RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

los angeles sparks 2014
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bballchick

PostPosted: 10/08/13 9:40 am    ::: los angeles sparks 2014 Reply Reply with quote

time and time ive been saying they need a center who goes lavender can go and we need somebody on the wing and coleman can go too dead weight

ClayK

PostPosted: 10/08/13 10:25 am    ::: Re: los angeles sparks 2014 Reply Reply with quote

bballchick wrote:
time and time ive been saying they need a center who goes lavender can go and we need somebody on the wing and coleman can go too dead weight

So who can they get who's better than Lavender?

PostPosted: 10/08/13 10:33 am    ::: Re: los angeles sparks 2014 Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
bballchick wrote:

Well I thought it was a done deal for Tina Charles reading here! Shocked

myt

PostPosted: 10/08/13 10:52 am    ::: Re: los angeles sparks 2014 Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
ClayK wrote:
bballchick wrote:

Well I thought it was a done deal for Tina Charles reading here! Shocked

Toler on line one! Razz Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 10/08/13 11:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lavender could start for the Sparks. Their problem is that both Parker & Ogwumike are natural PF. So even if Lavender starts, does Parker then slide over to SF?? Do the Sparks trade Ogwumike so Lavender can start?? Doubtful.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
bballchick

PostPosted: 10/08/13 11:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dont get me wrong i love lavender she's a good player but some games ive seen she missed so many easy lay ups but i doubt tina charles is coming to la who do we give up for her and if it does ghappen i bet ogwumike is in the mix

Bretter

PostPosted: 10/08/13 11:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballchick wrote:
dont get me wrong i love lavender she's a good player but some games ive seen she missed so many easy lay ups but i doubt tina charles is coming to la who do we give up for her and if it does ghappen i bet ogwumike is in the mix

I've always noticed what I feel like is a bit of shyness from Lavender when she has the ball in her hands. Or maybe lack of confidence or patience. It's as if she wants to get rid of the thing as quickly as possible, whether that's with a rushed layup or weak pass. She's a great next-option off the bench otherwise, and if she works on that confidence I think that adds (or extends) a really consistent scoring option for LA. I say keep her.

boom*NNEKA*nneka

PostPosted: 10/08/13 12:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

i really like lavender. .maybe she has been carrying that "potential" tag for too long, but i do believe is a legitimate center, and, like others have said, would start on some teams but for ace and nneka. . . that would be an interesting lineup with parker at the SF spot. . of course then we would need some bigs to come off the bench bc hoffman is not doing it for me anymore

i think that abdi and hoffman could be gone. . mathies had a decent rookie season and i think deserves another year. . i think coleman and o'hea, although inconsistent, were, overall, assets to the team
bballchick

PostPosted: 10/08/13 12:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ebony hoffman needs to retire when the sparks aquired her she did nothing she was dead weight i want to see what the sparks do in next year draft and in free agency who guys want too see in a sparks uniform nexy year what free agent could help the sparks

ClayK

PostPosted: 10/08/13 3:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballchick wrote:
ebony hoffman needs to retire when the sparks aquired her she did nothing she was dead weight i want to see what the sparks do in next year draft and in free agency who guys want too see in a sparks uniform nexy year what free agent could help the sparks

That's the problem -- who out there is better than Lavender? And if you have to trade a good player to get a good player, does that really work if Parker and Ogwumike start up front?

As for Parker at the three, I really don't see it, at both ends of the floor. Parker is very good around the basket on offense, and right now Ogwumike doesn't really have to work -- add another post, and it would be a traffic jam in there.

Of course, Parker can't defend at the three, and that could be a major problem against teams that have a three-point threat at small forward.

PostPosted: 10/08/13 5:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

They should keep Lavender without a doubt! If she can improve some more like last offseason then they will have a solid center coming off the bench. You will not get a better center off the bench then her..

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Brinx

PostPosted: 10/08/13 5:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I thought Lavender did a decent job this sesason, when she was starting for Parker she was fairly consistant and played well.

LA could use a better true center, but like others have said where does that leave Ogwumike and Parker? Ogwumike really brings a lot to the floor with her attitude/energy and moving Parker to the three would create matchup problems. I don't see how LA would bring in a center without losing someone important.

ChicagoAnnie

PostPosted: 10/08/13 9:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tough question sparks fans...

if a great offer came thru...

(nevermind the mvp stuff, and last yrs ROY, and All Star credentials, etc..)

would you be willing to lose nneka, or Candace, and relieve the log jam at PF, if JLav starts at the 5?

bballchick

PostPosted: 10/09/13 7:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

candace parker should go into penny toler office and demand she get a center

PUmatty

PostPosted: 10/09/13 9:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballchick wrote:

Again, who would that be? Toler can't just pick the center she wants and automatically have her on the team. First, the other team has to be willing at all. Second, the Sparks have to be willing to give up something OF VALUE to get a center of value.

The Sparks already have three No. 1 picks on their roster and start to other former or current all-stars. What more do you need?

bballchick

PostPosted: 10/09/13 10:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

i mean if tina cahrles is not happy with the sun how about lavender and Nneka for tina charles

ClayK

PostPosted: 10/09/13 11:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The trades have been talked about, but aside from Tina Charles, Erika de Souza and Sylvia Fowles, what centers would be a significant upgrade over Lavender?

And given that scarcity, why would any of those players be available?

PostPosted: 10/09/13 11:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

look the sparks are a good team they make it the playoffs and back to back they lose by one point candace does not like playing in the paint as u can see i don't know we just have to find out next year what the sparks address

babycoop09

PostPosted: 10/09/13 12:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
bballchick wrote:

Again, who would that be? Toler can't just pick the center she wants and automatically have her on the team. First, the other team has to be willing at all. Second, the Sparks have to be willing to give up something OF VALUE to get a center of value.

The Sparks already have three No. 1 picks on their roster and start to other former or current all-stars. What more do you need?

Chemistry...I see the chemistry of the team as being a huge problem..Toliver(as good as she is) can really be a downer at times.

I think trading Toliver for at least Montgomery would be a good start. If the Sun get the 1st pick I do believe a trade of Toliver, Nneka, and potentially Lavender for Montgomery an Charles could work. I would love to see Pringle-Sanders back with LA as a backup. Hoffman needs to go. Coleman needs to continuer to develop. I think Pohlen will be let go by Indy and would be a nice replacement for O'Hea. Bring Anosike back.

Harding/Mathies
Montgomery/Pohlen
Beard/Coleman
Parker/Pringle
Charles/Anosike

Plus their first round pick

Just don't have the bench in all together at one time

Mirage

PostPosted: 10/09/13 2:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Here are my thoughts:

I think the Sparks are fine at the 4/5. I assume Hoffman will be gone. She didn't play well and doesn't fit into the Ross high tempo offense or aggressive defense. Someone like Breland would be a better fit.

I would not trade Nneka and Lavender for Charles. I'm not even sure I'd trade Nneka straight up for Charles.

The starting guards are strong offensively but have trouble defending bigger guards. It would be nice to a third guard with size. Beard could shift over and play the role if she is healthy and can play more minutes. If her minutes need to be limited she could come off the bench to spell Toliver and Harding.

The greatest need of the team, I think, is at small forward if Beard is not completely healthy. Coleman and O'hea were OK as reserves but neither is starting material. Is there anyone who might be available as a free agent?

Abdi doesn't seem remotely ready for the WNBA. Barring a major improvement I don't see her on the team next year.

Mathies was sometimes confused on the court and lacked confidence in her shot. But she is very athletic and may develop into a decent player.

kool-aide

PostPosted: 10/09/13 2:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

babycoop09 wrote:
I would love to see Pringle-Sanders back with LA as a backup.

iirc, WAS still has her rights.

#Occasionalwnbafan

PostPosted: 10/09/13 3:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Lavender could start for the Sparks. Their problem is that both Parker & Ogwumike are natural PF. So even if Lavender starts, does Parker then slide over to SF?? Do the Sparks trade Ogwumike so Lavender can start?? Doubtful.

If parker can work on her outside shot maybe she can play at the 3.
jewelsongs

PostPosted: 10/09/13 3:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mirage wrote:
Here are my thoughts:

I think the Sparks are fine at the 4/5. I assume Hoffman will be gone. She didn't play well and doesn't fit into the Ross high tempo offense or aggressive defense. Someone like Breland would be a better fit.

I would not trade Nneka and Lavender for Charles. I'm not even sure I'd trade Nneka straight up for Charles.

The starting guards are strong offensively but have trouble defending bigger guards. It would be nice to a third guard with size. Beard could shift over and play the role if she is healthy and can play more minutes. If her minutes need to be limited she could come off the bench to spell Toliver and Harding.

The greatest need of the team, I think, is at small forward if Beard is not completely healthy. Coleman and O'hea were OK as reserves but neither is starting material. Is there anyone who might be available as a free agent?

Abdi doesn't seem remotely ready for the WNBA. Barring a major improvement I don't see her on the team next year.

Mathies was sometimes confused on the court and lacked confidence in her shot. But she is very athletic and may develop into a decent player.

I think you are right on about the size of the guards. This does not always cause a problem, and Jenna did a great job in the second half of the season on defense at the 2 spot, but having a 2-3 swing to back up Beard that is better offensively like Shavonte Zellous would make us stronger.You could rotate Zellous and Tolliver as starters depending on the match up.

patsweetpat

PostPosted: 10/09/13 6:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

My plan for the 2014 Sparks is that they go into the season roughly unchanged, and just try really hard to not shoot 5% from 3-point range in the playoffs next year.

For real, Penny could make whatever changes anyone might want during this offseason-- seriously, most any change imaginable-- and the Sparks would still end up with the same result in the 2014 playoffs should they yet again brick their playoff trey attempts at a 5% clip.

If you don't hit shots, you don't advance.

ClayK

PostPosted: 10/09/13 8:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

patsweetpat wrote:
My plan for the 2014 Sparks is that they go into the season roughly unchanged, and just try really hard to not shoot 5% from 3-point range in the playoffs next year.

For real, Penny could make whatever changes anyone might want during this offseason-- seriously, most any change imaginable-- and the Sparks would still end up with the same result in the 2014 playoffs should they yet again brick their playoff trey attempts at a 5% clip.

If you don't hit shots, you don't advance.

X____________

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
Page 1 of 27

Jump to: