RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

What the heck is that?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pilight

PostPosted: 01/26/05 7:44 pm    ::: What the heck is that? Reply Reply with quote

There are two dropdown boxes in the bottom right corner when I'm here. When I click on the arrow of either, it shows me an empty dropdown. When I scroll the page, they multiply! What are they and how do I get rid of them? I'm using the Classic board style.

Site Admin

PostPosted: 01/26/05 8:11 pm    ::: Re: What the heck is that? Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
There are two dropdown boxes in the bottom right corner when I'm here. When I click on the arrow of either, it shows me an empty dropdown. When I scroll the page, they multiply! What are they and how do I get rid of them? I'm using the Classic board style.

I have no idea, I have one drop down box in the bottom right hand 'Select a forum', sounds like some type of javascript issue, what browser are you using? Don't know much I can do about it, it's part of the software

pilight

PostPosted: 01/26/05 8:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I am using CrazyBrowser.

http://crazybrowser.com/

I can see the Jump to: box, that seems to work OK. Let me try to make you some screen shots so you can see what I'm talking about.

PostPosted: 01/26/05 8:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

See what I'm talking about?

PostPosted: 01/26/05 8:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I've had that happen before... Can't remember how to replicate it right now, but it involves clicking on the drop-down box then clicking the center wheel and scrolling up and down while the system resources are low. The only way I solved this problem was not to do a wheel scroll while a drop-down menu was highlighted and to get more RAM. Confused

Shocked

rebkell
Site Admin

PostPosted: 01/26/05 9:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Admiral_Needa wrote:
I've had that happen before... Can't remember how to replicate it right now, but it involves clicking on the drop-down box then clicking the center wheel and scrolling up and down while the system resources are low. The only way I solved this problem was not to do a wheel scroll while a drop-down menu was highlighted and to get more RAM. Confused

Shocked

I don't know what to tell you, but I agree with Admiral, when I have symptoms similar to this, it is normally when the resources are low, or I've got too many things going on, have you always had the problem or is it a recent happening?

pilight

PostPosted: 01/26/05 9:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't have a wheel. Just an old track ball. I've never had this happen before.

Site Admin

PostPosted: 01/26/05 9:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
I don't have a wheel. Just an old track ball. I've never had this happen before.

Have you rebooted? Sounds like some program may have eaten up memory and is eating up resources, the black blob of the screen shot, is normally video related and memory related.

pilight

PostPosted: 01/26/05 9:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

AHA!

I got a new printer, a Lexmark, and it installed a program called Lexpps.exe along with its drivers. It's supposed to allow the printer to be used as a shared network printer in a peer-to-peer network. That's not an issue here, but the program seemed to be using a whole bunch of memory for something that isn't actually doing anything.

So I dumped it, and things are back to normal.

Site Admin

PostPosted: 01/26/05 10:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
AHA!

I got a new printer, a Lexmark, and it installed a program called Lexpps.exe along with its drivers. It's supposed to allow the printer to be used as a shared network printer in a peer-to-peer network. That's not an issue here, but the program seemed to be using a whole bunch of memory for something that isn't actually doing anything.

So I dumped it, and things are back to normal.

Very good, printer software is strange sometimes, I've had more weird junk from HP than anything, it's like they have to reinvent the wheel...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: