Board Junkies Forums

Phoenix Mercury 2014
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rykhala

PostPosted: 06/26/14 7:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Griner on the cover of Curve Magazine

I don't get all the vitriol thrown at Britney Griner. She is delightful in person, and she looks fantastic on this cover.

caune

PostPosted: 06/26/14 8:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:
Shades wrote:
I thought Pierson forced her way out of Tulsa?

I think Pierson forced her way out of most places.

And seeing as Taurasi was one of the people trying to convince Cappie to stay, I'm pretty sure the issue wasn't with the two of them. Laughing

It didn't work, so that's not much in the way of supporting evidence.

oh stop trying to stir shit. Rolling Eyes
You can blame DT for Plenette if you'd like, they did not get along, but Cappie, nope. There is no evidence.

PostPosted: 06/26/14 9:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Girl plays in Russia in the winter, and has for how many years? Who could blame her for wanting a beautiful home near the beach, and near her family? Prices are good and she's planning for a retirement from playing that's likely only a few years away. Diana playing elsewhere is as likely as it was for Lisa Leslie as her active time came to a close. Which is to say, not gonna happen.

PostPosted: 06/26/14 9:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SuziQ wrote:
Girl plays in Russia in the winter, and has for how many years? Who could blame her for wanting a beautiful home near the beach, and near her family? Prices are good and she's planning for a retirement from playing that's likely only a few years away. Diana playing elsewhere is as likely as it was for Lisa Leslie as her active time came to a close. Which is to say, not gonna happen.

when you say likely a few years how many years are we talking.

mercfan3

PostPosted: 06/26/14 10:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan wrote:
SuziQ wrote:

Hopefully 20+

I don't even want to think about Dee retiring. Sad

PostPosted: 06/26/14 10:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

Embarassed Very Happy She's just sooooooo beautiful

PostPosted: 06/26/14 11:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
mercfan wrote:
SuziQ wrote:

Hopefully 20+

I don't even want to think about Dee retiring. Sad

Is there any way I can change my username so that I stop looking like a wanna be original mercfan

Tally24

PostPosted: 06/26/14 11:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Is there anyway I can have BG's skin.
SCook

PostPosted: 06/27/14 12:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tally24 wrote:
Is there anyway I can have BG's skin.

I'm starting to think it's just her genes. Look at her parents. Her skin is flawless.

PostPosted: 06/27/14 12:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

rykhala wrote:
Shades wrote:

I don't get all the vitriol thrown at Britney Griner. She is delightful in person, and she looks fantastic on this cover.

I've been wondering about that too and people said she wasn't marketable. The best thing about this photo is that it seems natural and unforced.

PostPosted: 06/27/14 1:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SuziQ wrote:

Well Russia and Turkey, until the who drug testing incident happened, she played in Turkey for 2 years according to her EuroLeague bio.

And I'm not sure I would liken her to Lisa Leslie in that Lisa Leslie grew up in LA, and she played in LA, if as a little kid Diana Taurasi dreamed of playing for her hometown (relatively speaking) Sparks, she could still want to fulfill her dreams of playing in a Sparks uniform.

rykhala

PostPosted: 06/27/14 5:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SCook wrote:
rykhala wrote:
Shades wrote:

I've been wondering about that too and people said she wasn't marketable. The best thing about this photo is that it seems natural and unforced.

It is a delight to see how comfortable she looks in her own skin. Very Happy
I love it.

SuziQ

PostPosted: 06/27/14 10:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GEF34 wrote:
SuziQ wrote:

Well Russia and Turkey, until the who drug testing incident happened, she played in Turkey for 2 years according to her EuroLeague bio.

And I'm not sure I would liken her to Lisa Leslie in that Lisa Leslie grew up in LA, and she played in LA, if as a little kid Diana Taurasi dreamed of playing for her hometown (relatively speaking) Sparks, she could still want to fulfill her dreams of playing in a Sparks uniform.

I think she's done pretty well in the accomplishing dreams department right here in Phoenix. She has stated many times, and unequivocally, how much she loves playing in Phoenix and for the X-Factor.

PostPosted: 06/27/14 1:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SuziQ wrote:
GEF34 wrote:
SuziQ wrote:

I think she's done pretty well in the accomplishing dreams department right here in Phoenix. She has stated many times, and unequivocally, how much she loves playing in Phoenix and for the X-Factor.

Not sure what that has to do with what I wrote, since if a dream is to specifically play in a Sparks uniform that can't be accomplished in Phoenix. And I'm not saying that is a dream, but it is possible, since she grew up in LA so it wouldn't seem outside the realm of possibility she went to Sparks games and wanted to play for the Sparks as a little kid.

Shades

PostPosted: 07/04/14 2:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jayco Opal Penny Taylor returning to her best in WNBA

Quote:
After having her minutes monitored through the first 11 games of the WNBA season, the Mercurys Australian Head Coach Sandy Brondello took the shackles off the 33-year-old and has seen some impressive numbers since.

Over the past four games, including two wins over Tulsa Shock sandwiched between wins over the Indiana Fever and the Chicago Sky, Taylor has averaged 17.5 points on a remarkable 60.6% shooting in more than 27 minutes per game as a starter.

http://www.basketball.net.au/jayco-opal-penny-taylor-returning-best-wnba/

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Richyyy

PostPosted: 07/04/14 3:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Knowing the voting in this league, Taylor'll probably end up geting votes for 'Most Improved'.

PostPosted: 07/04/14 6:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Knowing the voting in this league, Taylor'll probably end up geting votes for 'Most Improved'.

At least the GMs aren't voting, because then she'd get the "breakout season" award.

caune

PostPosted: 07/04/14 8:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This is all sorts of awesome! Brittney, Queen of the court and our hearts!

http://www.buzzfeed.com/skarlan/queen-of-the-court-and-our-hearts

PostPosted: 07/04/14 9:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I love her style.
That dog is adorable.

PostPosted: 07/04/14 9:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

caune wrote:
This is all sorts of awesome! Brittney, Queen of the court and our hearts!

http://www.buzzfeed.com/skarlan/queen-of-the-court-and-our-hearts

Very Happy

PostPosted: 07/08/14 8:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Phoenix has been hot with a 7 game win week. then again they hasnt played everbody in the league yet.

caune

PostPosted: 07/08/14 9:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

animals31089 wrote:
Phoenix has been hot with a 7 game win week. then again they hasnt played everbody in the league yet.

Haven't played anybody? lol you mean besides Minnesota, LA, Chicago, Indy and Tulsa? Or did you mean we haven't played the dream yet?

The Merc have a killer stretch coming up, Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday then all star events and hosting through the weekend. I suspect they could lose a game in that stretch

PostPosted: 07/08/14 9:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

yeah even though they havent played Atl yet the win streak could come to an end in the next few games i would like them to play ind now soon.

caune

PostPosted: 07/09/14 5:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

animals31089 wrote:
yeah even though they havent played Atl yet the win streak could come to an end in the next few games i would like them to play ind now soon.

We can beat everyone, including Atlanta!

PostPosted: 07/09/14 7:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

its possible never know

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 19 of 21

Jump to: