RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Liberty @ Lynx - 8/18/13
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lynxmania

PostPosted: 08/18/13 9:53 am    ::: Liberty @ Lynx - 8/18/13 Reply Reply with quote

New York Liberty at Minnesota Lynx
Target Center
Minneapolis, Minnesota
7:00 pm ET
Live Access

PostPosted: 08/18/13 9:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The only way to stop a 3 game losing streak is for ELLSWORTH CREAMERY NIGHT!! Lots and lots of cheese curds Wink

PostPosted: 08/18/13 10:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Come on Lib, keep these chumps on a losing streak Razz

#LossLynx

boom*NNEKA*nneka

PostPosted: 08/18/13 10:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

should be an interesting matchup, especially if brunson doesnt play. . lib's perimeter defense, or lack thereof, will be tested by moore, augustus, and wright. . lynx's post defense, or lack thereof, will be tested by brunson, pierson, and bone

while i would like another lynx loss, i say they pull this one out by 8+. .just not enough scoring to help cappie
dinkytown

PostPosted: 08/18/13 10:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Brunson is still listed questionable. Hopefully she plays. Intrigued to see Bone and Peters go against each other though.

NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 08/18/13 1:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Brunson being out may be our only chance. If she plays, having to guard a physical player who also hits mid-range shots quite well is probably way more than we can handle. We need some serious D today, which we really have not gotten against teams with multiple perimeter options. This is the kind of game where I was hoping having the extra body in Milton would help. She played mostly 4 against DC although she did play the 3 for several minutes in the 4th quarter when DC made all the jump shots, specifically Ruffin-Pratt. Of course, you wouldn't expect her to make those...but this is the kind of year it has been. Players who don't make perimeter shots have a way of making them against us, even though we have good individual defenders on the wings. Some of that is just when you never make a shot or you turn it over, then teams have better opportunities when they can get on the run, even if it is secondary transition...which is something the Lynx can do really well.

Some of it borders on comical. Lavender has hit 11 shots from beyond 16 feet all year. 4 or 5 of those came in the two games against NY I believe. Pretty sure minimum of 4. Could have even been 6. Ruffin-Pratt has made 12 from beyond 16 feet this season and another 4 between 11 and 15 feet. So that's 16 in all. Of her 6 field goals Friday, at least 4 were from 11 feet or more. Clarendon on Indiana has 5 threes all year. Guess who's the only team she has made 2 against all season in the same game? Yep. NY. So sometimes we're leaving players open for good reason. Only to see them make shots they do not ordinarily make. Of course, letting teams go on huge runs makes them feel empowered. And we certainly allow teams huge runs way too often.

coffy73

PostPosted: 08/18/13 1:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Even if Brunson is out, I still see a Lynx victory. No faith whatsoever in the Libs.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 08/18/13 1:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

coffy73 wrote:
Even if Brunson is out, I still see a Lynx victory. No faith whatsoever in the Libs.

It'd be an interesting test, though. Their interior defense against Tulsa without her was really poor, and that's where New York want to go.

McCarville's first game against the team she forced a move away from, of course, for what that's worth.

PostPosted: 08/18/13 2:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What happened to Brunson? Confused

PostPosted: 08/18/13 2:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

missjoy28 wrote:

Her right knee. Monica Wright went out of the last game too, who knows if she will play in this one. If she doesn't, Lynx will be really thin.

lynxmania

PostPosted: 08/18/13 4:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dinkytown wrote:
missjoy28 wrote:

Her right knee. Monica Wright went out of the last game too, who knows if she will play in this one. If she doesn't, Lynx will be really thin.

I hope Monnie is ok. We haven't heard anything since. Hope it isn't too serious. We need Rodgers to step up, and I would rather have Jarry and LMoore then Harris play.

PostPosted: 08/18/13 5:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:
dinkytown wrote:
missjoy28 wrote:

I hope Monnie is ok. We haven't heard anything since. Hope it isn't too serious. We need Rodgers to step up, and I would rather have Jarry and LMoore then Harris play.

Moore's gonna have a hard time playing the 4 against Pierson though. Have to pick their moments if they want to go small. And if they're not going small and Brunson's out, Harris virtually has to play.

PostPosted: 08/18/13 5:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Just saw on my twitter that Wright has a quad contusion and will not play tonight.

PostPosted: 08/18/13 5:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

missjoy28 wrote:
Just saw on my twitter that Wright has a quad contusion and will not play tonight.

Minnesota down to just 9 players without Brunson & Wright. The Liberty might actually have a chance. I'm guessing we'll see a lot of Sugar tonight!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
missjoy28

PostPosted: 08/18/13 5:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
missjoy28 wrote:

Minnesota down to just 9 players without Brunson & Wright. The Liberty might actually have a chance. I'm guessing we'll see a lot of Sugar tonight!

What happened to Brunson?

PostPosted: 08/18/13 5:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

missjoy28 wrote:
toad455 wrote:
missjoy28 wrote:

What happened to Brunson?

She has a sore knee. I believe she got it hit in the Washington game, but continued to play. They gave her the night off against Tulsa, and she is a game time decision right now.

PostPosted: 08/18/13 5:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
lynxmania wrote:
dinkytown wrote:
missjoy28 wrote:

Moore's gonna have a hard time playing the 4 against Pierson though. Have to pick their moments if they want to go small. And if they're not going small and Brunson's out, Harris virtually has to play.

Playing without Harris is better than playing with Harris. But I know what you mean.

PostPosted: 08/18/13 5:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Brunson warmed up, and again is a game time decision.

Wright is out with a quad contusion.

No Cappie either tonight for New York.

PostPosted: 08/18/13 6:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
lynxmania wrote:
dinkytown wrote:
missjoy28 wrote:

Playing without Harris is better than playing with Harris. But I know what you mean.

I think the Lynx would be better off playing with only 4 then putting in The Shambling Mound.

PostPosted: 08/18/13 6:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I wondered if New York might do that with Cappie. If she's hurt and needs rest, this is the most obvious game to take off. Western opponent so it doesn't hurt you in Eastern standings beyond your own result, and a likely loss anyway.

Wonder if New York will hit a shot outside 3 feet all night long? Oh wait, Mitchell will have to play. Probably will, then.

PostPosted: 08/18/13 6:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

No Cappie?

PostPosted: 08/18/13 6:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Brunson back in the starting lineup!!

PostPosted: 08/18/13 6:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

missjoy28 wrote:
No Cappie?

Quote:
Alan Horton ‏@LynxRadio 1h
Laimbeer says Pondexter will not play tonite "hurt herself in the ATL game, bruised a heal, shouldn't have played last game." #liberty #wnba

PostPosted: 08/18/13 6:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:
missjoy28 wrote:
No Cappie?

Quote:
Alan Horton ‏@LynxRadio 1h
Laimbeer says Pondexter will not play tonite "hurt herself in the ATL game, bruised a heal, shouldn't have played last game." #liberty #wnba

These injuries this season. Sad

PostPosted: 08/18/13 6:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

yikes.. NYL without cappie does not sound good for the lib
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: