New York is 15-4 since Prince arrived, with the averages below. Having 11 healthy players throughout is underrated, too:
Code:
Player    G   Min   Pts   FG%  Reb  Ast  Stl  Blk
-------  --  ----  ----  ----  ---  ---  ---  ---
Charles  19  32.0  19.2  .514  8.2  2.1  0.8  0.6
Prince   19  28.9  15.5  .458  2.9  3.5  2.2  0.3
Rodgers  18  15.3   7.2  .342  1.8  1.1  0.6  0.1
Stokes   19  26.4   6.6  .576  7.1  0.7  0.9  2.3
Wright   19  24.4   6.3  .368  2.3  3.7  0.9  0.1
Boyd     19  12.2   5.9  .407  2.3  2.2  1.2  0.0
Carson   18  16.7   5.7  .420  1.8  1.1  0.4  0.2
Swords   19  15.7   4.1  .435  3.9  0.5  0.4  0.4
Cash     19  16.5   4.0  .377  2.4  1.2  0.1  0.0
Wiggins  17  12.6   2.9  .300  2.4  0.9  0.5  0.1
Warley   16   5.7   0.9  .263  2.4  0.1  0.4  0.2

toad455

PostPosted: 09/02/15 10:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

no other team this season has had 11 healthy players. One advantage for the Liberty and let's hope it stays that way throughout the play-offs.

jlight

PostPosted: 09/02/15 2:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lynx PR ‏@Lynx_PR 2h2 hours ago
@MinnesotaLynx care about MVP voters. #MayaClinic has been the premier healthcare provider in the @WNBA all season.

lol this is awesome

jlight

PostPosted: 09/02/15 2:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lynx PR ‏@Lynx_PR 2h2 hours ago
#MayaClinic first aid kits are on their way to MVP voters this week for immediate relief.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CN7E5rFUAAEBrT7.jpg

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: