RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Teddy Bears on TV

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pilight

PostPosted: 01/29/05 3:07 pm    ::: Teddy Bears on TV Reply Reply with quote

http://www2.mercer.edu/Athletics/News/050128a.htm

I'll be there, so look for me in the crowd!

It's icy out, so attendance probably won't be that great even though it's homecoming.

PostPosted: 01/29/05 4:18 pm    ::: Re: Teddy Bears on TV Reply Reply with quote

I saw the Bears a couple years ago @ Long Beach. There was a kid named Lee Lee Cannon who's game reminded me of Gary Payton. Whatever happend to her?

pilight

PostPosted: 01/29/05 4:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lee Lee Cannon transferred to Cumberland University, an NAIA school in Tennessee. She's a senior there this year. They are coached by a former Mercer assistant, Clint Mason. She only played one year at Mercer, she was a JUCO transfer.

PostPosted: 01/29/05 5:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think the game I saw her play in was her first one after transfering to Mercer.
There was another kid @ Mercer who made "Cryin' Kelley" look like the bluebird of happiness. I swear the poor thing was in tears the whole game.

4ever_bball_fan

PostPosted: 01/29/05 6:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hey, if you follow the Atlantic Sun Conference, I am checking the Gametracker right now on the Jacksonville/UCF game...and, you won't believe it, but Jacksonville has a 14 point lead!!! Senior pg Rebecca Montz has 13 points, and that rarely happens. Most opposing coaches cover her up and the rest of the team...well, their big girl, Yo Jack is out with an injury, so it is really tough for them this season. I really like Stinson and Alford, who are new to the team this year. They have a new coach this year, too, so that makes even more adjustments.

I really hope the Lady Dolphins get their first conference win today!!

pilight

PostPosted: 01/29/05 8:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

They announced the JU-UCF score during the game and we were all shocked.

The Teddy Bears looked as good as they have all season. We jumped out early, let the Camels make a push at the end of the half to pull within 4, then pulled away and were never seriously threatened in the second.

If you saw it on TV, when they showed the announcers during halftime you might have seen a foot in a tennis shoe behind the women's head that occasionally moved. That was me!

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: