RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

2015 WNBA Mock Draft
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 55, 56, 57  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 04/19/14 1:57 pm    ::: 2015 WNBA Mock Draft Reply Reply with quote

The WNBA mock draft site seems to have upped their game this year as compared to years past. This could be a good sign for the WNBA if indications are that they are getting heavier traffic for the WNBA branch, and possibly big numbers of complaint emails on how bad they've been. They may have finally concluded it's time to take the WNBA more seriously.

They must have someone fairly knowledgable on the WNBA working with them and making a somewhat plausable initial draft. They don't value Reshanda Gray as much as I do, but we seem to be on the same level with Rachel Banham. I projected Banham at #6 before her junior year started. I haven't wavered on that point yet. If the Gopher program becomes more prominent next season, maybe she could possibly jump to that 4th lottery spot.

I also like how the site has projected the outcome of the 2014 WNBA season instead of using the outcome of the previous year as they have done in the past. They are projecting CON to finish last in the league and LAS to finish first. They have NYL doing well, finishing 5th in the league by regular season record. They have the Lynx projected finishing 2nd, but I won't hate on them. I respect that they actually made an effort to project an outcome to the 2014 WNBA season and made it somewhat plausible. Too soon to say how accurate it'll be.

And so the draft banter officially begins again for the 2015 season....
http://www.draftsite.com/wnba/mock-draft/2015/

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned

Last edited by Shades on 04/19/14 3:26 pm; edited 2 times in total
zune69

PostPosted: 04/19/14 2:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm starting to think you're the owner of draftsite.com shades.They have KML listed at 6'0 tall.

No Bria Smith in the 1st RD ?

Last edited by zune69 on 04/19/14 2:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
sigur3

PostPosted: 04/19/14 2:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'd like to avoid talking about this draft for as long as possible. Egad, what a terrible class this is.

Also, who wrote this? How do we know how credible it is? This site pops up everywhere but I still don't know anything about it.

root_thing

PostPosted: 04/19/14 2:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Where's Dearica Hamby? I suspect an athletic 6-3 player who led the ACC in both scoring and rebounding might get taken in the 1st Round of a weak draft. Confused

And even though she plays at a mid-major, I think Crystal Bradford will go ahead of most if not all of those guards.

PostPosted: 04/19/14 2:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
Where's Dearica Hamby? I suspect an athletic 6-3 player who led the ACC in both scoring and rebounding might get taken in the 1st Round of a weak draft. Confused

And even though she plays at a mid-major, I think Crystal Bradford will go ahead of most if not all of those guards.

Ahead of Banham? Not seeing it, but maybe you liked Coley in this year's draft. Wink

myrtle

PostPosted: 04/19/14 2:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Chicago as tops in the East with no Big Syl for half the year and no starting SF Rolling Eyes

cometsfan05

PostPosted: 04/19/14 2:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This person does know Fowles is out for an unknown amount of time right??

Shades

PostPosted: 04/19/14 3:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
I'm starting to think you're the owner of draftsite.com shades.They have KML listed at 6'0 tall.

No Bria Smith in the 1st RD ?

You mean you went to all that trouble finding short looking pics of KML, but you didn't bother to take the time to look at her height listed at the offical UConn site? Smile

I've been taking the WNBA draft pretty seriously since about 2010. You can't say that about this site.

2013: http://boards.rebkell.net/viewtopic.php?t=69637
2012: http://boards.rebkell.net/viewtopic.php?t=65036
2011: http://boards.rebkell.net/viewtopic.php?t=62459

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 04/19/14 4:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Massengale will be in the 1st round. Pass first pg...wel. depends on her performance next season.

PostPosted: 04/19/14 4:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hang in there Myrtle, I feel when Big Syl gets back (this year) this Chicago Sky team is going to be better than last year.

myrtle

PostPosted: 04/19/14 4:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Massengale will be in the 1st round. Pass first pg...wel. depends on her performance next season.

imo she's been a great disappointment. On the other hand, I think Izzi will be a top 2 or 3.

zune69

PostPosted: 04/19/14 4:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

You mean you went to all that trouble finding short looking pics of KML, but you didn't bother to take the time to look at her height listed at the offical UConn site? Smile

I never trust the height listings in school media guides or websites.My opinion is not formed until I have a 2nd,3rd & 4th confirmation.Case in point,the uconn website list Hartley at 5'8 & KML at 6'0.That's a 4 inch height difference.I'm not buying it.Multiple photographic evidence suggest otherwise.I see a 2 inch difference,not 4.Imo,KML is 5'11 tops and Hartley is 5'9.KML not being 6'0 doesn't matter at all,the girl can ball and shoot the lights out.I just hate when schools fudge the numbers.

If KML is 6'0,that would make her the same height as maya. Smile

Shades

PostPosted: 04/19/14 4:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

You're a little too obsessed with this, zune. I just wish you realized that when you show players in their personal garb, you have to show the feet. Heels or no heels can make a big difference.

In the draft pictures, Simmons was wearing skyscraper heels. I'd say she was the shortest of the invitees this year.

p_d_swanson

PostPosted: 04/19/14 5:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UConn always listed Barb Turner as a six-footer, too. Then she got to the WNBA predraft camp and measured 5'9 1/2". Likewise, Ann Strother went from 6'3" to 6'0 1/2"...

Queenie

PostPosted: 04/19/14 5:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

p_d_swanson wrote:
UConn always listed Barb Turner as a six-footer, too. Then she got to the WNBA predraft camp and measured 5'9 1/2". Likewise, Ann Strother went from 6'3" to 6'0 1/2"...

Ah, so UConn uses 2 1/2" heels. Got it. Razz

PostPosted: 04/19/14 5:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
You're a little too obsessed with this, zune. I just wish you realized that when you show players in their personal garb, you have to show the feet. Heels or no heels can make a big difference.

In the draft pictures, Simmons was wearing skyscraper heels. I'd say she was the shortest of the invitees this year.

Just putting some visual evidence together to back up my viewpoint.But if you think KML is 6'0,fine, she's 6 feet tall.

Shades

PostPosted: 04/19/14 5:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Shades wrote:

Just putting some visual evidence together to back up my viewpoint.But if you think KML is 6'0,fine, she's 6 feet tall.

I don't care if she's 6'0. She could be 5'10 but that doesn't change my mind about her ideal position. You seem to be saying she can't possibly be an SF if she's below 6'0.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 04/19/14 5:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
zune69 wrote:
Shades wrote:

I don't care if she's 6'0. She could be 5'10 but that doesn't change my mind about her ideal position. You seem to be saying she can't possibly be an SF if she's below 6'0.

Are you not saying the same thing about Monica Wright Wink
Even though Monica is stronger, faster on her feet and a better defender then KML..

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
pilight

PostPosted: 04/19/14 5:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I have little doubt that this site took KML's height number directly from the UConn website with no further research.

As for...

myrtle wrote:
Chicago as tops in the East with no Big Syl for half the year and no starting SF Rolling Eyes

...I agree this is a poor projection. There's only one team in the east that's ready to win right now and it's the same team that's been winning (three trips to the finals in the last four years). All the rest have too many holes and/or question marks.

PostPosted: 04/19/14 5:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
Shades wrote:
zune69 wrote:
Shades wrote:

Are you not saying the same thing about Monica Wright Wink

Even though Monica is stronger, faster on her feet and a better defender then KML..

And, never injured!

zune69

PostPosted: 04/19/14 6:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

Here is a summarization of what I said about KML.

1)If Tulsa drafted KML,it wouldn't be wise to start her at SF with the Current state of their roster.

2)KML can backup at the Small forward position depending on the matchup

3)If KML returns to her level of fitness and play that she had in her sophomore year,she'd have more success at SG becuase she has the ability to post up smaller defenders.

TRUTH BE TOLD,IF KML DOESN'T IMPROVE HER FITNESS SHE'LL BE COMING OFF THE BENCH.

Shades

PostPosted: 04/19/14 6:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
1)If Tulsa drafted KML,it wouldn't be wise to start her at SF with the current state of their roster.

If you've been listening to Williams' interviews, there's talk of using a 3 guard lineup, presumably Diggins, Sims, and Williams.... probably based on matchups and most likely because they are the best perimeter players on the team. I'd say KLM at the SF is a step up from the three guard system.

Quote:
2)KML can backup at the Small forward position depending on the matchup

3)If KML returns to her level of fitness and play that she had in her sophomore year,she'd have more success at SG becuase she has the ability to post up smaller defenders.

TRUTH BE TOLD,IF KML DOESN'T IMPROVE HER FITNESS SHE'LL BE COMING OFF THE BENCH.

You must not agree she's the #1 pick then, because I can't see the #1 pick coming off the bench. If USunn gets the #1 pick I suppose it could get a little dicey with them having Thomas.

root_thing

PostPosted: 04/19/14 6:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
root_thing wrote:

Ahead of Banham? Not seeing it, but maybe you liked Coley in this year's draft. Wink

I like Banham. That's why I said "most if not all." She was the possible exception. However, they're very different and it comes down to what a team is looking for. Bradford is a big guard. She was 4th on Team USA in scoring at the World University games (behind Hartley, KML, Sims) despite coming off the bench. It's noteworthy that she got more playing time than either Liston or Schimmel.

So, tell me again where Maggie Lucas went in the 1st Round? Razz

PostPosted: 04/19/14 7:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

i hope minney gets Banham; somehow trade for her or something. am big fan of that women.

SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 04/19/14 7:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jlight wrote:
i hope minney gets Banham; somehow trade for her or something. am big fan of that women.

It might not be worth it with all the guards the Lynx currently have, as I doubt the Lynx are going to trade Monica Wright, their one valuable asset for trading not named Maya Moore (or any of the other starters). We can wait six years for her like we did with Whalen. Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 55, 56, 57  Next
Page 1 of 57

Jump to: