RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

The Western Conference is absurdly stacked....

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jlight

PostPosted: 03/11/14 7:28 pm    ::: The Western Conference is absurdly stacked.... Reply Reply with quote

with the mercury getting better. The question is who is going to make the playoffs and who is gonna be left out?

Shades

PostPosted: 03/11/14 7:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Depending on Cambage's situation, San Antonio and Seattle are being left out.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
jlight

PostPosted: 03/11/14 7:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

i think San Antonio will make the playoffs because san antonio gets all their stars back and the draft pick.

Shades

PostPosted: 03/11/14 7:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jlight wrote:
Shades wrote:

i think San Antonio will make the playoffs because san antonio gets all their stars back and the draft pick.

Do you know that for sure? Haven't heard anything about Sophia Young.
Will Hammon be 100 percent and stay 100 percent? Lots of questions about San Antonio.

TotalCardinalMove

PostPosted: 03/11/14 7:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
jlight wrote:
Shades wrote:

Will Hammon be 100 percent and stay 100 percent? Lots of questions about San Antonio.
A lot of girls returning had some major injuries. As you mentioned Sophia and Becky. Whyte suffered an injury. And Whitney Hand is going to try out, but she was rehabbing some herself for her ACL she tore.

jlight

PostPosted: 03/11/14 7:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
jlight wrote:
Shades wrote:

i don't know anything for sure. i was only assuming.

how would you rank the west shades?

Shades

PostPosted: 03/11/14 7:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jlight wrote:
Shades wrote:
jlight wrote:
Shades wrote:

i don't know anything for sure. i was only assuming.

how would you rank the west shades?

It's a little early to say without knowing how free agency and the draft will go but as of now I say.
1. MIN
2. PHX
3. LAS
4. TUL
5. SEA
6. SAN

toad455

PostPosted: 03/11/14 7:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm picking Seattle to finish last in the league. Who knows at this point who'll be their starting center come May. San Antonio & Tulsa will again fight for that last play-off spot.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
J-Spoon

PostPosted: 03/11/14 10:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

While I pretty much agree with Shades list the one thing you can say about Seattle and SA in they are very well coached and both are competitive even with some of their stars being injured. SA should be getting two former all-stars back, will have some internal growth with its youth and will be getting a top 3 pick in the draft. Seattle made the play-offs last year and will be getting one of the best point guard ever back in the fold, Seattle also seems like one of the places free agents like to go, so while Minnesota is still the class of the west, PX and LA seem to have a lot of talent, and Tulsa has huge room for internal growth along with the #2 and #13 picks joining the fold, and probably a lot of people rooting for them to take that next step forward to the playoffs, Seattle and SA aren't going to wilt under the pressure no matter who they send out on any giving night. It will be another season where the west is the more exciting conference to watch game to game.

PhoenixxLily
I Voted

Location: South Carolina, United States, North America, Earth

PostPosted: 03/11/14 10:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
While I pretty much agree with Shades list the one thing you can say about Seattle and SA in they are very well coached and both are competitive even with some of their stars being injured. SA should be getting two former all-stars back, will have some internal growth with its youth and will be getting a top 3 pick in the draft. Seattle made the play-offs last year and will be getting one of the best point guard ever back in the fold, Seattle also seems like one of the places free agents like to go, so while Minnesota is still the class of the west, PX and LA seem to have a lot of talent, and Tulsa has huge room for internal growth along with the #2 and #13 picks joining the fold, and probably a lot of people rooting for them to take that next step forward to the playoffs, Seattle and SA aren't going to wilt under the pressure no matter who they send out on any giving night. It will be another season where the west is the more exciting conference to watch game to game.

Sue Bird. and i hope it goes much better for her and the team than it did for Penny Taylor and the Mercury. PFT wasn't quite as ready as we all thought she would be at the start of the season and then sort of had a tougher time than expected. all of Mercury fandom, including myself, was so excited and basically depending on the return of the great PFT. it didn't exactly go as planned and this season i'm hoping Seattle fans don't get their hopes up too high too soon. it may take a little longer than what's wanted for Bird to be the Birdy of old.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 03/12/14 2:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LilyJadeRose wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:

Sue Bird. and i hope it goes much better for her and the team than it did for Penny Taylor and the Mercury. PFT wasn't quite as ready as we all thought she would be at the start of the season and then sort of had a tougher time than expected. all of Mercury fandom, including myself, was so excited and basically depending on the return of the great PFT. it didn't exactly go as planned and this season i'm hoping Seattle fans don't get their hopes up too high too soon. it may take a little longer than what's wanted for Bird to be the Birdy of old.

Bird will be fine am satisfied of what im seeing from her with UMMC right now. She is agressive and looking to score and still dishing as always. So she will be fine. People always underestimate the Storm. I did it last season and they still found a way to the playoffs with that line-up. Now Bird is coming back so i still they they will have a better record then Tulsa and maybe SAS.

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
blaase22

PostPosted: 03/12/14 4:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

No way Seattle finishes last, Have people forgotten the Mercury can't beat them?Laughing Laughing

although they will miss TT.

Shades

PostPosted: 03/12/14 6:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

blaase22 wrote:
No way Seattle finishes last, Have people forgotten the Mercury can't beat them?Laughing Laughing

PHX is moving Turnover Taurasi off the ball this year. They should be better because of it.

pilight

PostPosted: 03/12/14 8:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The whole league is absurdly stacked. We need expansion.

You and Pinocchio are probably related
Full of criss-crossed fits, you lie all the time
Your tongue should be embarrassed, you're a threat to mankind
caune

PostPosted: 03/12/14 8:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

blaase22 wrote:

How long have you been following the league? Just last year perhaps?

PostPosted: 03/12/14 9:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

caune wrote:
blaase22 wrote:

Tbh the Mercury most of the time have a lot of trouble against the Storm.
And it wasnt only last season. In 2009 and 2010 we won 5-8 games straight against the Mercury if i remember correctly

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Richyyy

PostPosted: 03/12/14 9:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
caune wrote:
blaase22 wrote:

Tbh the Mercury most of the time have a lot of trouble against the Storm.
And it wasnt only last season. In 2009 and 2010 we won 5-8 games straight against the Mercury if i remember correctly

Last four seasons, Seattle are 16-2 in regular season games against Phoenix (19-4 if you include playoffs).

PostPosted: 03/12/14 12:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

blaase22 wrote:

It shouldn't be that they CANT beat them. More like HAVENT beat them. Who's to say that they Won't beat them? Who's to say that they will?
Remember Washington couldn't beat anybody and then with a new coach and new system they beat a lot of people.

PostPosted: 03/12/14 12:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Certainly missing Tina will be big... sort of offsets gaining Sue. Hard to see how the Storm have a path to being better than 17-17 in this conference, but that's why I await eagerly to see what kind of moves they make.

Also, they need to hire a new assistant coach. I'd think that would be done pretty soon.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: