Shock
57%
 57%  [ 4 ]
Fever
42%
 42%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 7

Shades

PostPosted: 07/14/15 6:34 pm    ::: Shock @ Fever - 7/15/15 Reply Reply with quote

Indianapolis, IN - 7:00 PM ET
TV: FSI, CST

Live Access:
http://liveaccess.wnba.com/

Game info:
http://www.wnba.com/game/20150715/TULIND/

ESPN GameCast:
http://scores.espn.go.com/wnba/gamecast?gameId=400610717

ESPN boxscore:
http://scores.espn.go.com/wnba/boxscore?gameId=400610717

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Shades

PostPosted: 07/15/15 6:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

How badly does Klop want this one?

sigur3

PostPosted: 07/15/15 7:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

And we have a 2-man ref crew after the third suffers a strained hamstring.

Genero36

PostPosted: 07/15/15 8:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Catchings - 11 Points (4-9), 11 Rebounds & 2 Blocks

ChicagoAnnie

PostPosted: 07/15/15 8:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cold Plennette.

Fever 34 FTA, Tulsa 14 for 22. Gotta make FTs on the road, just in case the refs try to screw you over in a close game. Speaking of...

2 officials with one of them being Tommy Nunez.

Not enough Sims. Even with Williams hot, I don't want to see her defer.
However, when Sims would swing it around, it hardly ever came back to her.

Not enuff from the bench, 7 pts is not going to do. Hooper needs to be more consistent. Find a different way to score other than behind the arc.

Fred playing Amanda 2 mins.... Rolling Eyes

sigur3

PostPosted: 07/15/15 8:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ChicagoAnnie wrote:

Maybe when she's done with her Enes Kanter impression, she will get more playing time.

toad455

PostPosted: 07/15/15 8:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sigur3 wrote:
And we have a 2-man ref crew after the third suffers a strained hamstring.

isn't there usually a 4th ref always on standby in case something like this happens??

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Shades

PostPosted: 07/15/15 8:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ChicagoAnnie wrote:

He's not doing much for her confidence. Eerily similar to Reeve in that way. I think even Reeve would give Zahui more time, but Baugh is playing pretty good ball.

Might be a good time to try to buy low, Roger.

Last edited by Shades on 07/15/15 8:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
zune69

PostPosted: 07/15/15 8:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

My expectations of zahui have been lowered.She obviously needs more minutes.But with Baugh being the first big off the bench,the probable return of Johnson next season,then cambage the season after,zahui will most likely be the 11th or 12th man on the bench.Maybe Tulsa should offer zahui to San Antonio for McBride or Hamby.It's just a thought.I love zahui's upside,but.....there's a big log jam in the post.

Any update on TJJ ? Rolling Eyes

Last edited by zune69 on 07/16/15 6:14 am; edited 2 times in total
Shades

PostPosted: 07/15/15 8:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
My expectations of zahui have been lowered.She obviously needs more minutes.But with Baugh being the fist big off the bench,the probable return of Johnson next season,then cambage the season after,zahui will most likely to be the 11th or 12th man on the bench.Maybe Tulsa should offer zahui to San Antonio for McBride or Hamby.It's just a thought.I love zahui's upside,but.....there's a big log jam in the post.

Stop ignoring Minny.

Wright is getting similar treatment as Zahui. Might work out well as a deal.

p_d_swanson

PostPosted: 07/15/15 10:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sigur3 wrote:
ChicagoAnnie wrote:
Fred playing Amanda 2 mins....

Maybe when she's done with her Enes Kanter impression, she will get more playing time.

Yes, it's becoming increasingly apparent just how much smoke and how many mirrors were being used at Williams Arena last winter...

Michelle89

PostPosted: 07/16/15 6:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
My expectations of zahui have been lowered.She obviously needs more minutes.But with Baugh being the first big off the bench,the probable return of Johnson next season,then cambage the season after,zahui will most likely to be the 11th or 12th man on the bench.Maybe Tulsa should offer zahui to San Antonio for McBride or Hamby.It's just a thought.I love zahui's upside,but.....there's a big log jam in the post.

Zahui<< McBride

Right now
Zahui< Hamby

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 07/16/15 11:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The problem with trading a player like Zahui is that it's hard to trade for the proper value when a player has a couple of high end skills that you can project, but she also comes with skills that need a lot of development.

When you see a post that has shooting range along with the ability to hit fadeaways over defenders down low, that's like, ok we have something here.

But then if say she doesn't defend well or doesn't have the stamina to extend her minutes, you're not going to really know what you have in her for a couple of seasons.

From her standpoint, if she is marketable enough overseas to really earn, you have to wonder if she will regard long-term development as being worth her while.

In this type of situation, time is the ultimate determining factor. Which kind of stinks for Tulsa. Being that they already have encountered a situation with Cambage where she hasn't wanted to play. They're not going to probably have top 3 picks for quite some time. The ones you do have, you don't want to waste their value.

PostPosted: 07/16/15 12:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
The problem with trading a player like Zahui is that it's hard to trade for the proper value when a player has a couple of high end skills that you can project, but she also comes with skills that need a lot of development.

When you see a post that has shooting range along with the ability to hit fadeaways over defenders down low, that's like, ok we have something here.

But then if say she doesn't defend well or doesn't have the stamina to extend her minutes, you're not going to really know what you have in her for a couple of seasons.

From her standpoint, if she is marketable enough overseas to really earn, you have to wonder if she will regard long-term development as being worth her while.

In this type of situation, time is the ultimate determining factor. Which kind of stinks for Tulsa. Being that they already have encountered a situation with Cambage where she hasn't wanted to play. They're not going to probably have top 3 picks for quite some time. The ones you do have, you don't want to waste their value.

All good points.

I think most people want Zahui to do well, and so maybe overvalue her positives ... but on the other hand, she clearly has potential.

Cutting Zahui loose gains Tulsa nothing (as with Cambage), and keeping her costs the franchise almost nothing. The risk is, though, that she'll just decide not to spend her summers sitting on the bench for $40,000 (though I would sign up for that) and disappear.

That risk (Zahui not showing up) is why her trade value may not be that high, as is undoubtedly true of Cambage. (Maybe the talk of moving to Dallas is to entice both posts to play in the W ...)

PostPosted: 07/16/15 12:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Unless she is really discouraged about this season, the risk of Zahui not showing up in Tulsa is very little. The risk of her not showing up for the Lynx is nil. She has stated she wants to be the best. You don't get to be the best by being easily discouraged, and she knows that. I don't question her work ethic.

And Clay, you gotta stop living in the past. Do you really think that Cambage has something against Tulsa's current management or even the city? Do you really think Cambage knows the difference between Dallas and Tulsa, and that difference would be a deciding factor in anything? Cambage was going to play in Tulsa this season but her Achilles ruptured. Stop with the Cambage hates Tulsa nonsense.

NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 07/16/15 12:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I found very Zahui very engaging and positive as a personality in hearing her speak myself. She sounds like a person who has a legitimate desire to succeed. I don't think a return in year 2 is in any jeopardy. What I would wonder is if she plays a lower level of minutes next year also, what happens?

PostPosted: 07/16/15 1:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://instagram.com/p/5LIZfBwYpj/?taken-by=skydigg4

what a beautiful thing to see.
tfan

PostPosted: 07/17/15 3:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Do you really think that Cambage has something against Tulsa's current management or even the city? Do you really think Cambage knows the difference between Dallas and Tulsa, and that difference would be a deciding factor in anything?

I would bet good money Cambage knows the difference between the 4th largest US metropolitan area and the 55th largest.

Quote:

Cambage was going to play in Tulsa this season but her Achilles ruptured. Stop with the Cambage hates Tulsa nonsense.

Cambage said she didn't want to get drafted by Tulsa. I can't remember too many draftees, if any, ruling out a team. She was on an Australian news show after the Olympics at a point when she was still planning to return that year (she ultimately did not).

They showed a clip of her at the Melbourne airport in 2011 leaving for Tulsa (after having been there once before after the draft) she said Just think of Adelaide meets Canberra. Lots of churches, a bit quiet. A nice little town.

After showing it someone asked: Pretty excited. Pretty excited to go to Tulsa?.

To which she replied melodramatically with a smirk and big smile I cant wait to go back. And she followed that with Its right smack dab in the middle of the bible belt, so its a religious town and lots of fun. After saying that she gave them a face showing she meant it wasnt lots of fun.

She wasn't going to play in 2013 for Tulsa until after the new Australian coach was hired and said he wanted players playing in the WNBA.

I don't think Cambage saying she was planning on playing in Tulsa this year means that she now likes Tulsa as a city to play in.

Last edited by tfan on 07/17/15 4:27 am; edited 4 times in total
Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 07/17/15 4:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

At one point before her injury, Liz did indicate that a return to Tulsa this season could be on the cards, but we should all know by now how much actual expectation to have put on that eventuating even if she had been healthy. I mean we're talking about someone who changed their mind while she was actually en route to Tulsa from Melbourne. And yeah, it's pretty clear that Tulsa isn't her favourite city in the world. Then again she's not the biggest fan of China either, but 7 digits can be pretty persuasive. 6 digits? Maybe not so much.
One advantage Dallas would have over Tulsa - Qantas flies direct to DFW from Australia. So that's one less layover during which she could change her mind Razz

PostPosted: 07/17/15 4:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

#Occasionalwnbafan wrote:
https://instagram.com/p/5LIZfBwYpj/?taken-by=skydigg4

what a beautiful thing to see.

Get out of there Catchings! Laughing

Shades

PostPosted: 07/17/15 6:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
Shades wrote:
Do you really think that Cambage has something against Tulsa's current management or even the city? Do you really think Cambage knows the difference between Dallas and Tulsa, and that difference would be a deciding factor in anything?

I would bet good money Cambage knows the difference between the 4th largest US metropolitan area and the 55th largest.

Quote:

Cambage was going to play in Tulsa this season but her Achilles ruptured. Stop with the Cambage hates Tulsa nonsense.

Cambage said she didn't want to get drafted by Tulsa. I can't remember too many draftees, if any, ruling out a team. She was on an Australian news show after the Olympics at a point when she was still planning to return that year (she ultimately did not).

They showed a clip of her at the Melbourne airport in 2011 leaving for Tulsa (after having been there once before after the draft) she said Just think of Adelaide meets Canberra. Lots of churches, a bit quiet. A nice little town.

After showing it someone asked: Pretty excited. Pretty excited to go to Tulsa?.

To which she replied melodramatically with a smirk and big smile I cant wait to go back. And she followed that with Its right smack dab in the middle of the bible belt, so its a religious town and lots of fun. After saying that she gave them a face showing she meant it wasnt lots of fun.

She wasn't going to play in 2013 for Tulsa until after the new Australian coach was hired and said he wanted players playing in the WNBA.

I don't think Cambage saying she was planning on playing in Tulsa this year means that she now likes Tulsa as a city to play in.

All the 2011 stuff is what I meant by "living in the past".

ClayK

PostPosted: 07/17/15 10:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't think Tulsa is necessarily the deciding factor for Cambage ...

If past behavior is the best predictor of future behavior, then Cambage isn't coming back. Two years out of four she has Australian obligations, and if China is paying her that much, taking a summer vacation the other two years might be higher on her priority list than playing in America.

PostPosted: 07/17/15 11:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

All the 2011 stuff is what I meant by "living in the past".

That was 2011, 2012 and 2013 stuff. Thinking Tulsa grew on Cambage as she lay on the beach in Melbourne is "living in Fantasyland".

tfan

PostPosted: 07/17/15 12:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89

PostPosted: 07/17/15 12:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
I don't think Tulsa is necessarily the deciding factor for Cambage ...

If past behavior is the best predictor of future behavior, then Cambage isn't coming back. Two years out of four she has Australian obligations, and if China is paying her that much, taking a summer vacation the other two years might be higher on her priority list than playing in America.

The season in China is like 4 months

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: