RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

OT: I'm sorry to do this but I must...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
herrade

PostPosted: 01/27/05 10:50 pm    ::: OT: I'm sorry to do this but I must... Reply Reply with quote

Hillary Clinton is the biggest whore of the dems. Barbara Boxer is our only hope...

Clinton woos anti-abortionists
January 27, 2005

Hillary Clinton, seen by many Democrats as their best bet to recapture the White House in 2008, has made an extraordinary appeal for support from right-wing religious groups.

The wife of the former president, Bill Clinton, said she sought common ground on abortion and described herself as a "praying person". Her words represented an attempt to repackage her image for American conservatives, many of whom despise what they see as her radical feminist views.

During a speech on Monday to mark the anniversary of Roe v Wade, the 1973 Supreme Court ruling that legalised abortion, the New York senator drew gasps from an audience of pro-abortion activists. The New York Times reported that others shook their heads during the speech in Washington, especially when she cited statistics designed to show that pro- and anti-abortion groups could unite over the need to prevent unplanned pregnancies.

"There is an opportunity for people of good faith to find common ground in this debate. We should agree that we want every child in this country to be wanted, cherished and loved," she said.

"We can all recognise that abortion in many ways represents a sad, even tragic, choice to many, many women." She praised religious groups which have encouraged teenagers to pledge sexual abstinence before marriage. Last week in Boston, Senator Clinton spoke of God more than a dozen times, saying she had always been a "praying person".

Senator Clinton has long been an advocate of a woman's right to choose. In 2000, she wrote: "I am and always have been pro-choice and that is not a right anyone should take for granted. There are a number of forces at work in our society that would try to turn back the clock just remain vigilant."

Most agreed the Washington speech marked an attempt to soften Mrs Clinton's image in the heartland states that have twice voted George Bush into office.

The Telegraph, London

BBallFanCT729

PostPosted: 01/27/05 11:03 pm    ::: Re: OT: I'm sorry to do this but I must... Reply Reply with quote

So, who are the other possible candidates for 2008? I don't dislike Mrs. Clinton, it's just that she tries too much to please both sides of the political spectrum.

My viewpoint on the abortion issue:

No government should have the right to control what you may or may not do with your body. It is your body, and you should have the freedom to do with it what you wish (as long as you aren't planning to use it to be a terrorist). If you feel you need to have an abortion, then you should have the freedom to do so.

Thanks for posting the article herrade.

Last edited by BBallFanCT729 on 01/27/05 11:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
pilight

PostPosted: 01/27/05 11:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shouldn't this be in the OT section?

PostPosted: 01/27/05 11:30 pm    ::: It's OT but now that it's here... Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Shouldn't this be in the OT section?

...lots of discussion of Hilary's speech over on leftie and centrist-Dem politics sites, including a front-page post at dailykos, many of which point out that Hilary DID NOT CHANGE HER ACTUAL POSITION ON REPRODUCTIVE RIGHTS IN THE SPEECH-- she's just using language and emphasis designed to appeal to swing voters who disagree with her about Roe V Wade, language and emphasis more pro-choice Dems ought to use IMHO, especially in states where Dems need some anti-choice votes to win. (And no, I don't want her to run for President-- I like her as Senator.) Also, herrade, you may know this already, but the Telegraph is a very right-wing paper-- sorta like the Wall Street Journal here, or even the Washington Times. I'd expect them to try to make Hilary look bad.

herrade

PostPosted: 01/28/05 7:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

a) i didn't know there was an OT section -- i have the main board bookmarked, and i never saw any rules or FAQs about ot posting. so, whoever moved my post, thanks for doing it without informing me.

b) i don't care which kind of newspaper carried the article or who thinks hillary is just using slightly different language. langauge is a powerful thing, and she's giving ammo to the neo-cons and right wingers here. i've always disliked hillary as a politician -- and not for the usual "carpetbagger" reasons. she's just completely inept, has no clear position and no strong convictions. it's impossible to predict how she'll vote on any single issue. schumer is more centrist than i would like, but at least he's a straightforward guy.

Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 01/31/05 3:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

herrade wrote:

b) i don't care which kind of newspaper carried the article or who thinks hillary is just using slightly different language. langauge is a powerful thing, and she's giving ammo to the neo-cons and right wingers here. i've always disliked hillary as a politician -- and not for the usual "carpetbagger" reasons.

You're just figuring this out now? Wink

herrade wrote:

i don't care which kind of newspaper carried the article or who thinks hillary is just using slightly different language. it's impossible to predict how she'll vote on any single issue. schumer is more centrist than i would like, but at least he's a straightforward guy.

In slightly different language, that last statement reminds me of the commonly used criticism about Kerry, saying that "with Bush, at least you know where he stands." lol Razz

Of course, whenever I get annoyed with Hillary, all I have to do is take a look at Omarosa Rice, Stanford's finest, and the Senator doesn't bother me so much... Razz

Quote:
She felt weak, needed to sit down and then fainted briefly," Reines said.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/ALLPOLITICS/01/31/clinton/index.html

Last edited by Admiral_Needa on 01/31/05 4:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
dtsnms

PostPosted: 01/31/05 4:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

what kind of voodoo doll did y'all use today to make her collapse?

Keegan

PostPosted: 01/31/05 5:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:

Her Windows OS had a blue screen of death issue.
CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 02/01/05 2:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:

No voodoo. She just found out Herrade dumped Becky for Whalen. Hillary couldn't deal with the news. Smile

KeiraNY

PostPosted: 02/01/05 4:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Herrade dumped Becky the minute she bought a Whalen jersey at the Tribe!! Wink

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
Quote:

No voodoo. She just found out Herrade dumped Becky for Whalen. Hillary couldn't deal with the news. Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: