RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

2015 WNBA Mock Draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 55, 56, 57  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 11/17/14 11:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
The #1 spot is available for whatever senior wants to step up and take it.

Okay, anonymous WNBA GM.

Shades

PostPosted: 11/18/14 12:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

O'Neill postgame after KEN's victory over Baylor.
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=11895223

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
p_d_swanson

PostPosted: 11/18/14 2:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
The #1 spot is available for whatever senior wants to step up and take it.

Agler's going to need plenty of beers after that one...

ClayK

PostPosted: 11/18/14 12:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think it's pretty obvious that KML is not really a top overall pick. Sure, it was one bad game, but her weaknesses seem to be fundamental. (Stewart, for example, played poorly, but the skills were still evident.)

KML cannot defend, either on-ball or on the pick-and-roll. She cannot create her own shot.

These two deficiencies don't seem fixable unless she loses 25 pounds or so, and even then, you don't know for sure.

I do think she's a WNBA player because she can shoot it, and she's a reasonably smart player (I give her a pass for the confusion at the end of the game), and most likely a first-round pick. But there's no way she's No. 1.

PostPosted: 11/18/14 1:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
I think it's pretty obvious that KML is not really a top overall pick. Sure, it was one bad game, but her weaknesses seem to be fundamental. (Stewart, for example, played poorly, but the skills were still evident.)

KML cannot defend, either on-ball or on the pick-and-roll. She cannot create her own shot.

These two deficiencies don't seem fixable unless she loses 25 pounds or so, and even then, you don't know for sure.

I do think she's a WNBA player because she can shoot it, and she's a reasonably smart player (I give her a pass for the confusion at the end of the game), and most likely a first-round pick. But there's no way she's No. 1.

The $64,000 question is, is there any "No. 1"-worthy picks in this upcoming draft?

stever

PostPosted: 11/18/14 1:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Here's a list from one of the "writers" at Bleacher Report:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2271471-2015-wnba-mock-draft-complete-1st-round-predictions-for-every-team

Shades

PostPosted: 11/18/14 4:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

stever wrote:
Here's a list from one of the "writers" at Bleacher Report:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2271471-2015-wnba-mock-draft-complete-1st-round-predictions-for-every-team

It was refreshing seeing a male sports dominated site being so up on what's happening in wcbb. It's a decent mock draft based on the young season. It's really too early to make a realistic set in stone mock draft for THIS season.

pilight

PostPosted: 11/18/14 6:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Who would have ever thought a team with the Dark Angel would be described as having "the most balanced offense in the WNBA"?

PostPosted: 11/18/14 6:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Who would have ever thought a team with the Dark Angel would be described as having "the most balanced offense in the WNBA"?

I disagree with what position they think ATL needs. How about you?

pilight

PostPosted: 11/18/14 7:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
pilight wrote:

We do need a PG, but I don't see us solving that in this draft. We could use another big.

PostPosted: 11/18/14 7:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Shades wrote:
pilight wrote:

We do need a PG, but I don't see us solving that in this draft. We could use another big.

What is Dumerc?

PostPosted: 11/18/14 8:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jet Jaguar wrote:
pilight wrote:
Shades wrote:
pilight wrote:

What is Dumerc?

We need a PG who can hit at least 30% from the floor.

PostPosted: 11/18/14 9:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

Just say no to Bleacher Report, folks...

ballch87

PostPosted: 11/18/14 11:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:
ClayK wrote:

The $64,000 question is, is there any "No. 1"-worthy picks in this upcoming draft?

I think a Power forward goes #1.

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 11/19/14 1:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ballch87 wrote:
SpaceJunkie wrote:
ClayK wrote:

True. The best post player at the end of the 2015 season will probably get drafted first. The bleacher report has the Sky drafting Welch. Yuck. I am not saying that she is a bad player. She is just not what the Sky need with that #5 pick. Welch is an undersized power forward. I would rather the Sky roll the dice on a player like Crystal Bradford. Bradford is more dynamic and can guard tall perimeter players because she is six feet tall just like Welch. Now know this I am not saying the Sky should draft Bradford just that I would prefer Bradford over Welch. Wink

PostPosted: 11/19/14 8:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
ballch87 wrote:
SpaceJunkie wrote:
ClayK wrote:

True. The best post player at the end of the 2015 season will probably get drafted first. The bleacher report has the Sky drafting Welch. Yuck. I am not saying that she is a bad player. She is just not what the Sky need with that #5 pick. Welch is an undersized power forward. I would rather the Sky roll the dice on a player like Crystal Bradford. Bradford is more dynamic and can guard tall perimeter players because she is six feet tall just like Welch. Now know this I am not saying the Sky should draft Bradford just that I would prefer Bradford over Welch. Wink

The Sky seem to love their mid major players: Delle Donne, Vandersloot, Tamera Young, Faulkner, (used to have Dupree), and now Bradford? Mid major capitol of the WNBA.

SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 11/19/14 9:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:
ballch87 wrote:
SpaceJunkie wrote:
ClayK wrote:

The Sky seem to love their mid major players: Delle Donne, Vandersloot, Tamera Young, Faulkner, (used to have Dupree), and now Bradford? Mid major capitol of the WNBA.

It's just coincidence they all went to mid-major schools, not intentional. Razz

Shades

PostPosted: 11/19/14 10:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:
Shades wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:
ballch87 wrote:
SpaceJunkie wrote:
ClayK wrote:

Hard to measure intent. You'd have to assume. They definitely don't avoid them.

SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 11/19/14 10:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
SpaceJunkie wrote:
Shades wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:
ballch87 wrote:
SpaceJunkie wrote:
ClayK wrote:

Of course they don't avoid them, but they don't just acquires players just because their from mid-majors.
Delle Donne most obvious pick ever at #2 in 2013. Pokey wanted a PG in 2011, and many considered Vandersloot top PG coming into draft; Pokey wanted backup PG last year, but none worth drafting in the first round unless was going to wait a year on Chelsea Gray, so chose to fill backup C instead and waited until the 3rd round to get one.

ballch87

PostPosted: 11/19/14 12:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
ballch87 wrote:
SpaceJunkie wrote:
ClayK wrote:

I think it'll be between Williams , Harrison and Hamby. I by far think Hamby is the best power forward if not player in this draft but we know how political things can get. Her not being on a premier basketball team will be the draw back. If they win, she has a great chance to go first.

ballch87

PostPosted: 11/19/14 12:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Welch won't stay on a WNBA roster.

Shades

PostPosted: 11/19/14 1:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:
Shades wrote:
SpaceJunkie wrote:
Shades wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:
ballch87 wrote:
SpaceJunkie wrote:
ClayK wrote:

Of course they don't avoid them, but they don't just acquires players just because their from mid-majors.
Delle Donne most obvious pick ever at #2 in 2013. Pokey wanted a PG in 2011, and many considered Vandersloot top PG coming into draft; Pokey wanted backup PG last year, but none worth drafting in the first round unless was going to wait a year on Chelsea Gray, so chose to fill backup C instead and waited until the 3rd round to get one.

Some teams do avoid them, so to say it's completely incidental is incorrect.

That said, you can't really consider Delle Donne a true mid major level player since she was pursued by UConn, but they're still the capitol unless you can spot a team with more.

Shades

PostPosted: 11/19/14 1:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ballch87 wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:
ballch87 wrote:
SpaceJunkie wrote:
ClayK wrote:

I think it'll be between Williams , Harrison and Hamby. I by far think Hamby is the best power forward if not player in this draft but we know how political things can get. Her not being on a premier basketball team will be the draw back. If they win, she has a great chance to go first.

Why are you discounting Gray?

Wake Forest is about as close to a mid major as a major conference gets, so maybe CHI should give her a look. Smile

ballch87

PostPosted: 11/19/14 1:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
ballch87 wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:
ballch87 wrote:
SpaceJunkie wrote:
ClayK wrote:

Why are you discounting Gray?

Wake Forest is about as close to a mid major as a major conference gets, so maybe CHI should give her a look. Smile

Sorry , slipped my mind.

ballch87

PostPosted: 11/19/14 1:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hmm, I wouldn't go as far to say that. They're still in one of the best conferences if not the best conference in the country.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 55, 56, 57  Next
Page 14 of 57

Jump to: