RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

2013 WNBA Fantasy League
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
idchafee

PostPosted: 05/16/13 9:06 pm    ::: 2013 WNBA Fantasy League Reply Reply with quote

I run a WNBA fantasy league every year. I used to run it on the Sky message boards, but for a variety of reasons I've decided to move it here. We will have 8 teams (up from 6 in years past). This year's draft will be SUNDAY, MAY 19TH AT 2:30 PM CENTRAL TIME.

Draft Order
Odd rounds
1. J-Spoon
2. Me (and my mom)
3. Cardinal
4. GEF
5. MattinDE
6. Newkid
7. Myrtle
8. Randy

Even rounds
1. Randy
2. Myrtle
3. Newkid
4. MattinDE
5. GEF
6. Cardinal
7. Me (and my mom)
8. J-Spoon

This is the site from the past 5 years. The stat categories we did last year were FG%, 3-PT, 3-PT %, FT%, REB, AST, ST, TO, BLK, PTS. I use the stats and position eligibility from wnba.com. HOWEVER, if you think that the W’s site has a mistake either in a box score or in a player’s position (for years, they had DT listed as a guard only, when anyone who watches the games knows she plays F too) let me know and I’ll research it.

Rules
1) Transaction limits
*two transactions in a 24-hour period
*three total transactions in a 48-hour period
*Any free agent transaction MUST BE POSTED ON THE FORUM THREAD to be considered legitimate. An e-mail may also be sent to me but the forum thread will be the official record.

2) Lineup procedure
Myrtle has very kindly volunteered to do stats. All lineups must be sent to myrtle (I'll send Myrtle's e-mail in a PM) before the day’s games start. A forum post may also be made, but the e-mail will be the official record. Multiple days may be sent at once and any changes to an already submitted lineup may be made up until the start of the games in a given day. The commissioner will keep all lineup e-mails for the entire season, and will produce them as needed to answer questions and settle disputes. Please note that failure to turn in a lineup will result in 0 points for that day.

Rosters will be as follows

2 Guards
2 Forwards
1 Center
1 Utility
2 Bench
1 IR

To be eligible for the IR a slot, a player must miss at least one game. None of this “day-to-day-but-it-always-seems-like-I’m-OK-on-gameday” stuff. The UT spot will be open for any position.

3) Abandoned teams
If a team has zero roster moves (roster move being defined as a start/bench, free agent pickup or trade) in any 4 week period, the team will be considered abandoned. Once a team has been declared abandoned (via forum post), the owner will have 48 hours to express their interest in remaining in the league. If a team is abandoned a second time, there will be no grace period. An abandoned team will be opened up 1st for an outside owner who is interested in joining post-draft. If an outside owner cannot be found, the team will be broken up in a dispersal draft.

4) Any suspicious or unsportsmanlike conduct (including, but not limited to collusion, dumping and tanking) will be dealt with on a case by case basis, by league vote.

5) The commissioner reserves the right to add, remove or modify rules as needed in order to make the league as much fun for everyone as possible. Any in-season change will be put to a vote by the commissioner and all league owners will vote on the proposal.

Note that the procedure for submitting free agent pickups is the opposite of submitting lineups.

Since it appears that the private chat room that we've used in the past is no longer active, I think we will use this thread as the official draft thread. Once the draft starts, we will all post our picks to this thread. While there's no draft clock per se, if someone is taking an inordinate amount of time to decide between Carolyn Swords and LeCoe Willingham, we will skip them and move on.

In the past we've had a few people with connection issues. I will e-mail my cell number to everyone - if you have any issues during the draft feel free to text or call.

That's all I can think of for now. "See" everyone on Sunday!

PostPosted: 05/16/13 9:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yay! Watch out for that 7th position! Go Miracles!

ok, one little thing. Pasteurize was so kind as to create a macro for me to help automate the stat taking - and it works off Yahoo...so I will be getting the stats from there rather than the W. Still if something is wrong, I'll be happy to correct it.

Also correct me if wrong or we want to change again: but I think we changed the transactions to three per week to keep Newkid and me from going nuts switching players in and out. Very Happy I think we settled on midnight eastern time Saturday night/Sunday morning.

CYA there!

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 05/17/13 12:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Whoa! I thought I had the 7th pick, now I have the 1st pick I have to re-think everything! 1st pick that is a lot of pressure.

FollowtheCardinalRule

PostPosted: 05/19/13 6:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This draft is going to be a hot mess for me. Just saying so now.

idchafee

PostPosted: 05/19/13 11:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FollowtheCardinalRule wrote:

I defy you to have as bad a draft as I did last year. I didn't do my homework and holy crap did it show.

PostPosted: 05/19/13 11:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

idchafee wrote:

I defy you to have as bad a draft as I did last year. I didn't do my homework and holy crap did it show.

Homework? You guys do homework? I'm going in blind and picking who I want, when I want. Laughing

myrtle

PostPosted: 05/19/13 11:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

last year ID picked good players with his first several picks - unfortunately they were players that weren't going to show up until after the Olympics . I would say that qualifies as a true Bingo! This year, there's the Europeans, but that won't be nearly as bad as the Olympics in terms of missing games.

FollowtheCardinalRule

PostPosted: 05/19/13 11:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
last year ID picked good players with his first several picks - unfortunately they were players that weren't going to show up until after the Olympics . I would say that qualifies as a true Bingo! This year, there's the Europeans, but that won't be nearly as bad as the Olympics in terms of missing games.

I figured as much, still. It'll be fun to have my own team.

Randy

PostPosted: 05/19/13 11:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I guess I will be expansion team with the rookie GM. Fortunately, there won't be a message board of my fans saying how bad I'm did. Very Happy

myrtle

PostPosted: 05/19/13 1:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
I guess I will be expansion team with the rookie GM. Fortunately, there won't be a message board of my fans saying how bad I'm did. Very Happy

Don't worry! We will razz you right here! You won't miss out! Razz

Randy

PostPosted: 05/19/13 1:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

While we are at it, what does it mean to "submit a lineup" and why is it important? And, can someone explain what is meant by an "injured reserve?" (Told you I was a rookie)

FollowtheCardinalRule

PostPosted: 05/19/13 1:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy, you and I both. We can be the expansion team that share the cellar together. Laughing I hope not, but hey. It'll be fun to have players to root for apart from the ones I like.

Randy

PostPosted: 05/19/13 1:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

My team's goal is to win a championship. (That's what GM's always say right.... Very Happy ) (Or at least that's what they are supposed to say.)

FollowtheCardinalRule

PostPosted: 05/19/13 1:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
My team's goal is to win a championship. (That's what GM's always say right.... Very Happy ) (Or at least that's what they are supposed to say.)

Something like that. You know my issue? I have a strong dislike of a certain team, that I never want to get players from them, but I might just have to.

Guys, 27 minutes until the draft right? My time zone is whack.

Randy

PostPosted: 05/19/13 1:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yeah - same problem with me. Certain teams I like and some I don't. Maybe I should think of it as stealing the players on those teams I like.

newkid

PostPosted: 05/19/13 1:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

57 minutes till. Or 53, now. The draft is on the half hour.

idchafee

PostPosted: 05/19/13 1:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

And hour til the draft. Well, 55 minutes.

By submitting a lineup, I mean e-mailing it to me and Myrtle. I will send out our addresses in an e-mail. Something like

G: Playername1
G: Playername2
F: Playername3
F: Playername4
C: Playername5
UT: Playername6

You can send it each day, or you can send several days at once. Some days, you won't have enough people to fill out a lineup. In that case, you can just send the players who will be playing that day

PostPosted: 05/19/13 1:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Yeah - same problem with me. Certain teams I like and some I don't. Maybe I should think of it as stealing the players on those teams I like.

Or you and I could engineer a couple of trades. I dunno, I just want players that I like and that do well. Laughing

Randy

PostPosted: 05/19/13 1:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So only the 6 players you submit can score on that day, is that how it works? So even if you had say 8 players who would be in action, only the 6 would score points?

newkid

PostPosted: 05/19/13 1:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
While we are at it, what does it mean to "submit a lineup" and why is it important? And, can someone explain what is meant by an "injured reserve?" (Told you I was a rookie)

You will draft eight players for your team. A nice assortment of guards, forwards and centers. Each and every day, without fail, you must post which of your players are playing, otherwise you won't get their stats that day. And you can only have six of your players playing any given day -- a C, 2 Fs, 2 Gs, and a utility player. So after the draft you have to create a chart for yourself of which days your players play on, so that you can post your lineups each day. Or a week at a time, or whatever works for you.

If one of your players gets hurt and misses a game, you can place that player on IR and acquire a replacement player, without risking losing your injured player. If/when you take player off IR, you must release someone else to keep your active roster at 8.

idchafee

PostPosted: 05/19/13 1:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
So only the 6 players you submit can score on that day, is that how it works? So even if you had say 8 players who would be in action, only the 6 would score points?

correct. If you have 8 players in action, you have to pick who you would bench.

PostPosted: 05/19/13 1:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thanks.

newkid

PostPosted: 05/19/13 1:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
right!

idchafee

PostPosted: 05/19/13 2:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

We're about 10 minutes from starting. Everyone who is online, please post with a "here" so I can see who hasn't shown up yet.

Myrtle, has anyone sent you a list?

PostPosted: 05/19/13 2:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So I'm a little torn. IMO there are only three players deserving of the first pick (teaser) and while I like all of them none of them are my favs and I like to have a team of players I really enjoy rooting for, but I feel to not pick one of these three for someone I like more would be foolish.

HERE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 1 of 20

Jump to: