Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 08/22/13 10:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GEF34 wrote:
Bob Lamm wrote:
GEF34 wrote:
Bob Lamm wrote:
Regarding apologies, I don't believe that Bill Laimbeer should apologize on Rebkell. I believe he should apologize at a press conference at Madison Square Garden.

Why would you want a fake apology?

1. Obviously I never said that I "want a fake apology." Why would you pose that question as if that's what I said?

2. I would want an apology--genuine or fake--as well as a suspension because I think it's important to set a public standard that calling for a player to be hurt is wrong. You can't control what's in someone's heart. In many situations, you can never be sure if someone's apology is genuine or fake. But I believe that setting a public standard of "no tolerance" for such ugly remarks will to some extent make it harder for people to state them both publicly and privately.

Years ago, if Bill Laimbeer had made that comment, he would NOT have been fined. That's progress. Still a long way to go, but we're getting there.

First I didn't say you only wanted an apology, so I'm not sure what you mean in your first part of #2. And yes I think you are specifically calling for a fake apology because you are saying he should apologize and given there is no reason to think he has any remorse in what he said it would be a fake apology. Unless you think he has any type of remorse for what he said I don't see how the apology could be deemed anything other than fake.

As far as setting a public standard I don't see how punishing him for 1 game, 2 games or the rest of the season is going to make any type of difference, at least to my knowledge nothing has happened like this in the past so it's not like they would be trying to break a trend.

I don't know why you have such a need to put words in my mouth. I say I'm not specifically calling for a fake apology. But since you say that I am, I guess it doesn't matter what I say about my own words and actions.

PostPosted: 08/22/13 10:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bob Lamm wrote:
GEF34 wrote:
Bob Lamm wrote:
GEF34 wrote:
Bob Lamm wrote:
Regarding apologies, I don't believe that Bill Laimbeer should apologize on Rebkell. I believe he should apologize at a press conference at Madison Square Garden.

1. Obviously I never said that I "want a fake apology." Why would you pose that question as if that's what I said?

2. I would want an apology--genuine or fake--as well as a suspension because I think it's important to set a public standard that calling for a player to be hurt is wrong. You can't control what's in someone's heart. In many situations, you can never be sure if someone's apology is genuine or fake. But I believe that setting a public standard of "no tolerance" for such ugly remarks will to some extent make it harder for people to state them both publicly and privately.

Years ago, if Bill Laimbeer had made that comment, he would NOT have been fined. That's progress. Still a long way to go, but we're getting there.

First I didn't say you only wanted an apology, so I'm not sure what you mean in your first part of #2. And yes I think you are specifically calling for a fake apology because you are saying he should apologize and given there is no reason to think he has any remorse in what he said it would be a fake apology. Unless you think he has any type of remorse for what he said I don't see how the apology could be deemed anything other than fake.

As far as setting a public standard I don't see how punishing him for 1 game, 2 games or the rest of the season is going to make any type of difference, at least to my knowledge nothing has happened like this in the past so it's not like they would be trying to break a trend.

I don't know why you have such a need to put words in my mouth. I say I'm not specifically calling for a fake apology. But since you say that I am, I guess it doesn't matter what I say about my own words and actions.

First I want to apologize, I'm not trying to put any words in anyone's mouth. Perhaps this can be better explained another way, you said you want him to apologize at Madison Square Garden, or rather he should apologize, why should he do so if he doesn't believe he did anything wrong?

Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 08/22/13 11:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GEF34 wrote:
Bob Lamm wrote:
GEF34 wrote:
Bob Lamm wrote:
GEF34 wrote:
Bob Lamm wrote:

First I want to apologize, I'm not trying to put any words in anyone's mouth. Perhaps this can be better explained another way, you said you want him to apologize at Madison Square Garden, or rather he should apologize, why should he do so if he doesn't believe he did anything wrong?

I appreciate your apology. I really don't have much to add to what I've written above. I feel I've expressed my views on this subject as well as I can. If you have more to say about what you feel is right or wrong here, about what you feel should or shouldn't happen, then by all means share that. I will certainly read with interest whatever you have to say.

PostPosted: 08/22/13 11:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bob Lamm wrote:
GEF34 wrote:
Bob Lamm wrote:
GEF34 wrote:
Bob Lamm wrote:
GEF34 wrote:
Bob Lamm wrote:

I appreciate your apology.

Even though it was fake? Twisted Evil

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: