RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Beam me up, Scottie. Beam up Leslie Gore, too.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bluewolfvii

PostPosted: 10/27/05 10:32 pm    ::: Beam me up, Scottie. Beam up Leslie Gore, too. Reply Reply with quote

George Takei (Lt. Sulu) just came out.
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/10/28/ap/entertainment/mainD8DGPC480.shtml

Quote:
The 68-year-old actor said he and his partner, Brad Altman, have been together for 18 years.

Takei, a Japanese-American who lived in a U.S. internment camp from age 4 to 8, said he grew up feeling ashamed of his ethnicity and sexuality. He likened prejudice against gays to racial segregation.

"It's against basic decency and what American values stand for," he said

Also, this month's issue of Curve (or it could have been Girlfriends) has an article on Leslie Gore being out. It's her party and she'll be fly if she wants to.

Carol Anne

PostPosted: 10/28/05 6:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lesley Gore was profiled recently on AfterEllen.com (was that what you read, blue?)http://www.afterellen.com/Music/2005/6/lesleygore.html Don't miss the accompaying interview. http://www.afterellen.com/People/2005/6/lesleygore.html

Quote:
AE: Would you say that people knew you were gay back when you were first performing? You were pretty young, about 17, right?
LG: Well, I didn’t know until I was in my twenties, so if they knew it, they knew it before I did. [Laughs] You know, maybe someone did think that. I don’t know, but I certainly didn’t know it until I was in my twenties.

AE: Once you did know, did you have to go to lengths to conceal it in the music industry?
LG: Well, I don’t think I went to lengths. I just kind of lived my life naturally and did what I wanted to do. I didn’t avoid anything, I didn’t put it in anybody’s face. Times were very different then, so, you know, I just tried to live as normally as humanly possible. But as truthfully as humanly possible.

I feel so much better about secretly liking "Sunshine, Lollipops and Roses" back in the sixties! And I'm ordering a signed copy of her new album.

liveitup!

PostPosted: 10/28/05 11:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wow! What a week it's turning out to be (no pun intended)!!!!

I wonder what my not-so-slightly homophobic, but HUGE Trekkie, brother will make of all this!?!?!

Come out, come out, wherever you are......!!!!!!!!

bluewolfvii

PostPosted: 10/28/05 11:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Carol Anne wrote:
Lesley Gore was profiled recently on AfterEllen.com (was that what you read, blue?)

The magazine article may have made reference to the feature on afterellen.com but the article does appear in one of the lesbian glossies currently on the newstands.

You know how it goes.. Smile Buy a latte, pick up a little light reading..

bluewolfvii

PostPosted: 10/28/05 11:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

liveitup! wrote:
Wow! What a week it's turning out to be (no pun intended)!!!!

I wonder what my not-so-slightly homophobic, but HUGE Trekkie, brother will make of all this!?!?!

Come out, come out, wherever you are......!!!!!!!!

It's that Gay Test posted by Cam that Slovydal has been circulating around Wink

sambista

PostPosted: 10/28/05 12:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

well, they say things happen in threes . . .

PostPosted: 10/28/05 5:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sebibb wrote:
well, they say things happen in threes . . .

ok......i have an announcement........... Laughing

PEACE
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: