SEA--Howard
ATL--Schimmel
IND--Gray
CHI--Gatling
CON--Liston
MIN--Achonwa

shadowboxer

PostPosted: 04/14/14 1:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Is it a norm for a player and her family to be invited to an WNBA team area like CT did for N.Howard? Just being kind? Just wondered.

shadowboxer

PostPosted: 04/14/14 2:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Think the twitter was just squeezing in too much info, on 2nd look.

caune

PostPosted: 04/14/14 2:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RP wrote:
Final one...

CON--Ogwumike
TUL--Sims
SAN--Thomas
NY--McBride
IND--Dolson
WAS--Hartley
SEA--Howard
ATL--Schimmel
IND--Gray
CHI--Gatling
CON--Liston
MIN--Achonwa

I like this one but I'm flipping McBride and Simms. I just think Tulsa would be crazy to pass on a real 2 guard for a modified one, even if she is "local" kinda sorta lol

And I would really like to see the fireworks created with a backcourt of Sims and Pondexter :O

PostPosted: 04/14/14 2:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

caune wrote:
RP wrote:
Final one...

CON--Ogwumike
TUL--Sims
SAN--Thomas
NY--McBride
IND--Dolson
WAS--Hartley
SEA--Howard
ATL--Schimmel
IND--Gray
CHI--Gatling
CON--Liston
MIN--Achonwa

I like this one but I'm flipping McBride and Simms. I just think Tulsa would be crazy to pass on a real 2 guard for a modified one, even if she is "local" kinda sorta lol

And I would really like to see the fireworks created with a backcourt of Sims and Pondexter :O

You think Hughes might pass on the local kid, not as much kinda sorta?

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
redann

PostPosted: 04/14/14 3:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

http://www.wnba.com/shock/news/draft_feature__odyssey_sims_2014_04_13.html

http://www.wnba.com/stars/news/140411_graft_prospects.html

myrtle

PostPosted: 04/14/14 3:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

caune wrote:

Yeah, me too. Unfortunately it ain't happening.

FS02

PostPosted: 04/14/14 3:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Utah players

Quote:
According to Levrets, Plouffe could be taken as high as the top 10, but might go as low as 23, and maybe even drop out of the first round. Plouffe’s countrywoman Kim Smith is the last Utah player to be taken in the first round, as she was selected 13th in the 2006 draft by the Sacramento Monarchs. And like Smith, Plouffe offers myriad skills, all wrapped in a 6-foot-4 body.

The way they word this, I think they mistakenly think the first round is to #24.

Quote:
This year will be a rarity for the state, with BYU’s Jennifer Hamson also expected to be drafted. Plouffe — for her part — said sleeping will be difficult in the days leading up to the draft. She may not have started playing basketball with the goal of the WNBA in mind. But when she realized a pro basketball career is attainable, she pursued it relentlessly.

And now, she’s right on the cusp.

http://sltrib.com/sltrib/mobile3/57810066-219/plouffe-utah-basketball-draft.html.csp

Plouffe in the second round would be a good risk, IMO.

PostPosted: 04/14/14 3:38 pm    ::: Hamson Reply Reply with quote

I talked with BYU Coach Judkins earlier today. While he confirmed Jennifer Hamson was concentrating on volleyball until after her last season of eligibility at BYU, he believed there was a good chance she would give the WNBA a try in the summer of 2015.

He also wanted to put in a plug for his guard Lexi Eaton for the 2016 draft.

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 04/14/14 3:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

round 2 of fun draft day trades starting with Charles, Cash and Cambage

Charles #11 to Washington for Langhorne, Hollingsworth and #6 (#11 an athltic guard#6 Hartley or Dolson)

Cash and #10 to Indy for Christmas and #5 (#10 Gray #5 Howard)

Cambage to Seattle for Stricklen and #7 (#7 Gatling)

more fun with #4 (NY wants an experienced guard)

#4 for R. Williams and #13 (Then Tulsa can draft #2 Sims and #4 McBride, NYL can use #13 and #14 on any two of Marshall, Lucas, Simmons, Gray, Achonwa, Stallworth, Ndour)

#4 and Mitchell for Latta (Mike T can move Lawson to the PG spot Mitchell can back up PG off the bench, and Washington can draft #4 McBride and #6 Howard to continue the make over. Maybe BL can make a height exception for Latta and start her with Pondexter and Carson)

#4 for S. Johnson and #15 (SA can draft any 2 of Thomas, McBride and Dolson at #3 and #4 NY gets an experienced guard who can start at the 3 with Cappie and Carson and can go post/guard at #14 and #15)

Somethings no one in their right mind would see coming

#2 for Dupree (PX adds #2 Simms to Phillips and DT, at the 1, 2, 3, with Bass, Bonner and sometimes Taylor covering the 4, Tulsa get a veteran scoring post and slides GloJo to the 5 if Camabge doesn't show, Tulsa grabs a guard at #13 Schimmel, Simmons, marshall, Lucas to back up Williams who starts alongside Diggins)

#3 and S. Young to LA for N. Ogwumike (LA drafts Thomas at #3, LA now has Harding, Toliver, Herrington, Wiggins and Beard at guard, Beard, Thomas and Young on the wing, And Parker, Gruda, Young, Thomas and Lavender in the post, SA get a new high character startinf PF and Nneka get a chance to shine is SA)

#4 and T. Young to Tulsa for Diggins and #13 (Beware the power of JayZee and Roc nation, Now Tulsa doesn't worry about having to play Diggins and Sims together because they'll be starting Sims and McBride, and can play Ok State Tomi Young at the 3/4 NY adds Diggins in a huge media market with a box office deprived team returning to MSG with Cappie and Carson and can pick up another guard and post in the 2nd round at 13 and 14.)

mannman

PostPosted: 04/14/14 3:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FS02 wrote:
Shades wrote:
Utah players

Quote:
According to Levrets, Plouffe could be taken as high as the top 10, but might go as low as 23, and maybe even drop out of the first round. Plouffe’s countrywoman Kim Smith is the last Utah player to be taken in the first round, as she was selected 13th in the 2006 draft by the Sacramento Monarchs. And like Smith, Plouffe offers myriad skills, all wrapped in a 6-foot-4 body.

The way they word this, I think they mistakenly think the first round is to #24.

Quote:
This year will be a rarity for the state, with BYU’s Jennifer Hamson also expected to be drafted. Plouffe — for her part — said sleeping will be difficult in the days leading up to the draft. She may not have started playing basketball with the goal of the WNBA in mind. But when she realized a pro basketball career is attainable, she pursued it relentlessly.

And now, she’s right on the cusp.

http://sltrib.com/sltrib/mobile3/57810066-219/plouffe-utah-basketball-draft.html.csp

Plouffe in the second round would be a good risk, IMO.

The other Plouffe may be a good risk in the third.

TotalCardinalMove

PostPosted: 04/14/14 3:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
round 2 of fun draft day trades starting with Charles, Cash and Cambage

Charles #11 to Washington for Langhorne, Hollingsworth and #6 (#11 an athltic guard#6 Hartley or Dolson)

Cash and #10 to Indy for Christmas and #5 (#10 Gray #5 Howard)

more fun with #4 (NY wants an experienced guard)

#4 for R. Williams and #13 (Then Tulsa can draft #2 Sims and #4 McBride, NYL can use #13 and #14 on any two of Marshall, Lucas, Simmons, Gray, Achonwa, Stallworth, Ndour)

#4 and Mitchell for Latta (Mike T can move Lawson to the PG spot Mitchell can back up PG off the bench, and Washington can draft #4 McBride and #6 Howard to continue the make over. Maybe BL can make a height exception for Latta and start her with Pondexter and Carson)

#4 for S. Johnson and #15 (SA can draft any 2 of Thomas, McBride and Dolson at #3 and #4 NY gets an experienced guard who can start at the 3 with Cappie and Carson and can go post/guard at #14 and #15)

Somethings no one in their right mind would see coming

#2 for Dupree (PX adds #2 Simms to Phillips and DT, at the 1, 2, 3, with Bass, Bonner and sometimes Taylor covering the 4, Tulsa get a veteran scoring post and slides GloJo to the 5 if Camabge doesn't show, Tulsa grabs a guard at #13 Schimmel, Simmons, marshall, Lucas to back up Williams who starts alongside Diggins)

#3 and S. Young to LA for N. Ogwumike (LA drafts Thomas at #3, LA now has Harding, Toliver, Herrington, Wiggins and Beard at guard, Beard, Thomas and Young on the wing, And Parker, Gruda, Young, Thomas and Lavender in the post, SA get a new high character startinf PF and Nneka get a chance to shine is SA)

#4 and T. Young to Tulsa for Diggins and #13 (Beware the power of JayZee and Roc nation, Now Tulsa doesn't worry about having to play Diggins and Sims together because they'll be starting Sims and McBride, and can play Ok State Tomi Young at the 3/4 NY adds Diggins in a huge media market with a box office deprived team returning to MSG with Cappie and Carson and can pick up another guard and post in the 2nd round at 13 and 14.)
Absolutely LOVING that Nneka trade to San Antonio.

pilight

PostPosted: 04/14/14 4:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight mock 2.0

1 Connecticut - Ogwumike
2 Tulsa - Sims
3 San Antonio - Thomas
4 New York - McBride
5 Indiana - Howard
6 Washington - Gray
7 Seattle - Dolson
8 Atlanta - Hartley
9 Indiana - Schimmel
10 Chicago - Simmons
11 Connecticut - Liston
12 Minnesota - Achonwa

PostPosted: 04/14/14 4:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Foggie, Lister take low-key approach to WNBA draft
Vanderbilt senior guards could hear their names called tonight

Quote:
"It's an honor just to be in consideration," said Foggie, who led the SEC in scoring this season after averaging a career-high 19 points per game. "I feel like we have done all we can at this point ... so now it's just matter of letting the chips fall where they may."

Foggie, who is Vanderbilt's all-time leader in 3-pointers, said she plans to watch the draft in her room, and said she might 'FaceTime' with her parents. She said if she gets drafted, she might go out to dinner with some of her teammates.

"I am more relaxed than I thought I would be," said Foggie with a laugh.

Quote:
"If I don't hear my name tonight, that won't be nearly as devastating as it would have been (to be left out of the NCAA Tournament)," said Lister, who is Vanderbilt's all-time career leader in minutes played. "If I don't get drafted, I still have some other options, like playing overseas or other things."

Lister, who started every game (129) of her career at Vanderbilt, recently participated in a WNBA combine in Franklin, Tenn.

"I felt like I was getting recruited all over again," said Lister. "I enjoyed the experience."

Quote:
WNBA DRAFT
Since 1999, Vanderbilt has had 12 players chosen in the WNBA Draft.
1999 Sheri Sam Orlando
2000 Chavonne Hammond Detroit
2002 Zuzi Klimesova Indiana
2002 Jillian Danker Indiana
2003 Chantelle Anderson Sacramento
2003 Ashley McElhiney Indiana
2004 Jenni Benningfield Charlotte
2005 Ashley Earley Indiana
2007 Dee Davis Houston
2007 Carla Thomas Chicago
2009 Christina Wirth Indiana
2009 Jennifer Risper Chicago

http://www.vucommodores.com/sports/w-baskbl/spec-rel/041414aad.html

Randy

PostPosted: 04/14/14 4:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'd be pretty happy to see those two go 18 and 20. If we pick Simmons at 8 (not thrilled) it would be awesome to see them fight it out in practice. Gvie the job to the last player standing (which I'm pretty sure will be from Vandy, since they out number the Vol 2 to 1.)

Shades

PostPosted: 04/14/14 4:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Of course, it is what Hamson has been telling WNBA teams that could keep her from being drafted. As this story in today’s Tribune details, Hamson has told the WNBA teams which have contacted her or coach Jeff Judkins that she will definitely not play professional basketball this summer.

Instead, she will play at a college volleyball camp in Minneapolis in late June and early July, then return to the BYU volleyball team for her final year of eligibility in that sport this fall.

"It is probably going to be a tough decision for most teams, because I have decided I am not going to play this summer, so they would be drafting me for next season [2015]," Hamson said.

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/blogsbyusports/57817895-65/story.csp

OMG, Reeve, she'll be in Minneapolis during the summer! She can hang out at Target Center and become familiar. Make this work.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 04/14/14 4:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:

Really hope that we somehow get Cambage without giving up Sue, T Wright and Little. This trade would be fine by me if she comes over Laughing

And it makes sense for Tulsa too if Cambage is iffy by coming over to Tulsa ever again.. They need a versatile SF and they get Sims with their 2nd pick.

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
caune

PostPosted: 04/14/14 4:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
caune wrote:
RP wrote:
Final one...

CON--Ogwumike
TUL--Sims
SAN--Thomas
NY--McBride
IND--Dolson
WAS--Hartley
SEA--Howard
ATL--Schimmel
IND--Gray
CHI--Gatling
CON--Liston
MIN--Achonwa

Could be so goes to SA. And why would NY draft McBride, isn't she Cappie without the fashion Razz

You think Hughes might pass on the local kid, not as much kinda sorta?

PostPosted: 04/14/14 5:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

My final exercise in futility. I admit my Dream selections are to a certain extent wishful thinking. 8 and 9 could be reversed.

Team Order Name Pos.
CT 1 Chiney Ogwumike PF
TU 2 Odyssey Sims PG
SA 3 Alyssa Thomas F
NY 4 Kayla McBride G
IN 5 Stefanie Dolson C
DC 6 Natasha Howard F
SEA 7 Chelsea Gray PG
ATL 8 Shoni Schimmel G
IN 9 Bria Hartley G
CHI 10 Markeisha Gatling C
CT 11 Meighan Simmons G
MN 12 Natalie Achonwa F
TU 13 Jordan Hooper F
NY 14 Tyaunna Marshall G
MN 15 Tricia Liston G
SA 16 Tiffany Bias G
PHO 17 Aaryn Ellenberg G
ATL 18 Christina Foggie G
SEA 19 Hallie Christofferson F
ATL 20 Maggie Lucas G
PHO 21 Michelle Plouffe F
CHI 22 DeNesha Stallworth C
LA 23 Cassie Harberts F
MN 24 Teresa Plaisance C

cometsfan05

PostPosted: 04/14/14 5:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
My final exercise in futility. I admit my Dream selections are to a certain extent wishful thinking. 8 and 9 could be reversed.

Team Order Name Pos.
CT 1 Chiney Ogwumike PF
TU 2 Odyssey Sims PG
SA 3 Alyssa Thomas F
NY 4 Kayla McBride G
IN 5 Stefanie Dolson C
DC 6 Natasha Howard F
SEA 7 Chelsea Gray PG
ATL 8 Shoni Schimmel G
IN 9 Bria Hartley G
CHI 10 Markeisha Gatling C
CT 11 Meighan Simmons G
MN 12 Natalie Achonwa F
TU 13 Jordan Hooper F
NY 14 Tyaunna Marshall G
MN 15 Tricia Liston G
SA 16 Tiffany Bias G
PHO 17 Aaryn Ellenberg G
ATL 18 Christina Foggie G
SEA 19 Hallie Christofferson F
ATL 20 Maggie Lucas G
PHO 21 Michelle Plouffe F
CHI 22 DeNesha Stallworth C
LA 23 Cassie Harberts F
MN 24 Teresa Plaisance C

Three guards for the dream? And we are not passing on Hartley for Schimmel. Would be a huge mistake.

Shades

PostPosted: 04/14/14 5:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:

MN 24 Teresa Plaisance C

How dare you write her name down just after I pleaded with Reeve to make Hamson work. Wink

RavenDog

PostPosted: 04/14/14 5:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Late first and early second is "Hamson Time." Got to take a chance on this one. I hope it's SASS but I don't see her getting this far unless there's more to her situation than we know about....

Randy

PostPosted: 04/14/14 6:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Randy wrote:

MN 24 Teresa Plaisance C

How dare you write her name down just after I pleaded with Reeve to make Hamson work. Wink

Hey I made it all the way to pick 24 before there was a problem. Razz I might change that pick if Madame Cleo says its ok.

As for Shoni v. Hartley, I'd be happy with either one. Shoni is more fun to watch. If my job depended on picking the right one I'd probably go with Hartley, but it doesn't. Plus, I'm sure that Angel would prefer Shoni.

Sorry got to go. We're having a final pre-draft seance.

cometsfan05

PostPosted: 04/14/14 6:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Good thing it's not about what Angel wants then lol.

MNfan22

PostPosted: 04/14/14 7:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
SpaceJunkie wrote:
Shades wrote:
If Schimmel somehow ends up there at #12, she'll get drafted by the Lynx. She won't be there at #15 because Williams has already said he'd take her at #13. No secrets from Williams.

I doubt the Lynx would do that, unless it's for a trade. Laughing

Why, Rodgers is hurt and it's a position they like to be three deep.
She has a playground bball style that fits in well with McCarville and Whalen.
Also, there's something else you don't seem to realize. Don't want to say publicly.

Rodgers didn't look hurt playing golf this past Sunday?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 65, 66, 67  Next
Page 66 of 67

Jump to: