RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Any 2014 info?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA Collectibles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chadb

PostPosted: 04/15/14 9:14 pm    ::: Any 2014 info? Reply Reply with quote

Curious if it will be Rittenhouse again (I hope not....I miss the days of chasing parallels and chase cards)....

Queenie

PostPosted: 04/24/14 9:20 pm    ::: Re: Any 2014 info? Reply Reply with quote

chadb wrote:
Curious if it will be Rittenhouse again (I hope not....I miss the days of chasing parallels and chase cards)....

I miss packs. I miss hordes of commons that you could win a little kid's heart with. I miss having extra cards to get signed- sets are too expensive, IMO, to get the cards since 2009 signed.

(now with spelling variations)
ccollin13

PostPosted: 06/07/14 10:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Not sure of the accuracy of this website, but here's what I've found so far:

https://scifihobby.com/products/wnba/2014/

http://www.beckett.com/news/2014/06/first-look-2014-wnba-trading-cards/

Still limited run of 500 factory sets of 100 base cards. One set is $169.

Indicates there will be 4 signature cards this year: Chiney Ogwumike, Nneka Ogwumike (??), Stefanie Dolson, and Bria Hartley. Buy three sets and you get card signed by both Nneka and Chiney.

Out August 8.

PostPosted: 06/08/14 10:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I fucking hate Rittenhouse and their stupid fucking limited runs and their obscene stupid fucking price points and their stupid fucking autograph selections.

(now with spelling variations)
Richard 77

PostPosted: 06/09/14 5:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
I fucking hate Rittenhouse and their stupid fucking limited runs and their obscene stupid fucking price points and their stupid fucking autograph selections.

I've written to RH three or four times, but from the replies I get back, they want me to believe they know what they're doing and that I don't know squat. It's like talking to a brick wall, and I seem to be talking to a lot of brick walls these days. I'm getting tired of talking to brick walls... tired and frustrated.

If you cannot inspire yourself to read a book about women's basketball, or any book about women's sports, you cannot inspire any young girl or boy to write a book about them. http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Richardstrek
HistoryWomensBasketball

PostPosted: 06/10/14 6:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

169 for a set of basketball cards? while factory sets were considered to be in the best shape.. pulling stars out of a pack was something I looked forward to every spring and summer with my 50 cent allowance

I won't be buying sets like this.

www.barnstormingamerica.net
ccollin13

PostPosted: 07/14/14 7:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

http://www.scifihobby.com/products/checklist.cfm?SetID=303

Some preview images on this site.

It's such an absolute shame how the sets are handled. The card frame actually looks great this year (I thought the 2013 were waaaay overdone with the new league font/logo/color scheme). But yet again, I won't be buying any.

Booster packs is, and always should be, the way to go with trading cards. Magic the Gathering players call them "cardboard crack" because it's addicting to open up packs and see what you get, with the chance of opening elusive rares. I would probably sink $50 in booster packs, if that was an option, to see what cards I would open and to trade with other people or give away to potential fans or small children. I find it hard to even comprehend that boosters are not available for WNBA cards.

Something else I noticed. I've only been a fan since 2011, but I saw while google searching that in 2009 at least, the league had announcements about the cards on the WNBA.com website. Now? I don't think I've ever seen the dot com give two shits about the cards. Not even gonna promote their product that they got paid to have licensed. What the actual frick.

PostPosted: 08/10/14 6:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Anyone watching the new cards on ebay? I just purchased the double auto of Nneka and Chiney, just in case my dealer didn't get the three sets I asked for. If he did, I should have two of the double autos. Interesting how dealers are selling the cards cheaper than what RH was asking for.

If you cannot inspire yourself to read a book about women's basketball, or any book about women's sports, you cannot inspire any young girl or boy to write a book about them. http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Richardstrek
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA Collectibles All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: