RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Atlanta Dream 2014
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 29, 30, 31  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dynasty0207

PostPosted: 04/04/14 12:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So ATL should be looking to draft wing player or post??

Natasha Howard could be a good fit, I think.

Fishhappy

PostPosted: 04/04/14 1:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Fishhappy wrote:
djtaner07 wrote:
Dream's biggest need is PG who can really play as a ball handler so they'll prolly pick one of Bias, Hartley, Gray maybe Schimel and they should pick forward on second round, could be Slaugter, İDK i dont watch too much NCAA but i watched her couple of times and looked good and can still improve her game so who knows... Rolling Eyes

That need has been answered in Spades. I wouldn't take Dumerc over Sue Bird or D-rob but she is better than most of the starting point guards in the league.

Wait, did you just leave the best PG off that list?

Yep--- I forgot Lindsay Whalen. My Bad

Jet Jaguar

PostPosted: 04/04/14 2:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
<iframe width="640" height="420" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/jXRqprhpB78" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I love you Shades. Cool

PostPosted: 04/04/14 2:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nice video about Dumerc and her team Bourges making the final 8 of the Euroleague
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQJMxfj9ia0

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
myrtle

PostPosted: 04/04/14 2:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

C - Erika/Colhado
PF - Sancho/Henry
SF- Angel/Hayes
SG - Ajavon/Thomas
PG - Dumerc/[Prahalis or Thomas]

plus pick #8,
and two of Prahalis, #18,#20, Clements, Gemelos, Player, Willingham, et. al.

Willingham is close to useless so it looks like #8 should be a post and #18 and 20 will be guards to compete for those last two spots. It's starting to round into shape.

Shades

PostPosted: 04/07/14 1:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ATL to hold open practice May 10.

http://www.oursportscentral.com/services/releases/?id=4764569

Randy or pilight, looks like your our reporters for this event. Smile

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
cometsfan05

PostPosted: 04/07/14 2:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
C - Erika/Colhado
PF - Sancho/Henry
SF- Angel/Hayes
SG - Ajavon/Thomas

plus pick #8,

Willingham is close to useless so it looks like #8 should be a post and #18 and 20 will be guards to compete for those last two spots. It's starting to round into shape.

8 should be a guard.

Coach wants to win I so expect Tip to start. Ajavon is terrible. She should and wil hopefully be on the bench where she belongs.

Randy

PostPosted: 04/07/14 3:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
C - Erika/Colhado
PF - Sancho/Henry
SF- Angel/Hayes
SG - Ajavon/Thomas

plus pick #8,

Henry normally was backup to Erika, though I always thought she could back up Sancho as well. In the playoffs she was tried at the 4 and had a few good games. Hayes kind of rotated between SG and SF (Angel's backup.) For sure, she should be a starter now. I think Thomas plays at both SG and PG off the bench.

I'm really not sold on Hooper, but she's probably the only pf left by No. 8, so it could happen.

So I'd have it like this:

Erika/Henry
Sancho/Henry/??
Angel/Hayes/??
Hayes/Ajavon/Thomas
Dumerc/Thomas & Prahalis - order TBD

That's 9. Agree on Willingham. They need 3 point shooting. So I'm still hoping for Shoni or Liston, but could see them picking Hooper though she is not my first or second choice.

Shades

PostPosted: 04/07/14 5:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
myrtle wrote:
C - Erika/Colhado
PF - Sancho/Henry
SF- Angel/Hayes
SG - Ajavon/Thomas

plus pick #8,

Henry normally was backup to Erika, though I always thought she could back up Sancho as well. In the playoffs she was tried at the 4 and had a few good games. Hayes kind of rotated between SG and SF (Angel's backup.) For sure, she should be a starter now. I think Thomas plays at both SG and PG off the bench.

I'm really not sold on Hooper, but she's probably the only pf left by No. 8, so it could happen.

Erika/Henry
Sancho/Henry/??
Angel/Hayes/??
Hayes/Ajavon/Thomas

That's 9. Agree on Willingham. They need 3 point shooting. So I'm still hoping for Shoni or Liston, but could see them picking Hooper though she is not my first or second choice.

I don't see Hooper as a PF at the next level, but if you want to go that route. With Hooper, think Maya Moore but not nearly as good.

It's interesting how the new GM and coach both have PAC12 leanings but your team is devoid of PAC12 talent. Might that be changing soon? What could be some possibilities? Brandon? Harberts? Make a list. Check it twice.

dynasty0207

PostPosted: 04/07/14 5:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't see Hooper fitting in with the personality of ATL's team at all. And I think she will have a very difficult time defending and rebounding at the 4 spot. I think Minnesota would be a good fit for Hooper, or Seattle.

Natasha Howard could be available at #8.

SportzJunky

PostPosted: 04/08/14 6:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So everyone has forgot about Peters or just doesnt have confidence in her? I think the Duke players are actually at an advantage because they have more growth potential (because of lack of coaching in college). Peters is reported as a hard worker and she is a stretch 4 but people have forgotten her. She tough, rebounds, and with the right coaching can learn how to utilize her strengths more. She also played some SF this year so she should be able adjust to the faster paced game at the PF.

PostPosted: 04/08/14 6:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SportzJunky wrote:
So everyone has forgot about Peters or just doesnt have confidence in her? I think the Duke players are actually at an advantage because they have more growth potential (because of lack of coaching in college). Peters is reported as a hard worker and she is a stretch 4 but people have forgotten her. She tough, rebounds, and with the right coaching can learn how to utilize her strengths more. She also played some SF this year so she should be able adjust to the faster paced game at the PF.

So I guess you are not voting for Duke as the top "culitvator of talent" in the other thread. Laughing The downside to Duke players is also the lack of coaching in college - they didn't learn it in college and the pros don't often take the time to develop players. So seems to me like its a disadvantage.

SportzJunky

PostPosted: 04/08/14 7:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
SportzJunky wrote:

So I guess you are not voting for Duke as the top "culitvator of talent" in the other thread. Laughing The downside to Duke players is also the lack of coaching in college - they didn't learn it in college and the pros don't often take the time to develop players. So seems to me like its a disadvantage.

Not necessarily...a good amount of Duke athletes have good B ball IQ BUT our coach will not let them utilize it. You have 3 kinds of coaches: Good all around coaches like Geno (ugh), Muffet, Jeff W., Bad coaches like Coach P, Brenda F. (she not the worse but makes some really bad decisions), etc. and then coaches who can get enough talent and let the players take charge (like Coach Hatchell). Duke coach cannot coach BUT doesnt know she cannot coach. Thats dangerous!!! Take for example that when ALL of our PG's went out she just discovered that we should pass more from all positions (she didnt even know EW could pass like that but if you look at EW in the AAU circuit she did have good vision). She is just NOW starting to see that passing from all positions makes the team better and harder to guard. Duke players (Liston, Peters, and Gray) have the fight, desire, drive, and IQ to be good but was never given the chance because Coach P seems like its "Her way or the bench" mentality. Take for example Duke last game this year, Depauls guards were faster but when we went into man to man they couldnt score as easy. Coach P had us in that dumb zone most of the game and they shot us into the 2015 season.

PostPosted: 04/08/14 8:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Randy wrote:
myrtle wrote:
C - Erika/Colhado
PF - Sancho/Henry
SF- Angel/Hayes
SG - Ajavon/Thomas

plus pick #8,

Erika/Henry
Sancho/Henry/??
Angel/Hayes/??
Hayes/Ajavon/Thomas

I don't see Hooper as a PF at the next level, but if you want to go that route. With Hooper, think Maya Moore but not nearly as good.

It's interesting how the new GM and coach both have PAC12 leanings but your team is devoid of PAC12 talent. Might that be changing soon? What could be some possibilities? Brandon? Harberts? Make a list. Check it twice.

Interesting point. I think either has a chance to make the dream bench.
Harberts is a better all around player but Brandon is a better rebounder. I think either one would be a very good third round pick. I think that the first two picks both have to be able to shoot the three. then let them shoot it out to see who gets the most minutes.

IM in OC

PostPosted: 04/08/14 8:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fishhappy wrote:
Shades wrote:
Randy wrote:
myrtle wrote:
C - Erika/Colhado
PF - Sancho/Henry
SF- Angel/Hayes
SG - Ajavon/Thomas

plus pick #8,

Erika/Henry
Sancho/Henry/??
Angel/Hayes/??
Hayes/Ajavon/Thomas

Interesting point. I think either has a chance to make the dream bench.
Harberts is a better all around player but Brandon is a better rebounder. I think either one would be a very good third round pick. I think that the first two picks both have to be able to shoot the three. then let them shoot it out to see who gets the most minutes.

Atlanta doesnt have a third round pick, they switched their 3rd pick with Washington's 2nd round pick as part of the trade last month. They have the 18th and 20th pick in the draft(both in the 2nd round), to go along with their first round, or 8th pick.
Is G. Brandon going to play pro ball? I would have thought her sister Kimberly(ASU - 2013) would have played too, but she didnt........as far as I know.

Randy

PostPosted: 04/08/14 9:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Interesting article - the accompny photo is of Tamera Young (Myrtle should love that.) Its the (really unimpressive) history of No. 8 picks in the draft. Makes me think they are either lowering expectations, or are now working on a trade.

http://www.wnba.com/dream/news/no8draftpicks040814.html

ClayK

PostPosted: 04/08/14 10:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Gennifer Brandon shot below 40% and did almost all of her shooting from within five feet (though she occasionally would jack up midrange jumpers for no apparent reason).

The woman can jump out of the gym, has really long arms and is a superb rebounder, but she can do absolutely nothing else, and has not shown much of a basketball IQ. Third round, most likely, just because the physical package is unusual ...

PostPosted: 04/08/14 10:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Interesting article - the accompny photo is of Tamera Young (Myrtle should love that.) Its the (really unimpressive) history of No. 8 picks in the draft. Makes me think they are either lowering expectations, or are now working on a trade.

Quote:
If history is any indication, Dream fans may want to temper their expectations of getting an immediate impact player at No. 8, as Youngs rookie scoring average of 7.3 points is actually the highest of any No. 8 pick since 2005. In fact, eight of the last 12 No. 8 picks averaged no more than 3.5 points per game as a rookie.

This sounds like a slightly cynical article pilight might have wrote (or me....remember my history of the #9 pick post?). This is an example of what I wish the Lynx front office would produce instead of their deeply controlled mindless fluff.

Randy

PostPosted: 04/08/14 11:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Randy wrote:

Quote:
If history is any indication, Dream fans may want to temper their expectations of getting an immediate impact player at No. 8, as Youngs rookie scoring average of 7.3 points is actually the highest of any No. 8 pick since 2005. In fact, eight of the last 12 No. 8 picks averaged no more than 3.5 points per game as a rookie.

This sounds like a slightly cynical article pilight might have wrote (or me....remember my history of the #9 pick post?). This is an example of what I wish the Lynx front office would produce instead of their deeply controlled mindless fluff.

That's my point - its out of character for any team to say "Hey you know what - our draft pick isnt likely to be very good." Even if it is true. Makes me think they are getting reeady for a move that may be a bit unpopular - trading the pick, or maybe making an unpopular dratft choice. Now who would that be - maybe a foreign player with no intention of showing up this year. Then again, I'm always suscpicous.

Shades

PostPosted: 04/08/14 11:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Shades wrote:
Randy wrote:

Quote:

That's my point - its out of character for any team to say "Hey you know what - our draft pick isnt likely to be very good." Even if it is true. Makes me think they are getting reeady for a move that may be a bit unpopular - trading the pick, or maybe making an unpopular dratft choice. Now who would that be - maybe a foreign player with no intention of showing up this year. Then again, I'm always suscpicous.

Okay, but this article goes out to everyone, not just the fans. It's not a very good sales pitch for the #8 pick. I think it's more like a straight article because they have enough respect for their fans to tell them the truth.

Anyway, it's more a superstition or luck thing with the #8 spot, because as they say at the end of the article, ATL has done very well with their second round picks. Are they going to trade #8 in the hopes of getting another second round pick? I'm not much on superstition.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 04/08/14 2:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

[quote="Shades"]
Randy wrote:
Shades wrote:
Randy wrote:

Quote:

Okay, but this article goes out to everyone, not just the fans. It's not a very good sales pitch for the #8 pick. I think it's more like a straight article because they have enough respect for their fans to tell them the truth.

Anyway, it's more a superstition or luck thing with the #8 spot, because as they say at the end of the article, ATL has done very well with their second round picks. Are they going to trade #8 in the hopes of getting another second round pick? I'm not much on superstition

I have to admit, I think the slant of "last two years we got Tiffany Hayes and Alex Bentley in the 2nd round so think what we should do with #8" might have been better.

Randy

PostPosted: 04/09/14 7:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Randy wrote:
Shades wrote:
Randy wrote:

Quote:

Anyway, it's more a superstition or luck thing with the #8 spot, because as they say at the end of the article, ATL has done very well with their second round picks. Are they going to trade #8 in the hopes of getting another second round pick? I'm not much on superstition.

I agree the focus on No. 8 is silly numerology, nothing more. Would they rather have 12 (Thomas) 13 -16 (Hayes, Bentley, Adams)?

noleman

PostPosted: 04/11/14 10:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Atlanta Dream Draft Preview
http://www.wnba.com/draft/2014/preview_2014_dream.html

Quote:
And who is catching his eye with that pick?
We have that middle pick, so what were going to do is that we have some ideas of people that might possibly be there and Bria Hartley is one of them.

Randy

PostPosted: 04/11/14 10:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

A liittle odd that he would name only one name. Confused If she's available and they don't take her it will be interesting to find out why.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 04/11/14 10:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
A liittle odd that he would name only one name. Confused If she's available and they don't take her it will be interesting to find out why.

It's very possible that he was answering a question along the lines of "Is UConn's Bria Hartley someone you're looking at, Coach Cooper?" Then the answer was plunked in that article in a somewhat different context.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 29, 30, 31  Next
Page 7 of 31

Jump to: