RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

If You Care: Who Would You Like To See Buy The Clippers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Men's Sports
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who would you like to see buy the Clippers?
Magic Johnson
29%
 29%  [ 5 ]
Oprah Winfrey
35%
 35%  [ 6 ]
Floyd Mayweather
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Dr. Dré
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Oscar De La Hoya
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Puffy Combs
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Frankie Muniz
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Other
29%
 29%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 17

hyperetic

PostPosted: 05/01/14 2:41 pm    ::: If You Care: Who Would You Like To See Buy The Clippers Reply Reply with quote

There are a lot of possibilities popping up out there. Seems like more every day. Who would you like to see take over the franchise?
jammerbirdi

PostPosted: 05/01/14 4:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This team should be owned by an African American. As should many other teams. As a Washington Post article today put it, this incident shed a light on "an antiquated cultural divide." Nowhere, in my opinion, is that divide more glaringly apparent than in the fact that the NBA is made of 75% black players and just one black owner. Add to that what people are saying openly. T.J. Simers, for one. When asked was Donald Sterling's opinions an aberration among NBA owners, Simers replied, 'He's not alone." Dude covered the NBA and sports for the LA Times for decades. He didn't even hesitate when asked this. So there's a problem. And there's also a solution.

PostPosted: 05/02/14 8:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Floyd Mayweather. Ahem. Yesterday he posted an ultrasound image on Instagram and said the real reason he and his girlfriend broke up is…. well...

"The real reason me and Shantel Christine Jackson @missjackson broke up was because she got a abortion, and I’m totally against killing babies. She killed our twin babies."

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2014/05/01/floyd-mayweather-abortion-twins-break-up-shantel-jackson/#ixzz30Z3qnDCi

PostPosted: 05/02/14 2:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wow, who better than Magic could be a good owner for the team? I'm interested in hearing some other names besides the ones listed because from what I've seen he seems the most qualified to me.
hyperetic

PostPosted: 05/02/14 2:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jammerbirdi wrote:
Floyd Mayweather. Ahem. Yesterday he posted an ultrasound image on Instagram and said the real reason he and his girlfriend broke up is…. well...

"The real reason me and Shantel Christine Jackson @missjackson broke up was because she got a abortion, and I’m totally against killing babies. She killed our twin babies."

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2014/05/01/floyd-mayweather-abortion-twins-break-up-shantel-jackson/#ixzz30Z3qnDCi

That is so sad on so many levels and angles.
Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 05/02/14 7:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Arrow

Quote:
UFC President Dana White Calls Floyd Mayweather Racist for Twitter Comment on Jeremy Lin
May 1, 2014

Racism isn't always whites discriminating against blacks as what happened when LA Clippers owner Donald Sterling told his Hispanic girlfriend not to not to bring blacks to watch the games of his team.

It could also be in the form of a black speaking against another race as what UFC President Dana White is accusing WBC welterweight champion and unbeaten boxer Floyd Mayweather Jr of. White claimed on Tuesday that Money May made racist remarks against New York Knicks point guard Jeremy Lin, an Asian.

He cited the Feb 13 tweet of the boxer that "Jeremy Lin is a good player but all the hype is because he's Asian. Black players do what he does every night and don't get the same praise."

Spike Lee fired back with a tweet of his own: "Floyd Mayweather Sounds Like Rush Limbaugh When He Talks About Jeremy Lin Saying He's Only Getting Attention Because He's Asian.WAKE UP YO."

Floyd Mayweather stands by tweet tweaks of NY Knicks' Jeremy Lin

He added: “Do I regret what I said? Absolutely not. I stand by what I said and I meant what I said.”

Idea Idea Idea

Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 05/05/14 3:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Floyd Mayweather

Boxer Floyd Mayweather was among the first individuals to express interest in the Los Angeles Clippers, but there's no way that the NBA, having just finally gotten rid of Donald Sterling, would replace him with another one of the most polarizing figures in sports, especially one who has very recently served jail time for domestic abuse. That's not even getting into the fact that Mayweather's a notorious gambler and the NBA already has enough problems trying to convince its fans that the sport is on the level. He has about as much of a chance of becoming the new Clippers owner as Tim Donaghy does of officiating in the NBA Finals.

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2014/may/01/donald-sterling-clippers-next-owner-oprah-magic

Idea

hyperetic

PostPosted: 05/05/14 8:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Soooo...we can cross Floyd off the list?
toad455

PostPosted: 05/05/14 10:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

was there really anyway he'd stand a chance at buying the Clippers.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
hyperetic

PostPosted: 05/05/14 11:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:

My opinion? Nope.
Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 05/06/14 5:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:

No, he's just doing it for the PR. What is surprising/disappointing is that the media is actually giving it to him.. Confused

It should be laughable to consider replacing an owner who is racist against African-Americans with an owner who is racist against Asians. Exclamation

More people should be laughing, but they're not. That's disappointing. Dana White is right. Most people only can identify racism when it's against African-Americans. They have a hard time identifying it when it's against another race, such as Asians. Idea

Quote:
Floyd Mayweather rips 'yellow chump' Manny Pacquiao in profane, racist UStream rant

Floyd Mayweather Jr., who has steadfastly refused to answer questions about the most recent round of failed negotiations for a fight with Manny Pacquiao, has unleashed a profanity-filled racist and homophobic Internet rant against the Filipino star.

"As soon as we come off vacation, we're going to cook that little yellow chump. We ain't worried about that. So they ain't gotta worry about me fighting the midget. Once I kick the midget ass, I don't want you all to jump on my d---. So you all better get on the bandwagon now. ... Once I stomp the midget, I'll make that mother f----- make me a sushi roll and cook me some rice."

Ohhh, hell no, this is America baby. We built on winning. Step your game up, f----t. ... That mother f----- Pacquiao, he can't speak no English.

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/news/story?id=5527403

jammerbirdi

PostPosted: 05/06/14 10:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Admiral_Needa wrote:

"As soon as we come off vacation, we're going to cook that little yellow chump. We ain't worried about that. So they ain't gotta worry about me fighting the midget. Once I kick the midget ass, I don't want you all to jump on my d---. So you all better get on the bandwagon now. ... Once I stomp the midget, I'll make that mother f----- make me a sushi roll and cook me some rice."

That's all kind of fucked up. Someone will make butter out of his peanut one day.

PostPosted: 05/29/14 6:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Former Microsoft exec to buy Clips

Steve Ballmer has submitted a winning bid of $2 billion to buy the Los Angeles Clippers, sources have confirmed to ESPN.

Ballmer, 58, was CEO of Microsoft from 2000-14 and is reportedly worth $20 billion. He was the only investor that did not immediately seek out other partners when preparing a bid.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/11003237/former-microsoft-executive-steve-ballmer-submits-winning-bid-buy-clippers-according-sources

Nice. Perfect, even. I always have said that the best owners are billionaires with money to burn. Magic would have been nice, but after buying the Dodgers and the Sparks, I doubt he had another $2 billion for LAC.

Now the NBA will have another rivalry... The Clippers' Ballmer vs. The Trailblazers' Paul Allen Razz

pilight

PostPosted: 05/29/14 7:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If the board wants to put in a bid, I'm in for $1

PostPosted: 05/30/14 2:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think Ballmer should pay Donald Sterling the $2 Billion in pennies..

Idea

ChicagoAnnie

PostPosted: 05/30/14 5:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Overpaid for the Clips.. An organization that couldn't get out if it's own way for decades. Drafted a no brainer like Griff, and was gifted CP3. And, now even more valuable than the Lakers?

Jeez. Even worse than those dudes paying half a billion for the Bucks. The Bucks?!

PostPosted: 05/30/14 11:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ChicagoAnnie wrote:
Overpaid for the Clips.. An organization that couldn't get out if it's own way for decades. Drafted a no brainer like Griff, and was gifted CP3. And, now even more valuable than the Lakers?

Jeez. Even worse than those dudes paying half a billion for the Bucks. The Bucks?!

The biggest deal in the history of sports. No team of any kind or league has ever sold for 2 billion. I think an NFL franchise went for 1.7 and Manchester United sold for 1.4 (or something like that).

My team. (weeping. okay not really.)

The thing about say the Lakers is that they're not on the market. If they were… uh… I would not doubt that they could double the price paid for the Clippers. Seriously. It's that crazy. People will do anything, pay anything, when they have 20 billion anyway. You got 20 billion dollars, you can lose 19 billion and suminagun… you're still a billionaire.

But I DO believe that the record amount paid for the Clippers will change many many things now. Many things. They have, of course, had a much higher profile the last few years but this is going to lift them up to another level. Fans and players will look at the franchise not as the old Clippers who were inept for forty years etc. but as the team of superstars and Lob City of today and now as the most expensive franchise in sports history. It's like they used to say about the Steelers of the 70s. From the players on the field to the young guys in the stands… we don't know the old team. The only Steelers we know is this kick ass ball club.

Honestly. I think LeBron is in play now. You heard it here first.

PostPosted: 05/30/14 2:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jammerbirdi wrote:
The biggest deal in the history of sports. No team of any kind or league has ever sold for 2 billion. I think an NFL franchise went for 1.7 and Manchester United sold for 1.4 (or something like that).

My team. (weeping. okay not really.)

The thing about say the Lakers is that they're not on the market. If they were… uh… I would not doubt that they could double the price paid for the Clippers. Seriously. It's that crazy. People will do anything, pay anything, when they have 20 billion anyway. You got 20 billion dollars, you can lose 19 billion and suminagun… you're still a billionaire.

But I DO believe that the record amount paid for the Clippers will change many many things now. Many things. They have, of course, had a much higher profile the last few years but this is going to lift them up to another level. Fans and players will look at the franchise not as the old Clippers who were inept for forty years etc. but as the team of superstars and Lob City of today and now as the most expensive franchise in sports history. It's like they used to say about the Steelers of the 70s. From the players on the field to the young guys in the stands… we don't know the old team. The only Steelers we know is this kick ass ball club.

Honestly. I think LeBron is in play now. You heard it here first.

Hahahaha, its not without the realm of possibility but ... I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY, REALLY hope you're wrong.
hyperetic

PostPosted: 05/30/14 2:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So any math and tax whiz know how much the capitol gains tax will be out of $2B?
ChicagoAnnie

PostPosted: 05/30/14 9:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

on PTI, they were talking about how this sale, and the milwaukee sale, may open of the floodgates for longtime owners who might want to sell their teams for anyone willing to overpay like this.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: