RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

WNBA LiveAccess 2014
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

How much will LiveAccess cost this season?
46%
 46%  [ 25 ]
37%
 37%  [ 20 ]
16%
 16%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 54

Michelle89

PostPosted: 04/21/14 11:20 am    ::: WNBA LiveAccess 2014 Reply Reply with quote

How much will it be? Last year the costs increased from 5 to 15 dollars. What do you think will happen this season?

And when do you think they will have LiveAccess up and running? Last year it was on the 17th of may (9 days before the season opener).

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
UofDel_Alum

PostPosted: 04/21/14 12:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I said $20, I hope they improve the quality of their camera's and some announcers. One announcer was saying EDD's name as Elena Delle Dunn

SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 04/21/14 1:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UofDel_Alum wrote:
I said $20, I hope they improve the quality of their camera's and some announcers. One announcer was saying EDD's name as Elena Delle Dunn

Hopefully if Tulsa has the same announcer, he's more up-to-date on which player is who. I'll always remember when Maya Moore hit a 3-pointer, and he said that was Lindsay Whalen's first 3-pointer of the season. Very Happy

zune69

PostPosted: 04/21/14 1:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If it's $25,I won't be purchasing.They'll be plenty of games on espn/nba tv without the shitty announcing and camera work.I'll watch the box scores, and can tune in to the playoffs on espn.If they give me a 50% rebate on the $15 I spent last season,i'd make the purchase.

sigur3

PostPosted: 04/21/14 1:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

One billion dollars.

Seriously, if they jack up the price again I'm gonna be pissed. It's still great value compared to its counterparts in other sports leagues but the video quality, commentating quality, bugs, lack of features, etc. need to be addressed to justify this.

Queenie

PostPosted: 04/21/14 8:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think the more salient question is when they're going to start the overpriced product. You know it always takes forever. I'll take June 3rd.

PostPosted: 04/21/14 8:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I thought that the quality of the pictures improved from the year before. there were a couple of games that still looked like they were recorded on someone's camera phone (there was one from Tulsa that was unwatchable) but on the whole it improved. I watched every game that was on Live -access. I don't watch games live because ( the announcers keep talking about other games that were played the night before or last week) MY PET PEIVE. If i watch them in order and since I live in Pittsburgh the scores are not reporter on the nightly news or ever talked about on sports talk radio. I keep the lap top plugged into the 55 in in the living room and watch from my recliner. the best part is I can watch a game at 9 am with my morning coffee and when ever I have time not when they decide to put one on TV.
I though $ 15 was really inexpensive for 4 months of basketball. I don't remember how many games there were last year but it comes out to less than 50 cents a game. I think $25 or $30 is about right.

cometsfan05

PostPosted: 04/21/14 9:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If it goes up anymore than it already has they can forget about it.

NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 04/21/14 9:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

To put this in perspective, NHL gamecenter is around 160 bucks. Possibly a bit less or more. But the games are in perfect HD. Not that streaming filmy HD either. Perfect HD. 1,230 games. The WNBA has 17% of that amount of games. 17% of 160 is 27 bucks. But if I'm paying that amount, or in that neighborhood, I expect I am getting something along the lines of HD quality for my payment...and that I can watch said HD quality on my flat screen. Live access isn't too bad on a computer and via Apple TV airplay it's watchable on my TV, but sometimes barely so and it's a long way from HD. There's no apple TV or roku app either. MLB.TV premium is 130 bucks. The streams are very close to HD and quite watchable on Apple TV or Roku. Live access is not even one-third the quality of either of these services. To me it's worth 10 bucks at most given the quality of the feeds and the relative number of games to the above mentioned streaming services that actually provide HD quality. I know the WNBA is a different animal, but that being the case, act like it. Improve the service or charge what it's worth.

PhoenixxLily
I Voted

Location: South Carolina, United States, North America, Earth

PostPosted: 04/21/14 10:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

i'd like it if it went back to being free. it seriously bugged me when they started charging (and to me the quality is exactly the same as when it was a free service). if you're trying to build viewership and attract new fans... then why are you charging to watch the games on a livestream if you aren't going to air more (why not all? it's summer and a short season) games on tv where people have ready access? making them pay to watch something that they're not sure they're interested in just doesn't seem like a good way to gain viewers. people will just say, eh why bother.

i complain about it but when the price was instituted i paid it. when the price hike came in i paid that too. i, along with everyone else here, love the wnba and i actually care to watch the games soooo i kinda had no choice. but if the price goes up any more i might not pay this season. simply because i'm not sure i'll have the extra money to spare (at least the month the season starts.... they don't even reduce the price if you purchase at a date later in the season. which would be helpful even if you couldn't access game archives from previous dates)

DTP

PostPosted: 04/21/14 10:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I am a subscribing to NBA League Pass and MLB.tv too and let me tell you, I prefer Live Access over both of them. With that being said, hopefully it's $15 again. Simply because $350 on broadband sport packages a year is enough for me.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 04/22/14 4:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
I think the more salient question is when they're going to start the overpriced product. You know it always takes forever. I'll take June 3rd.

Last year it was 9 days before the season opener. Im going with 5 days so probably the 11th of may Laughing

Just checked in the 2014 schedule and Live Access is not listed behind the games yet. So hopefully they fix that soon

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
kool-aide

PostPosted: 04/22/14 9:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I've heard NBA liveaccess has had technical glitches and problems, too. And it costs a lot more than the WNBA liveaccess. The main liveaccess feed relies upon the arena cameras & feed so I'm

WNBA execs better not increase the price much at all. The jump last year was an obvious "3 to See" money grab. Not the same PR excitement being drummed up this year. Everyone else's wages are stagnant. If it is $25 I won't buy. Which would suck b/c I don't have cable tv. But to triple the price one year and then not quite double it the next is not a business practice I can support.

I filled out the survey they sent last summer and said as much in terms of price.

NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 04/22/14 9:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DTP wrote:
I am a subscribing to NBA League Pass and MLB.tv too and let me tell you, I prefer Live Access over both of them. With that being said, hopefully it's $15 again. Simply because $350 on broadband sport packages a year is enough for me.

I hear NBA league pass is pretty bad. If you get an apple TV or roku box you can watch MLB.tv through the app...unless you already do that.

Shades

PostPosted: 04/22/14 11:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

kool-aide wrote:
I've heard NBA liveaccess has had technical glitches and problems, too. And it costs a lot more than the WNBA liveaccess. The main liveaccess feed relies upon the arena cameras & feed so I'm

WNBA execs better not increase the price much at all. The jump last year was an obvious "3 to See" money grab. Not the same PR excitement being drummed up this year. Everyone else's wages are stagnant. If it is $25 I won't buy. Which would suck b/c I don't have cable tv. But to triple the price one year and then not quite double it the next is not a business practice I can support.

I filled out the survey they sent last summer and said as much in terms of price.

The latest draft was the most viewed of all time, so oh oh.

I hate when somebody feels a need to start a topic like this. The indication has been that the majority of people are willing to pay more, and the end result has always been a price increase.

Thanks a lot, Michelle.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Michelle89

PostPosted: 04/22/14 4:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
kool-aide wrote:

The latest draft was the most viewed of all time, so oh oh.

I hate when somebody feels a need to start a topic like this. The indication has been that the majority of people are willing to pay more, and the end result has always been a price increase.

Thanks a lot, Michelle.

Your welcome

Str8_Butta

PostPosted: 04/22/14 5:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I've never really had any issues with NBA League Pass, I only watch it however when the free previews roll around!

I'm not willing to pay too much more for Live Access, I don't care if others are or not because unless they fix the s*** that continues to be a problem EVERY YEAR it's not worth a price hike!

PostPosted: 04/22/14 5:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If the WNBA charges more than last year I will not sign up for it. The video quality if not good enough to deserve a price increase. I will be satisfied watching the games on ESPN and NBATV.

PostPosted: 04/22/14 6:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Let me see now, watching ESPN about 10 games or watching every game in the WNBA on Live Access and ESPN. Let me think about that a second.

I connect my computer to a 55 inch tv and I do enjoy watching the WNBA games.

DTP

PostPosted: 04/22/14 6:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Str8_Butta wrote:
I've never really had any issues with NBA League Pass, I only watch it however when the free previews roll around!

I'm not willing to pay too much more for Live Access, I don't care if others are or not because unless they fix the s*** that continues to be a problem EVERY YEAR it's not worth a price hike!

League Pass is maybe a 4 or 5 on a scale of 10....and that's being generous. They really need to improve their product and customer service. It usually takes about two weeks for their customer service to respond....completely ridiculous.

NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 04/22/14 6:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UofDel_Alum wrote:
Let me see now, watching ESPN about 10 games or watching every game in the WNBA on Live Access and ESPN. Let me think about that a second.

I certainly enjoy having the option. And there are a fair amount of games on NBA TV if a person has it. I could see though where a person at some point would think the price outweighs the quality.

FS02

PostPosted: 04/22/14 7:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'd love to say I'd hold out, but the truth of the matter is I can't go to games so there'd be little point in even having a WNBA if I didn't buy live access.

But I think what they should really do is have some number of games for free, and then charge so there's at least a chance of getting some new customers. Yeah, games on ESPN do that as well, but there are so few on any on any more, even a dedicated couch potato could watch TV all summer without stumbling onto one.

PostPosted: 04/22/14 7:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UofDel_Alum wrote:

Can you explain how to do that? I don't like watching it all on a computer screen.) (You can send me a pm if you prefer to do it that way rather than divert this thread.)

UofDel_Alum

PostPosted: 04/22/14 7:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Message sent to you Randy

ClayK

PostPosted: 04/23/14 9:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So let's say it's $25.

Let's say that 75% of the games are decent broadcasts.

How much is that per game?

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: