RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

KB Sharp

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Str8_Butta

PostPosted: 01/29/05 3:23 am    ::: KB Sharp Reply Reply with quote

I think that this will be the year that KB steps up and helps out the Liberty, she seems like she's ready.

Quote:
Since K.B. has arrived in Israel to play for Hapoel Tel Aviv in the Israeli league she has led them to a 2 and 2 record, which allowed them to go from 8th place to 6th place. In her 38.5 minutes per game K.B. is averaging 12.3 points and 4 assists per contest. What makes this even more remarkable is that K.B. is shooting over 60% from the field and has a 3 to 1 assist to turnover ratio. K.B. and Hapoel Tel Aviv will next play Anda Ramat Hasharon on January 31st.

This is from KB's official website, I have been checking out the Boxscores @ Safsal and she is playing well.

inky

PostPosted: 01/29/05 2:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

You need to keep the calibre of play of the Israeli league in mind.

Simone Edwards, a WNBA bench player at best, was the star of the league for many years, always leading her team in scoring. She was such a star, she always had a limo to take her where she needed to go, and hundreds of Israeli fans have travelled to Seattle to watch her play.

I'm not so impressed with great performances that happen there.

Str8_Butta

PostPosted: 01/29/05 3:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

inky wrote:

Simone Edwards, a WNBA bench player at best, was the star of the league for many years, always leading her team in scoring. She was such a star, she always had a limo to take her where she needed to go, and hundreds of Israeli fans have travelled to Seattle to watch her play.

I understand that but I'm still happy for KB, it's good for her confidence.

Lior

PostPosted: 01/29/05 3:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

inky wrote:

Hold on a minute there. I'm from Israel and you're way off. Simone was one of the leading scorers & rebounders here because she played almost 40 minutes per game and was the #1 option on her teams. She's been doing the same damn thing in Italy for the last couple of years last time I checked.

Did Simone tell you she had a limo take her around? lol she's funny if she did...

Israel has the most WNBA players out of every other league in Europe thank you very much...

Oh and if you know Simone then you should know that hundreds of people here love her regardless of her game.

Slovydal

PostPosted: 01/29/05 4:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Simone is one of the nicest players I've met in the W. Didn't Pilight say she speaks Hebrew? I can understand her being a fan favorite over there.

pilight

PostPosted: 01/29/05 4:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Slovydal wrote:
Simone is one of the nicest players I've met in the W. Didn't Pilight say she speaks Hebrew? I can understand her being a fan favorite over there.

She does speak Hebrew, if you can imagine Hebrew with a Jamaican accent.

PostPosted: 01/29/05 6:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

There aren't really strong leagues in Europe for American standards simply because the way they play basketball, well, it's just different. You could make a case for Russia, but they have only 3 good teams, so for the most part, players on those 3 teams are playing bad teams. Spain is so-so and Italy is a bit better, but not much, although they have more competition than any of the other leagues I mentioned. I am not prepared to talk about Israel as much as GoLib is and I believe what she says in terms of having a decent level of competition. Good players will be good players no matter where they play and subpar players in the W can eventually be better overseas, but it doesn't mean that the league is weak. It means they are primary offensive options. Snow, for instance, has been rather dominant in Italy. Who's to say she wouldn't have such a good performance in the W if she were given more touches?
Also, Penny Taylor and Adriana Moises have been named POTW there over and over. Adriana was MVP of the Italian League. Penny is just as good in the W. Would Adriana be just as good with more PT? How can you know?
I am willing to give KB another year. I don't think our current coaching staff will help her develop her game because they are just not qualified, so she has to take this opportunity and do it herself. As for Shameka and D-Train, they will dominate in their own way in the W if given the minutes, no doubt about that.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: