35%  [ 7 ]
Sparks
65%
 65%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 20

bballfan32

PostPosted: 07/23/14 10:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

p_d_swanson wrote:
"At the opposite end, well, we know Penny Toler is one of the greatest players in history."

And Larry Burnett lost his job to this guy...

Did Burnett really lose his job?

Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 07/23/14 10:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

blaase22 wrote:
Man both these teams suck.

I think NY is a player away from being a good team.

I think LA already has way more than enough players to be a good team, and just needs a good coach.

If Bill Laimbeer wasn't gunning for a Head Coaching job in NYK, it would have been fun to see what he could do with this squad... Idea

blaase22

PostPosted: 07/23/14 10:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Toler is toast.

myrtle

blaase22 wrote:
toad455 wrote:
WTF is Toler wearing!?!?!?

Yea what's that on her head. Wink

reminds me of what Taj did a couple of years ago.

Queenie

Why in the name of all that is sweet and holy is Penny Toler wearing a tribble on her head?

Location: South Carolina, United States, North America, Earth

side note: i see these Copper Fit commercials so often, especially during games, and i've always wondered if they actually work. i have a friend with fibromyalgia and i've always wondered if they'd actually be a help some how. but i'd hate to spend so much money on a scam product. does anyone know for sure? do any W players endorse or use the product?

also, the W, NBA TV, and ESPN now have a new talking point... Toler scored the first basket in WNBA history and now coaches the team she scored the point for. we can all stop talking about BG's dunks, Skylar's improved season, and how "exciting" Shoni is now.

and i thought Lacy played for the Shock... did i miss something or am I thinking of someone else entirely?

ChicagoAnnie

PostPosted: 07/23/14 10:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sigur3 wrote:
It's your creation, Toler...have fun with it...

this.

sigur3

PostPosted: 07/23/14 10:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Admiral_Needa wrote:
LA is playing with more energy and intensity, but not more basketball intelligence... Idea

LA runs a play that gets Armintie 'Great Shooter' Herrington a 20-foot jumper? Come back and get a 15-foot Lavenger jumper? What happened to the first play when Lavender passed into Nneka for a chip-shot easy 2? Question

and gee, I wonder why NY leaves Gruda open from 20 feet... Rolling Eyes

Sadly, Lavender may be the player you most want taking that shot for the Sparks...but yes, they shoot way, way too many long twos.

bballgrl

PostPosted: 07/23/14 10:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LilyJadeRose wrote:
well that little snippet of Toler's pregame speech has me kinda interested lol i mean i actually perked up.

Staples Center looks dead tonight.

and part of me is a bit cynical about Parker's knee strain. she actually has a knee strain and can't play or this is a convenient out should LA lose... well it wasn't because Toler has never coached before. it's because we didn't have Parker. and you can't say anything against because you have no idea of knowing what a person would have or would not have done unless they played.

oh well. LA doesn't appear to look lost. yet.

Oh come on, Parker is probably resting for tomorrows game with the Merc! Sparks would rather lose to NY than the Merc!

myrtle

ok signing out. Could someone wake me up when LA wakes up? If she doesn't put Nneka and Toliver in soon, it'll be a 20 point plus deficit by halftime.

Admiral_Needa

bballfan32 wrote:
p_d_swanson wrote:
"At the opposite end, well, we know Penny Toler is one of the greatest players in history."

He was on a yearly 1-year contract from the beginning. This year, his contract was not renewed Confused

To make things worse, WNBA still runs a TV promo that includes Burnett's famous call of Toliver's game winner.

Is Jason Collins still on staff?

jammerbirdi

Are you guys getting the LA Time Warner Cable SportsNet Live broadcast all over the place?

Right before the tip.

Sparks play by play guy:

"A lot has happened. The players have to share in the culpability. They just didn't bring the energy under Carol Ross, who did a fine job for two-plus seasons with 61 wins, two playoff appearances, and a WNBA Coach of the Year honor."

A little over a minute in.

Mary Murphy:

"The sets will remain the same. I talked to Coach Toler before the game, Jim, and she reiterated with us that there's not going to be wholesale changes. In many ways the Sparks did a good job throughout the season. They just didn't get the finish. They didn't play well at home. And there just wasn't the consistent energy that was expected of the team."

Okay this is from the homers who are paid to be the broadcasting voices of the organization. So let's just write this is stone now. Okay?

Penny's pre game talk.

"I plan on winning this basketball game. And we're going to win it with everyone giving maximum effort."

PostPosted: 07/23/14 10:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Damn, Wiggins -11 already.

BamaEd

PostPosted: 07/23/14 10:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LilyJadeRose wrote:
also, the W, NBA TV, and ESPN now have a new talking point... Toler scored the first basket in WNBA history and now coaches the team she scored the point for. we can all stop talking about BG's dunks, Skylar's improved season, and how "exciting" Shoni is now.

Well, they could talk about Toler's previous coaching experience. oh wait

Queenie

PostPosted: 07/23/14 10:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LilyJadeRose wrote:
and i thought Lacy played for the Shock... did i miss something or am I thinking of someone else entirely?

Jennifer Lacy currently plays for the Shock, and Natasha Lacy does, I believe, have a Tulsa stint in her past.

PostPosted: 07/23/14 10:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jammerbirdi wrote:
Are you guys getting the LA Time Warner Cable SportsNet Live broadcast all over the place?

Right before the tip.

Sparks play by play guy:

"A lot has happened. The players have to share in the culpability. They just didn't bring the energy under Carol Ross, who did a fine job for two-plus seasons with 61 wins, two playoff appearances, and a WNBA Coach of the Year honor."

Mary Murphy:

"The sets will remain the same. I talked to Coach Toler before the game, Jim, and she reiterated with us that there's not going to be wholesale changes. In many ways the Sparks did a good job throughout the season. They just didn't get the finish. They didn't play well at home. And there just wasn't the consistent energy that was expected of the team."

Okay this is from the homers who are paid to be the broadcasting voices of the organization. So let's just write this is stone now. Okay?

Penny's pre game talk.

"I plan on winning this basketball game. And we're going to win it with everyone giving maximum effort."

well. they started out doing that. now they just look lost. but at least the rebounding effort on the defensive end seems fierce. don't recall that for a minute there

ChicagoAnnie

PostPosted: 07/23/14 10:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Klop working the officials.

sigur3

PostPosted: 07/23/14 10:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jammerbirdi wrote:

Right before the tip.

Sparks play by play guy:

Mary Murphy:

Penny's pre game talk.

An ironic change of song for a broadcast who couldn't stop praising the team's hunger at the start of the season.

Howee

PostPosted: 07/23/14 10:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yes, Natasha played for Tulsa. It was her first year in the league.

Penny Toler. Scored the First Basket in the History of Basketball, right? Rolling Eyes

PS--I love Katie Smith, but she looks so Not Right in stilettoes.

Last edited by Howee on 07/23/14 10:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
PhoenixxLily
I Voted

PostPosted: 07/23/14 10:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
LilyJadeRose wrote:

Jennifer Lacy currently plays for the Shock, and Natasha Lacy does, I believe, have a Tulsa stint in her past.

ohhh ok. i got confused for a minute Laughing i remember (jennifer) lacy being hurt and not playing in tulsa, and then the thread about last minute trades, and i don't ever think i knew there was a natasha lacy on the libs. so ok i was lost hahaha. dumb question, but are they related? i think it's a southern thing but any time you see two people in the same location with the same last name you wonder if they're related

Queenie

PostPosted: 07/23/14 10:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:

Penny Toler. Scored the First Basket in the History of Basketball, right? Rolling Eyes

Sparks lost that game, funny how that comes up much less often. Razz

These 2 homers are nerve racking. Return Larry, he at least wasn't such an homer.

BamaEd

Howee wrote:

Yes, and for the team she's now coaching and coaching against the team she played against. DID YOU KNOW THAT?!?!

bballfan32

PostPosted: 07/23/14 10:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Admiral_Needa wrote:
bballfan32 wrote:
p_d_swanson wrote:

He was on a yearly 1-year contract from the beginning. This year, his contract was not renewed Confused

To make things worse, WNBA still runs a TV promo that includes Burnett's famous call of Toliver's game winner.

Is Jason Collins still on staff?

Well that blows. I really enjoyed him and I don't even like the Sparks. You could tell he was passionate about the league though.

Queenie

PostPosted: 07/23/14 10:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm just grateful MSG+ is carrying the game and the NY crew is calling it from the couch. Sounds like we're missing some primo stupidity from the TWC crew.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: