RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Tulsa Shock 2015
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 08/13/14 2:08 pm    ::: Tulsa Shock 2015 Reply Reply with quote

I'm Shocked they are out of the 2014 playoffs now. On to the next season.

The versatility thread got me thinking of how Glory Johnson said during the 2013 season that she wanted to expand her game.

With Cambage coming back (yes, she's coming back) and with Tulsa drafting a possibly decent big if they don't get the #1 pick (and they never do), it might be time to think about using GloJo as a wing. She's plenty quick enough to guard perimeter players and her height could give them fits. I'm not sure if this would work as starters, but having a line of Diggins, Sims, Johnson, Cambage, and Paris out on the floor could be exciting enough to give zune palpitations.

So what about them Shock?

http://boards.rebkell.net/viewtopic.php?t=80340&highlight=2015

http://www.wnba.com/shock/roster/

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned

Last edited by Shades on 08/14/14 4:02 am; edited 1 time in total
sammieee

PostPosted: 08/13/14 2:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That lineup would have horrible spacing, especially since both Sims and Diggins get a lot of their points at the rim/getting foul'd. And Diggins isn't a good 3pt shooter either.

They need a good 3, especially one who can defend. I'm not sure who is out there that they can get though.

toad455

PostPosted: 08/13/14 2:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I still think Cambage should be traded somewhere for a solid SF. Of course she would need to get traded somewhere were she might actually show up. I think the best option would be to Seattle for Stricklen & a 2016 draft pick.

PG: Diggins/Goodrich
SG: Sims/Williams
SF: Stricklen/Hooper
PF: Johnson/Jackson-Jones
C: Paris/Baugh
11th/12th: lottery pick* & either Hodges, Lacy or a free-agent.

*with the 1st or 2nd pick, it would likely be Mosqueda-Lewis then Williams. With the 3rd or 4th pick, who knows.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
zune69

PostPosted: 08/14/14 12:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Smile I'm in agreement with shades,

The shock need a SF,bUT I wouldn't mind seeing cambage,Johnson and Paris on the floor against a team like the sparks.They would do a lot of damage on the boards.Richyyy pointed out that Paris is still a Restricted free agent.So including CP in a trade package for a Sf could be an option.This is all based on tulsa not getting the #1 overall pick.

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 08/14/14 2:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So next season becomes the season off good fortune for Tulsa. Liz returns to play with an exciting back-court and with an understanding that her minutes will be limited with Paris playing behind her something like a 22/18 minute split which actual benefits both players and allows them to play tough defense and not worry about foul trouble or conditioning issues.

Tulsa gets the #1 pick and drafts KML.

With Ross gone in LA Tulsa is able to trade Hodges or Lacy and their 2nd round pick to LA for Herrington a player brought in specifically for a coach who is no longer there and LA is fine bringing in a veteran shooter and maybe picking up a player in the early 2nd round who they can add on a cheap contract. Herrington acts as a veteran leader and defensive stopper for Tulsa playing minutes at the 1,2, or 3 taking pressure off the starters and is able to focus on doing what she does best surrounded by scorers and shooters.

Sign Toni Young out of OK. ST. (1st round pick and former NY Liberty player) who miraculously has found her game over seas and becomes Tulsa's 5th post off the bench and thrives in her limited minutes at PF her natural position.

And R. Williams comes back healthy and is ready to play her role as lead scorer of the 2nd unit.

Tulsa 2015
Sims/Goodrich (Herrington)
Diggins/Williams (Herrington)
KML/Hooper (Herrington)
Johnson/Jackson-Jones/To.Young
Camabge/Paris

defenseallday

PostPosted: 08/14/14 2:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Entirely to soon for this thread .

Had no idea Cambage posted her plans ! Just another reason to keep up with RebKell. The player themselves posting plans more than a year in advance.

Glo Jo at the 3 spot Laughing Laughing

Shades

PostPosted: 08/14/14 5:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
I still think Cambage should be traded somewhere for a solid SF. Of course she would need to get traded somewhere were she might actually show up. I think the best option would be to Seattle for Stricklen & a 2016 draft pick.

PG: Diggins/Goodrich
SG: Sims/Williams
SF: Stricklen/Hooper
PF: Johnson/Jackson-Jones
C: Paris/Baugh
11th/12th: lottery pick* & either Hodges, Lacy or a free-agent.

*with the 1st or 2nd pick, it would likely be Mosqueda-Lewis then Williams. With the 3rd or 4th pick, who knows.

You want to throw away a franchise level player for a player who may struggle to keep the starting job against KLM, if she is the pick.

If KML isn't the pick, then you have to be a huge Stricklen & Paris fan to think the difference between Stricklen and Hodges is greater than the difference between Cambage and Paris.

The combination of Cambage, the improved Diggins and Sims on the floor at the same time should give teams fits. I'm eager to see how a team like PHX, whose defense rotates around Griner swatting and altering shots in the paint, does when they also have to defend a 6'8 player who is money inside.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 08/14/14 6:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If Cambage comes back and she is healthy then u see no reason why Paris would start fir the Shock..

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Fishhappy

PostPosted: 08/14/14 8:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

There are a few big wholes in toads plan IMO. first off you don't trade an exceptional big for a mid level Sf. Second you don't trade Cambage to any one in the west were you have to play her 4 or 5 times a year and again 3 more times to advance in the playoffs. That would be crazy.
SO if you must trade Liz, and you need a SF from the east lets see. EDD, Angle ,Catchings Not going to happen. Thomas- not yet ready, Curry again mid level and NY doesn't have one.
The Shock are due to hit the Lottery If they get KML they go from being a good team to being a very good team. If Cambage comes back they will be a great team no matter you the lottery pick is.

joshmsw

PostPosted: 08/14/14 10:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Would Bonner work at SF for Tulsa? Do they have anything Phoenix would want?

Shades

PostPosted: 08/14/14 10:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

joshmsw wrote:
Would Bonner work at SF for Tulsa? Do they have anything Phoenix would want?

After the season they've had, why would they want to mess with the formula?

That's what you see in Minnesota ever since 2011. They don't want to waiver very far from what has brought them success, and if they have to replace pieces, they get somebody with a similar if not improved skill set.

hyperetic

PostPosted: 08/14/14 11:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

caune wrote:
LosLynxAngeles wrote:
hyperetic wrote:
Sooooo...is he retiring? Where's his income going to come from? Is Skylar banking that much scratch to be able to support her family?

I'm very curious as to how much Skylar is getting from Nike on account of she is on every billboard in the country it seems! ..
'

HUH? She isn't on any billboards in Phoenix and I didn't see her on any when I drove cross country and back covering 12 States. Must be an LA thing.

I don't know about billboards but there's a lot of images of her in Academy Sports.
RDub21

PostPosted: 08/14/14 12:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
So next season becomes the season off good fortune for Tulsa. Liz returns to play with an exciting back-court and with an understanding that her minutes will be limited with Paris playing behind her something like a 22/18 minute split which actual benefits both players and allows them to play tough defense and not worry about foul trouble or conditioning issues.

Tulsa gets the #1 pick and drafts KML.

With Ross gone in LA Tulsa is able to trade Hodges or Lacy and their 2nd round pick to LA for Herrington a player brought in specifically for a coach who is no longer there and LA is fine bringing in a veteran shooter and maybe picking up a player in the early 2nd round who they can add on a cheap contract. Herrington acts as a veteran leader and defensive stopper for Tulsa playing minutes at the 1,2, or 3 taking pressure off the starters and is able to focus on doing what she does best surrounded by scorers and shooters.

Sign Toni Young out of OK. ST. (1st round pick and former NY Liberty player) who miraculously has found her game over seas and becomes Tulsa's 5th post off the bench and thrives in her limited minutes at PF her natural position.

And R. Williams comes back healthy and is ready to play her role as lead scorer of the 2nd unit.

Tulsa 2015
Sims/Goodrich (Herrington)
Diggins/Williams (Herrington)
KML/Hooper (Herrington)
Johnson/Jackson-Jones/To.Young
Camabge/Paris

Kinda scary, because my thinking was nearly identical..obviously lots of assumptions, but nothing impossible.
Hope for the #1 pick for KML
Healthy Williams
Return of Cambage
Back-up PG with size
Perimeter defender

Sims/Natasha Lacy?
Diggins/Williams/Kalana Greene?
KML/Hooper
Johnson/Jackson-Jones/Baugh
Cambage/Paris

I like what I've seen from Baugh, she can play the 4/5 and as a 4th/5th post, you could do much worse.

#Occasionalwnbafan

PostPosted: 08/14/14 12:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think crystal bradford will be a solid/decent pro and could be the second best Wing player in the draft, She could be a good pick up for the Shock.

Sims/Goodrich
Diggins/Williams
Bradford/Hooper
Johnson/Jackson-Jones/Lacy
Cambage/Paris

Maybe they could Pick up Swin Cash.. maybe trade a pick that's not 1 or 2 to New York for Cash or Carson.
ChicagoAnnie

PostPosted: 08/14/14 12:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hyperetic wrote:
caune wrote:
LosLynxAngeles wrote:
hyperetic wrote:
Sooooo...is he retiring? Where's his income going to come from? Is Skylar banking that much scratch to be able to support her family?

I'm very curious as to how much Skylar is getting from Nike on account of she is on every billboard in the country it seems! ..
'

HUH? She isn't on any billboards in Phoenix and I didn't see her on any when I drove cross country and back covering 12 States. Must be an LA thing.

I don't know about billboards but there's a lot of images of her in Academy Sports.

Nike's campaign featuring diggins is pretty nice. She is on a billboard on top of the Nike store in SF, and just outside of Times Square in NY. In addition to posters in sporting goods stores Dicks, Academy, etc.. Flash page in IHeartRAdio, and what not. Nice stuff.

Last edited by ChicagoAnnie on 08/14/14 6:56 pm; edited 2 times in total
Shades

PostPosted: 08/14/14 12:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

#Occasionalwnbafan wrote:
I think crystal bradford will be a solid/decent pro and could be the second best Wing player in the draft, She could be a good pick up for the Shock.

Sims/Goodrich
Diggins/Williams
Bradford/Hooper
Cambage/Paris

Maybe they could Pick up Swin Cash.. maybe trade a pick that's not 1 or 2 to New York for Cash or Carson.

Are you saying Bradford is a Top 4 pick and would start ahead of Hooper?

#Occasionalwnbafan

PostPosted: 08/14/14 1:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
#Occasionalwnbafan wrote:

Sims/Goodrich
Diggins/Williams
Bradford/Hooper
Cambage/Paris

Are you saying Bradford is a Top 4 pick and would start ahead of Hooper?

Yes I think Bradford would start over Hooper, (think she's another lefty) not sure if she is a top 4 pick thought. I have Lewis, Williams, Harrison as top 3 locks, and Ibiam, Bradford and Body as the next 3 taken.
ClayK

PostPosted: 08/15/14 2:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bradford hurt her knee at the end of last season, and CMU is being close-mouthed about the nature of the injury. She's not playing at this point, and they're hoping she'll play this season.

It certainly seems like it was an ACL, as most other knee injuries would have been OK by now (she was hurt in March), though obviously not all.

If it is an ACL, she will be back midseason at best and most likely won't be at full strength, which will make her being a high pick much more problematic. Of course, if she's good to go from day one and has another good season, that's a different story.

PostPosted: 08/15/14 3:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Its not a slam dunk that Cambage will come (despite quotes to the contrary) and even if she does, it doesn't automatically mean she will come in and fit well with the machine. On-court chemistry, knowing her role, her development since last she played in the W, etc. are all things to consider when making an assessment about how well she will do for the Shock.
ChicagoAnnie

PostPosted: 08/15/14 4:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tulsa starting posts don't pass...

glojo 1.4 assts per game
paris 1.0
Liz 1.0 in 2013

I would like tulsa to add a post coach. I know Pettis handles the guards, but the front court needs help.

maybe the right person can smooth out glory's wild edges. help paris a with a short jumper about 7 feet from the basket. Right now she just flings it up there when she's in front of the rim. help Liz with her balance...she hit the deck a lot on 2013. Laughing

All three could use some fine tuning on defense too.

EDIT: The whole team could use some fine tuning on D.

sigur3

PostPosted: 08/15/14 5:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ChicagoAnnie wrote:
Tulsa starting posts don't pass...

glojo 1.4 assts per game
paris 1.0
Liz 1.0 in 2013

If those numbers are bad to you, be glad you're not a Sky fan...

jlight

PostPosted: 08/16/14 7:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Alan Horton ‏@LynxRadio 2h
Big issue for #Shock going forward is the status of Liz Cambage. I asked Fred Williams about it "The opportunity & our doors are...(cont)

"...open for her to be back here w/ us. I don't know where that's gonna go but I have plans to get over there & talk to her face to face."

hyperetic

PostPosted: 08/16/14 8:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The fact hasn't been lost on me that the current Shock members are taking down quite a few records of the previous Shock. Not to denigrate the former Shock just happy about the current Shock moving forward in a positive direction.
tfan

PostPosted: 08/16/14 8:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jlight wrote:
Alan Horton ‏@LynxRadio 2h
Big issue for #Shock going forward is the status of Liz Cambage. I asked Fred Williams about it "The opportunity & our doors are...(cont)

"...open for her to be back here w/ us. I don't know where that's gonna go but I have plans to get over there & talk to her face to face."

Someone needs to tell him that Shades is positive she is coming back.

Force10rulz

PostPosted: 08/16/14 9:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tulsa should be winning more games, someone on twitter suggested they trade their first round pick for a veteran, and they are right.

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36  Next
Page 1 of 36

Jump to: